Type keyword(s) to search

LeAnn & Eddie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I have zero plans to watch this, but I find the "idea" kind of repulsive and yet fascinating at the same time. These two have gone on record saying that they are doing a reality show to "take our life back".  Yes, seriously.  They said that.  So this could be a hate-watch kind of thing for many.  The premiere is Thursday, July 17 at 8/7c on VH1.

Edited by David T. Cole
Just removed some request text.
  • Love 2

Not gonna lie.  I'm psyched for this show.  Leann is a nutjub of the highest order and Eddie is a handsome scumbag.  This show is going to be so so bad.  Like, Britney and Kevin's Chaotic bad.  I cannot wait.

As much as I hate this genre of reality show overall, I may have changed my mind about not watching any of it, and instead watch one episode--just to see if they are as repulsive as they always have seemed to be.  Then again, they've pretty much said in the press this show is about spin control on their image... so it's going to be a total pack of lies, isn't it?

Well, first let me say Eddie is one cute papi. The dimples are to die for and frankly I can't keep my eyes off him. (He and Nia Long made a striking couple in The Best Man Holiday.) Not a sterling rep re women. 

LeAnn? She has almost no equal as a singer in her genre and I wish she'd get more serious about her musical legacy. (And BTW she is great doing R & B / Blues type stuff.)  I truly hope she doesn't make a fool of herself on this show and that's a tough thing to do on these types of shows. 

Yeah, I will mos prob watch the first ep. They may surprise. They'll have a hard time matching the Crissley's. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Hurry, what network is this on?  I'm all for a good train wreck!  I can't find it...almost 9:00 pm in California...didn't it start tonight?  I saw some recaps but want to watch it first.

ETA:  I saw some clips.  Don't know if it was the entire show, but yuk.  Eddie is easy on the eyes until he tries to look at his wife lovingly.  And all the Brandi talk.  I'm thinking my ex's new deranged wife does the same.  Weirdo. 

Edited by Lablover27

I think VH1 has released the first episode online for reviews.  Haven't seen it but I have seen a couple clips and it's a little weird.  They're trying too hard!  It's only 6 or maybe 8 episodes.  I'm not sure why it's such a small season order.  I will be hate-watching this just because Leann and Eddie both amuse me with all their drama. 

When Eddie dumps her, I'll LMFAO.

Don't you think he'll cheat on her FIRST?

Or I dunno.  Given these two, either, or both, could be cheating before the marriage melts down.

• Love 1

The hell was that?

They didn't address the Brandy stuff as much as they made dickish jokes about it. Look, I think Brandy is crazy as all get out, but Leann doesn't seem any better. She's a willing participant in all those ridiculous catty twitter exchanges she and Brandy love so much.

I'm not really sure what this show is supposed to do? Are we supposed to feel sorry for them because they're hounded by the press so much? I hate to break it to them, but the only reason the tabloids care so much is because their adulterers, before that, Leann's career was pretty much over and Eddie was never really a big star to begin with. 

I did get a good laugh out of them being all "Haha we do have busy careers" because she's singing the National Anthem before skydiving and he's starring in the sequel to The Best Man.

• Love 5

Boring is right. I was playing on my Kindle while it was airing in the background. The main thing I came away with is that these people seem REALLY into what the press and/or Brandi is saying about them. Eddie was trying to act like he's above it all, by refusing to talk to the press at his premiere. But here they are on their own reality show, snarking about it the entire time. I mean, I'm not famous....never will be, so I have no idea how I would handle it if stories about me were in the magazines all the time. But they just seemed really, really fixated on it. 

And, I'm sorry, give me my handbasket - but Leann is really an unfortunate looking woman. 

• Love 9

Eddie clearly has a type: thin, blonde, and immature.  Oh and moderately to very unstable, depending on the day. 

It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but it's certainly not Must See Reality TV by any stretch of the imagination. 

He IS hot though. 

• Love 5

Ew. I just watched the first half of the first episode on fishwrapper.com and I don't think I can watch anymore. These people are sooooooo spiteful and vengeful. It's uncomfortable to watch!!! Eddie comes across as so nasty.

• Love 2

I'm thinking my ex's new deranged wife does the same.  Weirdo.

You got one of those too, huh?

The thing is, it's boring because it's nothing new.  I tuned in.  I got bored half way through but kept it on.  These people are just as bad as Dean and Tori.  Except, they're like a percentage better.  Mainly because Eddie is way hotter than Dean.  Leann is much, much, prettier than Tori.  Leann has some talent unlike Tori.  And I haven't seen either Dean or Eddie in action I'll admit.  So far, they seem to be just a tad less dramatic. 

If they don't knock off the bashing of Brandi, I'm out.  I can't stand the woman either, but it's unnecessary and she still is the mother of your boys, Eddie.  

It is somewhat nerving that she seems more into him than he to her.  And her BFF is Eddie's friends wife.  Friends wife with the worst collagen lips. Ew. 

• Love 1

I felt really sad for them. And bored by them.

You'd think they'd have an ounce of charm to spare between them both to make them either likable or interesting enough to watch further, but nope, they're known for three things: he's a good-looking D-list actor, she's a talented, award-winning country singer, and they both had messy affairs that got them in the tabloids.

That's about it.

Why do they have a tv show again? Because we're all curious enough to tune in and see what the hell they're going to do.

Not me though---I'm out because not only are they both lame, but they're both every bit as exceptionally boring as I suspected.

• Love 4
(edited)

I watched it out of curiosity, but was bored like everyone else.

All I can say is that I hope these two self-absorbed narcissists never have a baby together.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

Honestly, these two chucklefucks are just as obsessed with Brandi as she is with them.

They all need therapy to figure out why they continue to be so overly enmeshed in one another's lives and continue the publicity shitstorm they keep wagering against each other.

The only ones to suffer for this are going to be those poor boys.  I couldn't imagine the bullshit they must go through being teased at school with their drunken mother's escapades and dramatics, and now it's going to be twice as bad with these assclowns trotting out their "version" of the dirty laundry.

Maybe they can have a first-time threesome on Couples Therapy and get Eddie, Brandi and Leann on board.  I cannot believe these people are adults.  Well, at least chronologically.  Mentally is clearly another story.  

Yes, she's not even close to being "cute" let alone pretty. 

I look at the two of them together, and have a Michael Bluth moment every. damn. time.  Like, really Eddie?  Her?

• Love 7

They don't seem to like each other too much. It's more like tolerate & attempt to painfully flirt for the camera. The first episode was so boring. It's definitely a one & done for me. Even their attempts to bitch about the ex fell flat & felt lame. I can't believe their reality show isn't scripted better.

(edited)

A boring Sunday afternoon led me to catch the first twenty minutes of the first episode and I was honestly left just baffled. Because I naturally assumed this show was solely for the purpose of spinning their very negative image and trying to convince people their marriage isn't shit but honestly, all this did was confirm most of the negative things people already thought about them. 

Barely five minutes into the episode, they're bitching at each other in the limo on their way to the premiere of the movie (in which Eddie's co-starring role is really just a cameo), LeAnn is getting emotional and Eddie is looking like he could give a shit about her feelings and is honestly annoyed at her tears. And then there was all the Brandy snarking/bitching. I mean are they really that deluded to think that anyone would think that shit is funny and think positively about them? Yes Brandy may be whatever she is but how is being just as catty and hateful as her making them look any better? As someone noted above, they need to do a three-way couples counseling because they are all hot messes - Eddie, Leann and Brandy.

But personally I think Eddie is the real factor in all this. He clearly enjoys these weak, clearly unstable women he can manipulate. And they basically lose themselves trying to keep him. LeAnn is clearly so desperate to keep him in that marriage and he's just tolerating her until he can cash in something bigger. That's probably his motivation for doing the reality show - probably hoping some Kardashian type fame/money/success comes from it so he can no longer have to stick around with LeAnn and her millions. However this mess is so going to go the way of Tori and Dean's hot mess, assuming the show even lasts. 

I look at the two of them together, and have a Michael Bluth moment every. damn. time.  Like, really Eddie?  Her?

Well she had more fame and money than him when everything went down. Sure LeAnn was no longer the huge star in country music that she was when she was a teenager but she was doing very well for herself from touring and had a dedicated fanbase and was still a fairly known celebrity, certainly more so than Eddie and Brandy, with her nice, quiet simple life and marriage. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

A boring Sunday afternoon led me to catch the first twenty minutes of the first episode and I was honestly left just baffled. Because I naturally assumed this show was solely for the purpose of spinning their very negative image and trying to convince people their marriage isn't shit but honestly, all this did was confirm most of the negative things people already thought about them. 

Barely five minutes into the episode, they're bitching at each other in the limo on their way to the premiere of the movie (in which Eddie's co-starring role is really just a cameo), LeAnn is getting emotional and Eddie is looking like he could give a shit about her feelings and is honestly annoyed at her tears. And then there was all the Brandy snarking/bitching. I mean are they really that deluded to think that anyone would think that shit is funny and think positively about them? Yes Brandy may be whatever she is but how is being just as catty and hateful as her making them look any better? As someone noted above, they need to do a three-way couples counseling because they are all hot messes - Eddie, Leann and Brandy.

But personally I think Eddie is the real factor in all this. He clearly enjoys these weak, clearly unstable women he can manipulate. And they basically lose themselves trying to keep him. LeAnn is clearly so desperate to keep him in that marriage and he's just tolerating her until he can cash in something bigger. That's probably his motivation for doing the reality show - probably hoping some Kardashian type fame/money/success comes from it so he can no longer have to stick around with LeAnn and her millions. However this mess is so going to go the way of Tori and Dean's hot mess, assuming the show even lasts. 

Well she had more fame and money than him when everything went down. Sure LeAnn was no longer the huge star in country music that she was when she was a teenager but she was doing very well for herself from touring and had a dedicated fanbase and was still a fairly known celebrity, certainly more so than Eddie and Brandy, with her nice, quiet simple life and marriage. 

Yep, that's all true.  I was just opining from a purely aesthetic (aka: superficial!) point of view. 

According to Dlisted today, the ratings for this show were beyond shitty, just wayyyy below projected numbers---so we'll see if this shitfest even manages to survive an entire season.

• Love 2

It was pretty bad.  And I am not one of the viewers they were trying to capture as I didn't watch due to the whole affair and Brandi debacle.  I tuned in for Eddie.  Not the Eddie that we know due to all of this bs drama, but the Eddie I saw on a tv show years ago.  Anyone remember the Celebrity Poker Showdown series from a few years ago?  Hosted by Dave Foley.  There were various celebrities on each week, and it was quite comedic.  Eddie was on a couple of different times, I believe, and I really enjoyed his humor.  So far removed from the guy that was on my tv the other night.  Wow...

I've found Eddie hot since Sunset Beach, but my goodness, he's such a tool. He has such a shitty personality. The constant mentions of Brandi were really annoying and I think Eddie enjoys the drama. He's like that annoying jock from high school who sat back in glee as two of the popular chicks fought over him.

Also, not buying that this couple is genuinely happy at all. There's something really depressing about Leann.

What a snooze this show is.

• Love 4

Against my better judgment, I watched another episode, but it was a chore, let me tell you.

When was this filmed? I was trying to figure out what show Eddie was up for and the only one I could come up with was Dallas. They introduced a new male character this season and I was wondering if perhaps that was the show? Either way, I don't know why he didn't take it, seemed like they were willing to work with him so he could make regular trips home. And I don't understand Leann's hand ringing over him being away for seven months.  Couldn't she go with him? It doesn't seem like she does much in LA other than stage paparazzi shots of herself at the beach, I'm sure she could relocate to Dallas for a few months and fly in for the random recording session or to single the national anthem when someone skydives.

• Love 4

So far it's an ode to showing how 'cool and normal' they are. Still think they are adulterous famewhores. This show just emphasizes it and gives me more reasons to abhor them. And she is super self centered ...would hate to be her friend. Just a selfish person so far. As trashy as I expected. Drinking game, take a sip every time they refer to Brandi...episode one, 10 minutes in, and I'm already buzzed.

(edited)

Love all the comments folks.

This forum made watching a little less torturous! Here's hoping the reality show goddess of doomed couples strikes before this crapfest gets renewed. A la Brit & KFed, Jessica & Nick, Travis & the blonde chick, the Hogans, Bobby and Whitney, and pretty much every train wrecked celeb who thinks inviting the public into your home is the way to fix your crappy marriage. "Oh but we are different because we love each other" says pug face.

And who up thread said she can sing? I trust you were being hella sarcastic. She sounded horrible tonight at that bar...she must have major post production studio work on her albums, cos live she sucks...sounded like a horse. And in the intro, it's hilarious that when Eddie was talking about how Leann has own multiple awards, it shows all the awards she won circa 1990s, BEFORE she met him, back when 'I Hope You Dance' was burning up the charts. Has she won any real awards for work in this decade? Or even since she met Eddie? According to her Wikipedia page, the answer is no. Last award win was 1998. So she's a washed up has-been who is trying to use this show as a platform to sway the court of public opinion back into her corner. If she was smart, she would have shown us that she is in the studio recording tracks and making good music (like the R&B divas are doing), not running around town internet stalking Brandi and getting drunk and fat.

And what is this constant Brandi obsession? Really lady---you haven't seen your friends in a while and the first thing you talk about is Brandi rumors? I know that Brandi is not the pinup for a model person and has her issues, but she still is the mother of the boys....no divorce or cheating cancels that out. LeAnn is way too Brandi-focused. She needs to focus on resuscitating her dying career and getting her voice back on track, instead of baby mama drama.

And now we know why we don't see Eddie in any good movies or shows. I mean, besides the fact that he's not a great actor. She forces him to stay home...so she can keep an eye on him 24/7. Reality check, he's an actor! So essentially he is killing his career just to sit home and massage her ego. And it's obvious it's just because she doesn't want him to leave her side...ball and chain. She definitely does not trust hmm and wants to keep her eye on him at all times.

I agree with the previous poster that said she is more in love than he is. He looks like he just tolerates her at worst and indulges her at best. Did anyone get the vibe that she is extremely childlike? No sense of consequences, responsibility or accountability. She blithely states that she wants Eddie to be the man of the household, but then doesn't encourage him to pursue good paying gigs. That Dallas show probably pays a lot better than anything he has been in lately, and it would have been consistent income. But God forbid if little Ms Piggy has to do anything for herself. She can't put her grown-up panties on and sacrifice to make it work...? Like come up with a plan so he can work and still have his family! Say you will move to Dallas for a few weeks, or come visit him every other weekend. The nannies are the ones caring for the kids anyway, so it's not like they can't manage a few days. He gets the kids every 2 days. That means in a week, he sees him 3 or 4 days. He could have gone to Dallas, worked for 4 days, come back and spend 3 with them. It's not like they don't have a real mom in the picture as well....? I truly don't get these people.

Edited by Spiderella2
  • Love 1

Against my better judgment, I watched another episode, but it was a chore, let me tell you.

When was this filmed? I was trying to figure out what show Eddie was up for and the only one I could come up with was Dallas. They introduced a new male character this season and I was wondering if perhaps that was the show? Either way, I don't know why he didn't take it, seemed like they were willing to work with him so he could make regular trips home. And I don't understand Leann's hand ringing over him being away for seven months.  Couldn't she go with him? It doesn't seem like she does much in LA other than stage paparazzi shots of herself at the beach, I'm sure she could relocate to Dallas for a few months and fly in for the random recording session or to single the national anthem when someone skydives.

According to the record contract she signed at the BMG offices, she had her signature at the 12/...didn't get the date. So I think it was filmed in December, which would make sense since that's when the Tyler Perry move came out. Every time he says he's a costar. I crack up. He got 4 speaking lines in the entire movie...lol! that's not a costar, that's a stand-in or background actor (forgot what they called them). His role wasn't integral at all, they could have found any attractive tall white/Latino guy to fill that role...such a D-List part.

(edited)

According to the record contract she signed at the BMG offices, she had her signature at the 12/...didn't get the date. So I think it was filmed in December, which would make sense since that's when the Tyler Perry move came out. Every time he says he's a costar. I crack up. He got 4 speaking lines in the entire movie...lol! that's not a costar, that's a stand-in or background actor (forgot what they called them). His role wasn't integral at all, they could have found any attractive tall white/Latino guy to fill that role...such a D-List part.

I remember seeing The Best Man Holiday(it wasnt a Tyler Perry movie though Eddie did one of those that came out this year) and being surprised by how little he was in it. Clearly he used his connections(he's friends with some of the male cast and had worked with them in the past) to land that role. The promo tours made his role seem bigger, probably to get the white audience to see it, and he was barely in the film.

Anyway Eddie Cibrian is one of those people who I can enjoy in a movie or a tv show but I have to concentrate solely on that role because ever since that affair my eyes have been opened to what a dbag his is.

Edited by In2You

When Eddie dumps her, I'll LMFAO.

He probably has already cheated on. LeAnn.

Seems like she's into Eddie more than he's into her.

Like little miss Spelling, she has it coming;karma'a a bitch. She could barely look at him in the limo. And why does she always have her chin in the air? Reality TV has to stop glorifying the "love stories" of these home-wrecking tramps.

• Love 1

Eddie barely gets roles anymore as it is and the last thing I saw him in as a lead was a Hallmark Movie for Father's Day. Why the hell is he giving up roles for Leann? And this relationship has aged him.

• Love 2

Wow.  This is painful to watch.  The best moment of the show happened in the second episode.  Eddie tries to carry a drunk LeAnn off to bed & cracks her head on the wall. 

Yes! It confirms for me that there are no "accidents" lol

• Love 1

So far all I'm getting from this show is that Eddie has a thing for squinty eyed, needy, unstable blond women. And cheating on them. Seriously Leann could be Brandi if you take off 10 years and 5 inches and I'm pretty sure Eddie is cheating on her or at least Leanne thinks so, hence the taking a job out of town drama.

• Love 1