Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Shiv Part One

tessaray
  • Start Topic

I hope Jordan DOESN'T pursue Barbara romantically, for the record.  It's too trite.  Cameron's mother shared his mission to change the world; hiding that from a new partner would make for a pale shadow of the marriage he had.  I think Jordan's smart enough to realize that.  Besides, if his son is interested in her daughter, his interest in Barbara would make things pretty weird.

3 hours ago, DC Fan said:

The police report on Rick's parents' "accident" was at least tampered with, if not outright falsified.  Local police have apparently been compromised by the ISA for a LONG time.

Not necessarily, Rick's parents' "death" occurred when their vehicle hit a tree. The fact that a monster pushed/deflected the vehicle into the tree doesn't change the cause of death. Is a small town police department able to tell that the accident might be suspicious and/or related to supervillians depends on if the ILA covered their tracks.

(edited)
9 hours ago, DC Fan said:

How have the ISA NOT recognized Pat?  He didn't wear a mask, especially when he carried Starman out of the trap that destroyed the JSA

That is the advantage of being the sidekick:   
Nobody notices you.
It’s almost like having an invisibility superpower. 

There's also the precedent of Lois Lane not recognizing Superman was Clark Kent.
Maybe they should have shown Pat wearing glasses in the flashbacks and have a mention of contact lenses in the present.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, DC Fan said:

How have the ISA NOT recognized Pat?  He didn't wear a mask, especially when he carried Starman out of the trap that destroyed the JSA.  Gambler doesn't wear one, nor Icicle.  Apparently, recognition only happens when it's in the script!

To be fair, Shiv blindsided Courtney & never let up.  I think Stargirl gave a pretty good account of herself, under the circumstances.  Sir Justin also blindsided Shiv; he might not have fared so well, otherwise.

Right, it's just like how Pat has "ignored" what both Courtney and Yolanda said about the Principal with: "Let it go." Why? Because the script says too. Court would have had a bit more up on Shiv if Cindy wouldn't have jumped her. Plus, even if Pat would have been in STRIPE,  they have ZERO knowledge on her abilities and training. Unlike other members of the ISA, they have a rich history and as Pat put it with Sportsmaster and Gambler. "They don't look like much, but that's how they get you." 

Edited by readster
missing word.
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not necessarily, Rick's parents' "death" occurred when their vehicle hit a tree. The fact that a monster pushed/deflected the vehicle into the tree doesn't change the cause of death. 

Still can't figure out how Chuck knew that Solomon Grundy caused the crash, especially after so many years.  If the wreck had been recent, I might believe there were some clues to be analyzed, but as it is it seems quite a stretch.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Still can't figure out how Chuck knew that Solomon Grundy caused the crash, especially after so many years.  If the wreck had been recent, I might believe there were some clues to be analyzed, but as it is it seems quite a stretch.

Then again, you have an irony of Pat NOT LISTENING again. It's like in the first episode, he was TOLD not to come to the mansion as the JSA was being killed. Ten years later, Courtney AND Yolanda said something was not right with Principal Bowen and he was: "No, just drop it!" Look what happened, Courtney saw her going through a "secret" passage and then wraps around the school and exits behind "fake lockers" and the is attacked by Shiv. So, Pat... still think something isn't up with the principal or the ENTIRE town of Blue Valley at this point?

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, rmontro said:

Maybe I am leaping to conclusions, but I assumed AI Chuck was able to look into the past and play it back

One scifi book that permanently effected my view of things is "The Light of Other Days" by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter in which wormhole technology allows people to see what happened in the past (worldcat.org/title/light-of-other-days/oclc/920726596/editions).

Ever since reading that book I always imagine that in the future all my actions might be able to be played back.

Edited by shapeshifter
Clarity
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

One scifi book that permanently effected my view of things is "The Light of Other Days" by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter in which wormhole technology allows people to see what happened in the past

Wormhole technology?  Well, it is based on a comic book.  If the original Dr. Mid-Nite was that brilliant, he was probably wasting his life fighting super villains in Blue Valley.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not necessarily, Rick's parents' "death" occurred when their vehicle hit a tree. The fact that a monster pushed/deflected the vehicle into the tree doesn't change the cause of death. Is a small town police department able to tell that the accident might be suspicious and/or related to supervillians depends on if the ILA covered their tracks.

Chuck said the tires reported in the accident were not the ones on the vehicle.  It was the anomaly that got his attention.  Did GRUNDY stick around & change them afterwards?  Lol.  This is the ISA's town.  They would have made sure a long time ago that local law enforcement were at least no issue for them.  More than likely, they control the police.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, rmontro said:

If the original Dr. Mid-Nite was that brilliant, he was probably wasting his life fighting super villains in Blue Valley.

True, but at least the big fight in the premiere was in Los Angeles. The ISA undoubtedly had their secret base in Blue Valley all along, but their operations were much wider.

5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

True, but at least the big fight in the premiere was in Los Angeles. The ISA undoubtedly had their secret base in Blue Valley all along, but their operations were much wider.

If the ISA and the JSA were both based in Blue Valley, why were they fighting in LA?  Seems like an amazing coincidence that they were both based in Blue Valley, but maybe they all wanted to be near each other.