Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S05.E02: Can’t Touch This

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I was glad that someone is finally handing Hannah's a$$ to her. She's always been a real piece of work.  Lara is def wrong and too rough around the edges BUT I like to watch these 2 bulls lock horns. Can't help myself. 

Actually they are heifers but we get the idea.

I’m with you.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2020 at 5:57 PM, biakbiak said:

 Yep that is over easy. Has to be done in the right hands or the yolks get too hard.

A little trick you may or may not know. If you make bacon first, simply spoon the bacon grease over the egg several times and you will get that top film without the risky flip over

Growing up, my mother called over easy dip dip eggs, because you dip your toast in them. For years my sister would only order scrambled eggs in restaurants because she didnt know the real name and she sure as heck wasnt ordering dip dip eggs.

I didnt learn the name over easy until i was in cook school in the Marines

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

A little trick you may or may not know. If you make bacon first, simply spoon the bacon grease over the egg several times and you will get that top film without the risky flip over

Growing up, my mother called over easy dip dip eggs, because you dip your toast in them. For years my sister would only order scrambled eggs in restaurants because she didnt know the real name and she sure as heck wasnt ordering dip dip eggs.

I didnt learn the name over easy until i was in cook sschool in the Marines

Spooning the fat over is called basted eggs, you can accomplish it also by putting a lid on for the last 30 seconds or so.  Dip dip is a great name, I like to cut my toast into strips or triangles especially for dipping into soft boiled eggs 🍳 🥚 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Michichick said:

I don’t like Hannah but Lara is making me be on Hannah’s side. Hannah is the boss whether she’s a bitch or not, so Lara should be doing what she’s told.

I agree.  I can't stand Hannah - to the point that I nearly didn't watch this season when I heard she was back.  BUT this Lara absolutely has me on Hannah's side.  And even I can see pretty clearly that Hannah is not the villain here, not by a long shot.  When she told Sandy she'd rather be one person down than continue to work with Lara, I thought that was not only pretty strong, but also understandable.  If I were Hannah, I would have lost my temper big time by now.  And it would take a lot of restraint for me not to throw Lara overboard.  She's practically daring Hannah to do something drastic.  What an entitled bratty bitch she is!  

Edited by DebbieM4 · Reason: too wordy
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The lead deckhand Pete Hunziker looks exactly like (a young) Gomer Pyle. 

 

On 6/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Sandy goes from laissez-faire to micromanaging so much it’s confusing as to what her style is. 

Her style is "fame and staying relevant".

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I'm just getting up to date on the new season so my apologies if this has already been discussed....but I think Malia is not ready to be a bosun. She might have the technical skills but she has no confidence in herself. 

She hasn't set any firm boundaries with her deck hands. She tells them "just treat me like one of the guys"! Really? Or her comments on how she doesn't like to be called sweetheart by her crew but never told her crew not to address her that way.

She's a wimp. Shes not ready to handle a bunch of male egos.

It seems like she still wants the crew guys to desire her sexually, but also respect her as a boss. Don't mix business with egos and things will be much more clearer to everyone.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

It seems like she still wants the crew guys to desire her sexually, 

Where do you see this? I don't see any evidence of that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

Where do you see this? I don't see any evidence of that.

It's an opinion. A perception. I never said I have proof in writing that would stand up in court. 

Most posters on this forum are just expressing an opinion. Not necessarily facts. I respect everyone's opinion. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

It's an opinion. A perception. I never said I have proof in writing that would stand up in court. 

Most posters on this forum are just expressing an opinion. Not necessarily facts. I respect everyone's opinion. 

 

 

Goodness gracious, I'm not looking for "courtroom proof" but you had to form you opinion from something you saw or heard (which is the basis of perception). 

I just can't see where you formed that opinion and I politely asked so that I could understand your statement. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Goodness gracious, I'm not looking for "courtroom proof" but you had to form you opinion from something you saw or heard (which is the basis of perception). 

I just can't see where you formed that opinion and I politely asked so that I could understand your statement. 

 

my opinion is solely based on observing malia's interactions with her male deck crew. She hasn't, so far, (unless I've missed an episode or 2) told her crew to NOT refer to her as "sweetheart". She should have stopped that the first time one of her crew called her sweetheart.but she didn't.

Her comment to her male deckhands "just treat me like one of the boys" is misleading. Does she want her all male crew members to feel free to talk about anything men talk about with each other? Like sexual encounters, jock itch, which crew members they want to bang? Which female crew may have the nicest butts? Or is she just suggesting that she is physically capable of doing anything they can do? It leaves a lot open to interpretation. 

A more appropriate comment from the bosun (female or male) might have been "I'm the bosun I'm your superior, treat me with the respect I've earned and I will do the same for you."

And I apologize if you misunderstood my previous comment. I'm always respectful of other posters opinions and I definitely meant no disrespect towards your comments as well.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Like sexual encounters, sports,  jock itch, which crew members they want to bang?

This is rhe problem, none of those except for sports is an acceptable conversation for the workplace.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

my opinion is solely based on observing malia's interactions with her male deck crew. She hasn't, so far, (unless I've missed an episode or 2) told her crew to NOT refer to her as "sweetheart". She should have stopped that the first time one of her crew called her sweetheart.but she didn't.

Her comment to her male deckhands "just treat me like one of the boys" is misleading. Does she want her all male crew members to feel free to talk about anything men talk about with each other? Like sexual encounters, jock itch, which crew members they want to bang? Which female crew may have the nicest butts? Or is she just suggesting that she is physically capable of doing anything they can do? It leaves a lot open to interpretation. 

A more appropriate comment from the bosun (female or male) might have been "I'm the bosun I'm your superior, treat me with the respect I've earned and I will do the same for you."

And I apologize if you misunderstood my previous comment. I'm always respectful of other posters opinions and I definitely meant no disrespect towards your comments as well.

So because she hasn’t done those things it means she wants the crew to desire her sexually? Wow. That’s quite a leap. If a male bosun also took a casual approach and did the same things she did would he want the guys to like him sexually?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

So because she hasn’t done those things it means she wants the crew to desire her sexually? Wow. That’s quite a leap. If a male bosun also took a casual approach and did the same things she did would he want the guys to like him sexually?

My experience as a woman in a male dominated field of work, you never say think of me as one of the boys, because obviously I'm not. Treat me with respect is all I ask.

I'm not a delicate flower, I laugh at rude jokes too. I learned fast though that being one of the boys isn't happening, and it will turn sexual towards you real fast.

Malia being the boss, you can see how the guys react to her, with disrespect and eye rolling. That is NOT on her. You do have to stomp it down real fast.
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2020 at 12:06 AM, endure said:

Spooning the fat over is called basted eggs, you can accomplish it also by putting a lid on for the last 30 seconds or so.  Dip dip is a great name, I like to cut my toast into strips or triangles especially for dipping into soft boiled eggs 🍳 🥚 🙂

That is exactly how I do it....after many, many broken yokes trying to flip them!  

I like the "dip dip eggs" name, too!  🙂 

My Mom used to make soft boiled eggs and put them in a coffee mug, with torn up pieces of white bread - we called that "egg in a cup".  Childhood memories are wonderful!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, Fostersmom said:

I'm already seeing Sandy's excuse making for Lara in my mind, just like she does for every shit crew member who she thinks is amazing. 

I could not believe my ears when Sandy actually said (about Lara), "Well she's nice to me!"; doh, of course she's nice to the Captain, are you kidding me?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Did Malia say she's dating someone in yachting and he's a chef and then they showed a picture of her and Adam?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sai said:

Did Malia say she's dating someone in yachting and he's a chef and then they showed a picture of her and Adam?

They showed a picture of her and Adam during their season and then showed a pic of her new boyfriend who has a similar look.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They showed a picture of her and Adam during their season and then showed a pic of her new boyfriend who has a similar look.

Oh ok.  I wasn't paying much attention.  I just heard her say she has a boyfriend who works on a yacht as a chef and I looked up and saw a picture of her and Adam.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, njbchlover said:

That is exactly how I do it....after many, many broken yokes trying to flip them!  

I like the "dip dip eggs" name, too!  🙂 

My Mom used to make soft boiled eggs and put them in a coffee mug, with torn up pieces of white bread - we called that "egg in a cup".  Childhood memories are wonderful!  

In the UK we call that Egg and Soldiers !! 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2020 at 7:04 PM, whydoievencare said:

I was in a restaurant in Canada that serves all day breakfast every day and they didn't know what over easy was!  Couldn't believe it.  OTOH - with Kiko - I'm wondering if the term is more North American and not a world wide term?

 

On 6/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, scrb said:

I've been to places where "over easy" was meaningless.  This included places like New Zealand and Australia.

I have only heard the terms sunny side up and over easy in the US. In the UK a fried egg is a fried egg and you just describe how you want it if you don't want a runny yolk. That is probably why you don't hear it in Oz either.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, scrb said:

Not to pain a broad brush but Italians can be entitled, with the attitude to let you know it.

Also a bit of a little man's complex, since the rest of Europe dump on them about being irresponsible, chaotic, poor work ethic, etc.

I agree. I think a lot of what you see with Lana is just because she is Italian and they are very straight talkers who don't take any stick. Hannah's problem is that she is not very accepting of anyone who isn't a native English speaker and on a boat with an international crew, you have to have a lot of acceptance for behavior that is caused by cultural differences ! Even amongst English speakers she is not very flexible toward people that have a different attitude than her !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 2:04 PM, Marvin said:

I think a lot of what you see with Lana is just because she is Italian and they are very straight talkers who don't take any stick.

What I'm seeing is a creepy blend of vindictiveness, unfocused hostility, taking pleasure in screwing with people's boundaries, and self-sabotage. All of which reminds me of Mila. I suspect Lara's CV is about as full of lies as Mila's. It's not about being Italian or any other nationality. It's about being a grifter.

I know plenty of women from cultures similar to what you describe and their direct, blunt style of communication has nothing to do with trying to dominate through aggression.

What's really disturbing about Lara is the obvious enjoyment she gets from putting people in crappy situations on purpose, like walking away from the eggs, refusing to acknowledge an instruction, and touching her boss. It's not each thing, itself. It's the revolting hunger she shows for upsetting others.

Also: As the women I mentioned don't approach conversations as blood-sports of domination, they also don't go simple and tell their bosses they intentionally showed up 30 minutes late for a shift. Oof, such a lawyer you would have made, Lara. Truly, there's a bottom-of-the-class position in some law school that should have been yours.

Edited by heavysnaxx
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 5:04 PM, Marvin said:

 

 

I agree. I think a lot of what you see with Lana is just because she is Italian and they are very straight talkers who don't take any stick. Hannah's problem is that she is not very accepting of anyone who isn't a native English speaker and on a boat with an international crew, you have to have a lot of acceptance for behavior that is caused by cultural differences ! Even amongst English speakers she is not very flexible toward people that have a different attitude than her !

There's a very big difference between being a straight-talker and being an outright, deliberately oppositional bitch.  I know many Italian people, and have spent time in Italy.  Overwhelmingly, they are all very warm and gracious.  Of course they each have different personalities, but even those who are more straight-shooters don't come anywhere near behaving the way she does. 

And putting that aside, this is a work situation and Hannah is very clearly her superior.  So it's completely unacceptable.  I can't stand Hannah, but this is not on her at all.   Lara is a bitchy problem stew who started challenging her and being disrespectful right from the start.  Hannah shouldn't have to adjust to Lara.  Lara's job entails taking orders from Hannah, and if she doesn't like that and is intent on being a pain in the ass, then she needs to go.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size