Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Andi Then There Were Three

• Start Topic

I've always liked Nick but tonight I realized who he reminded me of:  Andy Cohen from Bravo, and now that's kind of ruined Nick for me.  I don't mind Nick's "likes" so much.  Guys can be inarticulate when expressing their feelings.  I'd distrust someone who was too smooth and polished when expressing his feelings.

After the final interview with Chris the next thing I saw was this big black car coming down the street and this music playing, and I thought this was the limo coming to pick up Chris, but it didn't seem right. It was just a Progressive commercial with Flo at the very end but it had me puzzled for awhile.

I noticed Andi's swimsuit, too.  I thought it was extra padding that was sticking out.

I thought Chris handled his rejection well.  He was grown-up about it and I especially appreciated how kind he was to Andi even though he had some hurt feelings.  I don't think he was a liar or particularly deceptive.  He just chose to not show a ton of emotion about her rejection; it doesn't mean he didn't feel anything. He did have a Bachelor audition speech about finding love, but I kind of hope he's not the next Bachelor.  He seems like a nice guy and he'd probably end up a jerk if he was the Bachelor.

• Love 4

After the final interview with Chris the next thing I saw was this big black car coming down the street and this music playing, and I thought this was the limo coming to pick up Chris, but it didn't seem right. It was just a Progressive commercial with Flo at the very end but it had me puzzled for awhile.

I like had the same reaction. I was like wow - did they like have the limo driver on like standby? Amazing!

And was then oddly disappointed to realize it was a commercial...

• Love 3

Am I the only one who was a bit unnerved about Andi's date with Josh being a carbon copy of her fantasy date with Juan Pablo? Well the day portion anyway. They walked around town being goofy and then played the sport he used to do professionally with some random kids. Are they trying to underline the fact that she has a certain type she always goes for, or was the point to highlight how different those dates were despite all the similarities? Either way Josh just bores me. He might be easygoing and even sincere, but I can never muster up much interest in what he has to say. Whereas with Nick, as incoherent as he may get when he's nervous, when he does manage to string a sentence together I find myself keenly listening, because what he says is often refreshingly unexpected. And Andi has the same incoherence problem at times, so a match made in heaven! Too bad she seems to be gravitating towards Josh. I just fear she may find herself bored with him sooner rather than later. I don't know if it was just misleading editing, but Andi's dad didn't seem as impressed with Josh as people have predicted.

YMMV but I saw nothing pudgy about Nick's body. Honestly I was stunned by Nick's body because it almost seemed to not align with what I've seen when he's clothed. I was wondering where that chest and those abs came from. But supposedly Nick was actually a track star in college (go figure with Josh being boxed in as the athlete - the editors and their labels) and his body looked like that of someone who's fit and stays in shape but may not be a gym rat/weight lifter.

I actually found myself crushing on Nick a bit now that he only had one or none layers on. Have they mostly been to cold places this season? Because I really can't remember seeing much of his body before. Just the perfect amount of muscle IMO. But then again I find nothing attractive about overly pumped gym rats. 

As for Chris, I think he handled himself well and was just being stoic. He reacted very similarly to the news about Eric's death, so I think that's just how he is and I'm not gonna judge him for it. I feel secondhand embarrassment towards most guys weeping in the limo about their life being over because some girl they barely knew wasn't feeling it, so good for Chris! He seemed hurt on the inside. On the other hand I doubt he was actually in love with Andi. He seems way too sensible to fall for someone based on so little. And as Sharleen pointed out in her last recap, his romantic gestures have seemed a bit too planned out and corny to be sincere. He's been trying to force the romance ever since those "secret admirer" letters.

• Love 2

I completely agree. Being stoic is the best way to act when you're dumped--have some dignity, especially on camera. I liked when he was sizing up the situation and asked "Do you want me to convince you or are you telling me how it already is?" (paraphrased, but an intelligent thing to say. He was willing to make a case if it would make a difference. When he realized it wouldn't he did the smart thing--kept his manners, his dignity, was gentlemanly if sad, and left.

That is exactly how I saw it.  He knew there was no chance to change her mind and he left with his dignity in tact.  Not everyone is willing to cry on national TV.  I think his reaction matched how we saw him all season.

• Love 3
I completely agree. Being stoic is the best way to act when you're dumped--have some dignity, especially on camera. I liked when he was sizing up the situation and asked "Do you want me to convince you or are you telling me how it already is?" (paraphrased, but an intelligent thing to say. He was willing to make a case if it would make a difference. When he realized it wouldn't he did the smart thing--kept his manners, his dignity, was gentlemanly if sad, and left.

I am quoting you, too :-)  I loved how he asked her that question -- very intuitive, and it says a lot about his character and shows his emotional intelligence.  Josh would have been like--um, what are you saying, is she saying something?  I am kidding, but Josh isn't quite with it all of the time.  I think it is great he didn't go all crazy on camera.  Plus I agree with what others have said that his reaction makes sense given where he has come from--that is fairly typical for an Iowan.  There is a lot of sensitivity in him, but with a quiet reaction.  I also think there is a pull yourself up by your bootstraps approach and move on.  He could tell nothing he could say would change her mind, and it was him time to leave and start the healing process on his own, and without cameras around.

• Love 3
(edited)

I also thought it was a little sad she chose the horseback riding date with him if she was THAT uncomfortable riding horses (if she chose it, I know it could've been producer driven).  Would they have been better off with a helicopter trip to a private island?  It seemed like she had fun with the helicopter date with Nick and the baseball date with Josh, but very little chance of having fun on the horseback riding date because of nerves.

I have often thought that the type of date they get can determine the direction the relationship takes.  Like for example Dylan had that really lame train date and it's not the type of date that makes memories and helps you bond.  But the rapelling date with Marcus was an adventure they shared and brought them closer, and I think kept him there longer.  Imagine if Marcus had got the cooking date and Brian got the rapelling date - I think things would have gone different for how long both guys lasted.  When Andi was on the horse date with Chris and was looking so uncomfortable I was like Uh this isn't going very well.

I do think that Chris was genuinely upset.  Not sure how real or deep his love was given the bubble of the show, but he definitely was hurt.  When she started to talk and the tone of their conversation began to change to her dumping him, you could see the look on his face was like oh no, oh no, you could see where it was going and he was not blase about it.  It must be so surreal with the cameras there, I think by the time he got to the car when he said "What just happened there" it really hit him.

Re: the bathing suit - I thought maybe that was part of her being miked up?  Not a lot of places to hide it on a bikini.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 2
When Andi was repeatedly telling Chris that she didn't really want to blame Iowa, I kept expecting him to burst into "You Ought to Give Iowa a Try," from "The Music Man."https://www.youtube....h?v=xV7ZcVFSWWU The people in the movie kind of explain Chris's manner, too.

That would have been awesome, and had it been my brain in Andi's body, it would have also sealed the deal.  Game over, the guy who invokes The Music Man wins it all.

• Love 1

I don't believe for one second that Chris loved Andi. He took that rejection way too casually. He seems like a disingenuous liar to me.

Given the premise of the show, I think it is a bit harsh to call Chris a disingenuous liar.  If that were the case then that label would apply to every Lead and all the contestants.  I was rather relieve that he didn’t sob uncontrollably over a woman he’d known for two weeks and with whom he’d probably spent a total of eight to ten hours.

That, like, was like the lamest fantasy suite week that, like, I've ever seen.  I mean, it was like, really boring.

In my opinion this whole season was lame and boring.  I found the foreign locales uninteresting.  There wasn’t one place they visited that I would put on my Bucket List.  I have a feeling they spent most of the franchise’s budget on Bachelor Paradise.

• Love 1

I do believe Andi when she said her heart and her mind are at odds when it came to Chris.  She knows the guy is most likely the only one that was ready for marriage and who isn't really an unknown factor.  Nick and Josh are pretty much wild cards...would not be surpised if either had a change of heart when they got back to reality.

I've always thought Josh was the one for Andi but that she still isn't sure whether his professed love is real. He is obviously the best looking and is saying the right things right now and her type.  Just don't get her connection with Nick but it does seem real and has been there since the beginning.  However, that doesn't mean the guy is ready for marriage or not just wanting to win. 

• Love 1

And here's something ELSE I find really "frickin'" (another tm Andi annoyance) annoying.  

Unless you're a guy in a Caribbean brothel, mid-act, and someone asks "where are you", you're not "in the Dominican"!!!

You're in The Dominican Republic.  

• Love 6

I don't know why, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Josh said something along the lines of him being certain he'd marry Andi and that she'd no longer be "Andi Dorfman" but "Andy Murray." Maybe it's just me, but it's 2014... women don't need to automatically take the husband's last name; she can keep her last name if she wants to.

• Love 5

I loved how he asked her that question -- very intuitive, and it says a lot about his character and shows his emotional intelligence.  Josh would have been like--um, what are you saying, is she saying something?

Chris impressed me with the way he handled his sudden exit, too.  I loved how he was actually was listening to Andi and not just waiting for her to stop talking so he could do a Cody-styled rant of "how much you are going to love me the more you know me." He's 32 years old and acted like it. I did think he looked crestfallen when he saw which way Andi was going.  I don't really like the way Andi semi-yells at her rejected suitors ... her "I can't do that to you" emotions are a little over the top. Doesn't she at least mentally prepare herself for what it is going to take to let a guy go? I truly wish Chris had said, "It's okay." Ha.

I thought Nick's storybook was cute with its "magical love flowers" but who in production goofed and told him to give it to her on the Final 3 date? The Final 2 date is when such lame mementos of their time together are traditionally exchanged. What will Nick do next week when Josh is presenting Andi with a signed baseball from his minor league team to win her heart and Nick has used up all his good ideas?

I've always thought Josh was the one for Andi but that she still isn't sure whether his professed love is real. He is obviously the best looking and is saying the right things right now and her type

I find Josh hard to look at. His teeth are too white and he looks like the template of a muscular bad guy that Disney animators look at for inspiration when they are drawing up their cartoon villains. 

• Love 12

Why was Nick wearing high water pants to the rose ceremony? Why does Andi consistently wear bun hanger shorts? Who told Andi loose caftan style clothing was flattering on her? Why didn't production notice the white blob of mystery hanging out of her bikini top? So many questions! I have to fill my brain with something because I'm finding Andi & this season increasingly dull.

I liked how Chris handled himself. I don't know if he loved Andi or not, the bubble works weirdness in your head I'm sure, but I don't think he was necessarily lying. I appreciated his calm acceptance & attempt to handle things like a grown up. No whining whys & life has ended declarations. He seemed momentarily thrown, decided to man up & leave & then seemed perplexed in the car. I'm glad she didn't take him for a test run if she had no real interest. I do give her credit for that.

I think I would've found Nick's book sweet if I'd been dating a guy in college & he gave it to me sans audience. In this setting I cringed a bit for everyone. When he was trying to squeeze out his I love you I felt like he was a junior high boy. I turned to my tween & told her if a man tried to tell her he loved her by talking all around the topic & swinging his arms like Bashful the dwarf then she should tell him own it or shut it. It seems I really don't like Nick.

I had a freaky moment when I realized that the final three all had names of guys I've had relationships with. You would think I would've noticed that before but it hadn't been until the final three that I've known everyone's name for sure. I kept forgetting who Marcus was & every so often I'd swear they just threw in a production assistant at rose ceremonies to confuse me.

• Love 3

What really struck me last night is how much of a himbo Josh seems to be. I think he's quite dim. Happy go lucky, loving life, etc. are just key phrases for "I don't want to think" for me.

Totally. It seems like half the things he says could be found on motivational posters. There's no there there. I also find him the least attractive of the final four guys, that manicured look doesn't do it for me. But yeah, he's got this in the bag. 

I do find Nick endearingly awkward, and liked how he pulled her away from the lights and the cameras (sort of) to finally spit out that he loves her. I did find it interesting how she let him founder so much on the beach though. He was obviously uncomfortable and trying to spit something out and she didn't throw him a bone at all. 

• Love 1
I don't know why, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Josh said something along the lines of him being certain he'd marry Andi and that she'd no longer be "Andi Dorfman" but "Andy Murray." Maybe it's just me, but it's 2014... women don't need to automatically take the husband's last name; she can keep her last name if she wants to.

Amen, Curio! As someone who kept my own name after marriage, my ears really perked up on that one. Yes, a lot of women do change their name, but it sure isn't automatic.

• Love 4
To me the date with Nick seemed so uncomfortable once they got to the island, to the point that it was hard to watch at times, but the fairytale won me over. I know not everyone likes it but I thought it was sweet.

The day part of Nick and Andi's date actually reminded me of a lot of her previous interactions with Josh. That's how their dates/conversations had gone in the past - she would go into interrogator mode and get pissy for no reason and I felt like that was what was going on with her and Nick which had never been the case before between them. Not to mention that the scene felt sliced and diced like I often thought her scenes with Josh were. Honestly, I think last night's show was the editing finally showing viewers who Andi's pick was - Josh. 

While the attraction was always there and he was clearly one of her favorites, I felt that the love story got lost in favor of the storyline about her having all these doubts about him and not being sure if she could trust him, her feelings for him, etc. and the show trying to make Nick into this awful villain that all of the guys hated. So with only two episodes left, assuming Andi picks Josh, the editing had to show how that happened. But they still left enough cute moments between her and Nick during the night-time portion to still create doubt. 

I find Josh hard to look at. His teeth are too white and he looks like the template of a muscular bad guy that Disney animators look at for inspiration when they are drawing up their cartoon villains.

I think it's a mixture of the too shiny look, the tan, that makes the teeth really blinding. Have to say when Nick and Josh were walking to the rose ceremony, I thought Nick was way hotter. I actually thought Nick looked amazing. With Josh, that was the first time I really saw the really muscular arms/body. Even his butt looked a little big. Everything about Josh's body screams gym rat and that's the same reason I was never attracted to Sean - well that and he always looked like a burned lobster. 

I don't know why, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Josh said something along the lines of him being certain he'd marry Andi and that she'd no longer be "Andi Dorfman" but "Andy Murray." Maybe it's just me, but it's 2014... women don't need to automatically take the husband's last name; she can keep her last name if she wants to.

Yes and well there already is a highly accomplished Andy Murray...

• Love 1

Back in my dating days, my friends and I would call Josh decorative, but not functional.  Always fun to date for awhile, and then move on when you run out of conversation.  Definitely not marriage material.

I can see why Andi was torn about giving up Chris.  On paper he is the most ready for marriage, and the guarantee of a comfortable life must've been appealing.

And while it's been confirmed that several past Bachelors took full advantage of the fantasy suite with all three women, have we ever heard this about an 'Ette?  I can see having a little fun up to a certain point with the guys, but actually sleeping with all of them?  Am I a little old fashioned here thinking the Bachelorettes wouldn't do this? 

• Love 2
And while it's been confirmed that several past Bachelors took full advantage of the fantasy suite with all three women, have we ever heard this about an 'Ette?  I can see having a little fun up to a certain point with the guys, but actually sleeping with all of them?  Am I a little old fashioned here thinking the Bachelorettes wouldn't do this?

Call me old fashioned as well, as I wondered the same thing.  I do think it would be less likely that an 'ette would sleep with more than one as women in general have a harder time getting that intimate with more than one person.  (not all women, but women looking for a long term relationship).  Because either the 'ette knows who she wants so wouldn't be likely to sleep with the other person, or even if she doesn't know, it seems that you could save the deeper intimacy for the person you end up choosing.  But I could just be naive, and that is okay too.  :-)

• Love 1

But she needs the a team Murray jersey to wear at all of Aaron's games. ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)

As some people have said already, I really liked Chris trying to find out if Andi was asking for more information or giving him the heave-ho. He seemed very open to either answering her if she just needed clarification, or sitting back and letting her get her feelings out if that's all she needed. I rarely like Chris, but I did in that moment.

Josh cannot stand silence. He fills every gap or possibility of a gap with some non-sequitur, or he repeats himself or Andi to keep there from being any sort of lull. It's exhausting. I thought that the walk-through-the-streets date was best for him so that there would be plenty to talk about and he wouldn't have to try so hard.

Nick ... I love Nick. His incessant "like"ing seemed to be a product of nerves. And call me crazy, but I like it when a guy gets a little tongue-tied and inarticulate when he's trying to express something like that (the first time - it's less cute if he can't say he loves you a year later, haha).

Other remarks on what people have said above- Josh's teeth: yes, blinding. Nick's body: hot, not pudgy. Whatever was in Andi's bikini top: distracting.

@TheFinalRose: you nailed it, Josh does remind me of Gaston.

Edited by Etta Place
  • Love 1

I only saw about 5 min of the beginning of the episode. She was in a lime green bikini & there was something white showing on the side of the cup- either a weirdly placed tag or she is stuffing the bra cups!

Right?  I was like, "psssst..........um, Andi honey??? Your stuffing is showing!!"

I want the word LIKE officially removed from the English language.  I always have close captioning on, because I love to read and it can sometimes be hilarious, and I pretty much lost track of what was going on in the episode because I was counting the LIKE's.

• Love 1

OMG Gaston! Totally. Also, Matt Dillon in "Something About Mary" when he gets those huge chompers. Has anyone noticed the odd way Josh walks? In his ill-fitting pants to the rose ceremony he looked like he was holding in a fart. 

Honestly I was stunned by Nick's body because it almost seemed to not align with what I've seen when he's clothed.

Agreed. The abs especially. And Andi was saying how hot his body was and I was just begging for some shirtless time with Chris. I did not like his crazy red pants and neon top and I did not like the story book and it was weird how the drawing of their bathing suits was so accurate? Like it had been done that day? And possibly not by Nick?  I also didn't like how he has to orchestrate everything like why did he have to tell her loved her against a tree? Why not just flow with the moment?

• Love 3

I think it's interesting that she keeps referring to her relationship with Nick as a "grown-up" relationship when it seems the most "high school" of all of them to me, but whatever.

I hate the obligatory scene where they pretend to have NO IDEA what could POSSIBLY be here on this date card.  On the fantasy suite date.  Which has happened the exact same way every. single. season. You can tell that even they have a hard time getting through it with a straight face. Or at least Josh did.

Please tell me Fleiss didn't have workmen out in the ocean cutting those sandbars into perfect hearts just for the overhead shot.  Honestly, I wouldn't put that past him.

• Love 5

I just finished reading a book that's partially set in the Dominican Republic during the fascist, genocidal Trujillo regime that lasted 30 years, so that's pretty much all I could think of whenever they talked about how wonderful it is "here in the Dominican Republic." That said, it did look beautiful.

On a much more shallow note, I'm totally crushing on Nick. I think he's adorable and his bod is smokin'. I also think that face he made during the end credits when Andi mentioned how long she was a bed wetter was one of the most genuine moments I've ever seen on this fakey fake show. I'm in full agreement with Sharleen when it comes to Nick. As she said on her blog recently:

Okay, I know I've developed a reputation for conspicuously and stubbornly defending Nick. But I'm starting to think the same people who don't like him probably didn't like me while on The Bachelor. Those who think Nick is arrogant, an asshole or, my favorite, "creepy", are likely among the many who thought I was awkward, snobby, or my favorite, "weird".

Andi is so going to pick Josh, isn't she? She seems like a very practical person, which tells me she'll go for her usual type. Too bad - I think he'll wind up boring her to death.

Oh Chris, I guess I'd better get used to you being the next Bachelor.

I was so hoping that one of the final 2 (or both!) would not accept the rose. THAT would have been a dramatic rose ceremony. I'm feeling like more and more of this is producer- driven with people trying to amp up the emotions. I'm over it, yet I keep watching.

Did anyone catch that weird voice edit when Andi was talking about Nick's book? It went something like "I could just seem him reading with kids. [A house full of kids]." The bracketed part was CLEARLY not said anywhere near the same time as the rest of the sentence.

I didn't notice that one specifically, but there was another, longer one that just jumped out at me.  It sounded like several 2-3 word chunks from different times and places were spliced together to make a (somewhat) coherent sentence.  I mean, I know that's not exactly a new thing, but normally they manage to smooth it out enough that it doesn't jar me out of what I'm doing and make me look up at the screen (cause there's no way I'm watching this show unless I'm multitasking at the same time.  My brain would literally shrivel away.)  I could go through the ep again and find which one it was, but I really don't want to.

Also, I just noticed that Josh said Andi gave him a "pit" in his stomach.  That would be grounds for automatic elimination if I were the Bachelorette.

I also think that face he made during the end credits when Andi mentioned how long she was a bed wetter was one of the most genuine moments I've ever seen on this fakey fake show.

Agreed. I think that's what made the scene so awesome for me. That was a very real and honest reaction Nick had there. Like you could tell for the moment he forgot there were any cameras and just had a "wait…say what?" And his laugh was just completely unfiltered. It actually was an awesome moment.

First thanks for "Gaston = Josh" and Chris as Harold Hill in one of my favorite musicals and songs. (Still not sure about "Andy Cohen = Nick" because seeing the similarity--looks-wise only!--makes me sad. I despise the cute but fakety-fake Cohen and Nick has really grown on me. Plus, as others have said, where has he been hiding his body all season? Why was it such a surprise now? I guess he wasn't on the strip date, or...? Anyway... hot.  If he doesn't "win", I'm definitely shipping him with Sharlene).

(Chris seemed} ...very intuitive, and it says a lot about his character and shows his emotional intelligence.  Josh .... There is a lot of sensitivity in him, but with a quiet reaction.  I also think there is a pull yourself up by your bootstraps approach and move on. 

Chris is too quiet to be someone I think of as "my type" (I guess the verbal chatty joke-y one here would be Nick). But he definitely has won me over throughout this show. His quiet strength, intelligence/thoughtful nature, supportiveness and commitment to Andi (or anyone he loved) really has come through the last couple of weeks. And even though he tends to be quiet, he obviously likes to laugh and have fun. I don't find him boring any more at all.  In fact, I'm surprised that when Eric died, it was Chris that I thought would be the one I'd want to talk with about it. And again last night, he seemed like the one you could really talk with about any problem--living in Iowa or whatever--and get a calm, thoughtful intelligent conversation that would lead to a better place.

But it has been obvious ever since she realized he was sending the letters, that she's just not feeling it.  I think she chose the horseback riding date to minimize the need for physical contact, knowing she already wasn't going to the FS.

Likewise, I guess I have to give Andi credit for drawing these guys out and getting them so committed to her. She's not someone I'd want as a friend, but I think she's been a much better/more interesting B-ette than Emily and much more deserving of all the fawning and "love" she's getting. She really did get three great guys to fall in love with her in a short time, kind of amazing, that.  I don't know how she could meet their families though, and still apparently not be looking ahead to the FRC being a lot more upset than she seems. Someone who is IN LOVE with her --really in love, not like she felt about Juan Pablo--is going to be crushed.  She doesn't seem that worried about it. I find that really really strange.

I think Josh will win. He's "her type" as she said from the beginning, he lives in Atlanta (!), and they already seem like a serious couple (unlike, imo, the way she interacts with Nick which seemed like "a good date but we're seeing other people, too.").  Josh isn't my type at all (I think he's boring), but he's very handsome, seems kind and enthusiastic. He's the kind of guy that men look up to (we saw it earlier in the show) and that kids adore. That was great to see him with the team--he'd be great coaching little league or disadvantaged kids and it might make up for the "washed out pro ball player whose brothers a pro" thing over time. I think Andi is right, that she can be "difficult" (read: bitchy and demanding and temperamental when things don't go her way). But if she chooses him, I hope she'll push him in the right direction--I think she's definitely capable of that and they could be a very successful marriage. (Her and Nick? I just don't see it lasting).

• Love 1

Nick cute?  EW gross!  He reminds me of Mr. Mackey and his balloon head( because drugs are bad mkay?).

OK, Chris can not be the next bachelor.  He should go off into tv land as the cool guy he is.  Being the next bachelor would just defile him.

• Love 2

I've heard it explained that the Fantasy Suite is really all about getting an uninterrupted time together away from the cameras so that they can have real conversations.  I don't really believe that, but that's how I've heard it explained by past contestants. 

I do think that it's a bit odd to be okay with Bachelors having sex in the Fantasy Suite and not Bachelorettes, but then I'm still kind of surprised that America seems okay with what's basically polyamory for 10 weeks :-)  

It goes either way. There have been many Bachelors and Bachelorettes in the past where it's been confirmed that nothing happened in the fantasy suite and some where it's been confirmed that sex definitely happened. With both Bob Guiney and Juan Pablo, two bachelors who were definitely on the sleazy side, it's been more or less confirmed they slept with if not all, definitely some of the women. I personally definitely think Andi slept with Josh and while she may not have slept with Nick, I definitely think way more than talking happened. Andi may have felt more for Josh and ultimately chose him but unless she's just THAT good of an actress, girl was pretty hot for Nick too imo. 

• Love 1

I do think that it's a bit odd to be okay with Bachelors having sex in the Fantasy Suite and not Bachelorettes

I wouldn't say I'm OK with the men doing it, either.  I guess I just have lower expectations for them.  That, and every Bachelorette seemed quite emotionally involved, taking it all a bit more seriously than a number of the Bachelors.

I will say that Andi has narrowed it down to two of the guys who genuinely seem to care for her.  In fact, I'm trying to decide how many rounds I'd go back and say the same thing.  Top 6, maybe?  So, good for her on that.  I don't know if she got lucky with her chosen group (did they get cast knowing it was her?) or if her style helped to weed out the selfish duds earlier in the season.

• Love 1
Are they trying to underline the fact that she has a certain type she always goes for, or was the point to highlight how different those dates were despite all the similarities?

I think that was the coincidental result of the fact that each guy gets "pigeonholed" into a "role" early on and then that is the one thing that totally and solely defines them the rest of the show.  So with Chris, once his farm credentials were established, it was farm, farm, farm, farm, and oh! did we mention he is from a farm? for every single date or every time he is discussed at length.  With Jake it was pilot, pilot, pilot, airplanes, or did we mention he flies airplanes and the season is called "on the wings of love?" With Juan Pablo it was (at least initially) all soccer soccer soccer soccer.  And with Josh, baseball baseball baseball (how "convenient" that they were in the Dominican Republic where baseball is a religion).

I have to give this to the producers, when they decide on an angle they stick. with. it.  It's almost impressive.

Thank you, Stephanie Green, for these lines from the story  linked above:

Not only did he write a fairy tale, but it appears as though he's also had the story bound and illustrated by a special child. This shouldn't be terrible at all!

I can't stop laughing.

• Love 1

Andi may have felt more for Josh and ultimately chose him but unless she's just THAT good of an actress, girl was pretty hot for Nick too imo.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Andi has the hots for Nick.  After all, he received the first impression rose and is in the F2.  The question is why?  He is not what most people would consider “classically handsome”, he doesn’t come across as especially witty or intelligent and he doesn’t appear to be wealthy.  I was shocked when he received the first impression rose, because I had him pegged for going home the first night.  Given what she had to work with, I am scratching my head.   There is no accounting for taste.  Fragile, emotional Marcus and kind, sensitive Chris would have been my F2.   I believe they are the only two guys in group that are honestly ready to settle down.

• Love 1

I think Josh will win. He's "her type" as she said from the beginning, he lives in Atlanta (!), and they already seem like a serious couple (unlike, imo, the way she interacts with Nick which seemed like "a good date but we're seeing other people, too.").  Josh isn't my type at all (I think he's boring), but he's very handsome, seems kind and enthusiastic. He's the kind of guy that men look up to (we saw it earlier in the show) and that kids adore. That was great to see him with the team--he'd be great coaching little league or disadvantaged kids....

Complete agreement.  They looked like they were on their honeymoon, not on a date.  And that baseball scene couldn't have worked out better for him.  Granted, fatherhood is about much more than having fun out on the field, but for that part of it Andi must've given him an A+++.

(edited)
The question is why?  He is not what most people would consider “classically handsome”, he doesn’t come across as especially witty or intelligent and he doesn’t appear to be wealthy.

Well if you take Andi at her word, she picked him because something about him just stood out to her and even that early, she just felt comfortable with him. And I will say despite how meek and clearly nervous he was coming out the limousine, and while I'm sure their conversation was very edited, she and Nick did seem to just be having a normal, nice conversation from the little we saw that night. He didn't seem like he was trying too hard, it didn't seem forced, etc. And also, more importantly, I think this is key - 

There is no accounting for taste.  Fragile, emotional Marcus and kind, sensitive Chris would have been my F2.   I believe they are the only two guys in group that are honestly ready to settle down.

Yeah you basically answered your own question. Because me personally, Marcus and Chris never did anything for me. Chris seemed like a very sweet guy but he was just too big and no-neck like for me and I found most of his conversations incredibly dull. Marcus made me slightly uncomfortable from the first night - on a purely aesthetic level, without question, incredibly handsome. But I just felt like everything he said were just words because his face was just always so expressionless. I could never get a real read on him. The only time I ever felt anything from him was when they were reacting to the news about Eric. And Josh - nope, sorry the gym body, shiny tan, blinding white teeth. Uh uh...couldn't do it. 

Aside from Nick, I actually thought Brian was kind of cute but other than that, none of those guys were particularly appealing to me. So yeah, at the end of the day it's all just personal taste and whatever appeals to you. And in fairness, from Andi's comments when giving Nick the first impression rose it was clear he was not someone that in a normal situation she may have looked twice at.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I had no problem with Chris's reaction to getting dumped by Andi.

Again, with my fiance' watching, he kept saying 'he [Chris]'s taking it like a man'.  Not everyone is syrupy in disappointment.

I suggest that, should Chris, accept the role of The Bachelor, that this site:  http://www.farmersonly.com/  should do everything it can to buy advertising during the season.  They would end up with tons of new members.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Nick got the cool binder, pens and colored pencils to make that fairy tale book, I wonder what Arts & Crafts supplies the other guys got?   Maybe Josh got all those cool rubber bands to weave into friendship bracelets and Chris got to make sheep out of cotton balls and felt!    Good times!

And honestly, I think Josh is actually the secret love-child of Mama Murray and "Shark Tanks" Mark Cuban....

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
I just finished reading a book that's partially set in the Dominican Republic during the fascist, genocidal Trujillo regime that lasted 30 years, so that's pretty much all I could think of whenever they talked about how wonderful it is "here in the Dominican Republic."

@violetr, is the book you're talking about The Feast Of The Goat by Mario Vargas Llosa? One of my favorite books of all time! I've read it very long ago though, so it's not the first thing on my mind when I think of the Dominical Republic. The thing that does come to mind is Bachata, the music/dance Andi did on a date with Juan Pablo in Miami. 

I've never understood why Andi gave Nick the first rose or why he's made it to F2 since he seems like the kind of guy (salesman, not an athlete or "hot shot doctor, lawyer, etc", not rich, not a guy who'd walk in a room and be "handsome!" like Josh is). And I don't think she'll choose him over Josh.

But...I have to compliment him and their relationship. Because Andi, who always seemed so guarded and kind of stuck up in the JP series (and had flashes of it here, imo, with her reaction to Eric's complaints), was surprising in that clip at the end. She and Nick were talking so naturally about embarrassing moments, including bed wetting and I'd never, ever, have thought Andi would tell a guy (on or off television) that she was a bedwetter "till middle school".

Nick's double take was also so genuine and their conversation, "Is that really so bad?" "Well, it's not good!" with laughter afterwards was one of the most natural, endearing moments I've ever seen on this show. She'll probably regret it, but I thought it showed she wasn't really as pretentious as I thought--and had more of a real "relationship" with Nick than I thought. Very cute !

Gaston! Yes! I can see that. I also figured out who he reminds me of as well -- in 13 Going on 30 Jennifer Garner's hockey playing boyfriend. It's not his looks at all -- it's his "aw shucks, gee I'm just so happy on account of I'm just so happy" dimness. 

• Love 1

I haven't really been paying much attention to this season at all. So I am not too clued in to what impression these guys have made. But I have to say, I like Nick. I don't know. I think he's cute in an unconventional way which is my favorite kind of cute. Josh=Gaston is probably the best thing I have read so far on this site. So spot on. I don't like Josh one bit. He just seems like such a douchebag. When he and Nick were walking in to the final rose ceremony, I saw the juxtaposition of the two perfectly. Nick looked great, even with his short pants, and Josh looked so cheesy. He walked like he had a stick up his rear end and he tripped over his plastic loafers. Just no. And while Chris was impressive in his departure I do not find him attractive at all. 

@violetr, is the book you're talking about The Feast Of The Goat by Mario Vargas Llosa? One of my favorite books of all time!

No it's "the Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz. I was reading about these countless murders and how horrible it was to live under that regime and how everyone who wasn't part of the dictator's circle was in constant fear and then the very next night Andi's like, "Here we are in the beautiful Dominican Republic!"

Nick's double take was also so genuine and their conversation, "Is that really so bad?" "Well, it's not good!" with laughter afterwards was one of the most natural, endearing moments I've ever seen on this show. She'll probably regret it, but I thought it showed she wasn't really as pretentious as I thought--and had more of a real "relationship" with Nick than I thought.

I said much the same thing upthread about what a natural moment that was. This is why I've liked Andi all along. Something about her always struck me as genuine (and the fact that she's close with Sharleen speaks well of her, because Sharleen rocks), and why I thought Eric's comments (RIP) were a bit of a head scratcher.

(edited)

I forgot to comment on the most ridiculous moment of this episode - Chris Harrison walking both Josh and Nick to the rose ceremony spot, leaving, only to come right back to dramatically announce that Chris was no longer there. It's like he left to make it seem like he was going to get Chris to dramatically walk back in alone. I actually laughed out loud when that happened, because it was just so stupid and these are the moments where despite all his millions that I am jealous of, I also feel so embarrassed for Chris Harrison.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9