Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Head Games

• Start Topic

The writers probably have a double episode finale planned and don't  know  what to do until then. This week and last treaded water and next week is an art caper that has nothing to do with the plot.

(edited)

Another week of no Madeline! Yay!

Ivy Sands must have "sand" in her head! She is questioning Weller for the team's whereabouts but knew Jane was peeking from the corner (just a few feet from her) before she left with Weller and didn't bother capture Jane for torture or just follow the trail of her blood back to the bunker to apprehend her and the rest! Madeline is paying this clown big money???

Why would Ivy assume Jane made it back to the bunker? She could have passed out or died on the side of the road from her injury.

For Ivy's last feeble attempt to "unbuild" Weller, she decides to go to place where Weller is remorseful for all the henchmen/women he killed (who knew he had a high body count?). She found out quick that he doesn't care.

Now it's revealed Ivy sucks at tying up Weller. He escaped with ease, outwitted her and gave her a wicked shot with the chair.

Why did Ivy need to burn the SUV? The police are not looking for her. 

Deep down in Weller's head, (of all people) Oscar is living there?  His father gave up plans for fishing quick. Got changed and went straight for the liquor.

Zapata and Weller needed to take a train to get back to the bunker. Of course the police cameras did not see them!

Patterson just happens knows everyone's blood type? 

Why did Jane need blood? Her blood is well trained to not leave her body after getting shot.

I guess Patterson purchased a big monitor for the bunker after the surgery or there is another room with computers.

Ice Cream finds the team's bunker in no time proving Ivy is a terrible tracker (her methods needs to be reevaluated).

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I liked this episode although I was hoping the trip through Weller's head would be a little more whimsical like the time Jane went through something similar.

Weller has got some deeply rooted insecurities, I hope this was therapeutic for him. Like he blames himself for somehow knowing that his dad was a child killer and he brought Taylor Shaw around hoping his dad would kill her? That's a weird one.

Trying to trick Weller into believing his daughter has grown up to join the terrorists seems like a desperate ploy. Why not stage a fake rescue instead?

I get Weller being full of remorse for his warehouse-filling body count but he could have at least shot Ivy in the ass or something.

Rich gets the team into trouble again although it does work for me that he'd be the most likely to accidentally give up the bunker's location since he's not any kind of expert in counter surveillance.

The new bad guys have trackers that alert the police if the wearer dies. How does that work exactly? It sends a message like "Hi, we're the Deustch Bags and we're trying to hijack our art back OJ Simpson style but the people who have it are wanted, dangerous fugitives who are heavily armed. If we suddenly die could you please come and arrest the fugitives? Thanks!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

The new bad guys have trackers that alert the police if the wearer dies. How does that work exactly? It sends a message like "Hi, we're the Deustch Bags and we're trying to hijack our art back OJ Simpson style but the people who have it are wanted, dangerous fugitives who are heavily armed. If we suddenly die could you please come and arrest the fugitives? Thanks!"

I don't think those are the authorities they would be contacting. I think any mention of the team no matter how vague would be picked up by the FBI analysts along with the location of the original sender.

I thought maybe Weller made a mistake taking the terrorist's phone, but he definitely made a mistake by not killing all of them.

• Love 2

Screw Yuri - I wanted Roman to step through that door (or make at least an appearance in Weller's hallucinations)!!!

Felt like a bottle episode. As usual with lots of plot holes starting with Patterson making sure they have more or less a field hospital at the ready but never thought of making sure the team would have access to blood if needed? Granted she had a Venn diagram of the team's blood types memorized but that is uncharacteristic Hail-Mary-planning for someone like her.

I assume Zapata is travelling by Interrail? And how lucky that the village Weller was being held hostage did have a train station.

Oh well, looks we're getting a heist episode, yay!!!

58 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Felt like a bottle episode. As usual with lots of plot holes starting with Patterson making sure they have more or less a field hospital at the ready but never thought of making sure the team would have access to blood if needed? Granted she had a Venn diagram of the team's blood types memorized but that is uncharacteristic Hail-Mary-planning for someone like her.

Fresh blood can only be refrigerated for 42 days. Blood can be frozen for several years and used in transfusions, but you have to specially prepare it and keep it at -30 C.

• Love 1
(edited)

Now the team is working for Paul Rudd doppleganger...the surgery scene was almost exactly like Ronin...Jane and Zapata have the rarest blood type among Americans [< 1%

Edited by paigow
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Fresh blood can only be refrigerated for 42 days. Blood can be frozen for several years and used in transfusions, but you have to specially prepare it and keep it at -30 C.

Yeah, I actually googled all that before posting - not too much to ask considering at least half of the team is regularly in combat situations. 

• Like 1

I was bored and annoyed by this episode.  I like Sullivan Stapleton, but I'll be the first to admit that he's not the world's best actor.  He was perfect as Damien Scott in "Strike Back" - cocky and irreverent.  Damien Scott would have handled the torture in a whole different way.  I was cringing during the crying, it was awful.  

Why would Weller see Oscar of all people?  A guy he even said he never met?  Or was this Ivy pretending to be certain people... she picked Oscar, his dad, and a grown up Bethany? I don't need to see his dad on the show ever again.  I was hoping he would at least see Roman.

I know he was supposed to appear shaken up by the sight of all the people he killed, but I was surprised that he didn't kill Ivy.  She's caused nothing but problems for him and he just let her go.  At least find a way to tie her up and leave a tip for the cops.

I have absolutely no recollection of the guy that showed up at the end.  Yuri?  I vaguely remember the plot about the paintings from the Gardner museum but I don't remember this guy at all.  I also don't understand what he said.  He has some kind of biodevice on him so that if he dies, the police get notified?  Would that mean that he is working with the police to try and bring in the team? 

This is only a ten episode season, right?  I was expecting more from the final season but I would only hope they are saving all their budget for the last few episodes.  This episode and last week's episode were both basically filmed underground or inside.

I agree with the sentiment up above that I wish it had been Roman who had walked through the door.  I'm still hoping for a good ending for Roman, Jane, and Kurt.  Maybe there's still a chance.  If I could write the finale, I'd tack on a "One Year Later" epilogue.  Tasha raising her baby as a single mom, retired from the field and running a detective agency.  Patterson and Bill Nye working together on Wizardville 3.  Rich and Boston running an IT firm.  And Weller and Jane, back at the FBI, at home one day with their newborn and getting surprised when Uncle Roman shows up with a big teddy bear.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dwmarch said:

The new bad guys have trackers that alert the police if the wearer dies.

A proper set of operatives would then shoot, but not kill the bad guys.  Transport them to a train station, tie them up in a box car, and then tie them up so they die somewhere on the route of the Orient Express or somewhere.

• Love 3

Haven't been watching this season but had it on last night. It got my attention when I looked up and saw François Arnaud, who I guess was stopping by on his way home from Midnight, Texas. Wowza. And I join the others above, if Roman had made an appearance, I'd grade this episode an A+.

As it was, it got a low score from me. I haven't liked Weller since S1E1, and liked him less after his weepy crybaby scenes that went on way too long. Then the dumbass knocks the bad people out and just leaves. WTH, dude. What's wrong with shooting each one in the kneecap so they can't get up and follow you, and have to go to rehab instead of back on the street to capture and kill your ass. Like I said, dumbass.

Meanwhile, the surgery scene with Jane directing how to extract a bullet, which seems to be just sitting on the other side of her skin, was whack. I do have to add that during that scene I was eating strawberry jam on crackers. I thought that was pretty funny.

Next week the team steals a script from Leverage. Alrighty then.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

A proper set of operatives would then shoot, but not kill the bad guys.  Transport them to a train station, tie them up in a box car, and then tie them up so they die somewhere on the route of the Orient Express or somewhere.

Note to self: when recruiting henchpersons, give Dowel Jones a call.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Patterson gets her on-the-lam lipstick from the same place the 1860s Wagon Train women get their eyeliner, mascara and false eyelashes. Her hair also grew about two feet since last season. "What Up with That?" to quote DeAndre Cole.

44 minutes ago, paigow said:

Jane watched Roman die under a tree. Only a zombie or android version can come back.

Pfff! Just sprinkle some retcon magic over it!

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I still miss Leverage *sniff* (let's hope the revival/reboot is any good)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Jane watched Roman die under a tree. Only a zombie or android version can come back.

And Bobby Ewing died in Dallas. Until he got revived one morning in Pam's shower. In any case, I'd be fine with Zombie/Android Roman. Heck, we got François Arnaud last night, it be time for some Roman. Show: Take notice.

20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Let's go steal us some ... paintings? Nah, not big enough for the Leverage team. Now, if they were going to steal the museum itself....

16 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I still miss Leverage *sniff* (let's hope the revival/reboot is any good)

From your fingers to God's, I guess, eyes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, MissLucas said:

still miss Leverage *sniff* (

Just saw that the British version it was based on "Hustle' is available on Amazon Prime.  Want to watch it again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, jabRI said:

Just saw that the British version it was based on "Hustle' is available on Amazon Prime.  Want to watch it again.

Thanks for that info. I need to check if they have the last seasons that only played in Britain.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:56 AM, mxc90 said:

Patterson just happens knows everyone's blood type? 

I mean they are getting shot at every two hours and Patterson was in charge of medical. It would be really irresponsible for her to not know it.

Of course it's also irresponsible that she doesn't have blood on hand, sooo...

On 6/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, blackwing said:

Why would Weller see Oscar of all people?  A guy he even said he never met?

Because they wrote that scene for Roman and the actor wasn't availible? At least that would be my guess.