Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ApprenticeFan

The Bachelor Season 25: Spoilers and Speculation

As Matt James announced as the new Bachelor. This thread is reserved for spoilers in the 25th season.

• Like 1

When I heard Matt James was going to be on Clare's season, I was wondering if the plan was for him to be the next lead. He seems like a cool guy.

• Useful 1

Is Mike dating someone or does the franchise just not like him?

40 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Is Mike dating someone or does the franchise just not like him?

Maybe they didn't like what they saw from him in Paradise? 

59 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Maybe they didn't like what they saw from him in Paradise? 

Yeah, maybe.  Although from what we saw he came off looking better than Colton.

Mike was a great option to be the first black Bachelor but instead we got wimpy Pete. Matt James looks like a catch and is also a good choice. This is way overdue on the part of the creators of the show but they need to do more than one and done after 24 seasons.  I would have loved to see Tayshia instead of Clare as the Bachelorette.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Like 2

Bachelor nation practically screamed last year that we wanted Mike Johnson. Instead they gave us the bland toast of a man Peter Weber

• Like 6

And I guarantee that if they could have talked Tyler Cameron into taking the gig, Matt would have gone right back to being simply a member of his entourage. 

Don't like Matt, not sure why.  But it's a long time til filming, so no telling what may happen.  

But regardless of how Matt's status became lead, it wasn't because of a couple of weeks of online, social media griping.  The network doesn't make those decisions based on what a few thousand people "shout" behind their anonymous keyboards.  

• Like 1

I never thought Mike Johnson was all that.  Even though I'd never seen or heard of Matt James before now, I'm cool with him being the Bachelor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

But regardless of how Matt's status became lead, it wasn't because of a couple of weeks of online, social media griping.  The network doesn't make those decisions based on what a few thousand people "shout" behind their anonymous keyboards.  

I'm pretty sure the only reason he was going to be on Clare's season was to set him up as the next Bachelor, so yeah, the only think all the "shouting" prompted was a premature announcement. 

The more I see of Matt the more I think I would have preferred Mike. IDK, he, like Tyler, seems to be trying for the "I'm too cool for this shit" while also screaming "pick me pick me!!!!!" I hope he proves me wrong. I will check out his season if only to support diversity and hope he is more genuine than I currently think. And I don't mean "right reasons" and all that shit. I know that everyone who goes on this show now does it for their brand. I just feel like he's riding Tyler's shirttails and Tyler has bought into his own hype a bit. 

• Like 5

I can’t be the only one who thinks this will be a crap show.  Matt is Peter with a black dad.  That guy isn’t ready to settle down.

• Like 1

It looks like next week is Jojo and the week after is Alex (1st bachelor!) and Trista (1st bachelorette!).

Edited by Ynicknan
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Credit: Reality Steve/Twitter

In a few years, the Bachelor contestant lineup will look like this: Lauren A., Instagram influencer; Lauren B., YouTuber, Lauren C., LION*; Lauren D., TikToker; Lauren E., Pinterest board creator; etc. 

*This is a real thing; it stands for LinkedIn Open Networker and means that person will accept any connection request. I've seen people use the acronym LION after their name like they would an academic degree or professional certification.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Reality Steve has been breaking down the girls all day.  Pleasantly surprised that they actually decided to go with a more diverse cast.  Shocking for ABC/casting.

Interesting bit from RS: Madison Nelson is Matt's ex.  Dated him summer of 2019.   Why she thought coming on the show would be a good idea, I have no idea.  Lets see if she lasts more than one night, if she even makes it to the show.

And it will be interesting to see which ones make it to the show and which ones will have to find a new way to Instagram followers.

• Like 1

The notable people that you have seen on FB page:

• Mariela Pepin, goes by the name Mari during the show, she was Miss Maryland USA 2019 and placed in top 10 at Miss USA 2019. Competed with Alayah and Victoria P from last season
  • Catalina Morales, she was Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2015 and went unplaced in Miss Universe 2015
  • Kit Keenan, the daughter of fashion designer Cynthia Rowley
  • Kennedy Taylor, a cheerleader of Washington football team (formerly known as Washington Redskins)
  • Katie Thurston, a famous TikToker with 233.3k followers
Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Like 1

RS also mentioned that Abigail is partially deaf and wears hearing aids. 

If she makes the final cut for night one, I think she's the first since Sarah Herron that has been cast with some type of handicap.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:25 AM, CindyBee said:

RS also mentioned that Abigail is partially deaf and wears hearing aids. 

If she makes the final cut for night one, I think she's the first since Sarah Herron that has been cast with some type of handicap.  

They will have to be real careful with her on water dates.  Those aids run in the mid-4 to low-5 figures and simply cannot get wet.  I have one and am deathly afraid of getting it wet and shorting it out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

In Reality Steve's new blog, he says that Abigail received Matt's first impression rose.  And she was born deaf and has cochlear implants, not hearing aids.

So it sounds like she's going to make a positive impression and could end up being a fan favorite.   Wouldn't be surprised if she's in the running for Bachelorette, if she and Matt don't end up together.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but that was a VERY smart first impression rose choice from Matt if he wants the Bachelor fans who don't know who he is to like him. Much smarter than wimpy Peter giving his to the Instagram model who interrupted the other women 700 times on the first night.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Why are there no new spoilers since the 1st impression🌹 over a month ago. Surely they’re almost done filming by now and with the season airing in January, shouldn’t we have more by now?

11 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Why are there no new spoilers since the 1st impression🌹 over a month ago. Surely they’re almost done filming by now and with the season airing in January, shouldn’t we have more by now?

It is probably more challenging with them all sequestered in one resort... no out and about in public.  

• Like 2