Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Drive Me Crazy Like A Roulette Wheel

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, Dobian said:

Michael's: Actually a nice little apartment, except for the three foot-long master bed, and the BIG DEAD RAT in the kitchen.

The bed was, according to Angela "As hard as an erection" or something similar.   I was laughing so hard after that I didn't hear anything else.  

I'm guessing the video rights release signed by the show participants also includes all rights to use any still photos, or video footage in any way the producers want to.    

When the Army had Young and Rubican as the advertising agency for many years, right in the last year, they filmed commercials at my base.   It was my moment of stardom, and I was in the background of the library scene, shelving a book (I was the only staff person that listened to the director, and didn't look at the camera the entire time).   

The waiver I signed was only one page, but tiny print, and they could use the photos, and footage any way they wanted to.    It was my big chance.   Then the Army fired the agency, and my footage is long gone.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The bed was, according to Angela "As hard as an erection" or something similar.   I was laughing so hard after that I didn't hear anything else.  

Honestly, she laughed so hard at her own joke that I couldn't help but laugh with her.  

Of course, then the rat incident happened and I just about rolled off the couch laughing at those shenanigans.  

This might have been the first episode which I actually enjoyed that story line.  My black little heart was even a bit saddened that Angela had no one to join her for her wedding day in Nigeria.  I must be hormonal.  Or the quarantine is getting to me.  Or I wasted all of my "get off my lawn" anger on that asswipe Asuelu.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yup, I saw it and wondered if he'd be compensated for it.  I'm not sure what type of agreement TLC has with Progressive, since Progressive uses TLC participants quite a bit.  Your brother may not have a legal leg to stand on since he sold his soul to that devil known as TLC.  😉

🤣

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

We don't know what he's been telling her. Maybe he told her that his parents live in a big house and they'd been invited to stay with them. Or that he had a good paying job lined up. I can see Paul saying, "I can't work in Brazil because of the language issue, but I've been offered a great paying job back in Kentucky. We'll just have to stay in a hotel/with my parents a week or so until we can move into our house..."

I mean, this IS Karine-a woman who's seen all sides of Paul's crazy and still lets him see her naked. I don't think we're talking the sharpest tool in the shed, especially if we take the post partum psychosis issues seriously. 

Okay, that's a fair point. Along with Pole's other less-than-charming traits, I would not be surprised to learn that he's a pathological liar. I'm sure he's fed Karine all kinds of bullshit about life in the U.S. Is she naive to believe what he tells her? Certainly, but then I think we knew that, too.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/12/2020 at 11:28 PM, Barbara Please said:

Paul is a dolt. He was buzzing on about "Get 5, save $5" This was the same broken economics that a hoarder uses. My Uncle was a hoarder.  He'd buy a dozen pies because it  was 'cheaper' Then they'd sit in the freezer for a decade. 

So I have to confess something...

I had never lived with anyone until I moved into my (now) husband's house in my thirties, my previous adult life had been in downtown high-rises and I would buy as I needed as I mostly subsisted on takeout and frozen meals, anything else I needed was a short walk away.

Well, about 5 years ago after the hubby and me decided to shack up in his larger house just outside of downtown, I went grocery shopping, I had just started thinking of our needs as a household which I had never really done before and I saw bottled water was on sale, it was like 6 cases for like $15 or something, it was a good deal that I would have previously passed up because, where would I put it and it is just me but ahh-hah, finally I'm into the economies of scale!

Anyways, my husband comes home and sees all the cases of water and I very proudly announce "You would not believe the deal! I figured we could put it in the garage or something, we will use it in the next couple of months!"

"OK, that is a good deal, but why did you buy 6? That's a lot of bottled water."

"The sign said 6 for $15, it was such a good price!"

"But you know you don't actually have to buy six right, you can buy 1 at the same price even though it says 6."

"No, actually at 35 this is somehow completely new information to me. Goddamn it."

Edited by John M
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I cannot stand Kalani's parents. Maybe I'm some kind of strange weirdo but parents do not act like thugs towards their grown children's spouses. You also don't fight their marital spats for them by taking the side of your daughter no matter the circumstances and threatening violence. You also don't create a daily environment of intimidation for your son in law that scares him into not disagreeing with anything his wife says, lest tough guy daddy physically harms him. It's just trash behavior. Kalani's mother in the car should have kept her mouth shut and limited her comments to, "You two need to work this out in private, so knock it off or get out of the car." 

100% this.  Had I been the mom I would have asked:  "Please don't argue in front of me.  It is really uncomfortable.

I can not imagine my mom in law berating me, threatening me, etc....nor would ny hubby ever allow it.

• Love 3
(edited)

In your defense, some stores only give you the discount price if you buy the quantity for the deal.  If you would have bought 5, the price might have been a lot more.       Sometimes my favorite grocery store has buy 2 get 1 free deals, and if you only buy one, or don't want the free one, (sometimes I just don't need three, or have room for all of the number to get the deal), then the price is the regular price.   

I had to laugh at Pole's version of saving money.   Pole's explanation of women's sanitary products was hysterical too.    The Pillow Talk people when he talked about that was hysterical.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, John M said:

I had never lived with anyone until I moved into my (now) husband's house in my thirties, my previous adult life had been in downtown high-rises and I would buy as I needed as I mostly subsisted on takeout and frozen meals, anything else I needed was a short walk away.

Well, about 5 years ago after the hubby and me decided to shack up in his larger house just outside of downtown, I went grocery shopping, I had just started thinking of our needs as a household which I had never really done before and I saw bottled water was on sale, it was like 6 cases for like $15 or something, it was a good deal that I would have previously passed up because, where would I put it and it is just me but ahh-hah, finally I'm into the economies of scale!

Anyways, my husband comes home and sees all the cases of water and I very proudly announce "You would not believe the deal! I figured we could put it in the garage or something, we will use it in the next couple of months!"

"OK, that is a good deal, but why did you buy 6? That's a lot of bottled water."

"But you know you don't actually have to buy six right, you can buy 1 at the same price even though it says 6."

"No, actually at 35 this is somehow completely new information to me. Goddamn it."

Some specials do require that you buy a certain quantity or you don’t get the discount.  So you were not totally off.  My supermarket will often have three 12-packs of soda for ten bucks but if you buy two you pay full price.

27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sometimes my favorite grocery store has buy 2 get 1 free deals, and if you only buy one, or don't want the free one, (sometimes I just don't need three, or have room for all of the number to get the deal), then the price is the regular price.

You could give it to someone else leaving the store.  I see people do that with game pieces all the time.

• Love 1

I hate Father Kalani and his violence and threats. He is a bully and no doubt terrorizes his family he is 99% of Kalani's problem and Asuelo's. Asuelo is Mother Debbie DONE with her family under foot every damn second.

First I hated him then he ate fake maple syrup on his pancakes now I am Mother Debbie done with him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

100% this.  Had I been the mom I would have asked:  "Please don't argue in front of me.  It is really uncomfortable.

I can not imagine my mom in law berating me, threatening me, etc....nor would ny hubby ever allow it.

They treat Aseulu like he's a neighborhood boy spending the night with them while his parents are out of town. Or their foreign exchange student who keeps getting notes sent home from the principal.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The good maple syrup is expensive. You can buy some in Canada at Winners/TJ Maxx for under $10 and places like Superstore have a bottle for around $10-12.

Where I'm from we don't do maple syrup but we eat the hell outta homemade sorghum.

If Pole had just gone to the Dollar Tree to start with then Wipegate wouldn't have happened.

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Tania: I was fine with Syngin's drinking before, but I assumed he would change once we got married!

Oh, honey. That never works out.

As many people in Al-Anon can tell you!!!   😂😂

I don’t get it.  You can find a drunk next-door to try to rehabilitate. I don’t know why you would go all the way to South Africa to find one.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Could be this lockdown torture, but every time he shows up on screen, I see a big baby with a pacifier wearing diapers.

(Asuelu) Baby Huey!  He reminds me of Baby Huey.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Lexus owning friend/drinking buddy is the manager of the Cotton Patch event venue, but not DJ Dougie. She was driving his car to pick him up after he was detained for DUI, but got pulled over where it was determined she was also under the influence. 

You really can't make this shit up. It's crazy. Drunk people picking up drunk people. That's rich. 

• LOL 1

kalani did it all for the boom boom. he was probably a big prize in samoa  

most of us get that out of our system at 17 and don’t marry the guy. 

live and learn 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Okay, that's a fair point. Along with Pole's other less-than-charming traits, I would not be surprised to learn that he's a pathological liar. I'm sure he's fed Karine all kinds of bullshit about life in the U.S. Is she naive to believe what he tells her? Certainly, but then I think we knew that, too.

I'm SURE he convinced Karine that his mother would take them in with open arms. He persuaded Karine that Mary would never let her grandson be homeless and even though Mary said no, she'd change her mind when they showed up with little Pierre-y in tow. Paul expected his mother to buckle, but she stood her ground and only agreed to babysit to help out. 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Kalani's mother added fuel to the fire by saying, "Are you saying ALL women's work is easy?" instead of just butting out. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/15/2020 at 11:50 AM, 2dogmom said:

most of us get that out of our system at 17 and don’t marry the guy. 

live and learn 

I have known plenty of people who have gone on "Sex-cations" to bone and just live it up.  They also used three types of birth control and did not marry the guy (or girl.)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

Literally! I wouldn't be surprised if Asuelu was also a virgin and they were "deflowered" simultaneously (love that Victorian novel word) 

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, MrBuhBye said:

My dad will say “I have to go to Walgreens there is a 20% off coupon and it’s expiring soon.”  I ask “What do you need from there?”  “Nothing but I’m sure I will find something.”  

Those CVS receipts can also double as mummy costumes for Halloween.

23 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I have a feeling she is one of those bartenders who joins the patrons in shots.  She doesn’t want a sober job.

Maybe she works at a Coyote Ugly type bar and the boot interferes with the dancing.

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The moral of this entire show is to not bring your vacation sex buddy home or get pregnant by him. 

Words to live by.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Had I been the mom I would have asked:  "Please don't argue in front of me.  It is really uncomfortable."

Parents Kalani have plenty to answer for, but I'll be damned if anyone is calling my daughter/sister/mother a stupid bitch in front of me, and I wouldn't be down with any false equivalence where one spouse calling the other stupid or a bitch is part of "arguing." Asuelu, if you don't have the guts to say that full voiced for everyone (including your toddler to hear), then you clearly know you're in the wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Had I been the mom I would have asked:  "Please don't argue in front of me.  It is really uncomfortable."

Yep, when my daughter and her husband started fighting when we were on vacation, I was like "take it outside, I'm not on vacation to listen to the two of you fight". 

But if my son in law called my daughter a lying bitch in front of me or especially in front of my husband, I'd stop the car and toss him out. My husband would lose it and tossing him out of teh car would be the least of his problems

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9
On 7/12/2020 at 5:58 AM, Grifter Lives said:

2 Continuity Errors:

• Debbie wears white shirt with broad plaid in Las Vegas.  She's not wearing a shirt underneath.  They leave with one large suitcase each.  At the baggage claim in Brazil, they arrive with no carry-ons, and she's in a cat t-shirt, without the white shirt.  Loading the car, they've somehow acquire carry-on luggage and double their luggage.  Curbside, with Jess, she's wearing the white shirt and the t-shirt.  In the cab, she loses the white shirt again.  Also, her hair color has changed, but remains long faded, since their dinner with Vanessa.    
  • Angela unpacks her wedding dresses at the check-in counter in Georgia.  They're in a clear plastic drycleaning bag.  After she walks through the completely empty security line, she's toting them over her shoulder in a black garbage bag.  

Good catch! I found another one (and I'm terrible at spotting these) but when Larissa and her friend were leaving the appointment/hearing(?) their car window views switched from driving down a road and leaving the parking lot. 

On 7/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Tania: I was fine with Syngin's drinking before, but I assumed he would change once we got married!

Oh, honey. That never works out.

I really don't get her... she lived with him for 3-4 months right???? So it's not like he's changed for the worst.  He's just who he always was! And why is she essentially saying the only job she can do is a bartender? I feel like she could get some customer service job where she sits down all day. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:32 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

As for Panda Express, that orange chicken is like crack so I can see someone being on the lookout for suppliers.

I've never traveled out of the country but I have traveled via plane quite a bit in the US and even though we have plenty of panda express locations where i live, I am always stoked when I see one in an airport. 

On 7/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, mamadrama said:

They had a stroller when they were shopping in Kroger...Pierre was in it and Karine was pushing it at various times in the store. 

ok so were they in two different stores??? because i knew when they were in the produce and baby wipes those sale signs were not walmart but then when they were checking out it looked like a walmart??? or does kroger just resemble walmart? 

22 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Like everyone else, I still don't understand why they made a 5-hour drive to an AirBnB when the parents still seem to own their home there, and the sister still lives there.  It seems that Lo had returned to California before the car ride from hell, and the brother disappeared somewhere in Utah this season.  (After he set up the condoms-are-for-slut-people quote, his work was done.)  Asuelo's circle of Samoan volleyball friends in Utah seemed more engaged than the background family members at that birthday party, who may not have met Kennedy yet.  They could have had a better birthday party at Chuck E Cheese or just about anywhere else, including their parents' home or the park in Utah. 

I don't understand how or why their entire family keeps moving between California and Utah.  Why do they have a house in Utah? What jobs do they have that they can just pack up and leave (the sister and parents)??

19 hours ago, John M said:

My dad is 64 (as of tomorrow) and whenever he has to go grocery shopping he falls for it every time too. More so the  "buy 2 for $____" especially when it's something like ice cream......

And our local grocery store chain years ago when they started their fuel rewards system it would be like "buy 10 get 10 cents fuel rewards" and people had a fit and said they were forcing people to buy more than they needed. so now they will advertise "10 cents when you buy 10" but then in small print it says "or 1 cent per item purchased"  haha

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Did Paul and Karine do the spousal visa instead of the 90 days? 

I'm assuming there is no financial requirement for the spousal visa? 

from a description of the 6/21 episode: "Karine Is on a CR-1 Visa. So what is it? Since the couple was originally married in her home country of Brazil the two were entitled to apply for another type of visa. Karine explains to cameras that she holds a CR-1 visa which is different from the K-1 visa fans are used to hearing about. Simply put, a CR-1 visa is a United States immigrant visa that allows a spouse of a US citizen to enter the country under a conditional permanent resident. The couple must have been married for less than two years...Karine has already stated that if living in America does not work out, she and the baby will move back to Brazil, leaving Paul in American to work."

or, more likely, just leaving Paul in America! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7

Although I don't want to defend anyone in the Kalani/Asuelo mess, she did call him a liar first and then he responded with the "lying bitch" comment.  Of course it was uncalled for, but it seems that Kalani started it.  However, just like with getting pregnant, Kalani's parents will put all the blame on Asuelo for the "lying" argument and not their precious daughter.

I also do not like all of the implications that Lo will beat up Asuelo.  Uncalled for as well as an ongoing threat which I think also is an underlying cause/reason that Asuelo does not want to interact with anyone in that family and why he really was heartbroken not to be able to go to Samoa.

Kalani relies too much on her parents to resolve her decisions and issues.  They need to let her figure it out.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Although I don't want to defend anyone in the Kalani/Asuelo mess, she did call him a liar first and then he responded with the "lying bitch" comment.  Of course it was uncalled for, but it seems that Kalani started it.  However, just like with getting pregnant, Kalani's parents will put all the blame on Asuelo for the "lying" argument and not their precious daughter.

I also do not like all of the implications that Lo will beat up Asuelo.  Uncalled for as well as an ongoing threat which I think also is an underlying cause/reason that Asuelo does not want to interact with anyone in that family and why he really was heartbroken not to be able to go to Samoa.

Kalani relies too much on her parents to resolve her decisions and issues.  They need to let her figure it out.

I suspect Kalani has been enabled all her life.  She can go to Samoa, get pregnant and her parents will deal with it!

I noticed it was momma putting on the big breakfast for all of them.  Kalani was probably breast feeding and sister was tired from her ride there with daddy.

I also suspect that Kalani used two little ones on the breast as an excuse to do nothing.  Some women are like that some aren't!

So if Asuelu would either get a job witch I'm not sure he's qualified for anything or if he would wait on Kalani hand and foot the family would back off!

He can't and he won't so here we are!

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

If Asuelu was from the get go, one of those asshole type guys that these shows are full of, I would have a completely different view. But the inflection in his voice in the car sounded like a defeated man. Living with that family has probably emasculated him. Should he have said that to Kalani, I don't think so. But what has the family called him at home while his wife sat back and watched. If Kalani called him a curse word, would her mother admonish Kalani or root her on? Asuelu looks so beaten down and depressed and his behavior was vile but I felt more pity for him than anger because to me it seems he was just pushed so far that he started unloading bombs. He even unloaded them while keeping calm. That's why I think he's just defeated and miserable. 

• Love 10

Props to Paul’s mom for telling him he’s off the tit for good. He’s such a whiney loser. Poor Karine probably had visions of a nice place to live and help with child care. I doubt Paul told her beforehand that that they were going to be on their own.  I think Mother Paul is a wise kindhearted woman and will probably rescue Karine and the baby when her schmuck of a son can’t provide for them.  I hope she buys them a plane ticket home to her family. 

Father Khalani  needs to kick Asshuelo’s ass around the yard a few times for being so fucking disrespectful To his wife. Khalani is lucky her parents and TLC are footing the bill for her fucked up life. I have no sympathy for her at all. If she gets pregnant again she’s dumber than I thought. 

I’m sick of Elizabeth and her family and not looking forward to seeing them, once again, give Americans a bad name   I’m hanging in there just to see the looks on the faces of Family Andrrrrrrei when she struts into church in her tacky titty gown. Raise your hand if you think at least one of the coven will do or say something to thoroughly insult them. 

I loathe Tania with every fiber of my being. I almost don’t blame Singyn for drinking. He never expected to be stuck in CT at home with that shrew all day, every day. If I had to live with her I’d have to be drunk, high or asleep 24/7.  When she was away at. Witch Doctor School/scammed vacation she was furious with him when he questioned her about being drunk every day.  She’ll milk that broken foot for all it’s worth and beat him down all day, every day for not getting out there to start fulfilling her dreams.  Who or what ever gave her the idea that she’s such a prize package?   

Colt , Jess and Debbie...vomit. What grown man brings mommy along on vacation to meet the girlfriend’s family?  If it were any other person, I’d think it was production-driven drama.  I really hope TLC doesn’t subject us to Colt and his flabtastic body in a Speedo but I know there’s no limit to the lengths they’ll go to “entertain” us. 

I can’t even comment on HugeAnge and Mahkul. I refuse to believe that the best ticket to the US he could find was Angela. No man could possibly be that desperate. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Those CVS receipts can also double as mummy costumes for Halloween.

Maybe she works at a Coyote Ugly type bar and the boot interferes with the dancing.

Funniest thing I’ve read in a while

Do you think Colonic’s sister really thinks that babies suck the life out of you?  Does that mean we shouldn’t expect to see her reproduce as she loathes the little parasites?

20 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I really hope TLC doesn’t subject us to Colt and his flabtastic body in a Speedo

Too late it’s already been inflicted on us in previews.

• LOL 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The good maple syrup is expensive. You can buy some in Canada at Winners/TJ Maxx for under $10 and places like Superstore have a bottle for around $10-12.

Aldi's sells real MS for $4 and it won some tasting poll I saw...

About Debbie and Walmart, many older ladies (I don't know about men) on fixed incomes luuuvv to go to the Wally World and the Dollar Tree. They can't afford more; even thrift shops are not super-cheap unless they need to do a clearance to make space. It would make my late Mom's day (who was New York City-bred and loved to shop) to browse and to drop say $5 at the Wally or the Tree and have a bag of stuff.    

Edited by Tuneful
On 7/14/2020 at 6:06 AM, Kellyee said:

How the hell is Angela driving around in a Lexus??

I just had to go back and look because I didn't notice anything exceptional at first...

That's an RX 300 from the late 90s, early 2000s, worth $2,000-$4,000 AT BEST, AT BEST, in very good condition. They are actually kind of rare-ish in the US now because they are a very favored "luxury" car in developing economies because they are basically Toyota Camrys that ride higher, thus parts for them are very readily available and cheap worldwide. They were really favored at the time by late-middle aged to older women, still are, so they tend to be relatively well maintained, comparatively speaking.

It's actually a very reasonable choice by her if it is in good working order for an older "luxury" car, since, again, it's basically just a Toyota Camry.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

When Angela and Mike get in the taxi from the airport, the "v" is in the front. When they emerge from the taxi at the apartment, the shirt is turned around. I really don't want to think about why Angela took her shirt off in the taxi.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tuneful said:

About Debbie and Walmart, many older ladies (I don't know about men) on fixed incomes luuuvv to go to the Wally World and the Dollar Tree. They can't afford more; even thrift shops are not super-cheap unless they need to do a clearance to make space. It would make my late Mom's day (who was New York City-bred and loved to shop) to browse and to drop say $5 at the Wally or the Tree and have a bag of stuff.    

I've never known that to be limited to older people or those on fixed incomes... Walmart being inexpensive is subjective. We couldn't afford it when I was a kid.

9 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Our income is very good now and I shop at both places. I'm neither old nor on a fixed income and I can say the same about most of my friends. I see no reason to pay more for certain things when I can get them for $1 elsewhere. A lot of parents do their back to school shopping at both places. In rural communities, especially, sometimes those are your only choices. To get to a shopping mall or department store here you have to drive for at least an hour-passing 4 Walmarts along the way. My county has one grocery store and 7 Dollar Generals. Hell, Dollar Tree crafting has become so popular that some of the Facebook groups have more than 20,000 members-and you'll find all ages, both genders, all income brackets, and all geographic locations. Walmart has eaten up Main Street and put most smaller stores in small towns out of business. People don't necessarily shop there because they can't afford anywhere else, they shop there for convience. Debbie, like the rest of us, probably goes because she can do her grocery shopping, buy her toilet paper, get a replacement belt for her vacuum cleaner, stock up on kitty litter, and pick up a new pair of shoes without having to get out of the car more than once.blockquote widgetblockquote widget

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Ok so were they in two different stores??? because i knew when they were in the produce and baby wipes those sale signs were not walmart but then when they were checking out it looked like a walmart??? or does kroger just resemble walmart? 

They were splicing scenes together. Appeared to be the same day but they were at both Kroger and Walmart. I know that Kroger. Buy 5 Save 5 is also a Kroger deal.

Screenshot_20200716-022723~2.png

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Do you think Colonic’s sister really thinks that babies suck the life out of you?  Does that mean we shouldn’t expect to see her reproduce as she loathes the little parasites?

Oliver has some 'splaining to do about his sister-father.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, nytonc said:

Colt , Jess and Debbie...vomit. What grown man brings mommy along on vacation to meet the girlfriend’s family?  If it were any other person, I’d think it was production-driven drama. 

I work with someone who decided his second wife would be Filipino, he visited her a couple of times and the last visit he took his mother to meet her, that sort of makes sense, after you have gotten to know someone and think it may be leading to marriage then sure, take mom along.  I am sure they did not have a full on make out session in the taxi with mom as an audience. 

In case you are wondering, yes he is a doughy white boy who thinks he is what all women dream about.  His wife is gorgeous, he definitely got his money's worth and she has her green card, win/win.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, lizajane said:

Last night this show was full of assholes!

Kalani and Asuelu I am not sure that Kalani picked Asuelu perse. She picked him to lose her virginity with, but if that hadn't resulted in her getting knocked up, I highly doubt that they would be together today. And they just compounded things by getting pregnant a second time. Now she has two toddlers and a baby. Yikes. I think it is time for some tough love from the enabling parents. I don't know if Asuelu has any skills outside the bedroom. His English is not the greatest, but he should be able to find some kind of employment doing manual labour.  I wonder what Lo does to be able to support these barnacles? And although I am sure it's not a picnic looking after two kids in diapers, Kalani seems unmotivated to do anything to earn money. They are both pretty useless and clearly had no plan on how to make this work before bringing him to the US.

Tania and Syngin And speaking of no plan, Tania keeps talking about her plans, but what exactly are they? She is all talk - literally - it was nearly impossible for Syngin to complete a sentence without her cutting him off. She just doesn't want to hear what he has to say, and he is completely over her, this marriage, and evidently the USA.  He does clearly seem to have a drinking issue judging by the way he looked to be chugging that wine (although that definitely could have been the editors fucking with us). They are both lazy ass dreamers, who, once again, made no advance planning for this to have any chance at success. 

Libby and Andrreiii. "You shut up" "No, you shut up". Nice. He is a chauvinistic jerk, but she pushes his buttons. There was no reason for her to stir up shit at the breakfast table. Just say thank you for going to all the trouble to make this lovely meal.  But Andrei is not exactly a reliable translator, so who the hell knows what he would say to his mom? He is most definitely the biggest asshole in this scenario and unless this is all performance art (which I suspect) this relationship is a fail. And on a completely bitchy note, that poor little Eleanor is a bit on the homely side. I can't figure out who she resembles.

Colt, Debbie and Jess. I do not like Jess one bit, although she and Colt do deserve one another. Yes, Debbie is an overbearing wolf, but I would have been absolutely turned off of Jess with her and Colt's behaviour in the van as well as her comments about wanting to have sex before they even got to the hotel. Then Debbie goes to lie down after an exhausting trip and Jess will.not.leave.her.alone. Colt had to pull her out of the damn room. That isn't how I would try to impress my boyfriend's mother. Three strikes, baby!

Larissa is nothing more than a cartoon character at this point. 

Pole and Karine. I must say I was amused by the supermarket trip and his extensive knowledge of feminine hygiene products as well as his supervision of the diaper change. They both would have been better off in the birth control aisle. And what was on those sticks that his mouth was wrestling with during the meal with Mary? I do feel bad for Karine being in a foreign place with no language skills, no home, a useless partner and a baby to care for. I actually think Paul's heart is in the right place but for some reason life skills do not come naturally to him and as hard as he tries, he just can't figure it out, but to his credit, he did manage to get himself to the Amazon, albeit with a camera crew. Again, this move required advance planning. 

Grangela and Mykull. Does he have a job in Nigeria, and if so what does he do? At least he has good command of the English language - I shudder to think if he had to learn it from her. I would have killed him if he tried to chase me around with a dead rat, but I actually do believe that these two love each other. We shall see.

If I remember correctly Michael did have a job but Angela made him quit it so that she can call him multiple times a day and basically control him from thousands of miles away.   She supports him

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Walmart seems to be akin to Disneyland for some people.  I don't understand it.  

My cousin Jackie and I took a weekend trip to Reno several years back.  I was excited about it and looking forward to the buffets, the slot machines, the free drinks, the whole experience.  We got to the hotel room (off the main thoroughfare and dirt cheap) she had booked and she said we needed to get right to bed so we could get an early start.  

I had visions of a huge all-you-can eat breakfast buffet, but it turned out Reno had THREE Walmarts and she wanted to make a day of going to all three of them (even though we had one about 10 miles from where we lived).  Buffets?  Forget about it.  She took us through the McDonald's drive through to get her usual two cheeseburger meal, then it was off to sit in the hotel room with her crocheting with the new yarn she purchased at one of the Walmarts.  Oof.  That was obviously the last trip I took with her (anywhere).  

As soon as Debbie mentioned Walmart and lit up like a Christmas tree, I yelled "OMG JACKIE!!!" at the screen.  I really thought my cousin was just off her proverbial rocker with that Walmart fuckery, but apparently not.  I hope Debbie drags Colt and Jess to every single Walmart in Brazil.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nytonc said:

Father Khalani  needs to kick Asshuelo’s ass around the yard a few times for being so fucking disrespectful To his wife. Khalani is lucky her parents and TLC are footing the bill for her fucked up life. I have no sympathy for her at all. If she gets pregnant again she’s dumber than I thought. 

He's a racist, fuck him.  This is what he gets for wanting his daughters "to marry white men."  

14 hours ago, nytonc said:

I loathe Tania with every fiber of my being. I almost don’t blame Singyn for drinking.

DISAGREE.  No one can make you drink but YOU.  If Syngin has a drinking problem, that's on HIM.  And though Tania's no prize Syngin is worse because he AGREED to marry Tania.   "In sickness and in health" are part of the marriage vows.  Syngin is showing that he's not ready for marriage, a serious relationship or pet ownership, because if shit goes bad, he's off to the bar.

• Love 2
(edited)

Asuelo is stuck for the time being. Too bad he wasn't mature enough to ward off Kalani. I feel bad for him, though. First of all, bullying and threatening someone is not the way to get them to comply. Wanting her father to beat him up is so immature and unnecessary. It grates my nerve to the point I fast forward through her parts. To think, she is more annoying than Tania to me. Asuelo should move to L.A. There is a huge community to support him, that is, if he is bound on staying (he can invite Syngyn).

I defy anyone except the meekest among us to live happily with a person like her. Right or wrong, no one wants to live under the siege like the one she is constantly mounting against him. And for those who think Asuelo seems somewhat slow remember his English is not the best... 

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

When Angela and Mike get in the taxi from the airport, the "v" is in the front. When they emerge from the taxi at the apartment, the shirt is turned around. I really don't want to think about why Angela took her shirt off in the taxi.

Reminds me of the older couple in the closet in the Downy Wrinkle Release commercial which is a sponsor of the 90 Day Franchise. 

• LOL 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

And for those who think Asuelo seems somewhat slow remember his English is not the best... 

I had to go back to review this exchange to make sure I accurately captured it...

Asuelo picks a green orange off a tree and proceeds to peel it

Kalani: What are you eating?

Asuelo: I don't know

Kalani: An unripe orange?

Asuelo: You want to taste it?

Child correctly declines

Kalani and Asuelo both try green orange and are visibly disgusted by the taste because, it's a green orange.

Kalani: Why did you tell me to eat that?

Asuelo: It's help for your throat. Hopefully this orange makes me feel much better because now I'm annoyed.

Asuelo continues to attempt multiple times to eat disgusting green orange while so visibly repulsed by the taste that he spits it out each time.

Oh, and before anyone starts, Oranges are readily available in Samoa and in fact grown locally, I checked.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4