Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Adapt or Die

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, swanpride said:

It would be nice to have a breather, just long enough to get Sousa up to speed and give him a proper prosthetic, damnit. Maybe that will happen off-screen next week?

I think they need Fitz to create a new prosthetic for Sousa - it was Fitz who built all of Coulson and Yoyo's prosthetics.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:47 PM, mrspidey said:

Ok, can someone please confirm that the guy who played Nathaniel is related to Evan Peters? They look and sound so much alike, it's driving me nuts. 

I can't confirm it but you're right he looks like he could be Evan's brother.

I guess they've spoiled me because I thought the title card was boooooring!

This episode was just okay but poor Mack :-( and now he's alone with Deke.

Please come back Fitz!

8 hours ago, Llywela said:

I think they need Fitz to create a new prosthetic for Sousa - it was Fitz who built all of Coulson and Yoyo's prosthetics.

Maybe something along the Six Million Dollar Man level of tech like Coulson's old hand or Yo-Yo's would need Fitz but with the real world stuff we have now upgrading from a post WWII prosthetic should be right in Simmons' wheelhouse assuming they ever get time during the Chronicom chase to outfit Chief Sousa 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Raja said:

Maybe something along the Six Million Dollar Man level of tech like Coulson's old hand or Yo-Yo's would need Fitz but with the real world stuff we have now upgrading from a post WWII prosthetic should be right in Simmons' wheelhouse assuming they ever get time during the Chronicom chase to outfit Chief Sousa 

Time? What's that? Seriously, I'm not sure they are even getting downtime for a good night's sleep during this mission, never mind time for niceties such as mission briefings, analysis of Yoyo's loss of powers, or the creation of a new prosthetic! They just seem to bounce straight from one crisis to another.

• Love 1
On 7/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, Lantern7 said:

Damn, the younger Malick was stupid. "Well, this girl has powers. Let me take random stuff from her, have it ejected into me, and not consider that my body can't handle the power." Dummy!

Do we know how Nathaniel Malick died in the original timeline? Was it strictly a case of "Too Dumb To Live"?

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Do we know how Nathaniel Malick died in the original timeline? Was it strictly a case of "Too Dumb To Live"?

He was sacrificed to Hive in an ancient Hydra ceremony that involved drawing lots. He and Gideon had discovered that their father always cheated the draw and agreed among themselves to play it fairly. Gideon then cheated to save himself, while Nathaniel drew the short straw and was sent through the portal to Hive's planet, where he died.

Edit: I think it's a different actor playing the character now than back in S3 though.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Llywela said:

He was sacrificed to Hive in an ancient Hydra ceremony that involved drawing lots. He and Gideon had discovered that their father always cheated the draw and agreed among themselves to play it fairly. Gideon then cheated to save himself, while Nathaniel drew the short straw and was sent through the portal to Hive's planet, where he died.

I had forgotten about this plot point altogether! Thanks. (I feel somehow certain that if the same actor were playing this (younger?) version, I might've recalled the character better? But perhaps not.)

• Love 1

They used the same actor for young Gideon, so most likely not.

I just hope that Nathaniel died. The timeline is messed up as it is, but I can just believe that it can go back on track if Mack and Deke spend some time to slow down the technological push the chronicons gave S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hopefully we get a breather this week. The last episode felt like a kind of mid-season finale.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, swanpride said:

They used the same actor for young Gideon, so most likely not.

I just hope that Nathaniel died. The timeline is messed up as it is, but I can just believe that it can go back on track if Mack and Deke spend some time to slow down the technological push the chronicons gave S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hopefully we get a breather this week. The last episode felt like a kind of mid-season finale.

Judging from the movie's Howard Stark and Hank Pym tech what Malick did was in line with what Deke's company did. Only it was still held by S.H.I.E.L.D./Hydra 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, swanpride said:

Yeah, they put the bar with the title card/sequence so high that a simple "scifi" card really didn't do it. Of all the episodes this was also easily the least distinctive.

I think it might have also been the title card for the first season they went into space, or at least it seemed very familiar.  Maybe it was the same one from the LMD year.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Disney, I'm going to need a Skye/Sousa spinoff Asap. Okay, Thanks.

Was really enjoying the title cards and they went back to the standard one when they started the space adventures.

Edited by AKA...CJ86
8 hours ago, AKA...CJ86 said:

So Disney, I'm going to need a Skye/Sousa spinoff Asap. Okay, Thanks.

Was really enjoying the title cards and they went back to the standard one when they started the space adventures.

AOS doesn't have a standard title card, it's been different every season, often changing during the season as well. This season has had a different title card for every episode, designed to match the aesthetic of the era in which each episode is set. This one...was kinda boring compared to earlier efforts, true, but if you look back at a few shows from the late 70s, you'll see that the style is correct for the era.

I would watch a Daisy-Sousa spin-off 😄

• Love 2