Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Andi Then There Were Three

• Start Topic

Andi and the remaining three bachelors visit the Dominican Republic, where romantic outings include a beachside dinner, a tour of Santo Domingo and a horseback ride. Only two finalists remain after the rose ceremony.

I accidentally looked at the trashy tabloids in the checkout line today and saw that apparently there's some sort of shocking change in her decision because of a disaster fantasy suite date. Must admit it got my curiosity up!  Not enough to pay $2.99 for the magazine, but I'm curious to see the episode.

• Love 1

Not enough to pay $2.99 for the magazine, but I'm curious to see the episode.

Or you could just lurk around the next time you go shopping there, and get behind someone with a ridiculously large amount of groceries in their cart. Probably could finish the article off in no time!

• Love 3

I accidentally looked at the trashy tabloids in the checkout line today and saw that apparently there's some sort of shocking change in her decision because of a disaster fantasy suite date. Must admit it got my curiosity up!  Not enough to pay $2.99 for the magazine, but I'm curious to see the episode.

Wow.  that kind of plays into the idea the the "fantasy suite"  is where the B "tries out"  the 2 or 3 top contenders, and the best performer wins. 

Or you could just lurk around the next time you go shopping there, and get behind someone with a ridiculously large amount of groceries in their cart. Probably could finish the article off in no time!

I know!  I was so annoyed that she only bought some milk and cereal. It takes more time than that to catch up on the gossip magazines.

• Love 4

Wow.  that kind of plays into the idea the the "fantasy suite"  is where the B "tries out"  the 2 or 3 top contenders, and the best performer wins. 

Ed still won Jillian, despite some "difficulties."  That doesn't speak well of Kiptyn!

• Love 2

Picked it up and did some speed-reading.  According to the mag, Andi was pretty sure of her choice before the Fantasy Suite dates, then changed he rmind after sleeping with both of the final 2. ( Now, THAT sounds pretty unbelievable, because if she was SURE, why would she have to sleep with both? )

Anyway the article goes on to say that Andi told F1 she knew right away it was him and only him.  Then F1 finds out she slept with F2, and gets upset, possibly breaking up with her because of it. 

I'm thinking it's a lot of speculation, but also a lot of drama over next-to-nothing.   She was leaning one way, then went the other way.  Isn't that typical of the show?   If the 'B' is 100% sure, he/she is not allowed to choose BEFORE the Fantasy Suite,  even if head-over-heels "in true love". 

• Love 2

I'll feel doubly bad for whichever one isn't chosen now, with a national magazine basically saying it was because he wasn't good in bed.  Josh already feels like a failure and Nick laid it all out there with his family who would probably be just as hurt and embarrassed as he is, on his behalf. (And his sister!)

Both of these guys seem much better than JP, but I really don't think either would appreciate it if she told something to an interviewer--especially after chewing JP out for talking about other women (supposedly) in the privacy of the FS.  I don't see Andi being someone who would quietly take being F2 then reading stories she would have been F1 if the other girl wasn't better on the overnight. I always thought she went ballistic with JP because after they had sex he wasn't any more emotionally intimate than he'd been before--and because he didn't tell her she was "amazing". (Maybe he just told her "It was okay", lol.)

• Love 1

Tornado warnings in South Jersey have pre-empted The Bachelorette - I am hoping someone will let us all know whether or not Nick was able to articulate his love as well as what went on in the Fantasy Suite!

I only saw about 5 min of the beginning of the episode. She was in a lime green bikini & there was something white showing on the side of the cup- either a weirdly placed tag or she is stuffing the bra cups!

• Love 4

I don't believe for one second that Chris loved Andi. He took that rejection way too casually. He seems like a disingenuous liar to me.

Nick's book was great. He illustrated it! I was surprised Andi didn't fall to pieces seeing that, but I guess it wasn't "REAL MAN!" enough for her.

Contrary to what I thought in earlier episodes, Andi's interactions with Josh were much more affectionate and seemingly real than what I saw with Nick.

I'd have been a bit more convinced of Andi's "heartbreak" over sending Chris home if she hadn't been so concerned about her mascara running.   I'd guess that we'll be seeing more of him. 

Should be an interesting finale- I wonder if her dad is as thrilled by ex-athletes as she is. 

• Love 1

I have a feeling Chris will be just fine.  I find it interesting that the topic of religion never came up (that we are aware of), given that Andi is Jewish and both Nick and Josh are Gentiles. 

• Love 1

For years, whenever watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette, I'll yell out "AMAZING!" every time someone utters that word on the show.  There have been some episodes where I'm hoarse by the end!  It used to freak out my dog, as he'd be trying to sleep and I kept waking him up every 2 minutes or so. LOL

Tonight, I decided to count "amazings", and I think I've finally gotten this show figured out.  There were 27 "amazings" tonight; 12 during the Nick date, 4 during the Josh date (3 of which were uttered by Josh in his TH at the end of the date), and 6 during Chris' abbreviated date (most of which were of the "amazing, but....." variety).  5 "amazings" were during the rose ceremony.

Verdict: Andi and Nick are "amazing" and Josh will get kicked to the curb on the final episode.  Hey, this is all science, so it MUST be right!

• Love 6

I only saw about 5 min of the beginning of the episode. She was in a lime green bikini & there was something white showing on the side of the cup- either a weirdly placed tag or she is stuffing the bra cups!

I noticed that too!  What an unflattering close-up for her....

As for Chris, he comes across as the nicest guy ever.  He shouldn't worry, I'm sure when he goes back to Iowa the girls will be beating down his door.  As much as I like him, I hope he's not the next Bachelor; it might ruin him!!

I don't even care about the rest of the episode but please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw the extra scene between Nick and Andi when the credits were rolling where she copped to being a bed-wetter till middle school. Nick's reaction was just classic - the stuff of what great gifs are made of.

• Love 7

Yeah...I never did buy Chris' "love" for Andi.  He didn't seem anymore into Andi than she was into him. But hey, he got free travel out of it, so bonus!   

I think I lost count of the times Nick said "like".  It was like every like other like word!  Maybe 2,316 times, give or take a thousand!

He irritated the crap out of me. 

This is why it's hard for me to believe he's in his 30s.  He sounds like a teenager when he speaks.

• Love 2

Superpole2000

I don't believe for one second that Chris loved Andi. He took that rejection way too casually. He seems like a disingenuous liar to me.

Nick's book was great. He illustrated it! I was surprised Andi didn't fall to pieces seeing that, but I guess it wasn't "REAL MAN!" enough for her.

I agree with the first two sentences - but think liar is taking it too far. It's a show, he's compelled to sound as if he's crushed. (Only JuanPablo didn't and we all know how well that went).

On the other hand,sure Nick's fairytale book with Princess Andi is great - if you're about four years old. For a grown woman, that's a completely ridiculous gift. Added to his inane patter and fairly pudgy body (not to mention the receding hairline), Nick has managed to make Josh look....almost acceptable. Chris isn't my type, but I thought he looked pretty good in this episode, I definitely would have tried him out in the Fantasy Suite! I've completely accepted that Andi's taste in men is completely bizarre, given some of the great choices she had available. Anyway, pretty boring episode. Not sure that I'll bother with the final, especially gven that RS seemed to have knocked it out of the park this season, so I'm pretty sure I know which one "wins" her. Oh lucky guy...oh and I thought the way she dropped Chris was disgusting. Way to make it all about you, Andi. Stop with the tears already, and let Chris talk about how he feels and answer any questions he might have. Sheeesh.

• Love 2

As much as I love Nick, I think Andi has already chosen Josh in her mind. And is it just me, or did the producers tell Chris he's going to be the next Bachelor or something? Because he was way too calm during that breakup despite being "in love" with her.

Yea Chris wasn't terribly broken up. I felt like he was trying to cry but just couldn't muster it up. Lol still Chris for the Bachelor!

Nick was a tad more likable this episode. He must only act like a douchecanoe around other dudes he is threatened by.

Josh was like a giddy teenage girl around Andi on their one on one.

That, like, was like the lamest fantasy suite week that, like, I've ever seen.  I mean, it was like, really boring.  And, like, there was little, like, suspense about who Andi would, like, eliminate.  

But, like, I really have to say that Andi, like, talks real good. 

• Love 10
(edited)
Added to his inane patter and fairly pudgy body

YMMV but I saw nothing pudgy about Nick's body. Honestly I was stunned by Nick's body because it almost seemed to not align with what I've seen when he's clothed. I was wondering where that chest and those abs came from. But supposedly Nick was actually a track star in college (go figure with Josh being boxed in as the athlete - the editors and their labels) and his body looked like that of someone who's fit and stays in shape but may not be a gym rat/weight lifter. 

As for the book, I don't know I thought it was cute. Not everything has to be super serious in my opinion to prove how "adult" you are. And it's interesting the responses to the book and the comments about Nick saying like so much since according to Andi in her conversation with CH, her concerns with regards to Nick and Josh is that she worries it's only ever serious and intense with the former while with the latter she wonders if there's something deeper beyond the fun and giddiness. I thought that was an interesting view of the two. 

That being said, yeah this is so going to be Josh and after the editing really not playing up their relationship in my opinion, it was really ramped up tonight with their fantasy date. That date was way longer than Nick's and while hers with Chris was about the same time, half of it was spent with her dumping Chris so that doesn't count. In my opinion, Andi was hot for Josh from day one and while she did build something great with Nick, ultimately she went where her libido wanted to go and with what she had been used to and was most comfortable with. At the end of the day, Josh just made the most sense to Andi. And while he personally does zilch for me, more power to her. 

Nick was a tad more likable this episode. He must only act like a douchecanoe around other dudes he is threatened by.

IMO it's more that he was no longer around guys threatened by him who kept attacking him and jumping down his throat every chance they got.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
That bubble they live in is tough to break out of.

One of the main reasons why most of these relationships fail is because once they are out of the bachelor/ette bubble, they come to their "senses".   A lot of contestants admitted they got caught up in the whole fantasy.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I have a feeling Chris will be just fine.  I find it interesting that the topic of religion never came up (that we are aware of), given that Andi is Jewish and both Nick and Josh are Gentiles. 

I'd doubt if there are ever many in-depth mentions of religion or politics (except for Sean's schtick), because the show wouldn't want to alienate their viewers.  Hopefully the people involved are having those conversations off-camera. 

Edited by aenea

I thought Chris did look sad, not everyone sobs into the camera. He had to realize though that Andi is not going to live on a farm, and he is going to need to find someone more used to that kind of life. I thought Andi handled it well.

Nick is starting to grow on me a little although I still don't find him attractive. I didn't like Josh at first, but now I think he is handsome and sweet. I'm not sure how either guy will fit in with Andi though. Neither of them seem like a caveman type which Andi keeps saying she prefers. 

I have to say I am neutral on Andi; I don't like or dislike her. I don't think she is conventionally attractive and her personality does n't seem to have much depth, but she also seems like a kind person so I guess there's that. 

• Love 2

Boy, I sure am glad that Andi was able to see that Josh wasn't just a "typical ex-athlete".  Did you guys know Josh used to be an athlete?  I might have read that somewhere.  Not sure if they covered it on the show, though.

Christ on a Cracker!  Even my 10-year-old daughter (I know, I know, don't call child services on me) said "why does he keep talking about that if he was such a failure?"

I think Andi is so transparently predictable that if TPTB wanted a match to prove that "this journey really DOES work" (after the Juan Pablo fiasco) they knew exactly who to cast to for her.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch that weird voice edit when Andi was talking about Nick's book? It went something like "I could just seem him reading with kids. [A house full of kids]." The bracketed part was CLEARLY not said anywhere near the same time as the rest of the sentence. Why the heck did they find it necessary to add that in? Weird.

I don't even care about the rest of the episode but please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw the extra scene between Nick and Andi when the credits were rolling where she copped to being a bed-wetter till middle school. Nick's reaction was just classic - the stuff of what great gifs are made of.

Best part of the show, hands down. My daughter and I were totally cracking up. I wish Nick hadn't been so jerky around the guys and so cocksure of his chances. When he's not being arrogant, he can be quite adorkable. The fairy tale -- too cute. 

(edited)

I don't know that Chris is any more disingenuous than any other bachelor, Nick and Josh included.  It's kind of nice to see someone not feign devastation over a person they've known all of a month (or a bit more), and have probably spent a week in total with (and intermittently at that).  I found his reaction more authentic than Marcus, who was really trying his best to be emotionally crushed last week.

And it's interesting the responses to the book and the comments about Nick saying like so much since according to Andi in her conversation with CH, her concerns with regards to Nick and Josh is that she worries it's only ever serious and intense with the former while with the latter she wonders if there's something deeper beyond the fun and giddiness. I thought that was an interesting view of the two.

I can appreciate channeling your inner child, but I also see where Andi is coming from regarding the intensity from Nick.  Isn't he a software salesman? I'm trying to reconcile someone who speaks the way he does with having a sales job.  Maybe he can turn it on and off at will?  I mean, I'm not the grammar gestapo, a lot of what bothers some usually flies right by me, but the infinite "likes" are incredibly distracting.

Edited by ribboninthesky1

I don't know that Chris is any more disingenuous than any other bachelor, Nick and Josh included.  It's kind of nice to see someone not feign devastation over a person they've known all of a month (or a bit more), and have probably spent a week in total with (and intermittently at that).  I found his reaction more authentic than Marcus, who was really trying his best to be emotionally crushed last week.

I agree that his reaction was genuine, but that only means his announcement that he was in love with Andi was a lie. You don't get rejected by someone you love and react like he did. So I think he was faking the love just to get further in the game (and potentially another season of his own), which makes him a phony in my eyes. Of course, he isn't the only one on this show to play along with the script.

I wish Nick hadn't been so jerky around the guys and so cocksure of his chances. When he's not being arrogant, he can be quite adorkable. 

Nick is really making a strong showing here at the end…too bad he spent so much time making me hate him. 

Also, I can't resist commenting on Andi's clothing choices. The previously mentioned stuffed or tagged bikini. The tube dress that showed off none of her curves. The weird combo of the yellow lace shirt with the white lace underneath. Do they not have someone on staff (not even a stylist just anyone with eyes) who helps her not make awful clothing choices?

• Love 4

I thought the key word of this episode was "great" -- "The view is great, Nick is great, Josh is great, isn't this great?"  It was a bit ridiculous.

Nick's voice irritates me.  I understand he has a lisp and to some extent cannot help it, but it drives me a bit insane (for instance, when he was reading the date card he very clearly said "Chrith).  I have a bit of a lisp myself and can practice/work on making it not so noticeable. Factor in that I think Nick is unattractive physically and I'm just not a fan.

Andi wiping away her tears, LIKE, every nanosecond during her breaking up with Chris was super annoying.  That was not anywhere near natural!  I thought Chris was a bit stoic in his reaction to the break-up but he seemed hyper-aware of the cameras; so perhaps he was just holding it in until he could be alone.

I feel Josh will be the F1; Andi's mannerisms around him are more natural.  Not sure if it will last but who am I to judge.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree that his reaction was genuine, but that only means his announcement that he was in love with Andi was a lie. You don't get rejected by someone you love and react like he did. So I think he was faking the love just to get further in the game (and potentially another season of his own), which makes him a phony in my eyes. Of course, he isn't the only one on this show to play along with the script.

But Andi was faking her interest in him (and most of the other guys as well).  The entire premise is set up on lies and misdirection (if not outright deceit), so it's hard for me to declare Chris a phony when Andi's been pretending with him up until this episode, not to mention other Bachelors and Bachelorettes over the years.  I mean, the bulk of the relationships and marriages that have resulted from the show, that is publicly known at least, have occurred off-screen and unscripted.  No, Andi didn't declare her love, but she knew very well he wasn't a serious contender, yet she took him all the way to hometown dates. 

I guess when I read "Chris is a liar/phony," it makes no sense within the context of the show.  He may well have been interested in seeing where it went with Andi, but the only way to secure that position was to declare love, real or not.  The primary way to continue on the show is to tell the Bachelorette you're falling for them.  And if he played the game to secure a spot as the Bachelor, eh, it's no different than what any recycled contestant has done, including Andi. If he does become the Bachelor, and some woman pretends to love him to get to the end...well, dem's the breaks.  Different strokes, I guess. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 5

I had no problem with Chris's reaction to getting dumped by Andi. 

First, she was very clear where she stood and why she was breaking up with him (much credit to her for the way she handled it).  He started to try to save things, but when it was obvious that that was it, he did the sensible thing and got out of there as soon as possible.  He was polite about it, wished her well, and left.  Believe me, that's the BEST alternative to take.  You just want to get away as soon as you can before you think about what just happened too much (especially with all the cameras around, I imagine).

Sometimes, when that voice inside your head is screaming "SAVE YOURSELF!!! GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!!", its best to listen to it. 

• Love 6

Maybe she has those inserts that push your boobs in and up?

Ed still won Jillian, despite some "difficulties."  That doesn't speak well of Kiptyn!

Aah, Kiptyn.  Now that Five Guys Burgers is spreading all over the country...you know those little shards of french fries in the bottom of the bag?  Kiptyns.

Do they always misspell "forgo" on the fantasy suite card?  Definitely on Josh's; couldn't quite read it on Nick's.  Argh.

• Love 1

Aww, Chris. He'll be the next bachelor. She was nuts. He was the only one out of the remaining three who didn't seem creepy. Nick with his stuttery, 'like'-filled, flappy "I love you" ramble and Josh with his steely controlling undertones .... Oh, Andi. You idiot.

• Love 2

When Andi is with Nick, she is all rapid-fire interrogator....no matter how she claims they have "a connection, " she strikes me as business-like. When Andi is with Josh, she comes undone.

I personally feel skittish about Nick and I have some qualms about Josh, as well, but Josh and Andi are clearly light-years beyond anyone else in terms of winding up together, at least for awhile.

• Love 3

Also, I can't resist commenting on Andi's clothing choices. The previously mentioned stuffed or tagged bikini. The tube dress that showed off none of her curves. The weird combo of the yellow lace shirt with the white lace underneath. Do they not have someone on staff (not even a stylist just anyone with eyes) who helps her not make awful clothing choices?

YES!   Not to mention wearing very short white shorts for horseback riding!  Bad choice.

• Love 1

I had no problem with Chris's reaction to getting dumped by Andi.

First, she was very clear where she stood and why she was breaking up with him (much credit to her for the way she handled it).  He started to try to save things, but when it was obvious that that was it, he did the sensible thing and got out of there as soon as possible.  He was polite about it, wished her well, and left.  Believe me, that's the BEST alternative to take.  You just want to get away as soon as you can before you think about what just happened too much (especially with all the cameras around, I imagine).

Sometimes, when that voice inside your head is screaming "SAVE YOURSELF!!! GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!!", its best to listen to it.

I completely agree. Being stoic is the best way to act when you're dumped--have some dignity, especially on camera. I liked when he was sizing up the situation and asked "Do you want me to convince you or are you telling me how it already is?" (paraphrased, but an intelligent thing to say. He was willing to make a case if it would make a difference. When he realized it wouldn't he did the smart thing--kept his manners, his dignity, was gentlemanly if sad, and left.

As for Nick... yep, he's coming on strong at the end, very cute, even adorable. Also...Josh. Something happened on the hometown (because I think this way, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the FS a week early). I don't think it was just because his family approved, though maybe it was. Something had turned the switch on in his head and you could see his guard was completely down and he was "all in it", dreaming about the kids and marriage to her, loving every minute they were together. What a difference.

However, with the change in Josh I really, really felt their chemistry this week. It was like they were already married (newly married), really seemed like a couple.

One of these guys is going to be blindsided and devastated when he's dumped. I am not looking forward to that because I kind of have grown to like both of them and kind of admire how they're both so committed and open about their feelings. Too bad one of them is going to be (has already been) heartbroken.

• Love 4
(edited)

I noticed this too! I rewound several times trying to figure out what the heck that was. I don't think it was a tag - too big and too crumpled. Then later she had what I assume was the lacy part of her bra showing in that yellowish sheer top she wore. I'm a female and not into women, but I found myself way too focused on her boobs this episode. Too much going on in that area lol.

On another note, I loved Chris, thought he was really great. Obviously not Andi's type, though. I believe her when she said it wasn't "just" Iowa and I felt bad for them both, but I was sad to see Chris go just because I liked him.  I thought they both handled it so well.  I also thought it was a little sad she chose the horseback riding date with him if she was THAT uncomfortable riding horses (if she chose it, I know it could've been producer driven).  Would they have been better off with a helicopter trip to a private island?  It seemed like she had fun with the helicopter date with Nick and the baseball date with Josh, but very little chance of having fun on the horseback riding date because of nerves.

To me the date with Nick seemed so uncomfortable once they got to the island, to the point that it was hard to watch at times, but the fairytale won me over. I know not everyone likes it but I thought it was sweet.

Edited by NikSac

When Andi was repeatedly telling Chris that she didn't really want to blame Iowa, I kept expecting him to burst into "You Ought to Give Iowa a Try," from "The Music Man."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7ZcVFSWWU The people in the movie kind of explain Chris's manner, too. I'm glad he didn't sob into the camera. None of the men I know would cry in public if you tortured them with hot pokers.

Fantasy Suite Episode is where the show always explodes my head. I don't think of myself as a prude but having sex with one guy the night before you get engaged to another guy, while your parents and a million other people are sort of watching, is just too much of a stretch for me.

I'm not looking forward to the heartbreak ahead. Nick and Josh are both totally in love and completely confident they've won.

At least, when it happens, I hope someone has a handkerchief and we don't have to watch Andi turn her lower eyelids inside out with gouging.

• Love 3