Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Delphi
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 1:37 PM, iMonrey said:

Jonathan looks like he's got a little bit of a beer gut this season, and he keeps wearing midriff-baring tops which only highlight the issue. 

Isn’t Jonathan pretty committed  to the body positivity movement? I figured that was one reason he was not hiding his “imperfections”. 

Edited by dstv
  • Love 8

I've tried so many times to get into this show. I'm failing. I like the folks that are getting the help but I just don't like any of the queer guys. Especially Karamo.

But I am not feeling any connection to any of them even as just "regular" people. I wish this show had turned out better for me but I only watch when desperate.

Just my personal take on it.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:26 PM, chenoa333 said:

I've tried so many times to get into this show. I'm failing. I like the folks that are getting the help but I just don't like any of the queer guys. Especially Karamo.

But I am not feeling any connection to any of them even as just "regular" people. I wish this show had turned out better for me but I only watch when desperate.

Just my personal take on it.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I like them but also read a lot about them off the show so I feel like there is more there for me than what I'm watching. I like it better than the old show (although my crush on Kyan stays, even if he could just be my hair dresser. ; )

I also like that their being gay isn't as much on the forefront, they just are gay and helping people. When Bobby shared his story about how he was treated as a youth, I cried.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, debraran said:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I like them but also read a lot about them off the show so I feel like there is more there for me than what I'm watching. I like it better than the old show (although my crush on Kyan stays, even if he could just be my hair dresser. ; )

I also like that their being gay isn't as much on the forefront, they just are gay and helping people. When Bobby shared his story about how he was treated as a youth, I cried.

That’s true.  I like the current guys more than the OG QE, especially Tan as I’m also straddling two cultures at times.  

• Love 2
On 6/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, bijoux said:

It feels like a habit he inherited from Mom. Who really seems like a lovely woman, both physically and personality wise, but she also looks like she's been baking non-stop since 1970. But dude, that mask is miraculous. It made so much difference from just one use. 

No idea. To add to it, why didn't they do something about the beard color? Not necessarily going grey if Ryan felt uncomfortable with it, but make it look more natural at least. 

I'm going to call out the Five here. What was it with that comment about Ryan buying a house when he doesn't have a family being like a woman buying a wedding dress before meeting her future spouse? First, sexist. Second, why wouldn't he buy a house? He needs to live someplace, so why not make an investment if he has the money? He's obviously doing well for himself judging by that piece of real estate. At least Bobby was against this attitude straight off and either he or Karamo spoke about Ryan actually living his life and inhabiting the house regardless of his marital status. 

Another thing that bugged was Antoni nagging about the frozen meals. Yes, it would be good to bring more fresh food into the mix, but the dude has two jobs. He obviously needs some time savers. 

The bit we saw of him with his brothers was typical guy stuff, but it was touching how good he was with the kids and how genuinely happy the sisters-in-law were for him. The family came off like a good bunch. 

Antoni got a good deal with "Hello Fresh" and is pushing that now. Not all frozen, but very high sodium, some more than frozen in many meals (why I ignore the constant coupons) I'm sure some frozen dinners have less than 1600-2000 a portion. I think to ship they have to add more and maybe make the food taste better.

I didn't like the no family, no home comment either. Why should someone give a landlord rent when he can have a tax deduction and home if he wants it. I'm sure even traveling a great deal, most of them own a home.

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 1