Type keyword(s) to search

LeAnn & Eddie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm so disappointed.  I really thought this would be an absolute disaster, with Leann and Eddie both bringing magnificent delusions of grandeur to the show.  But it's so boring I can't stand to watch it.  Eddie comes across as an ass and Leann seems to be an arrogant jerk, but both seem reigned in. 

The goal was to tone down their tabloid image to be more likeable and normal/relatable. They overdid it and have no drama i.e., no entertainment.

If that was their goal then it was a miserable failure. They are none of those things, more like vain, boring and so stupid it should be illegal.

Anyone think the tweeting of her ass was an accident?

*crickets*

• Love 4

She knew what she was doing. 

WTF is wrong with her face?  Why is it so bloated and tight?  Fix it Jesus.

This show is atrocious.  I can't believe it is still on the air.  So, so boring and I say this as a reality tv mega-whore.  I will watch anything.

• Love 3

Well, now we know why these two were attracted to each other. They're both incredibly boring people who are obsessed with their looks. Yawn.

And the innocently tweeted selfie of LeeAnn that showed her butt? I know I absolutely hate it when I'm cooking in my underwear and accidentally send out a photo of my thong-clad behind when I just wanted to show off my pancakes. It must happen all the time!

• Love 4

I used to think Eddie was pretty back in his Third Watch days, but now not so much. Having zero personality doesn't help.

Re the butt tweet, I am 99.999% sure it never happened. I think the entire episode was fabricated, and another slam against Brandi (who actually did have a butt-gate when some drunken photos were posted online) down to the episode title "Eating and Tweeting" a play on Brandi's book. Of course LeAnn was most concerned that her stepkids would see that photo (as opposed to their real mother who doesn't care like Leann!) Forget the fact that there are tons of bikini butt pics of Leann online if someone is so inclined to look. 

The agenda of this show is so transparent. And no, I'm not a fan of Brandi either, but...just sayin'.

• Love 1

Eddie's aged like a decade over the course of dating Leann. He looks so much older now.

I've never seen the "butt pic" but there's plenty of pics of her butt in itty bitty bikinis online. I also think the Dallas role was something they made up for this show.

Did anyone see their Songs and Hymns Inspired by the Tabloids? Its a shame Leann's career has come to this.

• Love 2

Eddie's aged like a decade over the course of dating Leann. He looks so much older now.

I've never seen the "butt pic" but there's plenty of pics of her butt in itty bitty bikinis online. I also think the Dallas role was something they made up for this show.

Did anyone see their Songs and Hymns Inspired by the Tabloids? Its a shame Leann's career has come to this.

No, I didn't watch her videos. I bought LeeAnn's last album, and won't buy another. Her voice sounded really rough on a lot of the songs, and the lyrics were either immature or outright scandalous.

I used to wonder why Brandi Glanville couldn't seem to get over the fact that Eddie left her for LeeAnn. I mean, eventually you've got to move on no matter how hurt you were. But how can she when LeeAnn provokes by doing an album of songs about adultery? My jaw dropped when I listened to "Borrowed", which is a song about "borrowing" someone else's husband and not wanting to give him back. The whole thing was just childish.

• Love 1

I agree, as disgusting as I find Brandi to be, she has some valid reasons for her continued animosity. I also found it quite disingenuous for LeeAnn to say "I did one negative thing and now they see everything as negative"  No, LeeAnn just no. Every time you kissed and screwed someone else's husband and lied about it, those were all negative things. Recording a song celebrating it is a negative thing. Taking potshots/cheap shots at the person whose life you decimated is a negative thing,  I see way more than one negative thing,

Not that Brandi is any better but every time she bitches about it, I can give her some slack. She has cause to be pissed for how ever long she wants. IMO

• Love 3

That line about doing "one negative thing" annoyed me too. She acts like she made one minor bad decision in life and is being unfairly criticized in perpetuity. She seems to have absolutely no remorse at all and no concerns for the many and long-lasting ramifications of her actions, most importantly on two kids. I sincerely hope this delusional, selfish narcissist never has any kids of her own to mess up.

• Love 3

And who up thread said she can sing? I trust you were being hella sarcastic. She sounded horrible tonight at that bar...she must have major post production studio work on her albums, cos live she sucks...sounded like a horse. And in the intro, it's hilarious that when Eddie was talking about how Leann has own multiple awards, it shows all the awards she won circa 1990s, BEFORE she met him, back when 'I Hope You Dance' was burning up the charts.

"I Hope You Dance" is actually Lee Ann Womack. And as much as I despise LeAnn Rimes, I think she has a fantastic voice. She overdoes it a la Christina Aguilera sometimes, and is preening a lot on this show, but the girl is exceptional.

• Love 1

After this last episode, maybe they should call it "Eating While Talking." Because seriously, like four separate scenes of them talking with their mouths full, smacking and slurping. So gross.

I'm still not clear why LeAnn couldn't accompany Eddie to Dallas, especially since she's from here. What exactly is keeping her in L.A., anyway? When she had her friends over she was talking out of both sides of her mouth about how she's a "Southern girl" but also "totally L.A. now." Pick a lane, hon! I actually guffawed when she said she was raised in the "Deep South." Garland, TX, is not exactly Charleston or Biloxi. She really should have come back to Dallas and gotten a refresher course. 

They are even less self-aware than I thought, if they think this show is at all helping their image. They both come across as spiteful and vain, and they seem to have really pointless lives. If I had LeAnn's talent (and money), I sure as heck wouldn't be squandering my life on tawdry affairs and expensive but ill-fitting clothing.

• Love 2

That line about doing "one negative thing" annoyed me too. She acts like she made one minor bad decision in life and is being unfairly criticized in perpetuity. She seems to have absolutely no remorse at all and no concerns for the many and long-lasting ramifications of her actions, most importantly on two kids. I sincerely hope this delusional, selfish narcissist never has any kids of her own to mess up.

I've been hearing rumors on and off for the past few years that Eddie had a vasectomy so its funny for her to play up the need for a baby angle on this show because unless he reversed his vasectomy they aren't having any kids.

• Love 1

I might be one of the few who find them "cute" together...and I don't blame Leann at all. In my world (thanks JJ!), it takes TWO to tango. And NO man can be "borrowed" unless he wants to be. This is what Brandi needs to realize. It really irritates me when women bash other women, especially since Eddie is at least 50% at fault for breaking up his marriage to Brandi.  

• Love 2

I haven't paid much attention to all the back and forth and ins and outs of all the drama once LeAnn and Eddie officially got together because I think all three are hot messes in my opinion. That being said, I do remember that when the LeAnn and Eddie scandal first broke, Eddie not only denied the affair but went on about how much he loved his wife and loved his family and they were his priority or some such crap and then they all walked the red carpet together a few weeks later at some event.

Cue some weeks or maybe a month or two later and Brandi was telling US Weekly and other tabloids that LeAnn would not leave Eddie alone and kept calling him and coming after him even while he and Brandi were trying to move past things and make their marriage work. Also, I may be wrong with this, but I could swear that Brandi was the one who filed against Eddie and ultimately pulled the plug on the marriage when she found out LeAnn was just one of many that Eddie had banged and I think one of the women was some acquaintance of hers.

So no, I am certainly not letting Eddie off the hook and I don't get the impression Brandi does either since from all I've heard about their social media drama, she throws shade at him as much as she does LeAnn as well. But I'm sorry, I cannot fault her for her hate on LeAnn especially if she and Eddie really were trying to move past what happened and there was LeAnn calling. And I know for a fact Eddie really did try to deny he was ever with LeAnn at first because Guiliana from E! even asked LeAnn about that in that exclusive interview she did - basically how she felt when Eddie basically denied the whole thing and talked about how in love with his wife and family he was and LeAnn gave some lame ass "he had children, I respected his decision to handle the situation as he saw fit at the time..."

YMMV but I find nothing cute or adorable about LeAnn and Eddie. They can claim all they want that Brandi is the crazy one, she's the one instigating but as Wendy Williams said to LeAnn to her face on her show, "two wrongs don't make a right and someone has to be an adult at some point." All three of them as far as I'm concerned come across as a bunch of hot ass messes - selfish, narcissistic and obnoxious. There is nothing appealing about Eddie making snarky comment after comment about the mother of his children, LeAnn in the brief time they've been together has wasted away and been carted off for "dehydration and exhaustion" and I cannot believe anyone seriously thinks that if he hasn't already, Eddie isn't going to eventually start banging some other woman. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

So far all I'm getting from this show is that Eddie has a thing for squinty eyed, needy, unstable blond women. And cheating on them. Seriously Leann could be Brandi if you take off 10 years and 5 inches and I'm pretty sure Eddie is cheating on her or at least Leanne thinks so, hence the taking a job out of town drama.

Hmmm. Wasn't that the same reason Tori Spelling didn't want her husband taking an out of town job?

Not that they're not gonna cheat anyway--it's just considerable easier on them planning-wise.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what I was expecting, obviously Leann and Eddie were not going to achieve Flavor of Love levels of VH1 Reality show greatness, but I thought it'd be at least interesting.  The butt pic thing never happened in real life, I guess that is the benefit of claiming the show is "scripted reality."

• Love 1

This show is really boring. I have no idea why I keep watching (or letting it play in the background while I do other stuff).

At least Eddie does seem to have a smidgen of a personality and is nice to look at. Can't really say either about LeAnn.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1
(edited)

14 year old Leann was great.  Not really sure she's consistently lived up to that level in the years since.

At best, she's let a trashy personality subvert awareness of her talent.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Eddie barely gets roles anymore as it is and the last thing I saw him in as a lead was a Hallmark Movie for Father's Day. Why the hell is he giving up roles for Leann? And this relationship has aged him.

I still don't  know who the hell he is apart from his ex on RH and affair with lee, I thought he was a baseball player or something-he ain't even anything to look at.

"I Hope You Dance" is actually Lee Ann Womack. And as much as I despise LeAnn Rimes, I think she has a fantastic voice. She overdoes it a la Christina Aguilera sometimes, and is preening a lot on this show, but the girl is exceptional.

Thanks for the clairification. All these years I thought it was Leann Rimes who sang I Hope You Dance. Glad that I can enjoy that song without associating it with her. But wasn't there a controversy surrounding her and Womack? Or maybe it was another country singer.

Anyway, take this stripe from her then I truly don't know what song she is famous for. Non-factor trying to reassurect her dying career.

And I still don't think she can sing anymore. Maybe back in the day she was amazing, but that live bit she did in the bar, plus the videos on YOuTube leave a lot to be desired. Her albums aren't selling either, and she has no current awards to speak of. Maybe she sounds great after she has been edited, mixed and mastered in the studio.

Thanks for the clairification. All these years I thought it was Leann Rimes who sang I Hope You Dance. Glad that I can enjoy that song without associating it with her. But wasn't there a controversy surrounding her and Womack? Or maybe it was another country singer.

As far as I'm aware there is zero connection of any type between Lee Ann Womack and Leann Rimes other than them both being country artists and both having some variation of the name Lee Ann.

Spiderella, the controversy you're thinking of is probably the one with Trisha Yearwood, over the song How Do I Live. The story goes that LeAnn recorded it for the movie Con Air, the producers didn't like her version and then asked Trisha to record it for the movie. Both artists ended up releasing the song as a single, and there was a bit of a competition over which was the preferred version. Rimes's version charted higher, but when they were both nominated for Grammys for the song, Yearwood won, and she also sang it at the Oscars. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Do_I_Live

Re Eddie, he was a regular on the show Third Watch, also did a stint on CSI Miami but was let go around the time the LeAnn affair was in full swing. After that came The Playboy Club, (2011) which was cancelled after a few episodes. He hasn't done much since. Apparently he started off in a soap (Sunset Beach) , but I don't remember him from back then. 

If you check his imdb, he worked pretty steadily in tv during his marriage to Brandi, but of course he was the breadwinner then. 

• Love 3

I have seen him in most of those things mentioned and I have to say I always thought he was a decent actor. Not stellar but serviceable. I think he was an episode of Criminal Minds where he was quite convincing as a psycho. On this show he's trying to convince me that he's not a complete asshat and that's working but I'm totally not buying his enormous love for LeAnn.

• Love 1

He's having the exact opposite effect on me. I came into this thinking LeAnn was the one with the unhealthy obsession with Brandi but now I think it's him. Instead of using this platform to show how happy and normal they are, he's using it to taunt his ex-wife. Not cool, especially for their children.

• Love 2

Spiderella, the controversy you're thinking of is probably the one with Trisha Yearwood, over the song How Do I Live. The story goes that LeAnn recorded it for the movie Con Air, the producers didn't like her version and then asked Trisha to record it for the movie. Both artists ended up releasing the song as a single, and there was a bit of a competition over which was the preferred version. Rimes's version charted higher, but when they were both nominated for Grammys for the song, Yearwood won, and she also sang it at the Oscars. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Do_I_Live

Re Eddie, he was a regular on the show Third Watch, also did a stint on CSI Miami but was let go around the time the LeAnn affair was in full swing. After that came The Playboy Club, (2011) which was cancelled after a few episodes. He hasn't done much since. Apparently he started off in a soap (Sunset Beach) , but I don't remember him from back then. 

If you check his imdb, he worked pretty steadily in tv during his marriage to Brandi, but of course he was the breadwinner then. 

Never watched any of those show or listen to so-called "country" music-so their work is  not familiar to me, but thanks for the FYI.

He's having the exact opposite effect on me. I came into this thinking LeAnn was the one with the unhealthy obsession with Brandi but now I think it's him. Instead of using this platform to show how happy and normal they are, he's using it to taunt his ex-wife. Not cool, especially for their children.

I agree, it's not cool and not good for the kids. However, Brandi was the one who started using this platform to bash them so in terms of them both being wrong, turnabout is fair. He's still a huge asshat, just not as much as Brandi and LeAnn are. IMO

I have seen him in most of those things mentioned and I have to say I always thought he was a decent actor. Not stellar but serviceable. I think he was an episode of Criminal Minds where he was quite convincing as a psycho. On this show he's trying to convince me that he's not a complete asshat and that's working but I'm totally not buying his enormous love for LeAnn.

Oh, yes how could I have forgotten that performance on Criminal Minds! He was the sexiest psycho serial killer ever.

• Love 1

Never watched any of those show or listen to so-called "country" music-so their work is  not familiar to me, but thanks for the FYI.

Just out of curiosity, why is it "so-called"? (I'm genuinely curious, since it's a genre name, even if it's dubious if the locations it represents are always "in the country")

still don't  know who the hell he is apart from his ex on RH and affair with lee, I thought he was a baseball player or something-he ain't even anything to look at.

Just to say, you do realize that the only reason Brandy is on RH is because she was married to Eddie.  I've never watched her show but all I know her from is her self promotion and discussion of her sex life...despite what that does to her kids. It sure sounded like to me that both her and Eddie were cheating in that relationship.  Normally I am on the side of the wronged party but in that marriage it is hard to determine who the wronged party was. Whatever faults LeAnn has, at least she seems to be a good step-mother to those kids. I think Brandy keeps it going to keep HER relevant and that LeAnn just can't help herself from responding.

• Love 1

With this show, they do more than responding, they up the hostilities. The constant bashing is tiring as LeAnn and Eddie can't take the high road. LeAnn and Eddie had a plateform, could have done something like Leah Remini, a family sitcom of some sort (that's what I heard too this project should have been) about a blended family and look like "Modern Family" so to speak but no sir, they had to pull this crap.

Good luck to the three of them, when in the future, those boys will ask why the role models in their lives were such assholes and show them the same amount of respect the adults expressed to each others.

• Love 2

I don't like Brandi's racist ass or her sloppy drunken antics so I don't feel sorry for her. She does enough to make herself look bad all on her own(those pics of her drunk with her tampon hanging out come to mind). Leann and Eddie wasted time with this manufactured drama. They should've done another TV movie instead. 

• Love 2

Isn't weird how most of their 'friends' are people they are paying? Eddie hangs out with his personal trainer, assistant, and tells private business to his barber. Reminds me of Camille in S1 of RHOBH when all she had were hangers on, and once the money dried up they all faded into the background. At least Leeann seems to have some legit friends...even if they are people from her childhood and pre-Hollywood years.

• Love 2

At least Leeann seems to have some legit friends...even if they are people from her childhood and pre-Hollywood years.

In some ways, I think that's better friendship-wise.  At least she has known these people for years & probably doesn't have to worry about them selling her out.  Plus, it's good to have people to ground you when you're in this industry. 

• Love 1