Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Kingdom

• Start Topic

We've got a renewal for the crazypants trainwreck!

TNT's Animal Kingdom, TBS' Wrecked and Angie Tribeca Get Renewed

Animal Kingdom has signaled the new tone for TNT dramas and is moving the network in the direction we hoped it would,” original programming EVP Sarah Aubrey said in a statement. “I’m confident that our strategy of working with high-caliber talent and then getting out of their way will continue to pay off.”

• Love 3

Excited for a return date.

I guess that's the day for premieres with shows with Kingdom in the name.  'Kingdom' is also returning that day. Kingdom and Animal Kingdom having season premieres on same night.

• Love 2

During commercial time the network mentioned that there  are 2 more shows left. The way things seem to be  heading, it looks like the writers are getting close to end of the show. Daren's 'friend' leaving, Pope's confession to Emily, Baz admitting to Smurf, and ending his father-son relationship, Smurf selling jewelry and making J "power of attorney', and lets not forget Lena keeps asking is Mommy dead? Personally, I don't see how much of a story line is left, that could keep one's interest.

Well the show has already been renewed for a season 3.  It's not like Smurf can't manipulate everyone from prison.  Gang bangers have done that in real life.  She can do one big F-U which screws everyone over and gets Baz blamed and the boys back on her side.  It's possible J screws everyone over and his "angry all the time" plan comes to fruition.  

There are plenty more stories.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

I see they've clarified he's only doing one episode of Grey's. But I guess he's still leaving AK. I don't love his storyline, so I wouldn't mind him moving on, but it is surprising to me to leave a steady gig. Wonder if he didn't really gel with the cast. 

• Love 2
On 2/7/2018 at 5:31 PM, taragel said:

I see they've clarified he's only doing one episode of Grey's. But I guess he's still leaving AK. I don't love his storyline, so I wouldn't mind him moving on, but it is surprising to me to leave a steady gig. Wonder if he didn't really gel with the cast. 

Who’s he going to be? Dr. McBritish?

He's definitely leaving Animal Kingdom, Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy confirmed that he was no longer doing AK in her podcast this morning.  I didn't love his character [Baz], but I really will miss Scott Speedman.  It won't be the same without him.

• Love 2
On 7/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I am really glad about this.  Animal Kingdom has its flaws but it is a fun show.   I am considering starting up with Claws.  I should like the show but....I don’t know.  Maybe I’ll give it another go.

Me too as far as AK goes. I've tried Claws three separate times and I just can't get into it. That's fine, I'm good to go with AK. 

• Love 1

‘Animal Kingdom’: Sohvi Rodriguez Upped To Series Regular For Season 4

Sohvi Rodriguez, who heavily recurred in the third season of TNT’s Animal Kingdom, has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming fourth season of the critically praised drama series.

Rodriguez plays Mia, a tough, unpredictable young woman raised in a gang, Mia forms an alliance with J (Finn Cole) as he questions her motives at every turn.

‘Animal Kingdom’: Jon Beavers & Grant Harvey To Recur In Season 4

Jon Beavers (The Long Road Home) and Grant Harvey (The Crossing) are set for recurring roles on the upcoming fourth season of TNT’s flagship drama series Animal Kingdom.

Beavers and Harvey play Jake and Colin, respectively, part of a crew living off the grid, committing armed robberies up and down the California coast. Jake is a good-natured career criminal. His laid back demeanor is in stark contrast to the violent Colin, an emotionally damaged vet.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I follow an Animal Kingdom FB group and Ellen is all over Twitter making vague references to getting pushed out of the show.  This is just one, but there's tons more.😡

AK.jpg

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not sure if the spoiler tags are needed but found this too:

Spoiler

Most of us, including me, said this was just a crazy fan who didn't know what she was talking about when she posted this. I'm the first to step up and own it when I'm wrong, and it appears I was. This was posted over two weeks ago from Bernadette Roche:

"Ellen didn’t decide to leave. She was written out. My guess is that the Producer John Wells , who is know to be a sexist , ageist asshole, thought wanted a younger audience , not truly realizing how much we love Smurf.

Ellen loved this part and was broken hearted.

Also, she’s quite vocal on Twitter and I don’t think John Wells knows how to comment on things Ellen says."

Spoiler

I was always on the "they can't write her out, She is the show" team, but it looks like she really will be gone.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Useful 1

‘Animal Kingdom’ Renewed For Fifth Season As Ellen Barkin-Fronted TNT Crime Drama Continues To Nab Viewers

Ellen Barkin-fronted crime drama Animal Kingdom has nabbed a fifth season on WarnerMedia’s TNT.

The series, which stars Barkin as the matriarch of the Cody crime family, continues to grow its fanbase via the cable network, reaching nearly 18M for its fourth season across all platform. The broadcaster said that the series is one of this year’s top ten cable dramas for viewers aged 18 to 49 in L+7 data.

• Love 3

Very happy about the renewal too. It's such a consistently good show with crazy,interesting storylines(though I still am not a fan of this year's young Smurf storyline) I am a couple eps behind but still quite enjoying the show.

• Love 3

I follow Ben Robson (Craig) on Instagram and he responded to someone saying they only finished about half the season. Depending on when they can get back to work, the season will most likely be delayed. Like a lot of other shows unfortunately 😢 

I came here today June 20th, 2020 expecting to see some info on Season 5, and saw nothing. Now they must have done some filming for the months that followed season 4, well into Feb of this year, before coronavirus hit us. Does anyone know what the status is or  where to get the info about this?

• Love 1

I want to watch, but I feel awful about Ellen Barkin being written out of the show that revolves around her character. 

Yeah, I'm still feeling a way about it too and haven't decided whether I'm going to watch this season or not. On one hand I'm curious but OTOH I do believe they did Ellen Barkin wrong. Wonder if the producers/showrunners were expecting the election to go a different way and that informed the decision to get rid of Smurf and lean more into the macho?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I'm still feeling a way about it too and haven't decided whether I'm going to watch this season or not. On one hand I'm curious but OTOH I do believe they did Ellen Barkin wrong. Wonder if the producers/showrunners were expecting the election to go a different way and that informed the decision to get rid of Smurf and lean more into the macho?

What election and why would that be a factor?  

• Love 1

What election and why would that be a factor?  

A look at her twitter feed would reveal much that I won't get into because of this site's rules.

It's been speculated (and she's vaguely suggested) that her strong opinions expressed on social media attracted the kind of heat TPTB of this show didn't want to be associated with. It's also been speculated that TPTB wanted to concentrate on a younger version of Smurf (in flashbacks) to appeal more to younger men.  I think the official position is that the show wanted to go in a different direction creatively, which is pretty much the same thing soap opera runners say when they've dumped a popular character/actor for reasons they don't want to admit to publicly.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

A look at her twitter feed would reveal much that I won't get into because of this site's rules.

It's been speculated (and she's vaguely suggested) that her strong opinions expressed on social media attracted the kind of heat TPTB of this show didn't want to be associated with. It's also been speculated that TPTB wanted to concentrate on a younger version of Smurf (in flashbacks) to appeal more to younger men.  I think the official position is that the show wanted to go in a different direction creatively, which is pretty much the same thing soap opera runners say when they've dumped a popular character/actor for reasons they don't want to admit to publicly.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea.  I will check out twitter.  If this is the last season (?) wonder why TPTB needed to go in a different direction!

• Love 1