Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Nakara

I like this one a lot. Probably the first episode of the season I liked.  I think the show is just better when they are hitting all most of the story lines and characters in an episode.  Much more balanced in being able to find a variety of things to enjoy and less annoying when the things you don't enjoy come up.

Diyoza is a bad ass. I don't know what it says about me that the opening sequence is the thing that made me finally appreciate her as a character.  But it did.  She is everything they spent a season or two trying to make Octavia into and never really achieved.

Echo is the worst.  It feels like they created this time moves differently detail just to fix that the six years on the arc made her and Bellamy a solid couple.  Now she's been separated from him for five years so they can make her awful and undeserving of him. I smell a hastily put together Bellarke endgame.  I know I'm being manipulated and because of that I'm predisposed to look for some reason to not totally cut my losses with the character, but I can't do it.  There is just no nuance in the writing or the acting to grab onto. I loathe Echo and it happened at light speed.

Gabriel got stuck with having to taser everyone to stop them from killing themselves in their escape.   Its annoying.  I'm going to forgive him because its clearly one of those moments where the writers know they want to continue with the story in the current locale and can't figure out a way to make that happen so one character gets sacrificed to stupid.

Indra is also a badass.  I am so happy that Wonkru is finally led by a leader who is just a legit badass leader instead of whoever was the last one to get a chip shoved into their head.

Murphy "I'm going to watch"

Me "Me too" grin

And Murphy is Murphy.  And Emori is Emori.  And they are having scenes with Indra.  And this is always a good thing.  Loved that Murphy and Emori decided to protect Maddie and urge Indra to be the new Commander.

Maddie wanting so badly to be a kid and play with the other kids was really well done.  Its the first time I really felt something for her since she told Bellamy that Clarke was alive and that was mostly about Bellamy learning Clarke was alive.

The Ice planet, Hoth, stuff I thought I would enjoy more than I did.  It was fine but I could take it or leave it.  

Raven and Clarke heart to hearts always make me a little irritated because even when Raven is guilt ridden she gets judgy of Clarke.

There was a brief glimmer in Jordan's eye where he was excited about seeing aliens.  In that moment I thought they could have made a character out of him that I liked and it was too bad they didn't.  The rest of the time I was wishing he was in a red shirt and would get eaten on the away mission.

That leads me to a few things of the type I only notice when I'm enjoying the episode enough to pay attention. 

Has the Grounders language always been so understandable? It makes sense that its a version of English that morphed over a hundred years.  But Indra's fight to be Commander was the first time I noticed that I could understand the gist of most of what they were saying before looking at the translation.

Also, show, I noticed what you were doing there with operating a Stargate inside the space slug that the Millennium Falcon into right down to the mynocks.  Maybe don't borrow stuff quite that transparently in the future.

• Love 5

So, the ice planet is basically an entire burial site for Bardo's departed.  Or maybe even more, since it seemed like Miller and Niylah recognized that symbol at the end.  Also, the planet is apparently a sentient being that had the stone portal in its digestive system, which the gang had to go into (unwittingly) to escape.  Got the love wacky planets like that!  But it looks like the team is on the right track now.  Was surprised that everyone made it out though: I had wondered if either Miller or Niylah was going to get taken out by a spider thing.

Clarke continues to have the patience of a saint by comforting Raven during her "I killed four people!" meltdown, and didn't roll her eyes and go "Those are amateur numbers, dear!"  Leadership material right there!

Diyosa is finally back and still just as badass as she always is.  Even if said badassery almost made her kill her daughter, unknowingly.  Whoops!

Echo is still a moody jerk that is killing anyone that she can.  Continue to love how over Gabriel is about that.  That said, I'm confused over his about-face turn about escaping.  I don't see why Octavia's former doctor (Levitt?) would have lied to them about going to the surface, so why is Gabriel so sure that it would have been a death sentence?  Because the other option certainly doesn't seem better.

This being the final season is making me realize how bummed I am that we've only really gotten some good Indra/Murphy scenes now, because those two playing off one another is pretty awesome, actually.  I'm not surprised that Indra was feeling the pressure and was willing to make Maddie play "the Commander" again in order to maintain the peace.  But I'm glad Murphy and Emori continue to be some of the more reasonable characters here, and not only stand up for Maddie, but even suggest the simplest solution: there doesn't need to me an actual Commander, because Indra has already proven herself time after time that she has what it takes to be a leader herself.  Yay, Indra!  Adina Porter nailed that final speech.  And, of course, Murphy and Emori's gleeful reactions to it was the icing on the cake!

That said, it is clear that Sheidheda is on his way to getting the upper-hand again.  It looks like the convicts have "acquired" the weapons from Wonkru, so he's convinced the Children of Gabriel leader to throw in with the convicts, and take back power from Wonkru.  Oh, boy!  Considering that all of my favorite characters are still in Sanctum, I'm a bit worried about this outcome.

• Love 4

1. I can't help feeling that Clarke and Gang would have recognized the whole WE'RE GETTING EATEN HERE if they had watched The Empire Strikes Back more often. Admittedly, that probably wasn't an option for Niylah, but it should have been for the other four.

(You can't tell me that Monty didn't show his kid the Star Wars films.)

2. That said, at least Miller apparently did watch a FEW horror films back in the day. Sad the others didn't listen to him.

3. Rather convenient that Clarke and Gang brought flashlights and machine guns but not water, nice warm coats and gloves. Really, Clarke. Next time stock up on more things.

4. Raven: I've killed people! Clarke: Yes, and?  

5. And ok, confirmation, I guess, that the bunker people back on Earth somehow or other found these stones or these stones found them, which raises a lot of questions and also makes me really question how good Mount Weather and the Ark were at monitoring things. 

6. Go, Diyoza, go! Sorry that you missed so much of your daughter's childhood, though. Maybe if you hadn't, Hope would be awesome like you and not annoying like she is. If a little less annoying this episode.

7. Still sticking with what I said about Echo last episode - she's broken. Completely broken. I kinda blame Hope. That, admittedly, is not canon and doesn't really match up with what was in the show, but I still kinda blame Hope.

9. And, also sticking with what I said last episode, Octavia, I am all for you finding a grand, epic, happy romance, but you do meet your men in the worst places and circumstances, don't you?

10. Pity that Random Dude Carrying Flowers didn't get the same chance to rewatch seasons 1 - 3 of this show, to prepare him for all of the random killings!

11. I kinda feel sorry for whoever is going to get to scan Gabriel's brain and has to deal with everything in the mindchip.

12. Once again, I have many many questions about Sanctum, including but not limited to, where the hell are the factories and other industrial equipment making all this stuff - in this case, the playground equipment? I know that we earlier said that Eligius probably just brought along a lot of shipping containers, and I guess it's not completely implausible that heavy playground equipment would have been part of that, but - look, it takes a lot of energy to get heavy equipment off Earth, and I just can't see that as being a priority.

And sure, everything there could probably have been manufactured - slowly - by a blacksmith or something, but, then, we have to ask (or at least I have to ask) - where was this metal mined? Did they cannibalize the ships? Are there an awful lot of iron asteroids that we haven't seen?

If it were just the playground equipment, I might be able to handwave this, but Sanctum has a lot of stuff around that can't be explained by the manufacturing we've seen so far.

13.  I like EvilHeda a bit more when JB Bourne is playing him and he and Indra get to play off each other, but only a bit more. Tell me more about the manufacturing and this culture that Octavia and Friends ok Kinda Friends are exploring!

14. Awwww, Murphy and Emori came through and saved Madi from stage fright and having to pretend to be a Commander! 

15. And now to the best part of this episode - Indra! Really, my only quarrel with her is that she didn't tell Madi about EvilHeda since that seems to be something Madi should know about.

But otherwise, those last couple of scenes with her - awesome. Adina Porter really knocked those out of the park. And really, WonKru, given all of the other seriously questionable leaders you have had in the past six seasons, you should be delighted that Indra finally stepped forward. I know I am.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

That said, it is clear that Sheidheda is on his way to getting the upper-hand again.  It looks like the convicts have "acquired" the weapons from Wonkru, so he's convinced the Children of Gabriel leader to throw in with the convicts, and take back power from Wonkru.  Oh, boy!  Considering that all of my favorite characters are still in Sanctum, I'm a bit worried about this outcome.

I think Wonkru will wipe out the Children of Gabriel, the people of Sanctum, and the prisoners (minus the wife of the guy Raven sent to his death so that confrontation can happen at some point). These four factions aren't going to figure out live peaceably together.  They either go to separate hemispheres of the planet or only one is left standing.

Indra made a comment to Maddie that Clarke went to find "her"people.  It doesn't seem like Indra doesn't see them as Wonkru.  I think that the people that Skykru and the Grounders split by the end of the series. 

Knowing the history of the show, I think they won't be able to resist a call back to Pike and Bellamy wiping out all of Trikru except Indra.  I think Indra and the Grounders will wipe out everyone else and Clarke, and friends, with their "we'll do better" attitude will end up returning to learn this and breaking off because of it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

I started to check out when Clarke and the gang walked 2 km in the freezing cold with nary a discomfort.  You couldn't even see their breath.

Spider with a vertical mouth full of razor-sharp teeth -- it's been done before, see the 'Lost in Space' movie from the late 90s.

Interesting how Diyoza was that close to killing Hope with the knife into the helmet.  That might have been awkward.

So why aren't there more dead bodies piled up around the wormhole exit point on that ice cliff ?  Do the current crop of Bardans exit through the gift shop space slug every time they bring a body to Nakara ?  Because that seems really inconvenient.

Got to admit, I don't remember that symbol at all from Polis or the bunker or wherever they saw it on Earth.  Just not that memorable.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Clarke continues to have the patience of a saint by comforting Raven during her "I killed four people!" meltdown, and didn't roll her eyes and go "Those are amateur numbers, dear!"  Leadership material right there!

Especially since Raven's entire freakout was predicated on Clarke's apparent blithe and carefree ability to commit mass murder without giving a shit. I seriously wanted to kick her. Raven's always lived in Raven world and this was the worst example. And of course Clarke just a) takes it and b) empathises and comforts as though Raven didn't just paint her as some kind of mass murdering sociopath. 

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Raven and Clarke heart to hearts always make me a little irritated because even when Raven is guilt ridden she gets judgy of Clarke.

This

Has the Grounders language always been so understandable? 

Wait, I thought that was just me!! So weird. 

Echo is the worst

Jordan is the worst. But Echo's a close second. She's just such a one-dimensional psycho at this point. I'd say it was character assassination but she never had much of a character to begin with. 

6 hours ago, quarks said:

And ok, confirmation, I guess, that the bunker people back on Earth somehow or other found these stones or these stones found them, which raises a lot of questions and also makes me really question how good Mount Weather and the Ark were at monitoring things. 

I've spend the last couple of episodes going, "YES WE KNOW THAT BARDO IS EARTH, GET ON WITH IT" and I thought at last that this episode would have the gang going up to the surface and realising with shock and horror that this whole thing has been a giant narrative circle. But I guess that they need Clarke there to look in horror at the semi-submerged Statue of Liberty a la Planet of the Apes so it's been delayed an episode. 

This episode would have been a whole lot of nothing if it wasn't for Indra. 

Slim Sheidy is so boring and pointless. He can move on to the great mind drive in the sky any day now as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Slider said:

Did Bob Morley decide he wanted out of the show or what?  Six episodes, and no more than 15 seconds of Bellamy?

According to Jason Rothenberg:

"Bob chose to take some time off this season, and I think, speaking for him, that he was grateful that the studio was able to work out – and that the writers obviously were able to work out – a storyline in a way that enabled him to do that," he said.

Link

Seeing as on the last San Diego Comic Con Bob and Rothenberg had a falling out, Bob unfollowed Rothenberg on Twitter, and considering the fact that Bob isn't on any major promo-material, that he was absent from the shooting of the finale, the finale episode party (but his wife was there), etc, it seems like something big happened behind the scenes.

And Bob and Eliza have been mostly ignoring everything about the show and its PR this season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

This week, we not only go to Hoth, we get to see some aliens! Well, kind of, especially with a possibly living planet thing, but I think it totally counts. I have been hoping for some aliens and some truly weird planets ever since we left Earth, so this was a fun time, even if it forced Clarke into giving Raven yet another damn pep talk. I guess its good that she isn't taking these deaths lightly and probably has a bit more context as to why Clarke has done the stuff she has done, but sending four people to die? amateur hour! Most of the cast have been responsible for way more deaths than that, as messed up as that is. At least Raven is being less judgy towards Clarke, even if, even now, she can get a little "how do you do such evil things?!" in a way that still sounds judgy. I am totally down with more planets though, take a break from the forests of Canada. 

How has it taken this long to get so much Indra and Murphy interaction, its all super good. I love that Indra took charge, and that Murphy and Emori (still relationship goals) supported her and stood up for Maddi. Poor Maddi, she just wanted to play soccer with some other kids, and but she has to turn her commander on again, I am really glad that Indra took over instead, she will certainly do a better job anyway. 

Diyoza is sure a badass, I was a bit concerned though that she would accidentally stab Hope, and wouldn't that be ironic? Good news, found your mom! Bad news, she just stabbed you in the neck! So is Octavia going to end up hooking up with her doctor turned janitor? I caught a vibe there. I also love Gabe being the "seriously, stop with the killing!" guy throughout the whole mission. Echo on a murder rampage is going to end so badly. 

Sheidheda...continues to be a thing for some reason. Do we not already have enough going on without more Earth crap dogging us?

I did like this episode, one of the better ones this season so far, we seem to be actually making some progress.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

So...it wasn't a bad episode at all. I actually liked the Sanctum stuff (although I could have literally done without the Sheidheda scene with Nelson/Child of Gabriel de facto leader, and given those two minutes to more Nakara. 

The Nakara scenes were interesting but way too short and really only there for Raven/Clarke to bond over mass murder. It's also hard to fully sympathize with Raven since Clarke's killed hundreds of people without a blink and Raven has always judged Clarke for that. But it's nice to see Lindsey Morgan get a scene to really shine. She didn't get to last season so it's nice to see her take some charge again. I did like her talk with Clarke, nonetheless. Clarke, though, feels like she's a supporting character this season. She's literally done nothing. I know they're ramping up for her to become a big part of 7B, but still, not sure if I love the break. But I understand this could be because of real life circumstances (Eliza had a miscarriage around this time, which is why next week's episode is directed by Lindsey instead of her). 

But I did have a good laugh at Miller solving the Alien Creature devouring them by shooting their way to the Anomaly stone. And I enjoyed Niylah's joke at the beginning of the episode. I was hoping for Jordan to do a bit more as well. Overall, the Nakara plot was basically the B plot, which is disappointing since the press release and title made it seem like we'd get half the episode on Nakara. It seemed like they just didn't want to pretend that they were in a freezing cold climate. 

The Sanctum plot, besides the Sheiheda scene, was actually really good. Adina Porter is AWESOME. Indra is such a badass and it's about time she got her moment to shine as a leader. From her going to talk to Madi to her own version of claiming leadership through a fight, Indra was badass all the way through. I absolutely LOVED Murphy and Emori being Indra's cheerleaders, as well. If I can't get more Murphy in general, I'll take him being a supportive partner to Indra. Plus, we saw the potential back in season 3 when Murphy and Indra last interacted, so it's about time they reunited as badass partners. 

We also get to see Madi get a taste of normalcy. Her awkwardness around kids her own age make perfect sense. While they butchered Jordan's arc as a person who NEVER EVER EVER interacted with anyone other than his parents for 28 years, he was very well adjusted to social situations. So I'm glad they're showing Madi learning how to interact with people and I love how she ran off from Indra trying to make her Commander, as it's realistic that she might not want to now that the Flame is out of her head. And I see she's still drawing things that she probably saw when the Flame was in her head, which hints that she will also become a bigger part of 7B. 

Now, the only thing that pisses me off is them keeping Sheidheda alive. They do NOT need him. All they're doing is giving him the power to build an army and become a bigger problem than he is now. Because they have JR Bourne as a series regular, Sheidheda has that convenient plot armour and that frustrates me. If he didn't have Plot Armour, I bet Indra would have murdered him at the end of last episode. Because she knows that she doesn't need Sheidheda to keep the peace. 

Now, onto the final plot, which was the Bardo stuff. Ah, Echo continues to spiral downward. It just sucks that it looks like she's spiraling into a death arc. Again, as long as she's making a heroic sacrifice, I might be ok with it. Echo HAS been a great character but Jason HAS to know that she's been a hated character because of the shipping and the lack of true development for Echo. He has to know that ruining Echo like this is only bound to garner more hate. I do like Echo, even if I'm frustrated with her arc right now. 

Plus, yes, it doesn't feel like Echo, Gabriel, and Hope are people who were together for the last five years.

Also, Gabriel, dude, what are you doing? He just got them all recaptured. If HE didn't want to go out into the world, he had every right to stay behind. But he forced ALL of them to get recaptured, which could be bad long-term. I just fear that Gabriel just got one of them killed for sure, instead of them having a fighting chance out there. And, again, HE COULD HAVE STAYED. The rest could have gone and risked their lives. Plus, this is reminiscent of Mount Weather. Do we know if the people of Bardo were being told the truth about an unsurvivable planet? Because Anders is a goddamn cult leader so he should tell them that rain tastes like candy and they'd believe him because they don't know any better. 

Overall, it was a decent episode but they needed more focus on Nakara. And, furthermore, Clarke needs to start doing SOMETHING. I don't mind her taking a backseat but they've pushed her too far into the background. 

Also, I will say...as much as I'm annoyed with the main characters taking a backseat, I also love the different interactions we're getting this season. I do like the recurring characters getting to do something, but the issue is that there's too many of them. 

• Love 1

It's my week to say this felt like filler.  Still interested to see what happens next time.

17 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Has the Grounders language always been so understandable? It makes sense that its a version of English that morphed over a hundred years.  But Indra's fight to be Commander was the first time I noticed that I could understand the gist of most of what they were saying before looking at the translation.

Oh my word, yes. My secret pleasure -- or, I guess not secret pleasure, because I keep making fun of it openly -- is how the Grounder language is just slang terms with an accent. My favourite detail from this week is that "sun up, yo" means "good morning."

FWIW, I think Indra was speaking more clearly than people usually speak, and that made it more obvious.

15 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Interesting how Diyoza was that close to killing Hope with the knife into the helmet.  That might have been awkward.

And yet, what a perfect summary of having Diyoza as a mom. Hope and Jordan are really the opposite sides of what it's like to be raised by characters on this show.

(Also I LOL'd a how Diyoza had to escape in the most extra, gratuitously violent way possible).

9 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Especially since Raven's entire freakout was predicated on Clarke's apparent blithe and carefree ability to commit mass murder without giving a shit. I seriously wanted to kick her.

I thought that was funny. She's trying to say something sincere and vulnerable and what comes out is, "I don't understand how you're a psychopath like that, but I wish I could be one, too."

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Sheidheda...continues to be a thing for some reason. Do we not already have enough going on without more Earth crap dogging us?

When they were talking about what to do with Sheidheda, and they said, "If we kill him, everyone gets mad, and if we tell them he's not Russell, everyone gets mad -- OMG what do we do?" I was like, "IDK, maybe do the option where the Grounder Devil is dead? That seems like the best thing for everyone, if there's a riot no matter what."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SourK said:

My secret pleasure -- or, I guess not secret pleasure, because I keep making fun of it openly -- is how the Grounder language is just slang terms with an accent. My favourite detail from this week is that "sun up, yo" means "good morning."

That cracked me up too.

I still remember laughing over blood (used figuratively, as in your clan/family being your blood) being what sounded like kru juice a couple of seasons ago. Also, battle or fight being 'throw down'. Ha ha ha!

• Love 2
(edited)

I figured out pretty quickly that was no cave. Hey, I've seen Star Wars. 

I thought Diyozas's scenes at the beginning was an homage to Alias. For me at least, it reminded me of the scenes when Sydney was being tortured and brainwashed by The Covenant. 

What is Gabriel up to?  I'm confused. Did he really think they were all going to die on the surface or does he have ulterior motives? Because didn't one of them (Hope?) say to him something like, we have to go, you'll have to leave it. So, is he after something and decided he can't leave without it?

I'm loving the Indra, Murphy (I'm watching!) and Emori team up. Was anyone else expecting Indra to say, you are wonkru or you are the enemy of wonkru! when she won that fight? 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm loving the Indra, Murphy (I'm watching!) and Emori team up. Was anyone else expecting Indra to say, you are wonkru or you are the enemy of wonkru! when she won that fight? 

Same! The Indra/Murphy/Emori scenes are the only reason why I am liking the Sanctum plot. I love all three characters and love that Indra is getting her time to shine. Even though she's not a main character, she's an honorary main character. 

I'm also glad that Indra didn't go Octavia 2.0. People hated Blodreina for good reason so Indra needed to make her leadership different than Octavia's, so her "We are Wonkru" works very well for her.

Also, fun fact: Richard Harmon improved the "I'm gonna watch" line, which....makes sense. It felt like an improved line. 

4 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Because didn't one of them (Hope?) say to him something like, we have to go, you'll have to leave it. So, is he after something and decided he can't leave without it?

Was she referring to the anomaly stone? Because they were headed to the stone room when Levitt warned them away.

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Was she referring to the anomaly stone? Because they were headed to the stone room when Levitt warned them away.

Ok, I just rewatched the scene. When Gabriel tries to stop them, Echo says to the rest of them "he wants his answers. That's all he's ever wanted."  So, what answers? Lol I guess we'll find out. Or maybe it's been discussed before and I don't remember. But my question remains then, did he stop them from going to the surface because he thought it was suicide or are these "answers" so important to him that he was willing to give everyone up. 

38 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Ok, I just rewatched the scene. When Gabriel tries to stop them, Echo says to the rest of them "he wants his answers. That's all he's ever wanted."  So, what answers? Lol I guess we'll find out. Or maybe it's been discussed before and I don't remember. But my question remains then, did he stop them from going to the surface because he thought it was suicide or are these "answers" so important to him that he was willing to give everyone up. 

Okay, then, yeah both women were pretty much referring to the same thing. Gabriel has been studying the anomaly for 150+ years, and they now know the stones are tied to the anomaly, so of course getting to the stone and studying it more is going to be the most important thing to him.

I don't understand (yet) why he didn't just let them go to the surface without him insteading of tazing them and dooming them all to capture, but we'll see how it plays out.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Plus, yes, it doesn't feel like Echo, Gabriel, and Hope are people who were together for the last five years.

Yeah. I really think we needed a line or two of dialogue there at least suggesting that one or two of them had gone off to explore more of the planet for a year or so. Especially since a) exploring more of the planet would have made sense - that could have helped them find additional food/resources or even another anomaly thing  - and b) would have been in character for both Echo and Gabriel. 

As it is, though, I am having severe problems seeing these three as people who lived in the same house and trained together and worked together for the past five years. They should all either hate each other more, or be more of a team. Right now they are coming across more as three people that met at a random bar and for whatever reason decided to go to an escape room together that same night. 

• Love 3

Echo saved Levitt's life, she's not a pyscho.

I  wonder where the story is going with Gabriel who killed babies to start his mess, killed his son for continuing it, but couldn't kill Russell to end it. Now that his one hundred and something years alive will be combed through, maybe he'll start to have accountability and gain some perspective. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:58 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Now, onto the final plot, which was the Bardo stuff. Ah, Echo continues to spiral downward. It just sucks that it looks like she's spiraling into a death arc. Again, as long as she's making a heroic sacrifice, I might be ok with it. Echo HAS been a great character but Jason HAS to know that she's been a hated character because of the shipping and the lack of true development for Echo. He has to know that ruining Echo like this is only bound to garner more hate. I do like Echo, even if I'm frustrated with her arc right now. 

Also, Gabriel, dude, what are you doing? He just got them all recaptured. If HE didn't want to go out into the world, he had every right to stay behind. But he forced ALL of them to get recaptured, which could be bad long-term. I just fear that Gabriel just got one of them killed for sure, instead of them having a fighting chance out there. And, again, HE COULD HAVE STAYED. The rest could have gone and risked their lives. Plus, this is reminiscent of Mount Weather. Do we know if the people of Bardo were being told the truth about an unsurvivable planet? Because Anders is a goddamn cult leader so he should tell them that rain tastes like candy and they'd believe him because they don't know any better. 

I agree about the death arc for Echo. It really seems like the writers are making her such an unlikeable character so we won't care when she's killed.

I couldn't believe Gabriel got them captured again. I think my first thought was ugh then booooring!

Holy crap, Diyoza took a page right out of Rick Grimes playbook with the bite to the throat.

More Murphy, Emori and Indra Please.