Type keyword(s) to search

Hamilton (2020)

xaxat
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Some new projects from Hamilton alumni!

Anthony Ramos is starring in the current season of In Treatment. He plays one of the four patients being treated by Uzo Aduba.

He's also starring in the movie adaptation of Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical In the Heights. He is playing the lead role of Usnavi (originally played by LMM in the Broadway production).

Jasmine Cephas-Jones is starring in the tv adaptation of Blindspotting (based on the movie of the same name written by Daveed Diggs). Bonus: her IRL fiancé aka Anthony Ramos has a cameo in the first episode!

She recently did an interview with InStyle where she discusses Hamilton, partying with Prince, and a bunch of other stuff:

Lin-Manuel Miranda's directorial debut will be the movie adaptation of Jonathan Larson's musical tick, tick... BOOM!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I finally got around to watching this on Disney Plus. I have never seen the play before but have heard enough hype to wonder if it was really as good as everyone says it is.

This feels like a Once-in a Generational musical. Captivating story, fantastic musical numbers and inventive as all get out.

I think if this gets kids reading about our history and getting them interested in the past and what can we learn from it, then I think it will truly impact future generations for years. Plus, I can see "Rise Up/Not Gonna give up my shot" being an anthem for a whole new generation.

I am NOT a hip hop or rap fan by any stretch but found a lot of the songs catchy and worthy of further listening. From a music standpoint, the harmonies the Company did were beyond amazing. Stuff like that is really not done all that often.

I am really blown away.....and I now I want to see it in person someday....

• Love 11