Type keyword(s) to search

America Says - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is a syndicated game show that also runs on GSN and Pluto. Very similar to Family Feud except they give you the first letter of the answers. The length of the  blank is also a pretty good hint. I think 9 times out of 10 it's pretty easy, and I often find myself straight SCREAMING at the television when there's a very obvious answer and the people are guessing the most ridiculous things.

Example: Category is pizza toppings, the blank is P_________. No one has guessed Pepperoni. But they are throwing out pizza, pickles, paint, etc. Come on!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm always yelling the answers too but figure it's harder when the pressure is on. 

The host usually says "you don't want to spin your wheels in this round." It use to annoy me but now cracks me up and it doesn't feel right when he doesn't say it. I wonder if the producers told him to mix it up a bit.

• Love 2

This is my favorite of the GSN shows right now. It's a nice variation on the Family Feud style game, it's got great "play along at home" ability (like you said @shantown and @Snow Apple) and for the most part the puzzles are terribly difficult but also not all ridiculously easy either. 

Unlike Family Feud, when they reveal the couple answers nobody got, I usually think "Oh, that makes sense" as opposed to "That's stupid."

• Love 5
On 6/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, shantown said:

This is a syndicated game show that also runs on GSN and Pluto. Very similar to Family Feud except they give you the first letter of the answers.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, JTMacc99 said:

This is my favorite of the GSN shows right now. It's a nice variation on the Family Feud style game

Another reason why I like this show is the family friendly quality.  I've stopped watching Steve Harvey at least a few years ago.

(I love how some of the people who have not watched Family Feud for years are watching the primetime Celebrity version (another of which will soon start) and are "shocked" by some of the "questions".)

I know that many people will point to other game shows (like Gene Rayburn's "Match Game") and will say that Family Feud is not hardly the only one, but I prefer to sit and watch game shows with my family (especially my children) and not have to constantly be uncomfortable.

Goodbye forever, Steve Harvey.   I'll just stick to this show, thank you.

• Love 2

I watch this show at various times and today is actually the first time I've seen one of the episodes filmed post-COVID19 with the contestants spread 6 feet apart, which has created an in-game issue IMO. Team members have always been able to confer with each other on pick-ups, the words left on the board by the other team. Now, they can't confer and have to answer individually. Granted, I've only watched one game with the new layout, but it definitely hampered both of the teams I saw. I don't think either team got even one pick-up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I always thought it would be easier to get the answer if they showed the first letter and it's not for me 😂 Still my favorite gameshow

On 6/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, ProudMary said:

I watch this show at various times and today is actually the first time I've seen one of the episodes filmed post-COVID19 with the contestants spread 6 feet apart, which has created an in-game issue IMO. Team members have always been able to confer with each other on pick-ups, the words left on the board by the other team. Now, they can't confer and have to answer individually. Granted, I've only watched one game with the new layout, but it definitely hampered both of the teams I saw. I don't think either team got even one pick-up!

It is somewhat rare for a team member to get the answer on their own with this new way of gameplay. Makes for low scoring games.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, Snow Apple said:

I didn't know they have new episodes. I'm sure they'll rerun them at least a dozen time though. Lol

Every day lol

This one of the funniest game shows I've seen. Does anyone else like it when the contestants guess the same answer multiple times? Sometimes, they even add the word "again," acknowledging they've already guessed that.