Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Million Dollar Mistake

Quilt Fairy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

200 years ago people died living in the wilderness because something happened and they couldn’t make fire. 200 years ago people lived in the wilderness and died harvesting what they needed to live. They died before the age of a decent number of these contestants playing the game this time.

These contestants only have to last 100 days in the wilderness, not a lifetime.  Sorry we just disagree.  I'm old enough to remember when people weren't the wusses they are today.  It has shocked me how many people tap out on this show because they are scared and just don't have the grit to try to make it when it's obvious that they could have at least TRIED.  Even if they didn't succeed I would give them more respect for trying.

• Love 2

I love this show!  I think a lot goes on behind the scenes we know nothing about.  I'm rooting for the one female. In her favor is the fact she knows the cold because she works in it at home.

If she can gather enough to eat then maybe....

Somebody asked what happens if two or three make it to 100 days.  Only fair to give each one reaching that goal their $1,000,000.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I love this show!  I think a lot goes on behind the scenes we know nothing about.  I'm rooting for the one female. In her favor is the fact she knows the cold because she works in it at home.

If she can gather enough to eat then maybe....

Somebody asked what happens if two or three make it to 100 days.  Only fair to give each one reaching that goal their $1,000,000.

I think there are two women - Kielyn and Callie.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

These contestants only have to last 100 days in the wilderness, not a lifetime.  Sorry we just disagree.  I'm old enough to remember when people weren't the wusses they are today.  It has shocked me how many people tap out on this show because they are scared and just don't have the grit to try to make it when it's obvious that they could have at least TRIED.  Even if they didn't succeed I would give them more respect for trying.

I would have thought that he would have tried to make fire without the ferro rod before tapping but I understand that he knew surviving 100 days with limited food and while having to work hard to make fire every day would be incredibly hard. It takes Les ages to make fire using traditional methods on Survivor Man and he really knows what he is doing. I don’t see being practical as being a wuss. This isn’t a life or death thing, it is Surviving for 100 days to win money. 

I am not going to compare these contestants to people who had to live this life style for no other reason then they were born into it or were trying to find a new life for some reason several hundred years ago.

Dude lost a chance to win money because he didn’t take care of his gear. Now we have more time to watch folks who are more savvy and careful.

• Love 4
On 6/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, madmax said:

Obviously not the first guy to lose his "fire steel," as he kept calling it, but yeah, I would have scoured every inch of the area where I had been before I tapped.  Especially since it was his dream.

I'm sure if they have another bring back the ones who didn't make it season, like season 5, Shawn will be back.

A bit off topic:  I LOVED season 5, and especially because Sam won.

Spoiler alert....haven’t seen season 5 yet 😔

On 6/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, TVbitch said:

I'm kind of afraid to watch the after shows cuz it may spoil who the winner is by their appearance or how happy they are or something. Are they doing those live?

I was thinking the same thing. Another tipoff might be who looks the skinniest. Unless there's alot of time between the challenge and taping.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, rmontro said:

Worst mucus scene since The Blair Witch Project. 

Seems like we spent a lot of time getting to know Shawn, only for him to quickly disappear.  He explained on the aftershow that he didn't want to spend the night without fire because it was a deterrent to the predators.  

The new format is interesting, you get a million if you last 100 days.  So if three people last 100 days, do they each get a million, or do they have to split it?

they split it, those cheapskate producers would never cough up more than that.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:05 PM, Yeah No said:

I hear what you're saying but I'm sure that 200 years ago there were people surviving alone in the woods who did all those things themselves and managed to not lose their only method of fire making, and even if they did they had backup methods just in case.  I think people were more used to "roughing it" back then and knew that such a mistake could cost them their lives so they were better at not making it in the first place or improvising to overcome it if something unforeseen happened.

And I don't buy the business about the Alone contestants' minds going a mile a minute making it easier to make a mistake like that.  Every DAY since the Pandemic began that's my life to a T - feeling like I'm constantly reacting to different new situations in ways to ensure my maximum safety all while going about my shopping or whatever I'm doing at the same time.  It would be very easy for me to make the mistake of misplacing my mask or my gloves or to touch my face or (heaven forbid) have to use a public REST ROOM.  Meanwhile also having to remember the 20 other important things I have to bring with me like my cell phone, my car fob, my house keys, my wallet, my hand sanitizer, my sunglasses, my YOU NAME IT.  My mind is going a mile a minute in 20 directions every second - Should I get into that elevator?  Should I move away from that person?  Is my mask tight enough?  Will it be too dangerous to go into that store?  What do I need and where is it so I can run in and out as fast as I can without getting too close to anyone?  I am under constant stress and yet I DON'T go out without my masks or gloves, and I certainly don't misplace them because my life may very well depend on it!  Sorry but I just think that some of the people that go on this show are either not mature enough or responsible enough NOT to let these things happen.

I"m 68, dont do any of that, cause I'm not a scared little wussy.

Way too much wordiness about the "family" and missed "birthdays" and how much they miss their "families." Too repititous, takes up too much of the show and frankly, who cares? Same stuff over and over. Want to see the survival stuff: getting food, building shelters, keeping busy, etc. No more cornball prescripted-sounding junk!