Type keyword(s) to search

M600LL: The Rerun LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

She's going to miss so many appointments that in her mind she'll be underweight.  Of course she still won't be able to walk or lift her leg into a tub or breath without oxygen or pull a shirt over her stomach or . . . . 

However, unlike Penny, she can already wash her "vagina" as we saw in the opening scene.

• LOL 4
(edited)

So now she's trying to guilt the ex-boyfriend Eric, or her brother or someone else to driving her to Houston?    What they should do is get a big U-Haul van, drive straight through to Texas, and leave her at a Whataburger parking lot.  

If most of the others on this show can find an apartment from where they're living now, then she can too.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3

Pounders, 

We have decided that you have found a good path forward for rewatch live chats.  That is, bump up the existing episode thread and chat there.  Since TLC reruns and reruns and reruns again, this should be a good path going forward.  Thanks for joining us in this forum. 

giphy.gif

• Love 8

Opening the thread in case anyone wants to live chat tonight's reruns.  Now on, Chuck's first episode in which we meet his wife, Nissa, who, in hindsight, is waiting for Chuck to lose enough weight to be able to go back to work so she can dump his verbally abusive, whiny self. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Opening the thread in case anyone wants to live chat tonight's reruns.  Now on, Chuck's first episode in which we meet his wife, Nissa, who, in hindsight, is waiting for Chuck to lose enough weight to be able to go back to work so she can dump his verbally abusive, whiny self. 

He is overall abusive to his wife.  Doubt he cares much about the little one as well.

• Love 1

I guess because of the 5 minutes plus extra of commercials, we miss so much.  Didn't he owned a tow truck company? And was too fat to work.

Also, I guess the reason for the huge weight losses in the early years was bypass vs sleeve?

In the end, Chuck was the worst person who was a success.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Every time Chuck wades into that pond, I hope his crotch is covered with leaches.

[insert leech-in-Wil-Wheaton's-underwear scene from Stand By Me which I feel is kind of inappropriate to actually post here]

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Chuck doesn't see the baby at all? Wow, that must have been a nasty divorce 

There appears to be a lot of missing topic threads from the early years.  I vaguely remember lots of backstory and links contained in those threads.  

• Love 1

As I recall, Nissa was the adoptive mother, or foster mother, and I think the kid was related to her somehow.     Chuck has no rights to visitation.   I'm so glad she recognized Chuck for the abusive jerk he is, and divorced him.   The next wife dumped him pretty quickly too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Narrator: Chuck will make the same mistakes this time around. 

One hour episodes are so much better.  So much less watching people sit and stare.

Guess you didn't watch Bettie Jo and Joshua earlier today.  😁

• LOL 5

*Waves at PrincessPurrsALot*

My eating habit today was a grilled cheese sandwich and lemonade for lunch and Red Baron pizza with extra cheese for supper. I have reached maximum cheese for the day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It's Marla who damn near does the splits so her daughter can wash her snatch.

4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Are we watching Marla's episode too?

After glancing up just in time to see the above-referenced scene, I decided to go do the dishes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, mmecorday said:

Dr, Now has gotten harder to understand as he's aged.

I do like the hour long format much better. We miss out on the fast food trips along the way, but that's just about it.

And the motel stays. 

• Love 1

They should figure out if they have enough footage to make it interesting.  Flying mattresses, car accidents, peeing into a tub in a restaurant parking lot - gold, Jerry, gold! Sitting like lumps staring at nothing, not so much.  

These early episodes are enjoyable because we don't have all of the filler and no one is as aware of how they appear on TV.  Also, we don't have the "right now", "it's my only chance" voiceovers of monotony.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

At least operating rooms are cold and often have extra oxygen pumped in which makes it easier to breath in a mask.  It is tough when it's hot but it's worth it.

Marla has no desire to change.  Her kids are over it.  Maybe tonight's theme is pounditicipants whose families are sick of their bullshit behavior. 

• Love 5

I think that changed as the show progressed because they thought it made for better TV.  Problem is it became very rote.  Lose ## pounds to qualify. Person fails.  Dr. Now is angry and/or disappointed.  Therapy and/or patient tries again. Patient loses weight. Patient gets surgery. Rinse and repeat. In the first season in which they tracked people for 7 years there was no weight loss requirement prior to surgery.

• Love 1