Type keyword(s) to search

Supermarket Sweep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The show needs to ditch the actors who play the flower/coffee people. They just waste time and seriously, what is wrong with these people just passing the inflatables and then going: "oh yeah, I should grab that now with 10 seconds left." Team Chocolate guy was a moron, he kept trying to grab items without a basket and they weren't even on the shopping list. No wonder they lost. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I’m so confused over the first episode tonight.  Why didn’t they total the blue team’s buggy?  I rewound it even and never saw an explanation or total for them???  Did I miss something?

The blue team in the first half Team Chocolate total was $1417 and the blues in the second half Team Sweets had $3349. Leslie did the total differently in the 2nd half where she added everything but their inflatable because they got the super bonus and depending on which tag they pulled, it would determine who would go for the Super Sweep. Build suspense. 

Yeah we've seen her do that a few times; when the totals are close enough that the multi-choice inflateable will make a difference, they'll total everything BUT the inflateable, and then have them pull the total at the reveal to decide the winner. 

This was the first time I was like no, don't go for the 50,000. I knew the team in the second game weren't going to get it. That was actually a harder guess than normal. The answer for the clue wasn't the most known brand. Yes, I'm sure a good amount of people know it but it's not Wheaties.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

I'm actually enjoying Leslie's blathering more than watching the contestants. That she calls the man players "Boo" cracks me up. I was glad the two women winners in the first half hour didn't go for the $100,000. That doesn't always work out so well, so glad they were not greedy.

I don't even remember the winners of the second match. My mind had wandered by then.

• Love 1

The second match winners were a somewhat bland couple (I skip intros so don't know their relation). For the final sweep they were pretty consistent and tackled things fairly smartly, but I found they were slow, like they didn't have the energy for the final sweep. 

As noted, when they got the last clue, they should've checked out. I could tell they just didn't seem to have the right drive to risk the next clue. As for the clue itself, I've never heard of that. And it seems going to the canned food area wasn't enough to find it. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

The second match winners were a somewhat bland couple (I skip intros so don't know their relation). For the final sweep they were pretty consistent and tackled things fairly smartly, but I found they were slow, like they didn't have the energy for the final sweep. 

I think they were siblings.  I also missed some of the intros but Leslie mentioned that it was an all family round.

They did seem slow in the final round.  It has made me realize that if you have less than 30 seconds left (after the seconds are added) then you shouldn't risk it.  Maybe 10 extra seconds would have helped them find Dinty Moore.  That is not a brand that came to mind right away; although once they said it, I had heard of it.

21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think they were siblings.  I also missed some of the intros but Leslie mentioned that it was an all family round.

They did seem slow in the final round.  It has made me realize that if you have less than 30 seconds left (after the seconds are added) then you shouldn't risk it.  Maybe 10 extra seconds would have helped them find Dinty Moore.  That is not a brand that came to mind right away; although once they said it, I had heard of it.

I remember Leslie said they were cute. It was one of the times that I knew the answer immediately and was screaming at the TV.

The one thing about this game if you have no clue about the product, you are screwed unless you can get in the general vicinity and spot it. I kept on yelling for them to go to the soup isle.

I only know the product name because a show I used to watch was set in the 70's and had a really disgusting scene around this exact brand (worst product placement ever).

I love Supermarket Sweep and I like Leslie Jones but they have not quite figured out the formula for this show, yet. 

Still, I am happy that it is back on. However, my 8 year old daughter asked me what a pimp was after one of Leslie's comments.

Is it me or is the way they are filming the big sweep not as good as the original? That is my biggest problem with the show (not, Leslie, who I like quit a bit). The old show's big sweep just felt soooo satisfying. Now, it just feels a little strange and artificial. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The one thing about this game if you have no clue about the product, you are screwed unless you can get in the general vicinity and spot it. I kept on yelling for them to go to the soup isle.

While true, it's usually pretty obvious where they should go. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

However, my 8 year old daughter asked me what a pimp was after one of Leslie's comments.

Wow, how did you get out of that one? LOL!

Reading here, now I remember Dinty Moore was the answer to the last clue. But as in real life, I wouldn't know where to look for it. Canned meat aisle? Next to Spam? Or soup aisle, next to Chunky? How about near the corned beef hash in a can ... wherever that is.

Maybe on this show, canned meat, soup and CB hash is all together ... wherever that is.

We kids used to get served Dinty Moore for dinner on occasion. Haven't had it since then though. But I can mentally picture the can, clear as day. I def could have located it if I could have found the right aisle.

Edited by saber5055
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Wow, how did you get out of that one? LOL!

Reading here, now I remember Dinty Moore was the answer to the last clue. But as in real life, I wouldn't know where to look for it. Canned meat aisle? Next to Spam? Or soup aisle, next to Chunky? How about near the corned beef hash in a can ... wherever that is.

Maybe on this show, canned meat, soup and CB hash is all together ... wherever that is.

We kids used to get served Dinty Moore for dinner on occasion. Haven't had it since then though. But I can mentally picture the can, clear as day. I def could have located it if I could have found the right aisle.

Told her, "Not a very nice person" and that it was an inappropriate word...lol😄

Can you imagine the original host using that word...still love Leslie.

• LOL 2
On 11/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, readster said:

The show needs to ditch the actors who play the flower/coffee people. They just waste time and seriously, what is wrong with these people just passing the inflatables and then going: "oh yeah, I should grab that now with 10 seconds left."

The wasting time is the point of those, but it's so frustrating to watch. I really prefer the setup where they need to find the coffee cup with their name on it.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:05 PM, qtpye said:

Is it me or is the way they are filming the big sweep not as good as the original? That is my biggest problem with the show (not, Leslie, who I like quit a bit). The old show's big sweep just felt soooo satisfying. Now, it just feels a little strange and artificial. 

I agree about the sweep still being a bit off. Leslie seemed to talk a bit more about the prices for things in this episode, so maybe they're still finding their way? They seem to be trying to create chaos. In the original, contestants couldn't knock stuff over--they'd be penalized for stuff on the floor. But this version doesn't seem to mind. I wonder if part of the problem, too, is that there are SO many aisles? They're all quite short, so there's a lot more turning corners, etc.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, springbarb said:

The wasting time is the point of those, but it's so frustrating to watch. I really prefer the setup where they need to find the coffee cup with their name on it.

I agree about the sweep still being a bit off. Leslie seemed to talk a bit more about the prices for things in this episode, so maybe they're still finding their way? They seem to be trying to create chaos. In the original, contestants couldn't knock stuff over--they'd be penalized for stuff on the floor. But this version doesn't seem to mind. I wonder if part of the problem, too, is that there are SO many aisles? They're all quite short, so there's a lot more turning corners, etc.

Didn't Leslie claim this was a real Supermarket in one episode?  I could swear I heard her say that. Of course different supermarkets have totally different aisle arrangements. 

As for the knocking stuff over, Leslie's big issue was a contestant putting it back. But she did say the alternative was putting it in the cart. It was clear that just leaving it on the ground wasn't allowed. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

Didn't Leslie claim this was a real Supermarket in one episode?  I could swear I heard her say that. Of course different supermarkets have totally different aisle arrangements. 

As for the knocking stuff over, Leslie's big issue was a contestant putting it back. But she did say the alternative was putting it in the cart. It was clear that just leaving it on the ground wasn't allowed. 

It’s not a real market. I think I read “somewhere” that it was set up at an old airport hangar. I think the reason it’s seems artificial is because there’s no audience which I find makes a more fun experience. You don’t notice so much on a show like Jeopardy but this show & The Price is Right needs audience energy to put it over. Drew Carey seems to be begging the viewers to stick with them because that show just does not seem the same without the encouragement from the people. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, springbarb said:

3 hours ago, HelenBaby said:

It’s not a real market. I think I read “somewhere” that it was set up at an old airport hangar. I think the reason it’s seems artificial is because there’s no audience which I find makes a more fun experience. You don’t notice so much on a show like Jeopardy but this show & The Price is Right needs audience energy to put it over. Drew Carey seems to be begging the viewers to stick with them because that show just does not seem the same without the encouragement from the people. 

The old show really did feel like it was taking place in a real supermarket...at least one from the nineties. When I go to the supermarket I think about how cool it would be if I could just run through the aisles and get 5 gold wrapped hams (remember those?) and most of the totals came from the grocery shopping itself (the drug and beauty aisle was always a great place to go).

Here, it feels like a Hollywood set and I do miss the awesome dorky energy of the audience (who were often just future contestants since they would file like a ton of these in just a couple of days). Also, it feels like it is more about the bonuses than the shopping

• Love 1

I suspect a lot of the current 'look' is to accomadate COVID requirements. While contestants do end up bumping into eachother a lot (especially on the first sweep), they need room to keep the camera people out of shot (mostly) and to short cut around a bit. 

It looks like this 'market' is basically made up of 2 8-ft stretches of shelving per section. Most grocery stores of any size would have 4 or 5 of these sections per aisle, which is why this one feels so broken up. (Even GGG's market uses at least 4 sections, if not 5-6 sections per aisle). The set up ultimately is probably designed to make filming easier, and to make the sweep more exciting since contestants won't be running up and down long aisles as much; they can shortcut to where they think they need to go easier. 

Like all game shows, a live audience certainly helps to energize the games. But I don't think it's as essential to Sweep as it is to TPIR or Let's Make a Deal. It wouldn't hurt to have a live audience eventually; but I doubt it would change much in the end. 

13 hours ago, Kromm said:

I didn't catch that leaving it on the ground wasn't allowed.  I thought Leslie's issue was that they were wasting time putting the fallen stuff back, when they could have either put it in their cart (and got credit for it), or left it (and spent the time they saved getting more items).

• Love 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, Irlandesa said:

They didn't seem that bright. You could see it in how slow they did things in that sweep, how slow the guy read the clue, how unaware they seemed to be about how little time they had and how little they'd STILL have with the added time. They were lucky to even get the 25k and clearly should have stopped. 

• Love 2

That final clue was so hard, especially since Demi Moore is no longer the most current Demi. I'm probably 10-15 years older than those contestants looked, and my first thought when I saw "Demi" was Lovato. Once I saw the rhyming word was "sure," it still took me a beat to think Demi Moore. Even then, I only came up with Dinty Moore thanks to some long-buried memory of my grandma buying it (or talking about it?) in the 80s. I know I've never eaten it. Is it in the soup aisle? I assume yes, since stew is kinda soup-adjacent?

I thought that third clue was also difficult. I've never heard of Native deodorant. Though the entire selection of deodorant is way less items to look through than every. SINGLE. THING. in the canned goods aisle.

Edited by dvr devotee
Mixed up my Demis and my Moores!
4 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

That final clue was so hard, especially since Demi Moore is no longer the most current Moore. I'm probably 10-15 years older than those contestants looked, and my first thought when I saw "Demi" was Lovato. Once I saw the rhyming word was "sure," it still took me a beat to think Demi Moore. Even then, I only came up with Dinty Moore thanks to some long-buried memory of my grandma buying it (or talking about it?) in the 80s. I know I've never eaten it. Is it in the soup aisle? I assume yes, since stew is kinda soup-adjacent?

I thought that third clue was also difficult. I've never heard of Native deodorant. Though the entire selection of deodorant is way less items to look through than every. SINGLE. THING. in the canned goods aisle.

I'm younger than Demi Moore by a few years and remember Dinty Moore from back in the day very well and I still didn't get that clue even though I get most others.  I was like who even thinks about Dinty Moore beef stew any more, LOL?  I know they still sell it, but still.  That's like remembering old, forgotten cigarette brands from decades ago.  And I agree that it's one of those items that could be either in the soup section or the canned meat section, and those are not always close together.

And yeah, I never heard of Native deodorant.  I was shocked to find out it's in stock in Target and Walmart near me.  It's supposedly $12.00, though!  Unbelievable!  I definitely think that one was a little unfair even though the deodorant section is small.  That brand is not even as well known as Tom's of Maine.

9 hours ago, Swenson said:

After more than a month of this, the gimmicks have worn thin and I'm no longer watching.  If it doesn't earn renewal so be it.

I would be very surprised if it's not renewed.  This has to be rather cheap to make and it performs rather well for ABC. For instance, its last episode was only behind 60 Minutes and The Simpsons in the non-football demo for Sunday night.

• Love 3

Was happy the team with the contestant from the older version won. While they had a lot of time, I probably would not have gone for the 100k like they did, but I'm glad it worked out.

For the second team, their second clue was a hell of a lot harder than was probably intended; that clue should have been a 5th clue (for 100k) not a second one. I had no clue what it was hinting at and was thinking "gin" as my first guess but I knew that wasn't right. "Cinnamon" wasn't even on my radar. The clue should probably have had "spice" in it somehow with a bit more emphasis. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

Was happy the team with the contestant from the older version won. While they had a lot of time, I probably would not have gone for the 100k like they did, but I'm glad it worked out.

I was screaming "don't do it" because they didn't really have a lot of time, IMO. From what we've seen, 24 seconds isn't that much. I think once you're in the red, it's a risk to keep going.

14 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

For the second team, their second clue was a hell of a lot harder than was probably intended

It was.  I knew it was cinnamon because I knew what was in a Snickerdoodle but it was the first clue I can think of that didn't really indicate where to look. The only product mentioned was cookies. I think they should have said something like "These cookies are known to contain the spice of _____"  Just to send them to the spice aisle. 

• Love 2

I thought the clue said something about "baked into it" or "in it" and the one thing about snickerdoodles is they have cinnamon.  It's like the only thing about them.  They are cinnamon cookies.  So even though it took me a beat, I still thought of it quickly and was trying to mentally will them, through space and time, to the baking aisle. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I thought the clue said something about "baked into it" or "in it" and the one thing about snickerdoodles is they have cinnamon. 

I am pretty sure the clue said "flavored with".  The trouble with that is "flavored with" doesn't tell you where to go in the store if you don't automatically know that cinnamon is associated with the Snickerdoodle.  In previous games, even if you didn't know the specific answer/brand, the clue gave enough away that you'd know the product category you'd need to find.  Something like this cereal can do no harm, everyone looks for the pot of gold in __________.

So even if you don't know that Lucky Charms is the answer, you know enough to go to the cereal aisle.

• Love 1

Agree that the Snickerdoodle clue stunk. I had no idea. Yeah, I know it's a cookie, but it's flavored with ... what. Go to the cookie aisle or where. It's suppose to rhyme with GRIN, so the only thing I could come up with, and what I yelled at the tv was ASPIRIN.

Yeah, it should have said "flavored with this spice called ..." I've never made Snickerdoodles so have no idea of its ingredients.

I loved that the first team got the $100,000 though. That rocked.

I was wondering what someone who isn't familiar with Leslie Jones thinks of this show. She really is OTT. I guess most watchers are SNL viewers too.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Agree that the Snickerdoodle clue stunk. I had no idea. Yeah, I know it's a cookie, but it's flavored with ... what. Go to the cookie aisle or where. It's suppose to rhyme with GRIN, so the only thing I could come up with, and what I yelled at the tv was ASPIRIN.

Yeah, it should have said "flavored with this spice called ..." I've never made Snickerdoodles so have no idea of its ingredients.

I loved that the first team got the $100,000 though. That rocked.

I was wondering what someone who isn't familiar with Leslie Jones thinks of this show. She really is OTT. I guess most watchers are SNL viewers too.

When she was pretending she couldn't see that lady's tiny engagement ring...I was like damn Leslie...not all of us are millionaires.

I am a big fan of hers but probably would not like her if all I knew of her was this show.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

When she was pretending she couldn't see that lady's tiny engagement ring...I was like damn Leslie...not all of us are millionaires.

I am a big fan of hers but probably would not like her if all I knew of her was this show.

I wouldn't take any of it seriously whether it was my first time seeing her or not. She's joking around. She's a comedian. That's all I take it as. Her wanting the teams win is always genuine. She's always a very generous person from the things I've seen. She's alright with me. 

I also like the energy she brings to the table. It's just a fun/breezy show. I have fun with it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I wouldn't take any of it seriously whether it was my first time seeing her or not. She's joking around. She's a comedian. That's all I take it as. Her wanting the teams win is always genuine. She's always a very generous person from the things I've seen. She's alright with me. 

I also like the energy she brings to the table. It's just a fun/breezy show. I have fun with it.

This is my first time seeing her and I have to tune out some of her antics because I find them to be pretty grating.  Sometimes her energy is OTT.  At first I thought it was going to be a deal breaker for me, but I like the show enough to put up with it.  I don't have anything against her, she seems nice, it's just that I find her hella annoying as a host.  I noticed that in the past couple of episodes she hasn't make a big deal about the sweatshirts like she had been, which is fine with me. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

This is my first time seeing her and I have to tune out some of her antics because I find them to be pretty grating.  Sometimes her energy is OTT.  At first I thought it was going to be a deal breaker for me, but I like the show enough to put up with it.  I don't have anything against her, she seems nice, it's just that I find her hella annoying as a host.  I noticed that in the past couple of episodes she hasn't make a big deal about the sweatshirts like she had been, which is fine with me. 

I feel like, in general, the show doesn't always lean on certain aspects from game to game. Like, the first game this week, it felt really straightforward. Less wacky workers and banter. But, it was all there in the second game. So, whether one likes certain aspects outside of the games or not, it's not happening all the time which I think is cool. 

Leslie will always be Leslie though. It's a take it or leave situation. I've never seen her in a position where she doesn't keep the same energy. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I think an acid test for people with Leslie is if they enjoy the Game of Jones segments with Seth Meyers.  If you can't stand her in that, you won't be able to stand her in anything. If you can?  Then there's at least a chance, not a sure thing, you might enjoy her elsewhere.  

The yellow clue words were "win a grin," and the clue also did say "bake," so I was willing them towards the baking aisle, but I'm a huge baker and still could not come up with cinnamon.

...but I was kinda glad they didn't win the big money, since they wouldn't have gotten to the big money final sweep without the other team's inflatable (what was that called on the old version of the show? Because it definitely wasn't called an inflatable). Yes, I know the other team screwed up by not getting the damn thing actually across the line, but I could kinda, sorta, maybe see where the other dude got confused.

I was confused in the first game, though. The one team dragged that enormous stuffed teddy bear across the line, and I thought it was one of the bonuses, but they didn't have to pull the tag off nor was it mentioned at all when Leslie was giving the final totals. So does that mean there were actually three of those giant bears somewhere in the store?

Edited by dvr devotee
  • Love 1

Yeah, there seems to be a cluster of the huge teddy bears near the Florist area, probably a limit of 1 per sweeper. So if you want to take the time to snag one and drag it across, you can get it (And it is 300$ retail apparently; not a bonus or anything like that). That's why the bear wasn't part of their props during the total; though sometimes they will have it there anyways just for looks. 

11 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

The yellow clue words were "win a grin," and the clue also did say "bake," so I was willing them towards the baking aisle, but I'm a huge baker and still could not come up with cinnamon.

...but I was kinda glad they didn't win the big money, since they wouldn't have gotten to the big money final sweep without the other team's inflatable (what was that called on the old version of the show? Because it definitely wasn't called an inflatable). Yes, I know the other team screwed up by not getting the damn thing actually across the line, but I could kinda, sorta, maybe see where the other dude got confused.

I was confused in the first game, though. The one team dragged that enormous stuffed teddy bear across the line, and I thought it was one of the bonuses, but they didn't have to pull the tag off nor was it mentioned at all when Leslie was giving the final totals. So does that mean there were actually three of those giant bears somewhere in the store?

Yeah, it seems that there's always a $300 item--sometimes it's the bears, sometimes it's the cooler. It's just counted as part of the total, but it's generally a bit unwieldy.

I think in the original, what this is calling "inflatables" were just called "bonuses" or "bonus items" or something like that.

For the clue, my boyfriend guessed "margarine", which does seem somewhat close; I managed to come up with cinnamon, but that was one of the harder clues that they've had on this show.

I'm hoping that, assuming this gets renewed, they're going through some growing pains. The things I don't care for are minor and can be changed easily, like the inept workers. That's probably my biggest gripe, tbh. It makes the show feel hokey when it otherwise doesn't.

I'm a big fan of the Ruprecht era version, but this one is overall okay with me so far. I find some of the changes interesting in a good way, like the mini-sweep being a "whoever gets there first" kind of deal. And I like Leslie Jones as the new host, for the most part. She's friendly and clearly having fun. Sometimes the yelling feels a bit much, but I do laugh at how she shouts "sweep"; it sounds like "SWAAAAAYP" and I sort of love it, I won't lie.

• Love 4
On 12/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, dvr devotee said:

It looked to me like the bear was a unique special bonus with a special amount attached to it, which was added up with the other bonuses at the end.  It wasn't like the inflatables where you have to peel off the tag to find out what it's worth.  But because there is no second announcer no one explained that to the audience.

13 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

And I like Leslie Jones as the new host, for the most part. She's friendly and clearly having fun. Sometimes the yelling feels a bit much, but I do laugh at how she shouts "sweep"; it sounds like "SWAAAAAYP" and I sort of love it, I won't lie.

I probably would like Leslie at least 50% more if she would just stop with that one annoying thing.

• Love 1

On last night's episode, I was SO GLAD the muscle dudes did not win the Big Sweep. And same for the couple whose woman partner was wearing the crop top. Enough already. The guys being named Team Meatball IMO referred to their brains, not biceps.

It was mind boggling to see two different team members bending over the inflatable banana and both ignoring it while they grabbed stuff of the shelves behind it. In fact, pretty much everyone ignored the inflatables. Did Leslie forget to tell them they are worth $ ?

The guy who was grabbing those little bottles of spices clearly does not grocery shop IRL. A $3 bottle of marjoram isn't the same as a $50 turkey.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the universe who has never heard of Stagg chili since those contestants obviously had not either. I looked it up online afterward and it is indeed a real product made by Hormel. Guess I've never thought of buying chili in a can when it's so easy to make with fresh ingredients.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

On last night's episode, I was SO GLAD the muscle dudes did not win the Big Sweep. And same for the couple whose woman partner was wearing the crop top. Enough already. The guys being named Team Meatball IMO referred to their brains, not biceps.

It was mind boggling to see two different team members bending over the inflatable banana and both ignoring it while they grabbed stuff of the shelves behind it. In fact, pretty much everyone ignored the inflatables. Did Leslie forget to tell them they are worth $ ?

The guy who was grabbing those little bottles of spices clearly does not grocery shop IRL. A $3 bottle of marjoram isn't the same as a $50 turkey.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the universe who has never heard of Stagg chili since those contestants obviously had not either. I looked it up online afterward and it is indeed a real product made by Hormel. Guess I've never thought of buying chili in a can when it's so easy to make with fresh ingredients.

Something I have noticed is that Leslie tells them about the bonuses constantly. People just seem to zoom by them. I remember in past series as soon as someone saw them, they grabbed and ran or at least tried to put them in their baskets. The one couple even said: "Why didn't we grab the bonus?" It makes no sense, I mean these are like in obvious spots. In the 80-90s version they were sometimes hard to see or were in the oddest of places. These are like right on top of them and they are: "oh umm... need to grab more boxes of kit kats." What?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Who hasn't heard of Stagg Chili?   It's only the BEST canned chili you can buy!  However, I rarely find it on sale and it's pretty expensive....up to 50 cents to a dollar more than other brands.

38 minutes ago, Swenson said:

Who hasn't heard of Stagg Chili?   It's only the BEST canned chili you can buy!

*Raises hand.* Me. Never heard of it. And, in response, why would ANYONE buy CANNED chili? Just ... yuck. Brown some ground beef, throw in some tomatoes and beans (if you want beans), add some spices and you've got a big pot of delicious chili, enough for four people, and at less cost than a can of that chili I've never heard of.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Swenson said:

Who hasn't heard of Stagg Chili?   It's only the BEST canned chili you can buy!  However, I rarely find it on sale and it's pretty expensive....up to 50 cents to a dollar more than other brands.

I'd never heard of Stagg chili.  The weird thing is I actually guessed Stag based on the clue but I would have had no clue where to look for it.

I wanted to see the first two contestants go for it as they seemed to be really good with the clues.

• Love 2

I've never heard of Stagg chili either.  We have Hormel Chili marketed as Hormel not Stagg. This must be another regional thing like the Wise chips. I knew the answer to the clue was stag but would have no clue where to look. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

I've never heard of Stagg chili either.  We have Hormel Chili marketed as Hormel not Stagg. This must be another regional thing like the Wise chips. I knew the answer to the clue was stag but would have no clue where to look. 

Same here, seen Hormel constant over the years. I have heard of Stagg, but my wife even said: "What's that?"

• Love 2