Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Christina

S05.E04: She's a Wolf

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
On 7/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, antfitz said:

 

Kalani would have been better off with a turkey blaster.

That sounds like it would rock her world.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm only on page 3 of the comments, but wanted to jot down these thoughts before I forget. 

On 7/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, Cherrio said:

 

Kalani needs to get rid of him. She also needs to do something with that oldest kid. All he does his cry. 

We've called Asuelo a moran, imbecile, dim, etc. so please forgive me if I suggest their children may have inherited some of his mental deficiencies. Is it possible that the older child cries so much because he's not able to communicate his needs in more normal and acceptable ways? Maybe it's because Kalani has him in jammies and stuck on her nipple 24/7. Maybe he's jealous of the youngest idiot and is locked into some sort of arrested development. Sorry, not sorry. 

On 7/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, Frozendiva said:

Debbie will probably never allow a woman in to Colt's life unless she has control. It was wrong of Colt to buy Jess a plane ticket and to spend $1000 or so on her already. Same pattern as Larissa. I do wonder what it is about him that so many women find him attractive. He seems to be a mama's boy, has very little to offer in any sort of relationship. Hmmmm.

I loved this whole post. You ask why women find Colt attractive, and I believe it's because he's one of the very few men on this franchise who have a job and the ability to support themself. Thus, a woman can put up with him because he's at work for most of the day! (Leaving Debbie out of the situation, of course.)

The only other solvent man I can think of is Robert. Maybe there are more, but none come to mind. Anyone? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I'm only on page 3 of the comments, but wanted to jot down these thoughts before I forget. 

We've called Asuelo a moran, imbecile, dim, etc. so please forgive me if I suggest their children may have inherited some of his mental deficiencies. Is it possible that the older child cries so much because he's not able to communicate his needs in more normal and acceptable ways? Maybe it's because Kalani has him in jammies and stuck on her nipple 24/7. Maybe he's jealous of the youngest idiot and is locked into some sort of arrested development. Sorry, not sorry. 

I loved this whole post. You ask why women find Colt attractive, and I believe it's because he's one of the very few men on this franchise who have a job and the ability to support themself. Thus, a woman can put up with him because he's at work for most of the day! (Leaving Debbie out of the situation, of course.)

The only other solvent man I can think of is Robert. Maybe there are more, but none come to mind. Anyone? 

Michael, Tim, David (of Lana fame), Jonathan. This is not an endorsement.

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Asuelo got on the Big Blue Bus line in Orange County going to Stanton. The side of the bus said Chapman. My cousins live in Stanton, 25 miles away. They live off of the main street called Beach. Beach and Chapman is the big main corner next to their house. I could have seen that idiot if I'd been at the right place at the wrong time.

Oh, shoot. The Big Blue Bus line is in Santa Monica, not Orange County.

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

How uncomfortable for Angela’s mom being asked if she wet herself while on camera. Angela needs to check her boundaries.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, antfitz said:

 I agree but Andre. That macho attitude only goes so far.

I think Libby picked Andre because of his looks and psychic! She thinks he’s all that. Have you see the shot of him bare from the waist up and Libby pretend fainting!  She also thinks she scored over her sisters if you have ever seen their husband and ex husband!  Libby thinks she deserves the very best and to her it’s Andreaaa!

Share this post


Link to post

I actually really like Andrei. I think he plays everything up for TV and that he's trying to portray a stereotype. Libby's a shit stirrer who's watched enough reality TV to know the drama and arguing will give them more airtime. He's clearly good with Eleanor and on PT he seems to actually get along with her sisters. I have a bunch of Eastern European male friends but while some of them can get a little sexist at times, in my experience laughing it off or just arguing back works. One of my best friends is a self-help author from Poland and once a year he flies over and stays with me. When I visited him he gave me the same "woman's place" speech that Andrei gave Libby. I just glared at him, told him to hush, and then asked for tea. Andrei seems to be mostly all talk. He's not SO sexist that he won't be a SAHD.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I too agree that Andrei isn't as bad as he comes across, and he's just playing a part. Not all men have to be the breadwinner at all times. If he's great with Eleanor and fixes up things in the house and maybe makes meals, why not.  It probably is a short-term thing and he and Libby will trade. The guy on the show and the guy on Pillow Talk may look alike, but seem very different.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Actually the Size 15 wide Ruby Slippers that Angela selected for Michael’s trousseau were among the more tasteful choices in the Pimpwear store.  

76E8A472-A4CA-4ADD-B8CD-78C5B6B11EE0.jpeg

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I too agree that Andrei isn't as bad as he comes across, and he's just playing a part. Not all men have to be the breadwinner at all times. If he's great with Eleanor and fixes up things in the house and maybe makes meals, why not.  It probably is a short-term thing and he and Libby will trade. The guy on the show and the guy on Pillow Talk may look alike, but seem very different.

It's weird that he and Robert come across as so chauvenistic on the show, yet on PT they're reasonable and almost always standing up for and taking the side of the woman. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's weird that he and Robert come across as so chauvenistic on the show, yet on PT they're reasonable and almost always standing up for and taking the side of the woman. 

It’s all the Magical Editing Fairies at work! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My husband was watching the more to love version and he says the truck Andrei and Libby were driving is a Toyota Tundra. It says Tundra on the tailgate. (the more you know, lol)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/9/2020 at 4:08 PM, Scout Finch said:

I've always coveted long hair. I have to keep mine shoulder-length because it's thin.

Her hair is so gorgeous.  I also have thin hair and I hate it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

 

I actually really like Andrei. I think he plays everything up for TV and that he's trying to portray a stereotype.

 

While that’s probably true and much of it is producer driven, I believe a person who would agree to spewing that kind of vitriol on this show is tacitly (and perhaps unwittingly) exposing some true feelings.

Assholeu going off on Kalani during the car ride? The producers could have told him what to say, but he could have refused to do so. I can’t picture someone like Tim or David or Alexei (all of Pillow Talk fame) agreeing to shit talk women. They would have drawn a line. Andrei could have said he won’t disrespect his wife for a tv show, yet he does so happily. If the producers asked a contestant to bad mouth a certain ethnic group, surely the contestant would refuse. This is no different, really.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m willing to cut Asusual some slack in one regard. Wait, hear me out.

Like others on this show, he has a limited knowledge of English. We live in a quite profane society, and doubtless he has heard a lot of cursing. What he lacks is an awareness of the cultural context for swearing. It is one thing to tell a friend that he is “effing annoying” or she is a “bitch”. It’s something else entirely to say that to your spouse. Curses don’t carry the same weight in all situations, especially to someone raised in a different culture.

For example, gaijin is (or used to be) considered a highly offensive term for non-Japanese. Yet, if someone were to call me a gaijin, or if I were to use it, it would have no effect on me, because it’s just another foreign word to me, devoid of cultural connotations. Even in English, there are words considered offensive in one country and harmless in another.

That, or he is just an asshole.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I’m willing to cut Asusual some slack in one regard. Wait, hear me out.

Like others on this show, he has a limited knowledge of English. We live in a quite profane society, and doubtless he has heard a lot of cursing. What he lacks is an awareness of the cultural context for swearing. It is one thing to tell a friend that he is “effing annoying” or she is a “bitch”. It’s something else entirely to say that to your spouse. Curses don’t carry the same weight in all situations, especially to someone raised in a different culture.

For example, gaijin is (or used to be) considered a highly offensive term for non-Japanese. Yet, if someone were to call me a gaijin, or if I were to use it, it would have no effect on me, because it’s just another foreign word to me, devoid of cultural connotations. Even in English, there are words considered offensive in one country and harmless in another.

That, or he is just an asshole.

I think he's way out of his element here.  But between this show and pillow talk the $$ is flowing in!  I truly believe he's a bit slow and being used in the worst way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think he's way out of his element here.  But between this show and pillow talk the $$ is flowing in!  I truly believe he's a bit slow and being used in the worst way.

Him hitting his head with his hands during that tell all show was really unsettling for me.  I think he's minimally developed.

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, Mothra said:

And either I'm totally out of touch or a socially inept family member or somehow deficient but I don't get it about birthdays.  I don't get it that Darcey teared up because Tom didn't make the promised phone call on her birthday; I don't understand the lavishly decorated parties everyone seems to throw for their small children--with custom cakes, for god's sake--and I don't understand why family Kalani would all pack up to get together for Oliver's?  Kennedy's? birthday.  Forget about what a slap in the face it was for Assholio; the child (whichever one it is) doesn't give a shit beyond getting presents (Oliver) and birthday cake.

You are not out of touch.  I bought a special cake for each child's first birthday but after that a party was a casual bbq type thing with a homeade cake.  

 

On 7/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

He was leaving them for the neighbor’s dog, I think. If anyone’s EVER fed my dog something without my permission, I’d be pissed as hell.

I watched that scene again and it is hard to tell if it was their yard (it looked likem but hard to be really sure.  Come sit with me per the dog feeding - we had a Golden with a sensitive stomach.  Some of my ex's relatives thought it was a hoot and a half to feed her scraps.  I finally stood up and asked for everyone's polite attention.  "Look, her tummy is sensitive.  If anyone keeps feeding her food scraps, and WHEN she vomits or goes to vet, I am sending you the cleaning bill and the vet bill.  Got it?"  Why do people think because they feed their dogs crappy food, I want you to do the same to my dog?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If I lived next to Pol's mother, and that was my yard, I would call the police, and have him charged with trespass, and littering.    

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't be surprised if, over the years, Paul's neighbors have called the police on him several times. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

While that’s probably true and much of it is producer driven, I believe a person who would agree to spewing that kind of vitriol on this show is tacitly (and perhaps unwittingly) exposing some true feelings.

Assholeu going off on Kalani during the car ride? The producers could have told him what to say, but he could have refused to do so. I can’t picture someone like Tim or David or Alexei (all of Pillow Talk fame) agreeing to shit talk women. They would have drawn a line. Andrei could have said he won’t disrespect his wife for a tv show, yet he does so happily. If the producers asked a contestant to bad mouth a certain ethnic group, surely the contestant would refuse. This is no different, really.

I'm not defending Andrei. I mean, none of these people are innocent, no matter how they're edited. Every one of them who sign on past one season know how they may be portrayed. They're all famewhores and it's clear that most of them will go along with whatever they need to do to keep the cameras rolling. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'm not defending Andrei. I mean, none of these people are innocent, no matter how they're edited. Every one of them who sign on past one season know how they may be portrayed. They're all famewhores and it's clear that most of them will go along with whatever they need to do to keep the cameras rolling. 

I didn’t think you were defending him at all. Was just thinking about lines that a person would or wouldn’t cross when it comes to disrespecting a partner on a popular reality tv show. I know they are all encouraged to bring the drama, but I’m sure you’d be able to say “no” if you didn’t want to participate in shit talking. But a famewhore knows no limits, I suppose.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why do none of these men seem to want to work? Did they work in their home countries?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

36 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Why do none of these men seem to want to work? Did they work in their home countries?

In Angela's case she did not want Mah-kul to get the BJ for giving rides to women with no money, Nicole wanted to stay on the phone 8 hours a day with Azan so he could not work and I think BGL wanted whats his name to be on the same sleep schedule as her and of course some/all of these women pick men that need them more than they need the men, well that and they are really bad at picking men!

My thing about the lack of job means the lack of job skills in every country and the fact they have nothing to contribute to the K-1 process and travel expenses let alone money for food.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If I lived next to Pol's mother, and that was my yard, I would call the police, and have him charged with trespass, and littering.    

Yeah, that scene gave me the dry heaves. Maybe I’m being hypersensitive because I live in a city, but throwing food on the ground is a sure fire way to throw a huge party for rats. And rats don’t give a damn about that fence. Whether the fossilized french fry party is in the neighbor’s yard or Pole’s parents’ yard, they’re partying in both. All I can think about is Pole and Templeton the Rat singing, “A carnival is a smorgasbord-orgasbord-orgasbord.” They were probably roommates in that car.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, toodles said:

Every time my son walks by and Pol is on is he asks me if they found his murder room/body freezer yet.

I thought  you were gonna say “Every time Pol is on and my son walks by I thank God  for my son,” cause I swear, I have similar thoughts whenever I watch a Pol/mom interaction. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Why do none of these men seem to want to work? Did they work in their home countries?

I think ----- because they can get away with it?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, RealReality said:

"Some"?  You are far more generous than me, because I think he has like all the serious mental issues.  

I will never forget him threatening to drown himself in shit water after karine didn't immediately say she was okay with learning he had a criminal past.  It was compelling television, but still.  

I think his mom maybe coddled him, but lots of mother's have a soft spot for their sons.  My sister's husband.....his mother spoils him silly, but the man got a job, supports his family and has neither run out into traffic or threatened suicide by poop water.  

I feel so sorry for her that Paul is her only child.  

She may have coddled him when he was younger, but she's been telling him all along not to get Karine pregnant and that she wasn't going to sponsor Karine, etc.  Pole just hasn't been listening and still thinks his mother's just going to hand over cash.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/8/2020 at 6:39 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I have some legit questions:  Do baptists baptize their babies?  Or do they do a baby dedication and baptize as adults?  Do they baptize either way "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost"?  Because, to me, if you are babtized in the name of the Father Son and Holy Ghost, that is a baptism into the Holy Trinity, and that is how Eastern Orthadox do it, right?  So.....(and stay with me here) if Lib WAS baptized into the Holy Trinity, she should NOT have to be baptized again.

I am not trying to get into a religion thing, I really REALLY want to know why the heck they did not hash this out before they got married, like most sane people do!

I have a hunch their first wedding was a civil ceremony by an officiant, as had they gone through a clergy they would have, more than likely, had to discuss these issues with the clergy.  Of course, the coven would have shown up to tell Libby what she REALLY thinks, lol!!!!

Full disclosure:  I am Lutheran girl, and we bapatize as babies, although adult baptism is always welcome to those not baptized.

 

I am Baptist. I have been baptized in the church. My grandchildren have been dedicated. We believe you must make the decision for yourself to be baptized.

 

When my daughter was pregnant with her first, she had an awful baby daddy. In January, in western PA I was taking them to the dr. He got mouthy with me so I pulled off the interstate and dumped his ass at the nearest convenience store. Told my daughter she could go with him or to the doctor. She chose the Dr.

It wasn’t my last tangle with him, he mouthed off the day I was supposed to pick them up at the hospital. Left them there too. Nonna don’t play and momma Kalani shouldn’t either.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I think ----- because they can get away with it?

You are exactly right, they come to the states unable to work until they get the paperwork done but by the time that happens the wife has been used to making the money also realizes she married someone with no direction or marketable skills so they just don't even bother. 

What ever happened to that woodworking class Syngin took?  

Why can't Pole get a job at Walmart?  Would Karine be understanding if Pole had to be gone 8 or 9 hours a day and she would be home alone with the baby with no transportation or anyone to visit with?  I feel like we would see a talking head of Karine and Pole talking about how she hated to be home alone so Pole quit that job.  I do not think she fully understands how income works.

Andrei has no shame, his father in law paid for truck driving school but driving a truck was not good enough for him, the FIL gave them a free place to live but he could not be bothered to cut the grass, Andrei tells his FIL that he will get a job and take care of his family but that has yet to happen.  The animosity Libby has towards Andreii has got to be frustrating especially while she tries to defend him against her family to which is indefensible.

 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why can't Pole get a job at Walmart?  Would Karine be understanding if Pole had to be gone 8 or 9 hours a day and she would be home alone with the baby with no transportation or anyone to visit with?  I feel like we would see a talking head of Karine and Pole talking about how she hated to be home alone so Pole quit that job.  I do not think she fully understands how income works.

I think Pole told her his mother would support them.  I think Pole actually THOUGHT his mother would support them.  But when his mother visited them in Brazil and saw how lazy they both were about their housekeeping and financial responsibilities, she realized that they would probably bring those habits with them to the USA.  Good for her for shutting them down.

Her father was a (former?) police officer in Brazil.  Surely Karine understood the concept of him going to work every day.  Their home was nothing fancy, but I would think that Karine didn't want to live in anything worse.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2020 at 1:30 AM, Mom2twoNonna2-3 said:

I am Baptist. I have been baptized in the church. My grandchildren have been dedicated. We believe you must make the decision for yourself to be baptized.

 

When my daughter was pregnant with her first, she had an awful baby daddy. In January, in western PA I was taking them to the dr. He got mouthy with me so I pulled off the interstate and dumped his ass at the nearest convenience store. Told my daughter she could go with him or to the doctor. She chose the Dr.

It wasn’t my last tangle with him, he mouthed off the day I was supposed to pick them up at the hospital. Left them there too. Nonna don’t play and momma Kalani shouldn’t either.

Bad behavior will not be rewarded.  Read that in a dog training manual.  Works for humans too.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:09 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

You are exactly right, they come to the states unable to work until they get the paperwork done but by the time that happens the wife has been used to making the money also realizes she married someone with no direction or marketable skills so they just don't even bother. 

What ever happened to that woodworking class Syngin took?  

Why can't Pole get a job at Walmart?  Would Karine be understanding if Pole had to be gone 8 or 9 hours a day and she would be home alone with the baby with no transportation or anyone to visit with?  I feel like we would see a talking head of Karine and Pole talking about how she hated to be home alone so Pole quit that job.  I do not think she fully understands how income works.

Andrei has no shame, his father in law paid for truck driving school but driving a truck was not good enough for him, the FIL gave them a free place to live but he could not be bothered to cut the grass, Andrei tells his FIL that he will get a job and take care of his family but that has yet to happen.  The animosity Libby has towards Andreii has got to be frustrating especially while she tries to defend him against her family to which is indefensible.

 

He's a pompous assh*le.  I see an eventual divorce on the horizon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

Bad behavior will not be rewarded.  Read that in a dog training manual.  Works for humans too.

He's a pompous assh*le.  I see an eventual divorce on the horizon. 

I assume you are referring to Andrei (although Asuelo, Syngin and Paul could easily fit your descriptor.) I find Andrei to be a pathological liar... If he's not getting his way, he makes up 'events' or 'statistics' to support his argument. He also intentionally mistranslates what his parents are saying to Libby. (I love that Andrei's parents are very forthcoming re: Andrei's immaturity, but I hate that  he isn't I am very impressed Libby didn't tell Andrei's parents how little he contributes to the household, or how much he drinks. The biggest issue I have with Andrei is his 'fake' machismo behaviour (adopting the 'king of the castle' attitude). When he announced Libby should listen 'double', my instinct was to both slap him across the face and/or tell him not to return home until he had a job! Alas, he's on TV and I am in a different country, lol.

Your comment could also apply to Auselo because it is clear he has major issues with women. (Also, he's trying to convince Kalani that American women are lazy and do far less in America than Samoa because they use updated/modern appliances). Funny how he is personally indifferent to using these appliances to help with dally chores or offer assistance with anything other than video games.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Cootie is a pig. What an awful body....and in a speedo!!  Where is something probably will never get to unsee. Yetch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

You are exactly right, they come to the states unable to work until they get the paperwork done but by the time that happens the wife has been used to making the money also realizes she married someone with no direction or marketable skills so they just don't even bother. 

Your whole post was bang on and I agree with your thoughts and questions. I am beginning to hear confirmations that the Americans are financing everything for their 90 day 'mates', even after green cards/ work visas are granted. I assumed this all along and it infuriates me to hear the lame excuses these spouses are trying to rattle off. Paul is the worst because HE is supposed to financing this nonsensical 'better' move, and poor Karine ... She is picking up English, but idiot Paul still needs an app to translate his incompetencies and lame-ass excuses for not finding work. Andrei is disgusting, and his demands for Lib's Dad to foot the bill while he's an inappreciative ass is beyond me. The only thing I can think with Auselo, Paul, Andrei, Syngin etc. is that they are hoping for a free ride while using the "poor me - this job situation is beyond my control". Yes, COVID is (potentially) a great reason, HOWEVER, this was all filmed prior to COVID. I found I now record the shows but I have to put myself in a certain 'mood' to even sit down to watch. Finally, I can only believe these horrible sycophant people are actually acting - following to some ridiculous drama-scripts they and their partners schemed up. Kudos to Michael's family for saving face by implying they will contribute to a wedding that may or may not happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size