Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Drive Me Crazy Like A Roulette Wheel

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I was SHOCKED at Angela's mother poor condition--surprised at how clean her bed was kept. Was that for the cameras?  She appears to have untreated skin cancer (major!) on her chin ... and I worry that she's near death.  Does she have hospice? Is Angela's "professional" care enough?  Should she be in a hospital?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Love this!

Angela is a hospice nurse and despite her antics with Michael she appears to be caring of her family. I don't think the clean bed was for the camera. Also, her mother's cancer isn't untreated. She's had several treatments and surgeries since Angela first appeared on the show. She's receiving medical care...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

When i was in college, I spent a couple months backpacking in Europe. I actually loved going into local McDonald’s to see what they had that the us mcdonald didn’t have. Like gazpacho in Spain, crouque mcdonald in France. 

I was the youth hostel reviewer, but we had one writer on staff whose job was to do nothing but travel around the different countries and review the McDonald's and KFCs. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Watched tonight's 20 minute preview.

Syngin and Tania - things aren't working out for him in America. Tania's accident cut in to his plans. Doesn't want to live in Connecticut. Probably wants to move to LA to see if he can get an acting career going. He's still going on that he isn't Tania's soulmate. Big deal. Soulmates are not the movie soulmate - everyone is a soulmate of sort but the real ones bring change to your life. All he and Tania do is argue and drink. He sure gulped the glass of red wine down quickly.

Angela - too bad she couldn't postpone her trip to Nigeria for another month or two until her mother passed away. She seemed down to her last few weeks. Another one who really doesn't pack well.

Colte and Jess and Debbie - hello sequel to Three's Company. How and why is Debbie going? She can afford a ticket? Don't know if you need a visa or if she even has a passport. Colt and Jess were pretty rude macking out in front of Debbie, who is in the back seat.  Save that for later, kids, and I still have no idea what Colt has to offer a woman except a Green Card. Debbie's goal is to go to a Walmart. Good luck in finding one. If she is lucky, she will see the nice Brazil, where the tourists hang out and not the poor slums. She also needs to watch her purse and credit cards and such. She is a walking ATM. I can see bringing Debbie on a second trip to Brazil, but she is a third wheel. She also needs to rest, and that will cramp Coltee's style.

I like to visit some grocery and other type stores to find some interesting goodies that I can bring home.

• Love 6

I still don't understand the Tania job thing, she was going to be a soap witch doctor but is now devastated that her bartending career may be over? How do those intersect at all?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Watched tonight's 20 minute preview.

Syngin and Tania - things aren't working out for him in America. Tania's accident cut in to his plans. Doesn't want to live in Connecticut. Probably wants to move to LA to see if he can get an acting career going. He's still going on that he isn't Tania's soulmate. Big deal. Soulmates are not the movie soulmate - everyone is a soulmate of sort but the real ones bring change to your life. All he and Tania do is argue and drink. He sure gulped the glass of red wine down quickly.

Angela - too bad she couldn't postpone her trip to Nigeria for another month or two until her mother passed away. She seemed down to her last few weeks. Another one who really doesn't pack well.

Colte and Jess and Debbie - hello sequel to Three's Company. How and why is Debbie going? She can afford a ticket? Don't know if you need a visa or if she even has a passport. Colt and Jess were pretty rude macking out in front of Debbie, who is in the back seat.  Save that for later, kids, and I still have no idea what Colt has to offer a woman except a Green Card. Debbie's goal is to go to a Walmart. Good luck in finding one. If she is lucky, she will see the nice Brazil, where the tourists hang out and not the poor slums. She also needs to watch her purse and credit cards and such. She is a walking ATM. I can see bringing Debbie on a second trip to Brazil, but she is a third wheel. She also needs to rest, and that will cramp Coltee's style.

I like to visit some grocery and other type stores to find some interesting goodies that I can bring home.

I'm about 99% sure TLC is paying for travel. This season's theme is "take American family members abroad". It's happening in every story line. Sharp knew they'd have gold with Debbie in Brazil (no visa needed for tourism).

I agree that Angela should've waited. I do, however, think that the reason Angela is taking her friend and not her daughter is because of her mother's health. They needed a family member there, just in case, so they made up the whole "daughter won't go" thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm about 99% sure TLC is paying for travel. This season's theme is "take American family members abroad". It's happening in every story line. Sharp knew they'd have gold with Debbie in Brazil (no visa needed for tourism).

I agree that Angela should've waited. I do, however, think that the reason Angela is taking her friend and not her daughter is because of her mother's health. They needed a family member there, just in case, so they made up the whole "daughter won't go" thing.

Visited Rio about 20 years ago. Wonder if Debbie gets paid. She certainly knows how she comes across on TV.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

Motherwife Debbie deserved to watch Clot and Voluptuous Jess eat each other's face as punishment for inviting herself into their private moments.

I agree and on this episode you can really tell she's an overbearing, selfish mother who doesn't want her little boy to ever marry and have children. Jess may be another Larissa, but her being there is unnecessary.  She needs to get her own little place, get some friends and get a hobby other than micro-managing Colt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

I agree and on this episode you can really tell she's an overbearing, selfish mother who doesn't want her little boy to ever marry and have children

No wonder Debbie was suddenly feeling sick and needed to get to the hotel immediately after watching them make out and Jess announcing what her future grandchildren's names would be. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
On 7/7/2020 at 8:35 PM, Colte Gal said:

I love that you snagged it, it’s a good name

Thanks. I wasn’t going to at first since I mainly lurk but it was too good to pass up. Maybe the name change will motivate me to participate more. 

• Love 14

2 Continuity Errors:

• Debbie wears white shirt with broad plaid in Las Vegas.  She's not wearing a shirt underneath.  They leave with one large suitcase each.  At the baggage claim in Brazil, they arrive with no carry-ons, and she's in a cat t-shirt, without the white shirt.  Loading the car, they've somehow acquire carry-on luggage and double their luggage.  Curbside, with Jess, she's wearing the white shirt and the t-shirt.  In the cab, she loses the white shirt again.  Also, her hair color has changed, but remains long faded, since their dinner with Vanessa.    
  • Angela unpacks her wedding dresses at the check-in counter in Georgia.  They're in a clear plastic drycleaning bag.  After she walks through the completely empty security line, she's toting them over her shoulder in a black garbage bag.  
  • Useful 13

I feel like I am probably in the minority here, but I feel really bad for Anseulo. When he arrived in America, he was immediately criticized by everyone. No one seemed to take in the fact that he had to adjust t a brand new culture. And I think Kalani sort poisoned her family against him with all of the things she revealed about their relationship.

He actually seems to be really depressed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, nb360 said:

And I think Kalani sort poisoned her family against him with all of the things she revealed about their relationship.

He actually seems to be really depressed.

That's actually a really good point you made.  With Kalani telling her family so many details about Asuelu, they've already made a decision about him and never gave him much of a chance.  He hasn't seemed to have done much to change that opinion though, but maybe it's a losing battle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Tania does not live in Colchester. They prob live in New London CT, or Groton,  they took an uber/cab to Tony D’s which is in New London and the other stuff and places are all in Groton or Mystic. All the driving around before the wedding was in Groton, foot doc too. 

I laughed when Larissa said she was afraid when she saw the police.....As she was breaking the seat belt law ! Lol

Pole is Pole but his mother with her twitchy insults and spiral curls is strange. Pole is Pole and I get it but Karine is a human being with fatigue and feelings and an infant FFS a welcome to America bbq is culturally appropriate and kind. 

This ep absolutely should’ve been called BUY FIVE SAVE FIVE! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Colt is repulsive.  The only reason any girl would let him touch her would have to be for a green card, and what would possess him to book only one room?   I guess as long as he’s getting the sex he so desperately craves, he doesn’t care who hears.   Apparently we have to wait until next week to get the ultimate treat.......Colt in a Speedo.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

With such a small budget, they'd do well to get out of Louisville. Especially since he's going to have trouble finding work regardless and they'll probably earn their money online.

KY property can be very inexpensive outside the Louisville metropolitan area. Lots of people commute to Lexington or Louisville. 

This place, for instance, which may or may not be near me...No reason to get a hollowed out trailer or RV

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1072-Dry-Branch-Rd-Irvine-KY-40336/115296936_zpid/

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Famous understatements uttered on 90 Day Fiancé:

Colt (about his mother): "I'm starting to think Mom is not going to Brazil with an open mind."

Nope, and Jess should have NEVER pushed more about sleeping in Vegas.  Serious misstep.  No, Jess, you are pissing her off and it's not a smart idea.  Doggone, that girl is horny!  Just think how many guys she has been with if she is willing to bed Colteeee.  Let's hope they got tested before all this, but I am not holding out hope. 

13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

With such a small budget, they'd do well to get out of Louisville. Especially since he's going to have trouble finding work regardless and they'll probably earn their money online.

KY property can be very inexpensive outside the Louisville metropolitan area. Lots of people commute to Lexington or Louisville. 

This place, for instance, which may or may not be near me...No reason to get a hollowed out trailer or RV

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1072-Dry-Branch-Rd-Irvine-KY-40336/115296936_zpid/

Exactly.  He needs to march his lazy butt over to UPS and use momma's connections to get a job there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Does anyone else think that Tania is "gaslighting" Syngin? Perhaps not intentionally but... I mean, what did you think would happen when you stated that he's not your soulmate? And why would you marry someone who you  think is not your soulmate? And I think both of them tend to drink a lot. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 7/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, FurBabyMama said:

coltee and Jess?? Who starts talking about sex and making out with their mother?? And who are all these women lining up to be with him? He’s not physically attractive, he doesn’t have some glowing personality. I don’t see the appeal. 

It'$ a my$tery.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

I was SHOCKED at Angela's mother poor condition--surprised at how clean her bed was kept. Was that for the cameras?  She appears to have untreated skin cancer (major!) on her chin ... and I worry that she's near death.  Does she have hospice? Is Angela's "professional" care enough?  Should she be in a hospital?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I think in a previous episode Angela mentioned how they were waiting for something (her to be a little healthier?) before operating on her chin.  It was addressed in some way.  And Angela maybe a train wreck, but I don't doubt that she actually takes great care of her mother and those kids.

• Love 15
(edited)

Paul is a dolt. He was buzzing on about "Get 5, save $5" This was the same broken economics that a hoarder uses. My Uncle was a hoarder.  He'd buy a dozen pies because it  was 'cheaper' Then they'd sit in the freezer for a decade. 

Asseulo...What a selfish man. He's so rude and insensitive to Kalani. I can't imagine having two young children and a husband who doesn't give a shit. I don't believe in violence but I wanted to slap his sullen face. 

Andrei is a jerk. Even if he's laying on the macho sexist bullshit for the show, it is nothing to proud about. 

I don't want to even imagine Jess and Coltee slapping nasties while Debbie sleeps in the other room. Ugh.

Why is Eric back? I thought he was gay.  His 15 minutes continues and I fast-foward through it. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
On 7/11/2020 at 9:20 AM, Burning Rubber said:

Motherwife Debbie deserved to watch Clot and Voluptuous Jess eat each other's face as punishment for inviting herself into their private moments.

🤣 If “Clot” is a typo, it’s funny.  If you did that deliberately, I love you!  Lol...it’s perfect for him! 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 17

Asuelu and Kalani: part of the mess is his being homesick for Samoa, he doesn't have a lot of life skills, he is uprooted to the American culture, he became a dad at a very young age. He doesn't want to deal with it, so it's hide in a room and play video games. Maybe the family could find him a counsellor to talk to and work with and help him adjust to a new life and world. His running away was a warning sign. Getting his butt kicked by dad is probably necessary, but there needs to be a relationship based on equality. His behaviour at the birthday party, although appalling and rude, is to be expected. I do suspect that most of Kalani's family has run out of patience with him. Kalani has three children and an adult one throwing tantrums is hard. Leading her on a wild goose chase to find him was immature and nasty.

Syngin and Tania: The facts came out in Syngin's drunken rambling. He thinks he's made a mistake and only got married because the 90 days ran out. Tania did not help matters by going partying and attending 'witch doctor' school for a third of that time. Both spend a lot of time drinking and fighting. Tania, you are a piece of entitled hell on wheels. You did not turn out okay. You are loud, rude, deluded, expecting a prince, and doing nothing to help yourself. Just fun and party. He downed an awful lot of wine at the restaurant. Syngin doesn't like Connecticut, and just wants to head out in a camper van and explore the US for a year. He will hang the whole soulmate thing over Tania's head for the rest of the marriage, and like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of their married lives. Tania's Hollywood soulmate is a fiction - both want a life partner. Soulmate relationships are tough. Tania wants kids, he doesn't. He doesn't have a job, Tania isn't looking at any options regarding her foot and possible inability to get a bartending job or one where she needs to stand for hours at a time.

Paul and Karine: welcome to Kentucky! Karine, you should have stayed home. You didn't live in a beautiful home in Brazil, Paul couldn't get a job there, he has few prospects here at the moment, his mom won't enable him any more. Mother Paul should note that Karine's mental health isn't that great and maybe she should take her to a doctor or some sort of free clinic. Taking her to the grocery store is not what she wanted - maybe a nice home with a nice bed and bathroom and well-equipped kitchen and nursery so she can get some rest. Embarrassing her at the feminine hygiene aisle was thoughtless. You may have to look at homes that are subsidized housing or in a slightly more rural area. Also, look at any short term funding help. The two 'homes' shown were more than dumps and seriously, Karine's home in Brazil was better. Paul, go to some temp agencies in search for daily temp work, work at a grocery store, whatever.

Angela and Michael: Angela, you can't be that desperate to marry your Nigerian scammer. Your mother is in very poor health and probably should be in palliative care. You can go off to Nigeria after she passes and marry whoever you like. The show very much exploited the poor dying woman. Not cool. Michael at least has tried to find a nice place for you both. We also did not need to see the dead rat.

Andreii and Libby: More manufactured drama. Libby, Eastern European folks feed their guests very well. Yeah, Andreii was being a bit of a smartass with his parents. Load a translator App on your phone, or maybe you could have taken some introductory conversational Romanian courses. He is going to be the he-man to his parents and friends. You chose to marry Fred Flintstone. His friends think he's become lazy and became a house-husband instead of working hard at some job. Andreii's expectations of you to be the housewife, caregiver to the kids, and have a full time job, and pull out a fancy dinner spread each day are unrealistic.

Larissa and Eric-ee: Why go back to the ex? Yeah, you're lonely and jealous of Coltee in another relationship. Geez, you think maybe someone could get Debbie's claws off him for once. Your interaction with Debs was not a one-off. She's very protective of her much younger spouse, er, son and no woman will have him unless she likes him, and that the girlfriend understands that Debbie is part of the package and it'll be her, Coltee, Debbie, and bith pthew. Nothing will change with Coltee unless he can manage to get away from mom, or mom dies. You are lucky that you have not been sent back to Brazil.

Colt/Jess/Debbie: Welcome to Brazil! Coltee and Jess, save the PDA until after you get to the hotel. You do not need to behave like that in front of his mother. No idea why Debbie decided to tag along. I can see on a more serious trip if Coltee and Jess-ie got engaged or something. Debbie, you are an unwanted third wheel. Your son and his new girlfriend really don't want you around. You are an inconvenience. Colt knew how to book appropriate accommodation. Surely the website had an English translation. Of course, Colt was too cheap to book a separate room for his mother. She's older, she's tired, she's cranky, and she really doesn't want to hear your smacking noises or getting it on a few feet away. Jess should have stepped up, gone to the front desk and asked for a different room, or a separate one for Colt's mother - to give her some space, a place to do what she wants. And book some tours for her or what she wants. 

• Love 12

Just have to say, I felt some sympathy for Debbie—she was obviously wiped out.  Exhausted to the point you feel sick?  I would have been grumpy too.  And Jess . . .the red flags are stacking up.  Colte is showing you who he is—believe him.  (And Larissa is TELLING you!  Just saying!)

• Love 14
Just now, Real4real said:

Just have to say, I felt some sympathy for Debbie—she was obviously wiped out.  Exhausted to the point you feel sick?  I would have been grumpy too.  And Jess . . .the red flags are stacking up.  Colte is showing you who he is—believe him.  (And Larissa is TELLING you!  Just saying!)

People always think that the ex is jealous and wrong and that it is all made up because they still want the partner back or want to strike back at the partner for revenge. Sometimes that is the case, sometimes it is not. Who knows if Jess saw Larissa's season on the show. Some people don't watch the show and just take Colt and the sweet, somewhat jealous and interfering mother at face value. Should Larissa have warned Jess about what she was getting in to? Only if she was concerned for her safety and sanity. She thought Jess may be young and impressionable and not have had enough experience to notice all the red flags popping up. And that maybe Colt and Debbie's actions may also involve Jess being arrested.

Debbie should have hopped in to the shower first, cleaned up, and then went to bed for a few hours.

• Love 8

Mykull has devoted much time and his life to pursue his American Dream. He is close to the finish line or so he thinks.

Too bad he couldn't tell his family that he doesn't want to have kids and accepts Angela for what she is, as she brings him cake in the face, yelling and screaming, and joy.

• Love 4

I can’t believe TLC had Karine take Pierre to that hoarders/former meth lab trailer. That place looked like it was crawling with    germs. I hate to break the fourth wall, but are we supposed to ignore the fact that Paul has collected a tidy sum from this show over the years? My older son currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. The rent on his 2 bed/2 bath townhouse is $618. Seems to me that the equivalent in Louisville would be cheaper.

What I wouldn’t give to see Lo talk to Asuelu with his hands.

• Love 18

I seriously could have done without the scenes of Paul eating.  Ugh.  That is one not-having it momma when she said that she wouldn't have come if she had known Karini and Pierree weren't coming. 

• Love 11
Just now, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe TLC had Karine take Pierre to that hoarders/former meth lab trailer. That place looked like it was crawling with    germs. I hate to break the fourth wall, but are we supposed to ignore the fact that Paul has collected a tidy sum from this show over the years? My older son currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. The rent on his 2 bed/2 bath townhouse is $618. Seems to me that the equivalent in Louisville would be cheaper.

Oh yes, please Lord, Yes!!  He needs a good ass-whooping.

That's a great question--what the hell did Paul do with his TLC money in Brazil?  When do they get paid? 

Someone made a comment about Kalani's son and how he doesn't seem to be acting like a kid his age should act.  I have to agree.  They carry him everywhere!

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Colt/Jess/Debbie: Welcome to Brazil! Coltee and Jess, save the PDA until after you get to the hotel. You do not need to behave like that in front of his mother. No idea why Debbie decided to tag along.

Because this is the season where TLC is paying the cast and their family to return to the motherland: Deavan's mom to SK, Debbie to Brazil, Angela and her daughter to Nigeria (I think the daughter backed out at the last minute because Angela's mom's health worsened)...I bet the original plan was for Sister Kalani to return to Samoa with them before the measles outbreak. I won't be surprised to see Mother Tania in South Africa.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

For a half-decent apartment here, it's around $1000 per month for a 1 bedroom. Might be a few cheaper places.  A nicer 1 bedroom is in the $1200 range. 2 bedrooms in the $1300+ range.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

L

Just now, Frozendiva said:

For a half-decent apartment here, it's around $1000 per month for a 1 bedroom. Might be a few cheaper places.  A nicer 1 bedroom is in the $1200 range. 2 bedrooms in the $1300+ range.

Cost of living here is some of the lowest in the country.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

Because this is the season where TLC is paying the cast and their family to return to the motherland: Deavan's mom to SK, Debbie to Brazil, Angela and her daughter to Nigeria (I think the daughter backed out at the last minute because Angela's mom's health worsened)...I bet the original plan was for Sister Kalani to return to Samoa with them before the measles outbreak. I won't be surprised to see Mother Tania in South Africa.

Considering that most of us are stuck at home now, it seems odd.  All these people should not be going anywhere. The couples, sure. The show isn't about the hangers-on family members.

• Love 3

90 Day Fiance Happily Ever After?  The answer is "no".  How are Angela and Michael the most functional couple? Who cpuld possibly have predicted that a bunch of couples that rushed to get married for legal reasons would struggle to make it work?

Baby wipes aren't perishable, so there's worse things to get 5 of. Alternatively, you look for 5 different items you need that are part of the promotion and get 1 of each.  I'm guessing the meth trailer was a sales tactic. Suddenly the normal but cramped trailer looks like a palace!

It was super sweet how much Andrei's dad was doting over his grandkid. But a bunch of these kids are in for some challenging childhoods.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Considering that most of us are stuck at home now, it seems odd.  All these people should not be going anywhere. The couples, sure. The show isn't about the hangers-on family members.

They are seriously overestimating how interested we are in these people's ongoing stories. They're really scraping the barrels for storylines.

• Love 12

So much to unpack...Eric really missed the cameras because why would you ever want to get back with someone who filed a police report on you and insinuated to the world that you were gay ( not that that’s a bad thing). He missed their great conversations?  Larissa may be many things but,a great conversationalist with an incisive wit, she is not.   Michael played the long game and it’s close to coming to fruition - I suggest he keep a dead rat around to be able to handle any problems with Angela. Paul and Karine - she does look seriously depressed but I would be careful with those sarcastic asides, by history Paul is an angry and impulsive man - I don’t trust him when the cameras aren’t around. Also, why was he trying to shame her in the women’s hygiene section?  Syngin’s as good as outta here and who could blame him? She was barely there for the 90 days and never treated him with much care or affection once she got him here.  How old is Debbie anyway?  I was under the impression that she was in her late 50’s, early 60’s But she acts as if she’s 80. Jess was very rude making out like that with his mother there - no one does that, but Coltyou knew how it would effect your mother so why didn’t you cool it?   Andrei really has no shame. His friends don’t respect his new choices at all & he could do was gloat.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Based on the amount of Fortune 500 companies in Columbus, Ohio, seems to me that it should be more expensive to live there than in Louisville, Kentucky.

There is a time and place for everything.  I found Colt and Jess’ behavior in the cab very disrespectful.  I heard Larissa broke up with Eric because he is gay (not that anything is wrong with that).

Hard to believe that Larissa, Karine, Kirlyam and Juliana are all from Brazil. Their personalities and way of life are all so different. 

• Love 5

I'm thinking Debbie and Colt need to go on "Smothered" with their "special bond."

Debbie's hanging on with both hands, both feet, and all four teeth, and she's baring them to warn off Jess already.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17