Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PRgal

Lenox Hill

Who is currently binging on this?  I started watching on Friday, but I haven't been able to watch more than 2 1/2 episodes a day, so I still have a couple left.   

• Like 2

I am.  Just reached episode 8- it’s taking me a shockingly long time to get through it.   I really like it though.  Especially the neurology docs... they show these cases in such a way that you get attached to these patients.   I like the pregnant OB/GYN although I keep thinking there is something off about her husband.  I found it really interesting that her baby has Noonan’s Syndrome since my friend’s daughter has it.  I kind of hoped that they would talk more about it though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I am.  Just reached episode 8- it’s taking me a shockingly long time to get through it.   I really like it though.  Especially the neurology docs... they show these cases in such a way that you get attached to these patients.   I like the pregnant OB/GYN although I keep thinking there is something off about her husband.  I found it really interesting that her baby has Noonan’s Syndrome since my friend’s daughter has it.  I kind of hoped that they would talk more about it though. 

Do you think Amanda’s husband is a bit resentful/jealous of her success?  Or maybe he’s just he awkward type....

11 hours ago, PRgal said:

Do you think Amanda’s husband is a bit resentful/jealous of her success?  Or maybe he’s just he awkward type....

He seems awkward...really awkward.  During the scenes when they are alone together he acts much less awkward.   During any scene when they are at the hospital with her coworkers he acts very odd...like the clapping during the ultrasound scene.  A few times I was wondering if he might be on the spectrum to be honest 

• Like 1

I just finished this. I thought it was really interesting. There's such a stereotype about surgeons that they're cold, all they want to do is cut, patients are just opportunities to cut to them, not people, and I'm really happy this showed how much they truly cared for their patients. I'm sure there are extremes on either side of the spectrum, but it was nice to see truly caring surgeons.  For all the doctors, I really admired their commitment to being forthright with their patients and showing them the respect of not sugar coating devastating prognoses. 

• Like 5

On 6/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, PRgal said:

I'm only 4 episodes in, but I don't think that at all.  He moved from California to NY to support her during her residency.  He's flying back and forth across the country to keep running his business.  He's probably just jet lagged.  During her ultrasound, she says how grateful she is that he can ask the practical questions and that he has totally researched Noonan's syndrome.  Anyone who isn't a professional actor can come across awkwardly on camera.

My mother died of jaw and tongue cancer so this hits close to home.  Especially the doctor who is worried about his face being disfigured if they operate.

• Like 4

I am LOVING this. this group of drs are amazing, and I have totally new respect for these neurosurgeons. I loved the African American Ob (forget her name ) who was such a great coach in labor. really amazing show.

• Like 2

I'm only on episode 6, but I'm obsessed. I'll likely finish the last 3 today! 🙂

• Like 2

I am loving it as well.  Some things surprised me....like the ER doc not knowing that the bottom number is more important with blood pressure.  I find myself getting really involved with them all, but David the neurologist is my fav.  He is just so kind.  

New episode alert!  Netflix just dropped a special episode on how the hospital has handled Covid! 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Unbelievable bravery on the part of those who face this virus every day.  And sacrificing time with their families to keep THEM safe.

• Like 2

It was very, very powerful.  Probably more so because we feel like we know those drs featured.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 4:39 PM, PRgal said:

New episode alert!  Netflix just dropped a special episode on how the hospital has handled Covid! 

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I’m just starting this episode and it’s like watching the first bit of Chernobyl. 

• Like 1

It's an extraordinary series - it hit me like The Keepers did a couple of years ago.   Beautiful and painful at the same time. 

You can't pay doctors and nurses enough during this time.  

• Like 3

Binged this over the last few days. Loved the first 8 episodes, but the last episode. Wow. When they showed the first shot with the date - March 9th, there’s just an overwhelming feeling of dread because I know what’s about to happen, yet the doctors on my screen don’t. 

• Like 1

I binged this over the last couple of days and loved it! So many people have the perception of doctors that they are arrogant, dismissive, and don't really listen to patients but I know and have worked with physicians who are incredible people and don't fit that stereotype at all. I really liked all of the doctors profiled here, but I think Amanda was my favourite. I felt like her personality hit the right balance of confident and gentle to put an anxious birthing woman at ease.

• Like 1