Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Wildcat

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

I like that again, two episodes in a row, they did the non-cliched thing--in this case having Yolanda's family refuse to forgive her.  It was tough to watch, but good writing.

But the rest of this episode was kind of slow.

• Love 1
On 6/9/2020 at 9:36 PM, mxc90 said:

Courtney is way too trusting/naïve to just pick Yolanda from a yearbook, then reveal her identity and JSA history. For all she know, Yolanda could have taken the suit and started a life of crime or still hold anger and try to murder a kid in the hospital.

Mostly true that was problematic, but she DID know Yolanda already.  Not well, but lets be clear... she was looking in the yearbook to find out more about someone she already was interested in recruiting, not picking her randomly from the yearbook.

That doesn't mean her recruiting strategy isn't terribly naive and kind of random, but it does mean at least she's working from her real impressions of people, not photos.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, rmontro said:
20 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I am loving how Stargirl/Courtney interacts with the staff. And the way the staff appears to be “talking” to Stargirl.

It's one of the goofier aspects of this show, but it's kind of charming.  Pat said the staff was invented by Sylvester Pemberton.  He apparently has imbued it with some kind of artificial intelligence.  The staff origin matches the comics, but it might be more convincing as some sort of mysterious alien device.

The Cosmic Staff does seem to be like a bottle with a genie that is controlling the bottle. I know nothing of origin stories WRT this show, but I can imagine eventually (season 3?) we meet Cosmo, a love interest for Courtney who controls/animates the staff. 

BTW, I prefer to read "cosmic staff" rather than just "staff" so my mind doesn't make a false leap to the "staff" at the college where I worked, as in "faculty, students, and staff." Anyone else have that problem? No? I'm old.

56 minutes ago, rmontro said:

One thing that seems a little off is that you have this Injustice Society, that was able to kill the original Justice Society, who were made up of experienced superheroes.  But now it looks like they're going to be challenged by a bunch of superhero retread high school students.  I guess there's something to be said for youthful energy.

I would think that JSA went up against the InS before. Would be nice to see what happened in the fight that we saw that made the scale tip so much so that the JSA failed.

But Stargirl and friends have been lucky to go up against 1 member of the InS at a time instead of a full out battle with all of them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I would think that JSA went up against the InS before. Would be nice to see what happened in the fight that we saw that made the scale tip so much so that the JSA failed.

Sure, I'm sure they were the Jokers to the JSA's Batman.  It is a good question what happened that last time that made everything go so horribly wrong.  The villains must have had a really good scheme.  Or everybody in the JSA had a really off day.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Pat over-spiked the Eggnog at the JSA Christmas Party. Silly Pat!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, rmontro said:

One thing that seems a little off is that you have this Injustice Society, that was able to kill the original Justice Society, who were made up of experienced superheroes.  But now it looks like they're going to be challenged by a bunch of superhero retread high school students.  I guess there's something to be said for youthful energy.

The ISA is also down a few members: the Wizard is dead, the Shade is apparently MIA (it seems he was the one dragging Dr. Mid-nite in the premiere fight), and Brainwave may or may not be available.

I wonder if Jaleel's birthdate is July 7, 2007.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2020 at 7:53 AM, MarkHB said:

I liked this one enough to rewatch the CW version. Yes, I definitely think Henry feels bad about what happened, and I'm glad Yolanda held back instead of using her new superhero powers for murder. I'm wondering if he's going to turn on the IS at the end of the season.

If he feels bad why was he calling her a slut bascially for sending him a pic that he encouraged that the huge C word Cindy apparently intercepted with lighting speed and shared with everyone. Now he's dating the witch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Josh371982 said:

If he feels bad why was he calling her a slut bascially for sending him a pic that he encouraged that the huge C word Cindy apparently intercepted with lighting speed and shared with everyone. Now he's dating the witch. 

As we learned from Mona on PLL, bluesnarfing is so easy to do I'm pretty sure Cindy knows all about it.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, Josh371982 said:

The show wasn't really explicit in what Henry's involvement was. Their entire conversation was text, which makes it questionable about who was on the other end, He's looking at something on his phone the next day, but it could just as easily be a funny meme.

I'm thinking that Cindy is a super hacker or a technopath who took control of his phone or spoofed his number. Henry thinks Yolanda sent those pictures to someone else and was cheating on him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

The show wasn't really explicit in what Henry's involvement was. Their entire conversation was text, which makes it questionable about who was on the other end, He's looking at something on his phone the next day, but it could just as easily be a funny meme.

I'm thinking that Cindy is a super hacker or a technopath who took control of his phone or spoofed his number. Henry thinks Yolanda sent those pictures to someone else and was cheating on him.

The more I see things and the way that Henry reacted to the school wide picture text. I'm wondering if it was REALLY Henry who sent the original text. I mean you have to look at it, even when Cindy took Henry's phone briefly. I'm not feeling like he be the guy who goes: "Hey check out my girlfriend's rack!" 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1