Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

This was a really entertaining episode.  It was not focused on the cast (although we do see quick snippets of Giancarlo Esposito and Carl Weathers on the set), but I enjoyed seeing Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, the round table of directors and the round table of behind-the-scenes people talking about the inside Star Wars references, and which creatures or props in The Mandalorian were originally seen in other Star Wars projects (or, in one case, in a Star Wars toy commercial).  It was a lot of fun, and informative.

Two surprising things I learned from this episode are that:

1)  Mark Hamill voiced one of the characters in The Mandalorian (of course it was in Chapter 5, the Tatooine episode)!!!!  I have not seen or heard one single person or Star Wars-focused YouTube channel mention this bit of trivia, so I am guessing that no one knew about it; and

2) The X-wing  that was used at the end of Chapter 6 (when we see Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow and Rick Famuyiwa in their cockpits, about to blow up the ship with the guy that Mando put a tracker on) now resides in Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios in Florida!!  (We don't have that same X-wing in Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in California, sadly).

Favreau and Filoni really seem like kids in a candy store with this series, and they seem to have a fun, playful banter between them.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I am sad to see this Gallery series come to an end, because now there is a 4-month wait for Season 2, and we won't even get a panel at Comic-Con or at Star Wars Celebration.  Gallery served as a nice complement to The Mandalorian's first season.  I think that Disney might do a Gallery series for one of their other projects in the future, but I can't see any reason for them to do a Season 2 of Gallery just for The Mandalorian again.  There wouldn't be much ground to cover as far as showing us how things are done.

Edited to add:  Slash Film wrote an article about a lot of the little tidbits revealed in this Gallery episode --

"Discover Mark Hamill’s Secret Role in ‘The Mandalorian’ and Other Surprises in the First Season"

Also, I know that some people are expecting to see some sort of Mandalorian Season 2 trailer in conjunction with the final Gallery episode today.  At most, we'd probably just see a short teaser, if anything, because I think they still have a a lot of VFX work to finish.  We'll see if anything pops up by the end of the day, but I am not counting on it.

But I still think that either July or August is more realistic to expect the first full Season 2 trailer.  I've been saying here for months that Comic-Con in July and/or Celebration in August were the most likely times to look at as far as possibly getting new Mando news/trailers/panels -- that has not changed as far as thinking July and/or August are when we should expect to see a trailer.  The only difference now is that, with Celebration not happening in any form (as far as we know right now), it gives the Comic-Con virtual event in July a slight advantage.  Even though Comic-Con is doing a virtual event instead of the actual convention, and even though Star Wars Celebration is apparently not doing anything -- in person or online -- I still think that we will see a trailer around the time we would have seen it in conjunction with either Comic-Con or Celebration.  

I could be totally wrong and maybe Disney and Lucasfilm have some surprises up their sleeves, but July-August seems to make the most sense for a trailer given what we know of the current status of Comic-Con and Celebration.  We'll see!

I keep thinking that someone, somewhere, will throw together a dedicated Mandalorian panel discussion and trailer premiere since Celebration is not happening, but I don't know who would do it or when it would happen.  It would seem like a missed opportunity if it didn't happen, since The Mandalorian is such a big hit for Disney+ and for Star Wars in general.  The promotion and press for Mando, Season 2 should start ramping up by late August, and then building up throughout September -- but I don't think Disney will wait until September to show us the first trailer.

Edited by TVFan17
Added in link from Slash Film article this morning & added extra comments

This episode was brilliant. I loved everything about it from starting to finish. I loved seeing where they pulled characters from and why. 

Loved all the BTS information from the directors and producers. Feloni really is a treasure. 

I'm sad to see this series end. 

• Love 4

This and the Child sections in "Practical" were my favorites of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian. This final episode was so charming and endearing. A love letter to the Star Wars universe and the people who love it. When they gave this 501 group this special treat I almost cried.  You could see how thrilled they were to be included in the production.

I have liked Jon Favreau before this show because I had been watching him on The Chef Show.  And he is of course a very big deal in the MCU.  He is a brilliant person and so low key about it.  He, Feloni and all the rest of the creators - Star Wars is lucky to have them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

This and the Child sections in "Practical" were my favorites of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian. This final episode was so charming and endearing. A love letter to the Star Wars universe and the people who love it. When they gave this 501 group this special treat I almost cried.  You could see how thrilled they were to be included in the production.

I have liked Jon Favreau before this show because I had been watching him on The Chef Show.  And he is of course a very big deal in the MCU.  He is a brilliant person and so low key about it.  He, Feloni and all the rest of the creators - Star Wars is lucky to have them.

Sad to say, but before Jon Favreau made his mark here, I remembered him best as Pete Becker, a wealthy guy Monica Geller dated in Season 3 of Friends for a few episodes that decided he wanted to be an Ultimate Fighting Champion and got the snot beat out of him.  😛 Last scene I recall is Monica visiting Pete as he lay in a body cast or something.  😛

Here is a 2016 article with Favreau talking about poor Pete:

Poor Pete Becker, UFC Wannabe!

• Love 1