Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/8/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Joy about the irony of having to be careful with their own statements while the person they’re discussing faces no consequences. Still, I’m glad Whoopi stepped in before McCain got to speak, because just from her facial expressions while Whoopi was getting Joy to clarify, you could tell she was going to try to attack Joy. Naturally she would be more concerned about Joy Behar of The View’s statement than the president of the United States saying the same thing about millions of Americans. Anyway, I loved what Joy and Sunny had to say during Hot Topics today though. Particularly Joy saying Neo-Nazis in Germany use the Confederate flag because the swastika is banned. I honestly didn't know that.

Stacey Abrams is very well-spoken, and fiery, too. She deftly dealt with McCain’s gotcha questions. I remember one of the first times she was on this show, she made absolute mincemeat of Missy. Next to Abrams, McCain seems like a little girl playing dress-up. (And that’s not too inaccurate, actually. LOL)

Nazi ideology that targeted Jews and other minorities in Germany was based on Jim crow and other racist laws that were created to disenfranchise and oppress Black people in the United states..   So it makes sense to me that the confederate flag is used as a substitute for the Nazi flag. I was so happy that Joy brought this up.  The Nazi salute is also banned in Germany..

Stacey is a treasure and she has so much to give to the country.. Her passion for voter's rights is endearing. Nutmeg tries to take Stacey on and everybody like her intellectually and fails every time.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
(edited)
15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Stacey Abrams is very well-spoken, and fiery, too. She deftly dealt with McCain’s gotcha questions. I remember one of the first times she was on this show, she made absolute mincemeat of Missy. Next to Abrams, McCain seems like a little girl playing dress-up. (And that’s not too inaccurate, actually. LOL)

She put Meghan in her place. She simply told Meghan she didn't say that and explained what she did say. I wish more people would treat Meghan that way. Too many guests let her get away with saying things that aren't true, taken out of context and just plain offensive.  Stacey is not someone to be pushed around.  And Meghan was wise enough to not take to Twitter and complain.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She put Meghan in her place. She simply told Meghan she didn't say that and explained what she did say. I wish more people would treat Meghan that way. Too many guests let her get away with saying things that aren't true, taken out of context and just plain offensive.  Stacey is not someone to be pushed around.  And Meghan was wise enough to not take to Twitter and complain.

1000x

more people... especially her cohosts.

• Love 8
(edited)

Fri is always (afaik) taped. 

Sheesh, Meg is still pushing the GwtW thing. Fiddle dee dee.

One thing that I never ever would have believed - Spike Lee quoting Petticoat Junction.

I love, love YNB. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Fri is always (afaik) taped. 

Sheesh, Meg is still pushing the GwtW thing. Fiddle dee dee.

One thing that I never ever would have believed - Spike Lee quoting Petticoat Junction.

I love, love YNB. 

And Missy wailing that she never heard of Petticoat Junction.  Poor baby.  The world did not begin the day you were born, sweetheart.  Everyone else was rockin' out to the singing except . . . you guessed it . . . the Princess of Arizona.  Le sigh.

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

And Missy wailing that she never heard of Petticoat Junction.  Poor baby.  The world did not begin the day you were born, sweetheart.  Everyone else was rockin' out to the singing except . . . you guessed it . . . the Princess of Arizona.  Le sigh.

Groooan heh.  I did chuckle when they went to wide shots and everyones get'n down dancing and her frame was solid as a rock lol no dancing there.  But she did start to smile and move a little.  A bit to my chagrin, Im more like MM than not.  Cannot full body dance unless alcohol is involved.  A LOT of alcohol haha.  Other than that tho i just cant do it.  If im sitting at a table or something, i can dance really well..  can hear the beat and everything lol.  My legs just turn to lead.  You couldnt even be able to force me to do it hahah lead lead lead nothing doing.  But like i said, if you want a table dancer lol Im your girl!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I didn't watch today, even though the lovely YNB was there. I guess I'm just annoyed enough that Ana has only been on once or twice since the pandemic started, that I just turned the TV off when I saw Joy wasn't there today. I have no intention of watching this show without her.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't watch today, even though the lovely YNB was there. I guess I'm just annoyed enough that Ana has only been on once or twice since the pandemic started, that I just turned the TV off when I saw Joy wasn't there today. I have no intention of watching this show without her.

Watching Spike Lee refer to Trump as “Agent Orange” repeatedly made today’s show totally worth it for me. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

So Meghan's new favorite phrase is "case by case basis".

Even though she "apologized" for suggesting it as a hot topic, I see Meghan doesn't want to let go of the whole GWTW removal from HBO Max.  Luckily, I read earlier today that it'll be back on next week, so she won't have it as a topic to kick around any more.

It would have been interesting to hear a concrete example of what Whoopie had in mind when she talked about people accusing her of wanting them to be pc.

It took me a minute to figure out what was different about him when I first saw Spike Lee.  At first I was thinking, "Is it the gray scruff?".  But then I realized, "No glasses!" 

• Love 5
(edited)

Spike Lee was just so wonderful and I loved everything that he said today. If only Ana and Joy were there instead of Nutmeg who clearly was not as comfortable as the other three who were over the moon talking to Spike Lee... 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Spike Lee was just so wonderful and I loved everything that he said today. If only Ana and Joy were there instead of Nutmeg who clearly was not as comfortable as the other three who were over the moon talking to Spike Lee... 

He was awesome! There should have been 3 more segs with him instead of backing him up to the wall.  I wanted to hear him talk about the oscars and jumping into Samuel Jackson's arms.  Spike was so dam happy i was so dam happy for him.  He was literally on the moon hehe.  He's probably told it a million times lol

• Love 8
On 6/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, Neurochick said:

Late here, but I got where Joy was coming from. 

There have been countless murders of black men by police in the last few years.  There was outrage, there were protests, but nothing like what happened with George Floyd's murder.  Because people went back to their lives, work/school/friends/movies etc.

I believe this is different, because of the pandemic.  People have been shut in for months, people are out of work.  All of our distractions are temporarily gone, our lives have been reduced.  When this murder happened everybody was laser focused.  Everybody was watching.  People got angry.  They weren't protesting the quarantine, but the quarantine had a lot to do with the focus of this particular murder. 

Ive been feeling weird lately but it just seems like it goes on and on and on.  Like whats next.  Ive been trying to find a movie that would fit...i dont know, depression? Despondency?  The Rapture?  Day after tomorrow? I just have a foreboding feeling.  Wheres that bunker located?  Hah.  Bastille day, thinking about that too.  Is this the American Revolution version.  Chateau  Day is the translation.

18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I haven't seen the episode yet.  But, I would bet that this has, once again, to do with Meghan's conservative VS. Liberal view of the world.   Spike Lee spoke out against the NRA, so if Meghan appears to be nice to him, is she endorsing taking guns away from people?  she has difficulty with nuance, and seeing people in any way other than her dichotomy of left/right.   Spike Lee is on the left, so, she has to see him as the enemy.  Its exhausting.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan says she misses exercising.  I have never heard her say the word "exercising" before.  Did her gym close????

I think she was shocked too haha.  Didnt she double down and say it twice?  I also think she was surprised no one challenged it 

• LOL 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan says she misses exercising.  I have never heard her say the word "exercising" before.  Did her gym close????

Maybe she meant that she missed being exorcised? I am not sure exorcism was considered an essential service during lockdown. The only exercise I remember her mentioning was slugging whiskey and shootin up them squirrels with her automatic weapons. Also dancing sweatingly in clubs with her friends. Forgot that one.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
Sweaty dancing
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Maybe she meant that she missed being exorcised? I am not sure exorcism was considered an essential service during lockdown. The only exercise I remember her mentioning was slugging whiskey and shootin up them squirrels with her automatic weapons. Also dancing sweatingly in clubs with her friends. Forgot that one.

Hah!   ...exorcised..snarf... 🧟‍♀️👹..that was a funny one!  Tequila talking...i start typing in dot dot dot!  And many exclamation points.  Seems to be my whatchamacallit of choice...such a happy drunk lol. P.s. i thought tomorrow was Fathers Day.  Oops.

• LOL 8