Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 6/15/2020

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes! My niece has been sheltering in place and had her baby on Saturday. It has not been easy but I can assure you that buying a crib in person was the least thing on her mind. The procedures she had to go through to be in hospital were troubling and challenging, but she did it. All she has been worried about is the health of her baby. Not buying a fucking crib. Oh, and she is not an heiress.

P.S. They are both doing great! rock on lol GIF

My niece had her baby on Monday!!!  Her whole family is doing well..  I just can't see the new baby for a while.

Regarding today's show -

Boy,  Mm seemed even more angry than usual!  She constantly tells "us" that something should not be partisan and then almost immediately makes it partisan.  She seems to do this a lot.

I found the mayor articulate, concise and pretty likeable.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I've gotten pretty good at translating for Meghan. What she means is she wants to be able to say whatever she wants about the other side but how dare you say anything about her side.

Yup. This has been how she's rolled since she started the show. Drives me crazy.

On a positive note, that little girl singing melted my heart! So cute. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't get Meghan and her crib drama.

Why does she have to buy the crib IN PERSON?   RIGHT NOW???

She really needs to get off the cross.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

It's really really bad in Atlanta right now. 

I'm watching Chris Cuomo interview your mayor right now.  I feel for you and your city.

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Can I  just say I love my Atlanta Mayor. She is totally kick ass. It's really really bad in Atlanta right now. 

She does rock it ATL.  Tough as nails! 

7 hours ago, pinguina said:

My niece had her baby on Monday!!!  Her whole family is doing well..  I just can't see the new baby for a while.

Regarding today's show -

Boy,  Mm seemed even more angry than usual!  She constantly tells "us" that something should not be partisan and then almost immediately makes it partisan.  She seems to do this a lot.

I found the mayor articulate, concise and pretty likeable.

Congratulations to all the new babies out there!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Joy, I remember, from my driver ed course, that I must initiate the turn signal at least 100 feet before I turn.

That being said, I don't think officers should waste anyone's time for such violations.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 2:26 PM, UpTooLate said:

Can someone PLEASE do a GoFundMe for a crib for Meghan and spare us the draaaammmmaaaa?

Oh good grief!  Someone give her a butterknife, point her to the back yard, hack down a sapling, and carve yourself a dam crib!  An Abe Lincoln special

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

At the risk of ducking flying tomatoes, I think Meghan's "crib" drama is more about buying ALL things baby (i.e. crib, clothes, booties, etc.), and not just about buying a crib. I can understand that as she's a first-time mom-to-be.

Of course, not being able to do that is not the end of the world. But, in her mind (whether planned or not), she "waited" a while before getting pregnant. Unfortunately, the timing of her pregnancy is not conducive to doing all the pre-baby fun stuff, such as shopping for a layette, etc...whether alone or with girlfriends who are or about to be moms.

I can understand her frustration in that she feels deprived of these pre-baby activities due to all current restrictions. Been there, done that, so I will cut her some slack.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

At the risk of ducking flying tomatoes, I think Meghan's "crib" drama is more about buying ALL things baby (i.e. crib, clothes, booties, etc.), and not just about buying a crib. I can understand that as she's a first-time mom-to-be.

Of course, not being able to do that is not the end of the world. But, in her mind (whether planned or not), she "waited" a while before getting pregnant. Unfortunately, the timing of her pregnancy is not conducive to doing all the pre-baby fun stuff, such as shopping for a layette, etc...whether alone or with girlfriends who are or about to be moms.

I can understand her frustration in that she feels deprived of these pre-baby activities due to all current restrictions. Been there, done that, so I will cut her some slack.

You are so kind.  I would likely feel similar sympathy if she ONCE mentioned how happy she is or how she is so excited . . . spent the weekend painting the baby's room, or planning a surprise for Ben's first Father's Day  . . .  anything.  She is just so negative and nasty.  All day, every day. 

Maybe the babe's arrival will change all that?  Hoping!

But more likely, it's that she can't have a shower either in person or on the show.

 

 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

At the risk of ducking flying tomatoes, I think Meghan's "crib" drama is more about buying ALL things baby (i.e. crib, clothes, booties, etc.), and not just about buying a crib. I can understand that as she's a first-time mom-to-be.

Of course, not being able to do that is not the end of the world. But, in her mind (whether planned or not), she "waited" a while before getting pregnant. Unfortunately, the timing of her pregnancy is not conducive to doing all the pre-baby fun stuff, such as shopping for a layette, etc...whether alone or with girlfriends who are or about to be moms.

I can understand her frustration in that she feels deprived of these pre-baby activities due to all current restrictions. Been there, done that, so I will cut her some slack.

LOL nothing thrown your way by me! She’s not my favorite, but I totally get this. It’s not ideal. I’ve seen comments about her not even being sure about wanting kids and so what if she’s waited. It’s still her first baby, and I always thought she wanted one deep down but was scared and didn’t want to feel pressured into it. All that said...

9 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

You are so kind.  I would likely feel similar sympathy if she ONCE mentioned how happy she is or how she is so excited . . . spent the weekend painting the baby's room, or planning a surprise for Ben's first Father's Day  . . .  anything.  She is just so negative and nasty.  All day, every day. 

Maybe the babe's arrival will change all that?  Hoping!

But more likely, it's that she can't have a shower either in person or on the show.

 

 

Yes! I get she wishes she could do all the traditional baby prep things, but she’s so damn negative all the time. It would be nice if she could talk about what she’s grateful for more often. One of my pet peeves is when people only focus on the negative. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I get that she's disappointed and unhappy she can't do all the usual new mom baby things, but it just sounds so petty in light of everything going on.  She's comfortably in a home (whether NY or VA), has a good income (both of them), has everything she needs (except a crib), and is healthy.  She needs to quit playing the victim and whining about not being able to go out.  Which isn't true anyway, she can leave the house any time she wants.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with Meghan (well one of many problems) is she fails to be appreciative of what she has.  She only focuses on what she doesn't have or what she has lost.  Yes she lost her father but he was 82 yrs old and she knew the end was coming.  She still has her mother and her grandmother and her siblings.  Yes she is pregnant during a pandemic but she is healthy and won't have to worry about how am I going to afford to raise this child.  Yes it sucks to be sheltering in place but where she is sheltering I am sure is pretty fucking comfortable.

 

My personal opinion is Meghan is very nervous about the 2020 election.  As most of us are. I like to talk about politics a lot but she lives and breathes politics and takes everything personally.  It would do her a world of good to unplug and take a break from social media.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

At the risk of ducking flying tomatoes, I think Meghan's "crib" drama is more about buying ALL things baby (i.e. crib, clothes, booties, etc.), and not just about buying a crib. I can understand that as she's a first-time mom-to-be.

Of course, not being able to do that is not the end of the world. But, in her mind (whether planned or not), she "waited" a while before getting pregnant. Unfortunately, the timing of her pregnancy is not conducive to doing all the pre-baby fun stuff, such as shopping for a layette, etc...whether alone or with girlfriends who are or about to be moms.

I can understand her frustration in that she feels deprived of these pre-baby activities due to all current restrictions. Been there, done that, so I will cut her some slack.

 

6 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

You are so kind.  I would likely feel similar sympathy if she ONCE mentioned how happy she is or how she is so excited . . . spent the weekend painting the baby's room, or planning a surprise for Ben's first Father's Day  . . .  anything.  She is just so negative and nasty.  All day, every day. 

Maybe the babe's arrival will change all that?  Hoping!

But more likely, it's that she can't have a shower either in person or on the show.

 

 

 

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL nothing thrown your way by me! She’s not my favorite, but I totally get this. It’s not ideal. I’ve seen comments about her not even being sure about wanting kids and so what if she’s waited. It’s still her first baby, and I always thought she wanted one deep down but was scared and didn’t want to feel pressured into it. All that said...

Yes! I get she wishes she could do all the traditional baby prep things, but she’s so damn negative all the time. It would be nice if she could talk about what she’s grateful for more often. One of my pet peeves is when people only focus on the negative. 

 

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I get that she's disappointed and unhappy she can't do all the usual new mom baby things, but it just sounds so petty in light of everything going on.  She's comfortably in a home (whether NY or VA), has a good income (both of them), has everything she needs (except a crib), and is healthy.  She needs to quit playing the victim and whining about not being able to go out.  Which isn't true anyway, she can leave the house any time she wants.

Every time Meghan moans "I can't even go out and buy a crib", just replace it with "I can't even have a party/shower to celebrate ME and get gifts".....that, I feel, is more of MEghan's problem than the fact that she is CHOOSING to not go out to a baby store and pick out some baby things.

I get it, it's scary to venture out, but if you use common sense - mask, gloves (if you choose), even call the store ahead of time, and request an appointment so that others are not there (I think some stores would accommodate this) - picking out baby stuff can be done.  

Every health professional I've seen or read has strongly indicated that getting outside is good for you, as long as you maintain social distancing.  I think that Meghan hasn't been outdoors at all - not even for a walk - whether she's in NY or VA, since this pandemic started, and this is creating a lot of extra anxiety for her.

Coronavirus is not going away anytime soon, unfortunately.  We all will have to learn to live with this, at whatever comfort level you personally have.  BUT, don't bitch and moan that you CAN'T go out and do something when you are CHOOSING to not do it.

EDITING TO ADD:  Of course, I don't mean my last paragraph for anyone who has a compromised immune system or for other health reasons, should stay indoors.  Obviously, anyone with those issues should follow the best protocol for themselves and what their doctors recommend.

Typing this, I just started to wonder if, perhaps, Meghan DOES have an underlying health issue that is preventing her from going outside.  Maybe she is diabetic, or has developed gestational diabetes?  If so, then, I will cut her some slack.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Bolton will be a guest next week?

So I wasn't hearing things wrong....

All I can do is hope that Joy and Sunny call him out and that they make his appearance here a hard one for him.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

For the LOVE of GOD, someone, *ANYONE* buy MeAgain a fucking CRIB!!!!!

Shall we start a Go Fund Me page?  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

For the LOVE of GOD, someone, *ANYONE* buy MeAgain a fucking CRIB!!!!!

But it is not about Meghan having someone buy or give her a crib. 

It is about her not be able to go out in person to look at cribs at different stores, decide which ones she likes, go home and think about how it will look in the nursey and then make her decision.

Also, she might not like any of the ready made cribs and need to have one custom made.

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, but it’s fun to snark at her expense.  I mean, I’m stuck at home, can’t go out shopping, what else is there to do for entertainment?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

So now that it’s a republican bill everyone needs to be bipartisan Mm?  Gee tell Mitch McConnell about that then...not so important whenits Democrats with bills that are important.  Geez! She just never stops.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

So I wasn't hearing things wrong....

All I can do is hope that Joy and Sunny call him out and that they make his appearance here a hard one for him.

I thought he had been on the stand and testified before.  No?  Theres been so many i think im confused.  Or was it he refused at the time.  That might be it.  Why do you want them to go hard on him?  I can understand asking hard questions but...sounds like this is the book theyve been waiting for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I thought he had been on the stand and testified before.  No?  Theres been so many i think im confused.  Or was it he refused at the time.  That might be it.  Why do you want them to go hard on him?  I can understand asking hard questions but...sounds like this is the book theyve been waiting for.

He refused to testify in front of the House. Said he’d honor a subpoena from the Senate but was never called. They are hard on him because he had the opportunity to tell all this back during the impeachment hearings in Nov but decided to wait for his book to be published. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He refused to testify in front of the House. Said he’d honor a subpoena from the Senate but was never called. They are hard on him because he had the opportunity to tell all this back during the impeachment hearings in Nov but decided to wait for his book to be published. 

As I understood it, he wanted to testify but wanted to be subpoenaed to do so (some say perhaps to appear to be a reluctant witness and this more clout with Rs).  He assumed enough republicans would approve the subpoena but there weren’t 4 who voted with Ds..just 2 did, so no subpoena.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan complaining about not being able to get a crib reminds me of this classic Keeping Up with the Kardashians moment:

 

Life tip to foolish wealthy people:  Take your fucking diamond earrings off before entering the ocean. Leave your fucking diamonds at home while traveling and wear replicas. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Sorry for the long rant, but I get pissy when people who have so much can still feel like victims.  

Meghan's lack of gratitude is what bugs me about her.  I get she's upset but at the same time she has a lot to be grateful for.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Meghan's lack of gratitude is what bugs me about her.  I get she's upset but at the same time she has a lot to be grateful for.

And, again, I say, where is her family, where are friends? Someone needs to tell her to shut up. I find it astonishing that she has no one in her life to point out what we all can see every day.  Sigh.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

And, again, I say, where is her family, where are friends? Someone needs to tell her to shut up. I find it astonishing that she has no one in her life to point out what we all can see every day

She's THIRTY-FIVE!  I'm sure her family and friends have tried, given up--tried again, given up innumerable times.  No one wants to be the victim of her ire.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan complaining about not being able to get a crib reminds me of this classic Keeping Up with the Kardashians moment:

 

Oh, Whaaaaah, whaaah, whaaah.  She doesn't know if they're insurrrred!  She'll never be able to afford diamond earrings againnnn.  What's a millionairess to do? Mommy!  Don't worry, Mommy will search the ocean floor; no problem.  

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Meghan's lack of gratitude is what bugs me about her.  I get she's upset but at the same time she has a lot to be grateful for.

Entitled and privileged doesn't even begin to describe her.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

And, again, I say, where is her family, where are friends? Someone needs to tell her to shut up. I find it astonishing that she has no one in her life to point out what we all can see every day.  Sigh.

 

4 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

She's THIRTY-FIVE!  I'm sure her family and friends have tried, given up--tried again, given up innumerable times.  No one wants to be the victim of her ire.

I am 51 yrs. old and my mother still calls me out when I need it.

The fact she talks very little about her family makes me think they have voiced their opinion concerning her and she didn't like it.  With Meghan she gets upset over the smallest (perceived) slight) I wouldn't be surprised if she is in a snit because her brother named his son after their dad. Because you know that name should have been reserved for any sons Meghan might have.

 

 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am so tired of seeing Kristin Bell's fucking face everywhere. She comes off as a know it all. Her voicing a biracial character and her "purple people" race book finally pushed me over the edge. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Did Whoopi’s just call them “Christian and Dex”? 

I didn't even watch the show today but I feel as though I can still safely say with confidence that yes, she did. 

  • Laugh 22

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am so tired of seeing Kristin Bell's fucking face everywhere. She comes off as a know it all. Her voicing a biracial character and her "purple people" race book finally pushed me over the edge. 

She starred in one of my all time favorite shows (Veronica Mars) and I don't really like her all that much.  I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her that puts me off. And her husband always looks so disheveled to me.  Like he hasn't showered in a few days.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

She starred in one of my all time favorite shows (Veronica Mars) and I don't really like her all that much.  I can't put my finger on it but there is something about her that puts me off. And her husband always looks so disheveled to me.  Like he hasn't showered in a few days.

Cannot stand either one of them!  I wonder if they'll gift Me-again an unlimited supply of diapers.  Or maybe a crib.

 

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well, it's only been two days in a row, so it might just be a coincidence, but it seems like the producers have finally figured out how to have a drama-free show when Meghan's there - just pack it full of guests, and skip the hot topic segments.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It truly is how you look at things. I can slip pretty easily into debbie downer, and its a constant battle to keep hope for better.  Anyway i saw this viral video a while back and it was just so sweet.  This guy and his family.  They wanted to celebrate him before he began his lifes journey, but the couldnt because of virus. So they surprised him by creating a backyard of all different places around the world.  Lights, drinks, music.  It was just really sweet imho.  Thats an example of optimism folks hehe.  I'LL share my other most fav viral video some other time.  Makes me weep everytime.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

This is a serious question because I’m not sure she’s made it clear who she’s mad at about the situation. I could have missed it as I often am doing something else. She was all in the beginning but has she mentioned who is not  making things better.?  I’ve only heard her say that some women on tv are obviously having hair done then complaining about different protests . And of course she can’t buy a crib in person, does she want things open ?  Or did she mention what would make it better?  I’m clear on everyone’s else’s feelings but not hers.  
I love Ms Bowser too. 
 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

And of course she can’t buy a crib in person, does she want things open ?  Or did she mention what would make it better?  I’m clear on everyone’s else’s feelings but not hers.   
 

She lives to take inventory. She constantly monitors what she doesn't have, or what other people have that she never considered having but now wants because someone else has it. Her default mode is to piss, moan, bitch and complain. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I loved today's show. The opening song had me tearing up, it is so apropos with what Black people have been feeling for centuries in this country.. I could listen to Nikole Hannah Jones all day long without ever getting bored. Her knowledge of Black history is inspiring.. I was waiting for Megan to attack her with a talking point from the right but she was actually very nice. Nikole got alot of hate from Megan's people because of the 1619 project and she took it all with aplomb..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

First, I take EXCEPTION to Meghan's comment that she has "waited" thirty-five years to have a baby.  We cannot count the number of times she has said (on The View alone) that, "I don't want kids."  We never had any question...Meghan doesn't want to have children.  We were all relieved; we didn't want her to have children either because we saw how she treated other humans.

Now she's so upset because she doesn't want US to know that she can call the highest-end baby store in the nation...in the world...and ask if they can please open it for a private showing some late night when no one's around and things are "safe," virus-wise.  She can look at and touch every bleenkin' item in the store.  She can go through their catalogs at her leisure--OR could she and her "people" not come up with that one?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

When the quads were on today, Meghan was grinning from ear-to-ear. I've never seen her smile so much...it looked good on her.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

First, I take EXCEPTION to Meghan's comment that she has "waited" thirty-five years to have a baby.  We cannot count the number of times she has said (on The View alone) that, "I don't want kids."  We never had any question...Meghan doesn't want to have children.  We were all relieved; we didn't want her to have children either because we saw how she treated other humans.

Now she's so upset because she doesn't want US to know that she can call the highest-end baby store in the nation...in the world...and ask if they can please open it for a private showing some late night when no one's around and things are "safe," virus-wise.  She can look at and touch every bleenkin' item in the store.  She can go through their catalogs at her leisure--OR could she and her "people" not come up with that one?

Yep. That's Megaphone. 

Hypocritical to the max.

Or is it revising her personal  history to fit her complaint du jour? 

Twisting the truth because she thinks no one remembers, or can check video,  about what she said earlier?  Because she's so fucking dumb. 

I'm also thinking that no one really paid her much attention growing up so it never mattered what she said or did. No one listened anyway.  

I really believe that Nutmeg is one of those folks who will say anything to fit their current narrative, conveniently forgetting previous pronouncements, due to ethical attention deficit disorder. Moral superficiality. Jerks.

I've known a few people like this.  When they said contradictory shit, I used to be surprised and question them about previous comments, but they acted like it never happened. 

Now I give them the side eye and don't believe a word coming out of their lying mouths. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I loved today's show. The opening song had me tearing up, it is so apropos with what Black people have been feeling for centuries in this country.. I could listen to Nikole Hannah Jones all day long without ever getting bored. Her knowledge of Black history is inspiring.. I was waiting for Megan to attack her with a talking point from the right but she was actually very nice. Nikole got alot of hate from Megan's people because of the 1619 project and she took it all with aplomb..

It was very powerful wasnt it. And they made it 3 yrs ago!  And just added some current parts.  The whole thing could have been done yesterday and it would still be timely.  Just breaks your heart.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

I've known a few people like this.  When they said contradictory shit, I used to be surprised and question them about previous comments, but they acted like it never happened. 

Me too.  Married to one for MANY years.  I questioned him only once and he said, "Are you calling me a LIAR?"  Why did I feel guilty???  Too bad we didn't have videos running 24/7.   (He was an excellent liar/conman)

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2020 at 3:29 AM, RealHousewife said:

I’ve seen comments about her not even being sure about wanting kids and so what if she’s waited.

I WISH she'd started out with "not even being sure," but she was DEFINITE for quite awhile.  She did NOT want to have children. She might have started saying she was "unsure" when she knew she was pregnant--and then had a miscarriage.  She was even kind of mean the times her "bestie" (Abby) was pregnant.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size