Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Finger Patrol

• Start Topic

Dorothy finds a friend in Baby Doll, while Vic looks to win Roni back. With Rita’s help, Larry finally tries to break the ice with his family.

Airing Thursday, July 9, 2020

(edited)

"Steele and Stone" would have made this worth the price of admission all by itself. I immediately had to stop the episode and rewatch that. But the rest of the ep was really good too. They even found a way to make Dorothy scenes watchable. All it took was for Jane to turn into Sara Silverman for half the episode.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh man. On the one hand I’m glad Dorothy finally broke bad, but on the other I’m not okay with the Candlemaker killing (?) several alters, and especially not Baby Doll. (I’m choosing to believe Hammerhead was just unconscious.) 

• Love 4

Wow, did they really kill off a bunch of alters. I really hope hammerhead is just knocked out. 

They should've listened more when the Chief said Dorothy is dangerous, she can even kill in the underground. I'm glad they picked up the pace with her. It was obvious she was this seasons villain. Now we'll see if Niles will chose his daughter over them. 

Steel and Stone was great, but Vic's side story isn't that interesting. I never understood tv shows always wanting to split the characters, the show works best when the characters are together. Like Steel and Stone.

Also Larry's son, you killed your son not Larry. He didn't invite guys with guns to the house, you did. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Steel and Stone was great, but Vic's side story isn't that interesting. I never understood tv shows always wanting to split the characters, the show works best when the characters are together. Like Steel and Stone.

Also Larry's son, you killed your son not Larry. He didn't invite guys with guns to the house, you did. 

The only two interesting parts in the episode. Loved Steel and Stone until Cliff dismembered the dude's finger and took it - kind of gross. Hopefully he won't be collecting body parts.

I felt so bad for Larry. His son was a real dick but sketchy from the first moment Larry went back to the farm/house.  Then he blames Larry for his son being shot?!?! Uh, you called the military dude.  It could have been worse. If it wasn't for Rita it would have been both his son and grandson.

The Dorothy story is getting to be a touch boring. That at Vic's love life.

• Love 1

I'm not sure that anyone but Baby Doll is dead; Candlemaker tossed the others around, but Dorothy blamed BD for the death of her friend (which, we found out, was her protector from the time her mother died until Niles found her) and I'm guessing she wished her dead.

But damn, Hammerhead was right about kids fighting and the chances of escalation. Really, though, BD was the one who took it to the next level when she locked Dorothy in the furnace and turned it on. Then it just all went nuclear.

Also, Candlemaker looked really good 

• Love 6

Something confused me on yesterday's episode.

That protector who previously protected Dorothy's mother went with Dorothy when she died (!?!?)

So question is regarding the timeline:

When did Niles leave Dorothy's mother?  When did she die? And how long was Dorothy orphaned before Niles found her in the travelling circus?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

So question is regarding the timeline:

When did Niles leave Dorothy's mother?  When did she die? And how long was Dorothy orphaned before Niles found her in the travelling circus?

Niles met Dorothy's mother in 1914, so I'm thinking he left her around 1915/16 when he went back to civilization to protect her from the Bureau of Normalcy. He found Dorothy at the circus in the 1930's at that time she would've actually been a child.  We don't know how the mother died or when though. 

• Love 2

Well that certainly escalated quickly! I am glad that the Dorothy plot is finally moving, especially after what started out as a pretty low key episode, at least by this shows standards, with Dorothy as the possible new villain of the season, with Niles stuck between wanting to protect his daughter while also knowing the threat that she poses. He did so many terrible things for his daughter, even if he feels remorseful, so what now? 

Alright screw you Larry's son, your son getting shot is not at all on Larry, thats on you for calling in a super sketchy heavily armed military unit to the house where your family was staying in what would inevitably be a volatile situation. The only reason his grandson didnt get shot to was because of Rita. It sucks that so much of his life went to hell after what happened to Larry, but as much as Larry has spent years drowning in guilt and regret and general misery, most of that isnt really Larry's fault. He didnt want to get possessed by the Negative Spirit and burned alive, he didnt ask to get locked up in some secret government black site, he didnt ask anyone to fake his death, that would have all happened whether or not he was gay or having an affair or whatever, and while maybe he could have seen his family earlier, its not like this would be a super easy story to explain to people, and he thought that they would move on and be alright without him. He certainly couldn't expect his wife and one of his sons losing it obsessing over his "death". 

Vics romance is kind of dull, but I am glad that he is getting out more at least. And more importantly, it led to the best part of the episode...Steele and Stone, the greatest cop show of the 70s that was too awesome for television! I watched that whole scene like three times, and it got better every single time! 

Dorothy being able to get into the Underground and attack the personalities inside of it is sure not something I saw coming, I really hope that Hammerhead was just knocked out, and that maybe some of the alters can come back, I am not happy about some of them possibly dying. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Dorothy being able to get into the Underground and attack the personalities inside of it is sure not something I saw coming, I really hope that Hammerhead was just knocked out, and that maybe some of the alters can come back, I am not happy about some of them possibly dying. 

As soon as she saw that map on the table, I figured that's where they were going.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Dorothy being able to get into the Underground and attack the personalities inside of it is sure not something I saw coming,

I am not entirely sure that Candlemaker is one of her creations. He's the only one we hear talk to her and he's always looking to do evil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Side note: Seems to me Niles is still being a manipulative SOB. His promises to Cliff to work on upgrading him might be sincere, but the caveat that it "might take decades" seems designed to push Cliff to help Niles with his continuing quest to prolong his life.

Similarly, Niles' pushing Jane to let Babydoll out to play with Dorothy seems very manipulative of both Jane (using her as a means to an end) and Dorothy (trying to appease her childlike instincts to keep her from growing up is just another type of prison).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

On another site, I was surprised to see a pretty strong “Baby Doll Shot First” / she had it coming crowd. With the point that she killed (?) Manny, and locked Dorothy in the furnace. These are perspectives I didn’t seriously consider, I guess because I love Jane et al so much, and Dorothy still feels like an intruder to the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Did those powers even belong to Baby Doll or was she borrowing them from the other personalities? If she borrowed them, can the other personalities tell her what she was using the powers for is wrong and we won't give them to you. If so, that would make them just as guilty. It is hard to justify roasting little furry children.

57 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Did those powers even belong to Baby Doll or was she borrowing them from the other personalities?

I'm guessing that the telekinesis was Baby Doll's own power. Then when Manny showed up to protect Dorothy, Flaming Katy took over to protect the Collective, and things just went to shit.

• Love 3