Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Watch Party - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love Tyra’s relationship with her mom.  The big surprise to me is how emotional Steve Wozniak is - not afraid to show his feelings at all.  My favorite part is watching the celebs’ interactions with their dogs.  

• Love 3

I especially like watching chef Curtis Stone, who is sooo dreamy. His wife is really funny.  Raven Symone cracks me up too.  Her reaction to gross medical shows, that’s me too.  I can’t even watch them watching it.

This show is like The People’s Couch which used to air on Bravo.  Only this one has celebrities watching instead of regular people.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I especially like watching chef Curtis Stone, who is sooo dreamy. His wife is really funny.  Raven Symone cracks me up too.  Her reaction to gross medical shows, that’s me too.  I can’t even watch them watching it.

This show is like The People’s Couch which used to air on Bravo.  Only this one has celebrities watching instead of regular people.

It's the same production company, Studio Lambert.

• Useful 1

HGTV is airing Comedians on Couches which has comedians commenting on House Hunters episodes.  I’ve laughed out loud because some of their comments were exactly what went through my mind when I watched the original episodes.  I’m hoping that the proliferation of these shows will mean the return of The People’s Couch!

• Love 2

We discovered this show a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it.  My favorite is Tyra's mother followed by Ozzie even though I have no idea what he's saying half the time.  Any sports fan would laugh at the dry sense of humor of Joe Buck.

I laugh so much while watching.

• Love 1
(edited)

Frankly, the internationally run version, under the name "Celebrity Gogglebox" (because it's actually the same show as the UK version of the show of the same name) is at least marginally better from what I've seen.  I mean literally the same episodes, but with local (and different) narration.   I'm fairly certain they're airing it in the UK that way, but I know for sure they're airing it in Australia that way, because I caught two episodes briefly dumped onto YouTube that way.  The Gogglebox narration has always come off as more entertaining to me than the US ones (on The People's Couch) and the same holds true here.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Prior to this show I thought Tyra Banks was a bit of a cuckoo-bird, but I love her and her mom on this show - they seem like a lot of fun and make me long for the pre-Corona days when I could visit my mom and spend days watching Lifetime movies with her.

• Love 2
On 6/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, Koalagirl said:

I’m hoping that the proliferation of these shows will mean the return of The People’s Couch!

Me too!  I loved that show.  I like this show too.  Tyra’s mom and Lindsey Price are my favorites because they get so into everything.  Lindsey was on All My Children approximately 1,000 years ago and I just loved her on that show, and also on Lipstick Jungle (500 years ago).  The Woz is hysterical and his wife just seems really patient and loving.  When I see the Osborne’s all I can think is their house must stink to high heaven with all those untrained dogs, the same thoughts I had when they had their own show.

• Love 1

I caught up on the last three episodes of the season tonight, and I'm left with two thoughts:

1) I was actually yelling at my TV during the seal/penguins clip of Hostile Planet. So that was three times this season they clipped that show. The first was the venus fly trap/spider thing, which I was okay with. The second was the idiot birds who have their babies up on top of like 3000 foot tall sheer cliffs, so basically for every three chicks hatched only one survives, which had me so sad I was actually crying. But if idiot birds want to have their chicks in a place where they'll almost certainly fall to their deaths, that's the idiot birds' fault. But this clip, with the asshole seal actually taunting the penguin? Oh it made me so freaking mad at the seal. Like, just eat the damn penguin, don't taunt the poor thing first. Hostile planet, indeed. I can't imagine being able to enjoy watching that show! The world is a scary, upsetting place right now, so hmm how will I relax tonight? Oh, I know, let me watch lions literally tear gazelles apart, that's relaxing! (And that reminds me, they clipped it another time, with the poor...elephants...I think? Another laugh a minute!) Seriously, I understand that nature is cruel but, damn! Seals are actual assholes.

2) I've really enjoyed CWP and wish there were more episodes to come this season. Even though it was borne out of programming need in the current times, I hope they bring it back again next summer (when life is hopefully more back to normal).

• Love 3