Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: I'm in Love!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Nope, but I was underwhelmed as soon as I saw the cast announcement. Consequently, I guess it doesn't bother me too much when I'm watching because I had very low expectations.

That's not to say that I don't think that some of them are great (Juju and Shea for instance) - I just think that I found the prior season's cast so charming that as a group these really don't excite me nearly as much.  

• Love 4
On 6/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Victim Noises said:

Who was the correct exit last week? I think Mehhh-hem was the weakest, and she was in the bottom and eligible to be eliminated. Letting the queens vote for anyone is a horrible idea. It would be very easy to get an alliance together and conspire to vote out the strongest competitor who didn't win the week. 

Despite my love for her, I thought Ongina was the weakest performer last week, and so apparently did the other queens. Had they been given full latitude, she would have gone instead of Derrick Barry.

I agree that contestants voting for other contestants is a bad idea in any type of competition, and opens the door to all kinds of shenanigans. I just feel that if you’re going to give the queens that power, then trust them and let them select as they choose, or don’t do it at all.

• Love 3

I won't bet on it. For one, just because Cracker felt that way it doesn't mean that all did. And two, Ongina was more likely to get a pass than Derrick. There is a certain respect towards the older queens.

• Love 3

Mehhh-hem

Hee.  I see what you did there.  mayhem is more interesting and animated in her Boy Talking Heads then when in drag.  I never like her eye makeup either.

JuJuBee for the win.  She is my second favorite queen of all time (Alyssa being #1)

On 6/14/2020 at 3:02 AM, Gothish520 said:

Apartments.com Jeff Goldblum would be fine and dandy over here, please and thank you! 😉

I mean that her first crush Jeff Glodblum would have been several years ago, thus a younger version, and I wonder which.  Jeff Goldblum in "EarthGirls" was sexy, Jeff Goldblum in "The Big Chill" was annoying, and Jeff Goldblum in "Jurassic Park" was sexy, I guess.  

• Love 1

I could never judge something like lip-syncs.  I'm genuinely pleased by almost every performance.  It's not like I have trouble forming opinions in general either.  Watching others compare performances with such certainty therefore often fascinates me.  And I really don't mean this as a bitchy read.  I like to watch them back and try to perceive what others are saying, just for fun.  I'm a human in my 20s, but I feel a bit like the conehead children trying to understand their classmates when I do this. 😉

On 6/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, WhineandCheez said:

Hee.  I see what you did there.  mayhem is more interesting and animated in her Boy Talking Heads then when in drag.  I never like her eye makeup either.

JuJuBee for the win.  She is my second favorite queen of all time (Alyssa being #1)

I think that was a reference in JuJu’s read in the first episode