Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Leverage: Redemption in the Media

This news makes me so so SO happy!

Deadline Article (casting news for those who want to be super unspoiled).

I knew we wouldn’t get Hardison full time because proudly Hodge is a lead on his own show, but this makes me squee for two reasons. Female Hacker! And we might get NANA! If Nana is some sort of geeky hacking goddess I am SERIOUSLY going to die happy.

The article also tells us what Noah’s character will be too.

• Like 3

Apparently the show is going to be called Leverage: Redemption, if this is correct. I don't think the 'redemption' is needed but whatver.

Also, James Marsters will be working with Christian Kane once again (they were both in Angel season 5) to appear in an episode. Minor details about the episode plot in the link via describing James' character.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/18/leverage-redemption-revival-james-marsters-cast-photo/ 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Apparently the show is going to be called Leverage: Redemption, if this is correct. I don't think the 'redemption' is needed but whatver.

Also, James Marsters will be working with Christian Kane once again (they were both in Angel season 5) to appear in an episode. Minor details about the episode plot in the link via describing James' character.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/18/leverage-redemption-revival-james-marsters-cast-photo/ 

I suppose they felt they needed a sub-title to make it easier to differentiate this show from the original. The redemption part presumably means the new guy, Noah Wyle's character, I guess. I'd rather centre the show around the returning characters than the newbie, especially when that newbie is yet another white middle-aged man having a mid-life crisis, since those are ten a penny in the TV world, but I daresay it gives them an angle to spin the new show off, if not the most interesting version of that angle they could have chosen. Interestingly, this article names the character as Harry Wilson. Previous press releases named him as Harry Sullivan - which was also the name of a Doctor Who companion back in the 70s! I guess we'll find out which is correct eventually.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Llywela said:

I suppose they felt they needed a sub-title to make it easier to differentiate this show from the original. The redemption part presumably means the new guy, Noah Wyle's character, I guess. I'd rather centre the show around the returning characters than the newbie, especially when that newbie is yet another white middle-aged man having a mid-life crisis, since those are ten a penny in the TV world, but I daresay it gives them an angle to spin the new show off, if not the most interesting version of that angle they could have chosen. Interestingly, this article names the character as Harry Wilson. Previous press releases named him as Harry Sullivan - which was also the name of a Doctor Who companion back in the 70s! I guess we'll find out which is correct eventually.

I wonder if Wylie was a backup plan. Maybe they wanted Hutton back but the allegations hit so Rodgers/Devlin went with a favorite of theirs. Wylie on ER was my second favorite character (hell I'm gonna watch reruns on Pop soon) but he hammed it up on Librarians too much and dragged down the vibe of the regular team. 

I know Eriq LaSalle produces and directs more than acts but if we had our choice of ER alums (he was Benton, admittedly my absolute favorite. ) I'd say bring him in. He could be connected to Hardison and/or Nana looking to join up from his own past. I know we're getting Hardison's foster sister but still. I've had my fill of Wylie. 

I'd love for Maggie to pop up and of course Sterling. Even without Nate they have history with the team. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 4

Eriq La Salle would have been fantastic!

I definitely hope Maggie and Sterling are in the new series. I would also like to see Tara. 

• Like 2

Yes, I requested the change to reflect the new name. 

When the reboot was announced, the old single thread became the Past Seasons thread.  If the new iteration is too different from the classic version of the show, we may want to split it back out.  

According to several actors plus Roger's and Devlin's Twitters it sounds like there will be 16 episodes in the season (or maybe they'll be split but they all talked about 16.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Such a cute picture. But i can’t help but think my biggest (picture) pet peeve is when 5 out of 6 people are looking at the camera and one person is looking elsewhere. Where are you looking?

• Like 1

Very excited, I clicked through some of the links above and had a bit of a fangirl moment at the mini Angel reunion (though I can't remember if these two ever met in-show).

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Very excited, I clicked through some of the links above and had a bit of a fangirl moment at the mini Angel reunion (though I can't remember if these two ever met in-show).

Yeah, they did. Spike met Lindsey in s5 before Angel knew he was back in LA, when Lindsey called himself Doyle to really screw around, in Soul Purpose and had some interactions after.  So Christian and James aren't strangers to working together.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 2