Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S02.E03: Heart My Broken

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, configdotsys said:

What a snoozefest. This was one of those episodes in which everything is the same:

We sit through multiple interations of "I'm going to [wherever] and I can't wait." Followed by lengthy conversations with friends/family saying "I'm going to [wherever]." And family saying something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to go to [wherever]? What if..." and then the show ends. 

 

 

This is a really fair synopsis of these early episodes, and evokes my annoyance with everyone getting at least one chance to tease the next segment or epsiode with "I have a dark secret I haven't told OTHER PERSON, and I'm afraid when I do tell HIM OR HER, it will end our relationship!" Duh duh DUUUUUUUUUUUUH! I'm already married! I have a criminal record! I don't have a job! I have five baby mamas! I only want anal! I believe in werewolves! My stepmother is an alien!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes and we do not know which branch this chick and her parents belong to.  If I (a Christian) had married a nice Reform Jewish fellow, many people would have accepted our kids as Jewish.  Not so fast with the others, lol.  And those are thier beliefs and I respect them.

I don't doubt that they are probably Reform. For one thing, mama was making meatballs, which means meat and cheese in the same meal, which is a no no for more conservative/observant folks. In any case, Judaism is passed on through the maternal line. If your mother is Jewish, you're Jewish, the end. Whether you practice, whether you convert to another religion, whether you're an atheist, according to the faith, you are Jewish to the end. 

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-category/the-basics-of-judaism/?p=933

3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is a really fair synopsis of these early episodes, and evokes my annoyance with everyone getting at least one chance to tease the next segment or epsiode with "I have a dark secret I haven't told OTHER PERSON, and I'm afraid when I do tell HIM OR HER, it will end our relationship!" Duh duh DUUUUUUUUUUUUH! I'm already married! I have a criminal record! I don't have a job! I have five baby mamas! I only want anal! I believe in werewolves! My stepmother is an alien!

You forgot the riveting "suitcase packing" and "drive to the airport" scenes that we're treated to every week. And the scintillating conversation that accompanies these. "Are you excited?" "I'm excited and I'm nervous!" "I'm leaving everything behind but its worth it because we are IN LOOOOOOVEEEEEE!" 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

For one thing, mama was making meatballs, which means meat and cheese in the same meal, which is a no no for more conservative/observant folks.

I had no idea cheese was an ingredient in meatballs!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree that Jenny has just as much a right to love as a Silver Single as anyone, she just needs to go about it differently.  Chasing down a married lying man 4000 miles away is not the way to do it.

 

Per Ariela's dad - I am not sure I am ready to call her dad a racist....yet.  I get the "nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn" as that is what most Jewish parents want for their kids - a Jewish spouse.*

Brittney - SCRUB THE MISSION!!!  Stay home with your handsome dad and bask in his glory.  Yes you can drink in Jordan, just not chugging it at a restaurant.  You don't have to wear a hijab (although when meeting the parents it might be a good idea) but girl......tuck in your plumpies and cover up your skin.  Frankly. Yazan is not that big of a catch to me - he seems pretty bland, looks stoned and is REALLY pushing Islam on her.  

*=Hall of Famer Rod Carew, a famous Minnesota Twin, tells the story of being brought home by his Jewish girlfriend to meet the folks.  They were like, look he is great, we don't care that he is from Panama -  but he is not Jewish.  Now I am not suggesting all parents are like this.....I think it just a funny story.

I live in Brooklyn and the Jewish community do have their own neighborhood with their own police department and ambulance.  I'm not saying he's racist, I'm saying that he doesn't seem ready to accept the baby. He's nothing like that dad from a few seasons back who outright said he was against his son marrying a black woman.  I've actually seen successful interfaith marriages between Jews and Christians, so hopefully her dad will one day accept that she loves who she loves.

Brittany is in for a rude awakening. She is in no way ready for a life in Jordan.  Like Yolanda on before the 90 days, girlfriend is ignoring all the red flags.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

On the plus side, he has an exceptionally clean anus anal.

Fixed it for you.  LOL.

 

Capture.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had no idea cheese was an ingredient in meatballs!

Usually pork too, at least in my (Italian) family's recipe. God damn it, now I want a meatball sandwich. It's not even TEN AM here!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

On the plus side, he has an exceptionally clean anus.

We added bidet attachments to our toilets, and yes I may have used that line a time or two...

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had no idea cheese was an ingredient in meatballs!

Cheese always makes things better.  Hard stop. 

While I haven't heard of cheese in meatballs, I fully support it. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

On the plus side, he has an exceptionally clean anus.

We joke but I read that part of the problem with the spread of HIV in India is that normal condoms are too big for many men there.  So when public health officials and charities hand them out they are essentially useless.  I think the average was 3.5” over there where worldwide it is more like 5 or 5.5”.

  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Barbara Please said:

Kenny and Armando...I want those two to win so badly. So far they are my fav 90 day participants. However, I'm waiting for the tea pot to fall, and bad tea to dribble out. 

Jenny acts like a school girl who just got asked to the prom. I'm all about a good love story but Sumit has lied repeatedly about MAJOR stuff. It wasn't like he lied about his favourite ice cream flavour. He will continue to lie. And after the fresh smell of Jenny wears off, Sumit will get tired of clipping toenails and whiny behavior. GUARANTEED.

Jihoon is lazy & immature. He doesn't seem interested in his family anymore. He looked bored/pissed off when Deaven called him.  My goodness, their baby is so cute tho. 

Ariella appears smug, and a bit of a spoiled princess.  

That's what I told Mini Persnickety when we watched this last..."Good gawd almighty, she's acting like he asked her to the junior prom" as I rolled my eyes.  

I'm off to dig around and see if Brother Yazan needs a green card.  He's hot, he stirred my hormones, I don't know a damned thing about him, and he's thousands of miles away.  

Therefore, according to the Handbook of 90 Day Fiance, I believe it's true love and he's my soulmate.  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

On the plus side, he has an exceptionally clean anus.

I recently installed a bidet and all I can hear is his voice explaining the cleanliness of his anus when I use it.

Gotta say, it does result in a super clean anus.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm off to dig around and see if Brother Yazan needs a green card.  He's hot, he stirred my hormones, I don't know a damned thing about him, and he's thousands of miles away.  

I thought the same thing about Brother Yazan and Sumit's friends at rugby.  And my hubby was next to me on the couch as I announced those feelings.

Nice catch on mixing cheese with the meat for the meatballs!  For the record, a world without cheese is a world I don't want to live in.

 

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't doubt that they are probably Reform. For one thing, mama was making meatballs, which means meat and cheese in the same meal, which is a no no for more conservative/observant folks. In any case, Judaism is passed on through the maternal line. If your mother is Jewish, you're Jewish, the end. Whether you practice, whether you convert to another religion, whether you're an atheist, according to the faith, you are Jewish to the end. 

I did know about being born to a Jewish mother as I had a coworker who was Jewish plus I watched "Come Let Us Reason Together" on Little House the other day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

We joke but I read that part of the problem with the spread of HIV in India is that normal condoms are too big for many men there.  So when public health officials and charities hand them out they are essentially useless.  I think the average was 3.5” over there where worldwide it is more like 5 or 5.5”.

What another blow Jenny has been dealt!

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Laugh 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mr. Miner said:

What a blow Jenny has been dealt!

Average he could be an outlier lol.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Mr. Miner said:

I going to leave the US and have my baby in Ethiopia...said by nobody ever.

Except Ariela when she told her pre-natal yoga class "MY birth story is interesting" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Areolar's declaration of giving birth to her baby in unknown conditions, away from the cozy medical care given gratis by family friends (is her father an Ob/Gyn?) is a double fisted middle finger and a slap in the face to her parents...what a snot....

Her father is a cardiologist. 

The Ob/Gyn is an "old family friend." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You forgot the riveting "suitcase packing" and "drive to the airport" scenes that we're treated to every week. And the scintillating conversation that accompanies these. "Are you excited?" "I'm excited and I'm nervous!" "I'm leaving everything behind but its worth it because we are IN LOOOOOOVEEEEEE!" 

and EVERYONE has friends and/or family members who attempt to talk some sense into them to no avail. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't doubt that they are probably Reform. For one thing, mama was making meatballs, which means meat and cheese in the same meal, which is a no no for more conservative/observant folks. In any case, Judaism is passed on through the maternal line. If your mother is Jewish, you're Jewish, the end. Whether you practice, whether you convert to another religion, whether you're an atheist, according to the faith, you are Jewish to the end. 

You are correct!  

The milk and meat rule really does put a damper on a meal, lol...FYI, kosher meats are 30% more expensive than non kosher. 

I know in Ethiopia there are different rules of what can be eaten during Passover than the rules in Israel and the US but I doubt mixing milk and meat anywhere is kosher.  Now I feel like I have to Google Ethiopia's kosher laws.

Either way, that pregnant girl should never ever deliver anywhere but the US, we all remember Karine's birth experience was, it was awful.  Why do people have to complicate their lives unnecessarily?  Why risk it? Her parents seem normal.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

but I doubt mixing milk and meat anywhere is kosher

Puts a damper on pizza toppings as well.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had no idea cheese was an ingredient in meatballs!

you could or could not add Parmesan cheese to the meatballs themselves, that's a matter of individual taste. I never said the cheese was in the meatballs, however. But when you get to the table, what are you sprinkling on top of your delicious meatballs? 

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

What another blow Jenny has been dealt!

Well, it would certainly make that act a little less complicated.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

you could or could not add Parmesan cheese to the meatballs themselves, that's a matter of individual taste. I never said the cheese was in the meatballs, however. But when you get to the table, what are you sprinkling on top of your delicious meatballs? 

 

No idea I’m a vegetarian and the rest of my family isn’t into meatballs. 
 

Keeping it on topic- it appears that Ariela’s family is okay with eating non kosher meals, as I now know cheese is a common ingredient in meat balls. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Except Ariela when she told her pre-natal yoga class "MY birth story is interesting" 

She strikes me as yet another one who is all "look at me, I'm so quirky and interesting" with no clue what she's getting into.  Like those those comments in the talking heads, where they say things like "Who does this for love, I must be crazy" with a little grin

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

What amazes me about many women in this entire franchise is that they don't understand their own reproductive systems.  Aerola and her "and then I was surprised to find out I was pregnant."  Really, surprised?  Surprised because each of you were using your own forms of birth control and yet you still became pregnant?  Or surprised because you didn't think a pregnancy would result if you didn't use birth control?  Either way, you're almost 30 and it isn't 'cute' that you surprisingly are pregnant (I feel like she thought we would find it 'cute' that she just woke up pregnant).  Same with Deaven and other women.  Each person should be responsible for their own selves.  If a man's condom falls off you should be glad that you also used birth control...  So, of course, we as taxpayers get to pay for many of these "surprises"-Tiffany, Deaven, etc.

I find it very interesting that Deaven also thinks that Jihoon could get a good job.  He has admitted to being convicted of selling stolen phones and is paying restitution.  He may not be able to qualify for a lot of jobs due to his criminal activities and record.  He also may not be trying to find a job as once he does, there will probably be a lien placed on his salary until he completes restitution.  

Too bad that so few participants in these franchises ever bother to talk to the love of their lives about anything other than how much they love them.  If they, like, you know, talked to each other they might actually find out some useful information.  Of course, this does not apply to Brittany as she just totally forgot she was married, so we can't really hold that against her because, like, she forgot.  Which of course, she thought we would find so charming and cute-especially with her giggles and braces.  She's just a silly widdle girl, how can we expect her to remember that she's married...

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, lh25 said:

We added bidet attachments to our toilets, and yes I may have used that line a time or two...

Was this during the time when toilet paper was not to be found?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Of course, this does not apply to Brittany as she just totally forgot she was married, so we can't really hold that against her because, like, she forgot.  Which of course, she thought we would find so charming and cute-especially with her giggles and braces.  She's just a silly widdle girl, how can we expect her to remember that she's married...

I think the older men she's dated like that helpless little girl act.  

34 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Was this during the time when toilet paper was not to be found?

It was, but not because of that.  We had been on vacation in Feb and once place we stayed had one.  So it was a useful coincidence!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

What amazes me about many women in this entire franchise is that they don't understand their own reproductive systems. 

No excuse for that! The only participants in the franchise who are allowed to be clueless about reproduction are Nigerian men who think 50+ year old American women can “tote an aig” 

 

 

 

 

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This is a really fair synopsis of these early episodes, and evokes my annoyance with everyone getting at least one chance to tease the next segment or epsiode with "I have a dark secret I haven't told OTHER PERSON, and I'm afraid when I do tell HIM OR HER, it will end our relationship!" Duh duh DUUUUUUUUUUUUH! I'm already married! I have a criminal record! I don't have a job! I have five baby mamas! I only want anal! I believe in werewolves! My stepmother is an alien!

That's the first question on the show's application: do you have a secret you're keeping from your partner? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Y'all had me Googling bidet adapters and THIS is the first thing that popped up. I was relieved to see that it sprayed water, because when I first saw it...

I'm seriously starting to think that some of the women on this offshoot are intentionally picking men who have little to no chance of immigrating to the US. That way they can get their 15 minutes but won't have to invest in a real relationship. 

Screenshot_20200618-214451.png

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I did know about being born to a Jewish mother as I had a coworker who was Jewish plus I watched "Come Let Us Reason Together" on Little House the other day.

But did you cut it on the bias?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Y'all had me Googling bidet adapters and THIS is the first thing that popped up. I was relieved to see that it sprayed water, because when I first saw it...

I find that both disturbing and somehow a bit fascinating!  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Where I've grown up, and currently live, in New England, we have a lot of Jewish people.  I've been to more Seder dinners than I can count.  And like most religions, there's a whole spectrum of how strictly the religion is practiced.  From the Orthodox married women wear wigs and men have payot (the sideburn curls), to the super lax basically Jewish in name only.  And the decision to have "Jewishness" pass down through the women is because of the history of persecution and abuse.  Difficult to know the background of the guy who raped you, so stick to who you know is the mother.  

Arywhoya will be fine in Ethiopia in terms of her religion, since she doesn't seem too strict.  The problems will be more secular, like no fridge or bathroom.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought the same thing about Brother Yazan and Sumit's friends at rugby.  And my hubby was next to me on the couch as I announced those feelings.

 

 

Yes!! Sumits main friend (who I always telling him it’s a bad idea) is a cutie as well as punky/grungy Jordanian fish monger brother!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just saying, it's totally possible to make meat balls without cheese, and without pork.

In any case, I  would agree that Ariella's family is not from the religiously devout crew.

Did I mis-hear but I though her sister is Kristen?

As another aside, has anyone found the last name? We lived in the area for plenty plenty years and only moved away 2 years ago. Of course I am not suggesting that I would know everyone but cardiologist names---- I might recognize at least a few. Just being nosy.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Too bad that so few participants in these franchises ever bother to talk to the love of their lives about anything other than how much they love them.

We have seen this a lot, but we saw a clear example of this with Brittany.  "You are going to love Islam, such a beautiful religion!"  Brittany:  "You're beard is cute!"  I mean, girl, he just opended the door for you!  "Look, you are special to me but I have no interest and no intention, ever, to convert.  Oh and by the way I am legally married.  There is no way we are getting married in three days when I arrive."

 

12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

And like most religions, there's a whole spectrum of how strictly the religion is practiced.

Kinda like being a Lutheran - there is ELCA and then there are the Wisconsin and Missouri synods - they are way more strict and do not let women speak during a service nor become ordained.  To each their own, right?

 

12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Arywhoya will be fine in Ethiopia in terms of her religion, since she doesn't seem too strict.  The problems will be more secular, like no fridge or bathroom.

I agree.  Covering your hair or having a Seder dinner will not matter once you have no refridgeration nor a toilet or shower.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, magemaud said:

and EVERYONE has friends and/or family members who attempt to talk some sense into them to no avail. 

I don't know - but I don't want any "old family friends" all up in my business. Ick.

Edit - something went wrong here. I was referring to the post about Areola's OB/GYN being an old family friend.

Edited by TipseyGirl

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

As another aside, has anyone found the last name?

Spoiler

according to the couple's page, her last name is "Weinberg" 

 

1 hour ago, TipseyGirl said:
On 6/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, magemaud said:

and EVERYONE has friends and/or family members who attempt to talk some sense into them to no avail. 

I don't know - but I don't want any "old family friends" all up in my business. Ick.

Edit - something went wrong here. I was referring to the post about Areola's OB/GYN being an old family friend.

That's okay, both quotes were mine and both are appropriate to your response

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Y'all had me Googling bidet adapters and THIS is the first thing that popped up. I was relieved to see that it sprayed water, because when I first saw it...

I'm seriously starting to think that some of the women on this offshoot are intentionally picking men who have little to no chance of immigrating to the US. That way they can get their 15 minutes but won't have to invest in a real relationship. 

Screenshot_20200618-214451.png

OMG! "Butt cleaner!"  Won't "bidet" suffice?  If not, there must be a more professional way to say it.  

I've been wanting to get one, especially with the tp crisis, but I'm afraid I would end up like Pedro and not have the right connectors.  

I just had a thought:  how many bidets have been purchased due to Jihoon's stellar recommendation?  Maybe he should start selling bidets!

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Where am I ?  I’m confused as there are so many titles to this 90 day show.  It’s Friday, June 19, 2020.  Just watched Marisa put in a turkey in the oven and wanted to know how it came out, lol.  She stuffed it with grapes, raw celery and who knows what.  WTF, haha.  She’s a mess.  Too many couples, too many titles.  Andre, the big mouth boss wants her whole family to go to Mulvania?  He’s nuts.  Someone has to put him in his place.  How many kids does Angela’s daughter have?  Six?  Where the fathers?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

OMG! "Butt cleaner!"  Won't "bidet" suffice?  If not, there must be a more professional way to say it.  

I've been wanting to get one, especially with the tp crisis, but I'm afraid I would end up like Pedro and not have the right connectors.  

I just had a thought:  how many bidets have been purchased due to Jihoon's stellar recommendation?  Maybe he should start selling bidets!

 

It’s not like everyone without a bidet has a dirty anus.

11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Where am I ?  I’m confused as there are so many titles to this 90 day show.  It’s Friday, June 19, 2020.  Just watched Marisa put in a turkey in the oven and wanted to know how it came out, lol.  She stuffed it with grapes, raw celery and who knows what.  WTF, haha.  She’s a mess.  Too many couples, too many titles.  Andre, the big mouth boss wants her whole family to go to Mulvania?  He’s nuts.  Someone has to put him in his place.  How many kids does Angela’s daughter have?  Six?  Where the fathers?

That is Happily Ever After.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s not like everyone without a bidet has a dirty anus.

That is Happily Ever After.

Thanks.  Too many shows .. different days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Thanks.  Too many shows .. different days.

Would anyone believe my husband, who is a sports nut, LOVES this show?  He knows everyone’s name and where they are from.  Lol.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

How many kids does Angela’s daughter have?  Six?  Where the fathers?

Angela's daughters each have three children. Both Skyla and Scottie use the last name Deem (like Angela) and three of the kids are also Deems, the other three have a different last name, presumably their father's. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Would anyone believe my husband, who is a sports nut, LOVES this show?  He knows everyone’s name and where they are from.  Lol.

And what team they play for, their stats, etc. Maybe they should come out with 90 Day Trading Cards. I guess that's what happens when there are no sports on TV. The other night my husband was reduced to watching some kind of Dodgeball competition. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, Neurochick said:

I have zero sympathy for Ariela or Deavan.  Both of them had unprotected sex with men from other countries they barely knew and both of them want to get married AND raise the child in said country.  In Ariela's case, she doesn't know a thing about her man's religion or culture.  BTW, her dad gave me racist vibes.  I think Deavan is just looking for a fairy tale ending and Jihoon might just be into American women.

When Sumit was first introduced, he said something about liking white women.  What's wrong with Jenny?  Does she have some cognitive deficit?  (does EVERYTHING have to be a diagnosis or issue or syndrome?)  NO, IMO Jenny is looking for love, the type of love that is sold to us every day on TV or in the movies.  She wants that love and feels entitled to it and it doesn't matter how old she is, she deserves it. 

I don't get some comments that are like, "Jenny should just stay home and enjoy her grandchildren" as if when a woman gets to a certain age, she should just stay home, knit and then simply die because she's OLD.  As if when you get to a certain age you don't have the same feelings you had when you were younger. 

That said, I think Jenny is foolish to go overseas for a man who lied to her from the very beginning of their "relationship."  He catfished her and then lied about being married.  Sure there are guys in the US who could do the same thing to you, but if that happens in the US, at least you won't be stranded in a foreign country.

 

I agree that posters,  myself included,  we do have tendency to try to diagnose these people's behaviors as a mental defect. Like,  with Jenny and Yolanda,  I think they are two women who just want love and people do dumb things when they are In love. Being in love just makes you foolish sometimes. Some people are just in love with the idea of being in love. Like how Yolanda explained it. She was in love with that feeling of being in love. You build someone up to such a high standard and level it takes time to deconstruct that piece by piece and accept the reality of your situation. I do think Sumit and Jenny love each other. I didn't hold his hesitation to let his family know about Jenny against him.Expecting Sumit to defy all of his cultural norms and how he was raised to be isn't going to be an overnight process. He is taking the steps. Initially,  besides lying to her about his identity he seemed to be more stable than most. He had a job and an appartment for them. He also paid for her plane ticket the first time she saw him. I do think he will find a job and support them. I don't think they will just rely on her income. His lies I do hold that against him. In the history of this show are his lies the worse? I do hope he is truly divorcing his wife. 

 

On 6/16/2020 at 4:41 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Sorry about the empty post the software here seems buggy and won’t let you fix or delete many things. 
 

I thought Deavan’s job was face painting at a theme park. That’s the kind of seasonal work high school and college kids do.  I also remember something about wanting to do makeup for film and television (like our cold shoulder friend in Maryland) but I don’t know how feasible that is in Utah.

I had read somewhere that she worked as a sales person in a furniture store.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, Silver Bells said:

Would anyone believe my husband, who is a sports nut, LOVES this show?  He knows everyone’s name and where they are from.  Lol.

Am I your husband? Are we secretly posting to the same shameful shameful message board? Because I watched marble racing AND I believe this show and its spinoffs belong in whatever the Upside Down Smithsonian Museum is. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am personally utterly fascinated with this recurring theme on this show, now with Syngin, Paul, Kalani and Jihoon that you somehow just, get a well paying job like it is catching a fish because I heard it a few years ago after being laid off from my father and heard it from my father in law with all the COVID-19 layoffs. 

Like, surely these spouses understand on some level that none of these people are not qualified for a career in anything right now, much less a decently paying job with benefits. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2020 at 12:50 AM, mamadrama said:

Don't get me wrong, I think his segments are funny as hell, but Jihoon is passing over into Submit levels of pathological lying. This is not some dumb kid goofing off-this is a grown ass man. 

Devan is a cautionary tale.  

To me, it seems clear she wanted to catch the sort of guy her mother was talking about (BTW, why wasn't Devan expected to have a giant house and massive savings by 30?)

She thought jihoon was that guy and now she is trying to browbeat him into that guy.  He is not breadwinner material.  Her threats are useless, can't make a turd into a diamond.  

I think the only reason she is heading back is because it's hard to take care of both kids alone.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, John M said:

I am personally utterly fascinated with this recurring theme on this show, now with Syngin, Paul, Kalani and Jihoon that you somehow just, get a well paying job like it is catching a fish because I heard it a few years ago after being laid off from my father and heard it from my father in law with all the COVID-19 layoffs. 

Like, surely these spouses understand on some level that none of these people are not qualified for a career in anything right now, much less a decently paying job with benefits. 

In my area there's even big competition for minimum wage work-and that was before the pandemic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size