Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Drive Me Crazy Like A Roulette Wheel

• Start Topic

Paul repeating “Bah fahve, save fahve, bah fahve, save fahve” reminded me of a scene from “Rainman.”  

2 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Someone made a comment about Kalani's son and how he doesn't seem to be acting like a kid his age should act. 

Does Oliver ever speak or just scream? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

How old is Debbie anyway?  I was under the impression that she was in her late 50’s, early 60’s But she acts as if she’s 80.

I think it was determined on the “90 Day Self-Quarantined” special that Debbie is 67 although Colt erroneously said she was 57. People were confused because he also said he was concerned about her getting Covid because she was "elderly" so I had looked it up and found she was 67. 

Update: I edited the ages, because I remembered that I was surprised to find that she was just a year younger than me at the time. According to a reliable source, now she is 68! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So much to unpack...Eric really missed the cameras because why would you ever want to get back with someone who filed a police report on you and insinuated to the world that you were gay ( not that that’s a bad thing). He missed their great conversations?  Larissa may be many things but,a great conversationalist with an incisive wit, she is not.   Michael played the long game and it’s close to coming to fruition - I suggest he keep a dead rat around to be able to handle any problems with Angela. Paul and Karine - she does look seriously depressed but I would be careful with those sarcastic asides, by history Paul is an angry and impulsive man - I don’t trust him when the cameras aren’t around. Also, why was he trying to shame her in the women’s hygiene section?  Syngin’s as good as outta here and who could blame him? She was barely there for the 90 days and never treated him with much care or affection once she got him here.  How old is Debbie anyway?  I was under the impression that she was in her late 50’s, early 60’s But she acts as if she’s 80. Jess was very rude making out like that with his mother there - no one does that, but Coltyou knew how it would effect your mother so why didn’t you cool it?   Andrei really has no shame. His friends don’t respect his new choices at all & he could do was gloat.

Paul with the maxi pads was infuriating me. He needs to quit treating Karine like she just crawled out from under the Amazon River. I've bought period supplies in many different countries and even if you can't read the language, it's not that difficult to find what you need. For starters, there are pictures. And a lot of the same brands are sold worldwide. Tampons and pads don't look or work any differently in Brazil than they do here. 

Ironically, a lot of our fruits and vegetables are brought in from abroad. Most of the things in Kroger are not exclusive to the US. She's almost certainly seen apples and grapes before.

While what they were living in in Brazil may not have been posh, I understand her frustration. I try my best to look on the bright side, but that first trailer even bothered me. It was awful. And the second was a camper. Her houses in Brazil may not have been much, but at least they were familiar. They had things like walls...

• Love 13
6 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Exactly.  He needs to march his lazy butt over to UPS and use momma's connections to get a job there. 

That would be the scariest thing to see on your Ring app, Pole's face delivering your package!

Speaking of Pole, he said his mother took his house keys away, all he owns that has a lock is a car so what on earth is with the janitor key business hanging off his pants?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Asuelu is such a manipulative, vindictive, jerk. He knew what he was doing by sending her three false locations because he was trying to be in control.  Then having his little tantrum and locking himself in the bedroom so that she had to beg him to come out. He was the recreational director for a resort, so him acting like he doesn't understand what he did wrong is not flying.  Kalani needed to do exactly what I would have done.  Which is not contact him to see where he was and let him have to fend for himself.  At this point Oliver is more a man than he is.

Debbie had no right going on that trip to Brazil.  Within 2 minutes she stared showing her xenophobic ways and was down right rude. Now Jess is seeing what Larissa was talking about. 

Angela seems like such a good caregiver to both her mom and her grandkids.  I don't 100 percent like her personality, but I wish her and Michael the best. 

I understand Karine's frustration with Paul. He sold her this dream of a better life and she's been disappointed from the moment she set foot in the states.  I also get the culture shock, it takes a few months to a year to transition into a new environment.  She's also from a culture where Paul's mother saying no to helping would be viewed as her punishing the baby. It's the same thing in my culture so I completely understand her confusion and frustration. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 7/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, Frozendiva said:

Visited Rio about 20 years ago. Wonder if Debbie gets paid. She certainly knows how she comes across on TV.

Does she? I mean, we all see a clingy, smothering, angry drunk, who's hanging on to her decidedly unprepossessing son for dear life, though lord knows why. I think she thinks she comes across as a spunky, outspoken, adorable old lady, who we all want to sit down and have a nice bowl of beef stew with while she gives us her homespun perspectives on life. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
(edited)

Asuelu needs to be  sent back to not even Samoa...maybe the seventh circle of hell.  Oliver & Kennedy are too  good for him.  Deavon & Karinie are his age and can--if nothing else--protect and care for their kids. He is trash.

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

How old is Debbie anyway?  I was under the impression that she was in her late 50’s, early 60’s But she acts as if she’s 80.

She said in this episode she is close to 70. 

Coltee's new girlfriend is a pain in the ass. She's pushy and wants that K-1 so badly she will even sex it up with Coltee and pop out a baby or two to get it.

Larissa is useless and boring. Who ever in TLC land thought we would want to continue to see her is wrong. Her 15 minutes should be up soon. 

Hard to believe Andreii used to be a hard working man. His friend is wrong, America did not make Andreii lazy. Andreii did that to himself. 

Not sure how picky Karinne should be about her living arrangements considering she lived in a dirty pig sty back in Brazil. She's not exactly a good housekeeper and now that she has a baby she needs to get off her ass and keep her home clean, where ever it ends up being. Also, do they not have a stroller for the baby? Does she have to "tote"him everywhere? Does Pole ever hold his child? 

Angela leaving her mother made me sick. The woman is on her death bed. Ange can't wait a few more months? Disgusting. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Does she? I mean, we all see a clingy, smothering, angry drunk, who's hanging on to her decidedly unprepossessing son for dear life, though lord knows why. I think she thinks she comes across as a spunky, outspoken, adorable old lady, who we all want to sit down and have a nice bowl of beef stew mug of Jack Daniels with while she gives us her homespun perspectives on life. 

FTFY

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Last nights episode wasn’t that enjoyable to me lol. This show is so real lol. Just Paul and Karine’s struggle. I don’t even understand why they are together. What do they have in common? It must just be a sex attraction type of thing as well as a green card obviously lol. I understand where people are concerned about their baby but Paul’s mom shouldn’t have to take care of Paul’s family. I don’t get why Karine decided to get pregnant,especially since it seems so difficult for her. I just feel bad for Paul’s mom,I’m glad I’m not in that situation anymore lol. My brother was like Paul lol oh boy.

• Love 2

I was very surprised Debbi was acting that way with Jess. Like a child lol. But she’s probably worried about another Larissa situation lol. I don’t blame her. Certain living situations can be brutal.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Paul needs dial 211 and get help for housing, and also walk into the local unemployment office . Many horse farms offer housing. 

No way a horse farm would hire him. It's extremely difficult getting hired onto horse farms here, much less one that offers housing. Those are prime jobs in this area, and I doubt they'd hire him with his record of arson. Family housing is usually only offered to management level jobs (ie, farrm manager). The rest usually get dorm room style housing. 

In the past he might have been able to get hired on as a tobacco worker but not anymore. Our economy here no longer really supports small-midsize farms, and we lack the big industrial ones. We haven't replaced tobacco yet. 

Besides isn't this the same guy who got fired from shoveling horse shit?

It's possible that he has applied for subsidized housing but right now Section 8 has a two-year wait list in Kentucky. Income-based housing might be a possibility, but right now we have more people than available housing. At minimum they'd have to wait at least a year to get into anything.

Not sure that he and Karine would even qualify because despite their "we have no money and no jobs" narrative they probably are bringing in the income cap. Between TLC's episode payments (which, granted, aren't much but are probably giving them at least $20,000 a year), their various GFMs, and their Cameos I don't think they're hurting as much as it appears. If they're bringing in even $25,000 a year that's more than what half the people in my county make. On the show they're playing the parts of "poor young couple who need assistance." Reality may be different.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

Colt is repulsive.  The only reason any girl would let him touch her would have to be for a green card, and what would possess him to book only one room?   I guess as long as he’s getting the sex he so desperately craves, he doesn’t care who hears.   Apparently we have to wait until next week to get the ultimate treat.......Colt in a Speedo.  

What’s with his eyebrows?  They are upside down.  He thinks he is gorgeous, haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

At first I just assumed that Michael was in this for the green card. However, now I think he legitimately likes Angela. Of course, it could just be Stockholm Syndrome by now...

I agree.  I think over the past couple of years they've been on this show, they've developed a bond and it's starting to show more this season.

I admit it made me giggle when he was teasing Angela with the dead rat and she shut herself into the other room.  It's those unscripted moments that really make these shows for me.  

He did pretty good on that apartment, too...well, all but the dead rat thing 🥺

• Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe TLC had Karine take Pierre to that hoarders/former meth lab trailer. That place looked like it was crawling with    germs. I hate to break the fourth wall, but are we supposed to ignore the fact that Paul has collected a tidy sum from this show over the years? My older son currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. The rent on his 2 bed/2 bath townhouse is $618. Seems to me that the equivalent in Louisville would be cheaper.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

For a half-decent apartment here, it's around $1000 per month for a 1 bedroom. Might be a few cheaper places.  A nicer 1 bedroom is in the $1200 range. 2 bedrooms in the $1300+ range.

8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Based on the amount of Fortune 500 companies in Columbus, Ohio, seems to me that it should be more expensive to live there than in Louisville, Kentucky.

Columbus is about the same or slightly more expensive than Louisville as listed here - at least if you are trying to be near the city center or in top neighborhoods/nearby suburbs. While there are some deals to be found, you usually have to go pretty far into the suburbs to get that lower cost of $618.
But, I was also shocked at the cost of the camper/lot considering. How far out of the city was Paul looking? I would think if you got further out they would find some very reasonable options. Part producer/part Paul's cluelessness?!?

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Larissa is useless and boring. Who ever in TLC land thought we would want to continue to see her is wrong. Her 15 minutes should be up soon. 

I said something along these lines last night. There are two groups of cast members on this show: the ones who are still SORT of real (Pole / Kareenee, Kalani / Assholu, Syngin and Tania) and the ones who are on it for TV (Andrei / Libby, Angie / Michael, but FAR more extensively are Larissa, Jess and Colt). If you cut Angie and Michael (she's basically using the show as a way to subsidize trips to Nigeria) and Colt / Larissa (they're trying to score another reality show a la Faimly Chantal), you can reduce this program to an hour. Libby and Anrei will be fine, they had the show create the whole Moldova experience for drama if you ask me. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe TLC had Karine take Pierre to that hoarders/former meth lab trailer. That place looked like it was crawling with    germs. I hate to break the fourth wall, but are we supposed to ignore the fact that Paul has collected a tidy sum from this show over the years? My older son currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. The rent on his 2 bed/2 bath townhouse is $618. Seems to me that the equivalent in Louisville would be cheaper.

What I wouldn’t give to see Lo talk to Asuelu with his hands.

Where the heck does your son live! Most 2 bed/2 baths in Columbus are well over $1000. This city has the worst housing market in the state! With the University here and all the state workers it is NOT cheap!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Paul is a dolt. He was buzzing on about "Get 5, save $5" This was the same broken economics that a hoarder uses. My Uncle was a hoarder.  He'd buy a dozen pies because it  was 'cheaper' Then they'd sit in the freezer for a decade. 

Asseulo...What a selfish man. He's so rude and insensitive to Kalani. I can't imagine having two young children and a husband who doesn't give a shit. I don't believe in violence but I wanted to slap his sullen face. 

Andrei is a jerk. Even if he's laying on the macho sexist bullshit for the show, it is nothing to proud about. 

I don't want to even imagine Jess and Coltee slapping nasties while Debbie sleeps in the other room. Ugh.

Why is Eric back? I thought he was gay.  His 15 minutes continues and I fast-foward through it. 

Yeah, there's too much Larissa on this show.

Assuelo was shaking in his boots when he was chatting with the father-in-law. Usually I subscribe to the MYOB school of thought, but dude needed a major talking to.

Speaking of which: Andreii needs a huge punch in his rude mouth. He doesn't have a pot to piss in, and needs to STFU. It' like he stepped off of that plane and lost his damn mind. Even his friends think he's a jackass, non-working mother fucker.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Real4real said:

Just have to say, I felt some sympathy for Debbie—she was obviously wiped out.  Exhausted to the point you feel sick?  I would have been grumpy too.  And Jess . . .the red flags are stacking up.  Colte is showing you who he is—believe him.  (And Larissa is TELLING you!  Just saying!)

I honestly think she's into martyrdom and needs to realize her son has to have a life without her and 20 cats under the same roof.  Jess is sending up read flags, but we all know Coltee is a very, very big boy and has to make choices on his own.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Speaking of Pole, he said his mother took his house keys away, all he owns that has a lock is a car so what on earth is with the janitor key business hanging off his pants?

Maybe Tom is giving keys to his (parents') home to all 90DF participants?  😄 

• LOL 13
(edited)

The biggest lie told this episode - Paul saying that he and Karrine kept their place in Brazil tidy and organized. They do realize that the audience doesn't have the memory of goldfish and we remember that shambolic apt right?

On 7/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, magemaud said:

And she was so impressed with the exotic food offerings at the airport Panda Express. 

Reminds me of Michael Scott going to the pizza capital of the world NYC and going to Sbarros

michael_scott_pizza_NY.gif?auto=format,c

On 7/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, FurBabyMama said:

Doesn’t Paul get money from tlc? Or do we just pretend he doesn’t? I’m sort of glad that his mom has said enough is enough. And I sort of get the impression that if karine left him, she would help out her and pierre, but she is done enabling Paul. 

TLC does pay, but I know it doesn't pays as well as a sitcom gig or as well as a Bravo real housewife stint. It is probably nice supplemental income but I hardly doubt it could be used solely to support a family of 3 for a year, even in a low cost of living state like KY. 

It is hard to reconcile Paul's mom, Mary, with the woman we met the 1st season giving Paul a lock of her hair before his trip to Brazil. I can only surmise that with him out of the house and her hair (LOL!) for weeks and months at a time, she developed a set of balls. Whatever the reason, I love it! She gangster. Taking her house keys off the ring said it all. She knew she can't give Paul an inch or he will take a mile. It would start small like using the bathroom and escalating to her opening the door one day to find they had moved in like a family of possums. 

Depending on the brand and how many wipes were in the package, 5 for $5 is a good deal, especially for a product they are guaranteed to use. 

Asuelu continues to be the worst. Kalani should have never gone to pick his slow ass up in the first place but after the second fake pick up address  he gave her, she most assuredly should have told him to fuck all the way off.  Grown enough to leave and get on the bus, he grown enough to find his way but. But than after picking him up , he had the gall to threaten to go find an bus to take him back to a home he doesn't own or pay rent on, if I was Kalini, I would tell him to do so, if he could find one short enough. 

I do find Kalani's reaction or rather lack of one interesting.  After all that,  Asuelu is holed up in a room refusing to come out, even for his son's birthday and playing video games. She just strolls into the room and casually acts him to come out and when he says no, she just basically shrugs her shoulders. Why is she not angry or sad?  She is basically emotionally blank. I find that weird. Is she a martyr by nature or just acting like one for the cameras? The biggest victims here are the boys.

No compassion for Lizzy. She is made at Andrei for exactly what attracted her to him in the 1st place - his caveman antics. Calling him an alpha is ridiculous. Being an actual Alpha actually requires acts of dominance, you know like having a job and bringing home the bacon. 

I gotta say, seeing Colt and Jess make out and hearing the sound of their lips wetly smacking together was making me sick too, so I sympathize with Debbie in that regard. 

I think Colt and Jess are equally yoked. Meaning, I don't think Colt is out of his league dating her.

Colt is a cheap bitch. If you know sex is definitely on the agenda on vacay, you don't book one room to share with your mom. I don't care how big he thought the suite would be,  JUST NO! 

That said, I think damn near everything Colt and Debbie do is for drama and storyline. 

Larissa's body looks great, but the cut of that swimsuit was unflattering as hell.  I really don't need to see her or that Eric dude. Isn't that the same dude she said didn't want to have sex?  He doesn't strike me as being attracted to women. I said what I said. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

I would like the contact info for the legal dept at TLC. After the extreme close up of Pole eating gooey shrimp (?) followed by the extreme closeup of the Jess/Colte smack session my eyes are forever damaged beyond repair. I am holding the 90DF producers legally responsible.

And poor Debbie had to witness that from just a few feet away. Whatever the show is paying her, it’s not enough.

• LOL 11
(edited)

At least the rat (which was freaking huge) was dead, and MIchael removed it, chasing Angela with it was funny (to me, maybe not to everyone). 

I couldn't believe Kalani drove to three different phony addresses to pick Asuelu up, and I'm hoping she lied for the cameras about that.   I really hoped Lo would rip Asuelu a new one, but there's always another chance.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Andreii and Libby: More manufactured drama. Libby, Eastern European folks feed their guests very well. Yeah, Andreii was being a bit of a smartass with his parents. Load a translator App on your phone, or maybe you could have taken some introductory conversational Romanian courses. He is going to be the he-man to his parents and friends. You chose to marry Fred Flintstone. His friends think he's become lazy and became a house-husband instead of working hard at some job. Andreii's expectations of you to be the housewife, caregiver to the kids, and have a full time job, and pull out a fancy dinner spread each day are unrealistic.

If Andreis is being a jerk for the cameras then he needs to stop.  It is horrible and demeaning to his wife.  Honestly, Libby appears to understand a lot of Romanian - I think she has made an effort to learn at least the basics of the language.  More than Paul knows of Portuguese for sure!  However when among a group of native speakers it is impossible to keep up and if Andreis didn't ask his friends to speak English around Libby then he is - once again - a huge jerk!  He also should have translated for his mother and Libby while they were working together cooking breakfast.  Libby at least seems to be making an effort with Andreis' parents, which is more than he has with hers.  I'm glad his friends were appalled that he is staying at home and not working and how dare he brag about it to his friends.  It makes him look like a lot less of a man (not that there is anything wrong with a man taking care of his child by the way) in his culture and in how he presents himself to others.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

Colt is repulsive.  The only reason any girl would let him touch her would have to be for a green card, and what would possess him to book only one room?   I guess as long as he’s getting the sex he so desperately craves, he doesn’t care who hears.   Apparently we have to wait until next week to get the ultimate treat.......Colt in a Speedo.  

Anybody who wants to date Colt, or Larissa is a famewhore who wants to be a realty TV star."  End of story.  

Tania needs to understand that Syngin isn't going to magically stop drinking because he's married.  He'll stop drinking when he wants to.  Right now he doesn't want to.  

Paul is trying to sell America, but America is what you make of it.  Karine doesn't care about supermarkets, or how large they are or how much is in them.  (though I'm sure the prices for things is cheaper than in Brazil)  She's in a strange country where she doesn't know the language.  She just wants the simple things:  Family, home.

I can't believe that Libby was proud that her sister was a "loud American."  IMO being loud isn't something to be proud of.  A lot of the time loud equals wrong.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't believe Kalani drove to three different phony addresses to pick Asuelu up, and I'm hoping she lied for the cameras about that. 

I would have left him at what ever hotel he was in, how or why would it have been Kalani's responsibility to retrieve him?  Once he was back he refused to come out of his room, making everyone uncomfortable once he did emerge...no value added to the evening.  

What was the reason for driving probably 6 hours with the kids in the car for Oliver's birthday party?  There were no other kids there, they basically were doing the same thing they were doing at home, sitting around eating, giving Asuelo the stink eye and waiting for Daddy Kalani to bust him one in the mouth.  When Kalani said she was going to spend the birthday with her family I thought there were extended family in CA but there was not, they could have done that party at home.

Maybe as a birthday gift Oliver got some real clothes. 

Why doesn't Kalani enroll that kid in a pre school situation so he can socialize and have some time to run around freely because Kalani never seems to let his feet touch the ground.

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I would like the contact info for the legal dept at TLC. After the extreme close up of Pole eating gooey shrimp (?) followed by the extreme closeup of the Jess/Colte smack session my eyes are forever damaged beyond repair. I am holding the 90DF producers legally responsible.

And poor Debbie had to witness that from just a few feet away. Whatever the show is paying her, it’s not enough.

I don't think TLC could ever pay me enough to have to listen to Debbie's awful voice 24/7. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If, as some have suggested, Debbie has a drinking problem, that would explain both her irritable and testy behavior once they landed (withdrawal perhaps) and her slurred speech. She's always sounded a little garbled but this season it seems worse. Has anyone noticed that big knob on the side of her face? It looks like it's infectious.

Of course, I'd feel a little sick too if I discovered not only that my idiot son (who wastes no time talking about his future children with his latest leech, all the while sucking face loudly with her in the cab) put me in the same hotel room as he is, but that I would have to cover my head with the pillow to drown out the sex noises because they are both dying to get down together.  Blecccch.

I used to like Andrei and feel that he was a little disadvantaged by the attitude of his in-laws. I have changed my mind. Apparently turnabout is fair play and now that he's in Moldova, he can brag to his friends (in his native language) about the great setup he has... wifey works, he doesn't have to, he's the master of his domain forever and ever, and he can insult her endlessly.  (I don't think the friends were impressed).The cab conversation was pretty awful. I'm surprised she didn't give him more of a hard time.

Larissa wants to get back together with Erick-ee? Yeah, no. They both want TV time. No way is he interested in getting back together after she filed a police report on him... for comments made by someone else on social media? I see a pattern here. And he was obviously acting- and poorly at that.

I think I feel more sad for Pierre than any other child in this franchise. He most likely is doomed. I can only hope that Mother Paul does help with the babysitting/child rearing (yet stands her ground on the financial support aspect). Paul obviously has used the guilt/insult/defense tactic his entire life to get what he wants from her.  And then to throw out the "Pierre deserves to have the est opportunities in life" comment? Paul, how about not actively conceiving a child when you are flat broke? How about securing a job and savings before dragging Karine here to look at hovels? Makes me want to kick him right in the baby-maker.  And we could have all been spared the Feminine Products Mansplaining conversation. Are we supposed to appreciate that he knows about different kinds of maxi pads?  

I am on the fence about Asuelu.  If I were in his situation I'd be miserable too.  He has a family full of hateful in-laws, who are just waiting for him to make the next mistake so that they can all talk about him in front of him and criticize his every move.  They are all acting like parents to a rebellious child.  Kalani's "conversation" with him when he was hiding in the bedroom: "are you gonna answer me? Ok, I guess not..." reminded me of how I talked to my kids at the age of 2.  It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy: they allege that he is immature, irresponsible, childish... and he delivers.  Granted, he's no ball of fire and he doesn't get (or want to get) that being a parent requires being present and involved.  But he also is very young and presumably has had no role model for how to be an involved spouse or father.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Kid said:

I really wish Asshat’s father-in-law would just kick him into the next fucking county!!

I wish someone would kick Kalani's racist dad into the next century, or maybe that's the last century.  I still remember his, "I want my daughters to marry WHITE men" bullshit.  Screw him.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What was the reason for driving probably 6 hours with the kids in the car for Oliver's birthday party?  There were no other kids there, they basically were doing the same thing they were doing at home, sitting around eating, giving Asuelo the stink eye and waiting for Daddy Kalani to bust him one in the mouth.  When Kalani said she was going to spend the birthday with her family I thought there were extended family in CA but there was not, they could have done that party at home.

This was weird to me, too. Why drive for hours for a one-yr-old's birthday party? I know it's important to celebrate birthdays but long driving trips would tax even the best of relationships. I would have hold off doing this, or would have just gone without Aseulo.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Tania needs to understand that Syngin isn't going to magically stop drinking because he's married.  He'll stop drinking when he wants to.  Right now he doesn't want to.  

Jeesh! Another example of people thinking they can change their spouse once they are married or once they have a kid. It doesn't work that way and Tania is old enough to know that already. Stupid humans. 

• Love 6
On 7/7/2020 at 7:06 PM, mamadrama said:

I got nervous when I saw your name. I thought the new arrival from Colt's Brazilian of the Month Club had found us...

To be fair, if my livelihood and happiness depended upon Paul then I'd be ducking miserable. Probably even an alcoholic, if I could afford the alcohol. He shouldn't have brought her before having a place to live.

Paul had a place to live!  With momma.  As always. The problem is after 32 years momma Paul has decided to practice tough love!  Well kinda because she is footing the hotel bill!

These women that enable Paul, marry him and have a baby with him know who and what he is!

But with that said Paul's providing them with a reality tv show lifestyle none of them could have imagined!  Checks for everybody.

So....go Paul!  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kalani has three children and an adult one throwing tantrums is hard. Leading her on a wild goose chase to find him was immature and nasty.

And he is going to do it as long as she enables him.  The best thing that could ever happen to her is if he does takeoff and leave. He’s immature and he’s selfish. It was his son’s birthday. Any decent parent would put their child’s welfare first. So I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of his behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/9/2020 at 12:48 PM, magemaud said:

And she was so impressed with the exotic food offerings at the airport Panda Express. 

And Deb made it clear that nobody understands the relationship between her and her boy!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

People always think that the ex is jealous and wrong and that it is all made up because they still want the partner back or want to strike back at the partner for revenge. Sometimes that is the case, sometimes it is not. Who knows if Jess saw Larissa's season on the show. Some people don't watch the show and just take Colt and the sweet, somewhat jealous and interfering mother at face value. Should Larissa have warned Jess about what she was getting in to? Only if she was concerned for her safety and sanity. She thought Jess may be young and impressionable and not have had enough experience to notice all the red flags popping up. And that maybe Colt and Debbie's actions may also involve Jess being arrested.

I have a friend that used to say that she wished it were possible when she started dating someone that she could sit down and talk with their last girlfriend and or wife first!  And you were absolutely right. Say what you want about Larissa, she didn’t lie when she warned Jess about Colt and his mother!!!

• Love 11
13 hours ago, futurechemist said:

It was super sweet how much Andrei's dad was doting over his grandkid. But a bunch of these kids are in for some challenging childhoods.

I so agree! Maybe they couldn't understand what was being said, but I'm sure both parents were aware there was some &#@& being thrown back and forth, and Grandpa Andreiiiii just kept playing with Eleanor like no one else was in the room! 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Paul with the maxi pads was infuriating me. He needs to quit treating Karine like she just crawled out from under the Amazon River. I've bought period supplies in many different countries and even if you can't read the language, it's not that difficult to find what you need.

And Karine kept trying to tell him she didn't need any at the time! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kid said:

I have a friend that used to say that she wished it were possible when she started dating someone that she could sit down and talk with their last girlfriend and or wife first!  And you were absolutely right. Say what you want about Larissa, she didn’t lie when she warned Jess about Colt and his mother!!!

Jess also has the ability to watch the show and see Colt and Debbie. It is out in the public domain. Larissa did not have to say anything at all. Debbie has been playing her game for years. No one will take advantage of her son to get a Green Card.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

You might as well wait for the Speedo scene before you contact them, then your case will be ironclad. 

• LOL 24
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Honestly, Libby appears to understand a lot of Romanian - I think she has made an effort to learn at least the basics of the language.

I seem to recall when Andrei's Dad came to the US to see the baby, Libby knew quite a few conversational phrases to use with him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't believe Kalani drove to three different phony addresses to pick Asuelu up, and I'm hoping she lied for the cameras about that.   I really hoped Lo would rip Asuelu a new one, but there's always another chance.  

This thought occurred to me, since Asuelu "ran away" from a rental house, it's quite possible he didn't know the address to even get back there. If only Kalani had thought that through, she might well have been rid of him since he couldn't even take a taxi there and could, to this very day, be riding that bus around and around...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, Burning Rubber said:

Motherwife Debbie deserved to watch Clot and Voluptuous Jess eat each other's face as punishment for inviting herself into their private moments.

What that a typo or intentional?  Either way, it's hilarious!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, nb360 said:

I feel like I am probably in the minority here, but I feel really bad for Anseulo. When he arrived in America, he was immediately criticized by everyone. No one seemed to take in the fact that he had to adjust t a brand new culture. And I think Kalani sort poisoned her family against him with all of the things she revealed about their relationship.

He actually seems to be really depressed.

I agree completely. I never understand Kalani’s attitude towards him. She always seems annoyed by him to me lol. I don’t get what this couple has in common either. I think Kalani is very pretty....maybe she needs a more mature guy. Her dad seems extreme lol I wonder if that tough guy act was for the cameras. Her mom seems concerned and stressed about Kalani and her situation with Anseulo. Maybe they should just “co-parent”. 

• Love 3

Let me get the timeline straight. First Paul goes to Brazil to meet Karine whom he met online. He wants to bring her to the US, but doesn't make enough money to bring her here on a K1 Visa, so he goes back to KY alone, lives with his parents and gets fired from a job shoveling horse shit. Next time we see him is on The Other Way, and now he's moving to Brazil to work there. At some point they get married, Karine miscarries a first baby (which Paul suspects isn't his child) and she gets pregnant again with Pierre-ee and gives birth in Brazil. Meanwhile, Paul has been in Brazil for A YEAR AND A HALF and hasn't managed to find any kind of work, so now he decides to pack up his little family and move everyone to the US because Karine and Pierre must have "the best life possible." His mother repeatedly warns him she isn't going to help him out financially anymore and that they can't live with her, (and goes as far as taking away his house key) but he plows on with his plan. Karine never wanted to move here in the first place but Paul is relentlessly trying to get her to be excited about life in America. Look at all the different kinds of produce! An overwhelming array of feminine hygiene products! Look, they have their own car, he just needs to clean it up a bit, but it runs! Paul figures Mother will change her mind when they get here and uses Pierre as a pawn, but Mary sticks to her guns. 

Have I got that right? 

• Love 14