Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Know Your Onions

• Start Topic

With the identity of the timeline-unraveling 'thread' revealed, the team's mission to protect him at all costs leads each agent to question their own values.

Airdate: June 3, 2020

As soon as LMD Coulson told Enoch to help Koenig, I figured he was going to end up being left behind.  But, hey, at least he apparently is sticking with Koenig and is likely going to end up being one of the reasons why the Koenigs are so into robots, clones, and so forth.  Of course, with all the time-traveling stuff, it is certainly possible they will end up bumping back into him again, but if this is it, gold star to Joel Stoffer as always.  But I'm hoping at the very least that he'll be back to reunite with Fitz at least once.

I love that; until Enoch explained everything to him, assumingely; Koenig was under the assumption that the team were actually Canadians who have spaceships and time-traveling technology, and they were fighting Martians!  He ended up being a good ally for them (even taking a bullet for them!  Twice!), despite his admittedly dated views.  Hopefully this experience taught him to nots dismiss women as "dames" and "broads" anymore!

Damn, I get why Daisy considered it, but trying to get Deke to murder Luke was ice cold!  I wonder if Mack is going to ever address that, because he clearly wasn't happy with how that almost went down!

Hmm, Yo-Yo seems to be freezing up and can't use her powers now.  I wonder what is going on there?  Other than another way to avoid having her solve almost everything, because speed powers usually can fix every situation and one wonders why they don't just use it all the time (The Flash has certainly always had that issue as well.)

Melinda wakes back up and seems... emotionless now?  I mean, she was always stoic, but she seems to be more inline with an actual robot now.  The fight scene between her and Enoch was good, even though I was worried she was going to really damage him once she got the upper-hand.

Next week:  

Spoiler

looks like we'll be getting Daniel Sousa, baby!

• Love 7

Enoch is the most likely candidate to be left behind, since he can still be around unchanged more than 15 years later.

Anyway, having the deliver a key element for the super soldier serum was quite clever. This way they could tie it in pretty handily.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Who did Fitz take with him to the past? It seems like most of the cast is with Jemma.

The only named characters that I can think of are Agent Piper and Flint as Fitz's local guards with the survivors of Deke's company in tow,

• Love 2

I like Enoch- while I know he'll be fine in the past, I'm going to miss him on my screen.

If May wasn't fazed, I'm wondering now if she is part chronicon?  Everyone is being so vague about how long Jenna's been working on things.

Was actor who played Fitz written off the show?

• Love 1

I'm sure Enoch will be back, probably next week.  All he has to do is hang around until the team makes their next pit stop in time.  That's exactly how he and Fitz got to the dystopian future "taking the long way"). 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I like Enoch- while I know he'll be fine in the past, I'm going to miss him on my screen.

If May wasn't fazed, I'm wondering now if she is part chronicon?  Everyone is being so vague about how long Jenna's been working on things.

I think that May is something more in line with Sarge than the Chronicoms 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I think that May is something more in line with Sarge than the Chronicoms 

Unfortunately that is probably it. I do hope she is actually May and not someone else. We did that last season and I never liked the Sarge character and was glad when he was gone.

I am however, happy to see Coulson again! I don't care how they brought him back, I'm glad that they did. I do wonder what is going on with YoYo's powers. Maybe she's just scared to use them. I do hope that they sort that out quickly and that she hasn't lost them for good. They solve somethings like the bottle falling but they wouldn't stop everything. I was suprised when Enoch was left behind, but at least he found a place to go. And doesn't age so they can get him at some point. I do wonder where they jumped too. As this maybe the past which case he'll still be in the future.

• Love 3
(edited)

The serum was in a HYDRA branded container..It was stolen from HYDRA and given to Schmidt in the USA so he could go back to Germany as Red Skull...but Schmidt already works for HYDRA???? HYDRA needs to improve internal communication.

ETA: Hitler was named Chancellor in 1933...So HYDRA was started by someone else???

Edited by paigow
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

No, he's still in all the promos and was involved in pre-season press, I'm pretty sure we'll be catching up with him again soon. It isn't the first time he's been absent for a couple of episodes at the start of a season - usually gets a whole episode devoted to what he's been up to in the meantime, when he pops up again.

• Love 2
(edited)

I so knew that as soon as 30s Koenig was brought onboard the ship that this is what would start his families decades of service to SHIELD, and it also apparently begins their interest in robots! I guess this is a stable time loop situation where the Coulson Crew were always going to go back in time and inspire him and start their family on that path all along unless this is maybe following what Avengers Endgame told us about time travel that it can create alternate timelines or that this was always going to happen and all of this was according to the timelines cosmic plan which also means that any attempt that Daisy made to stop the founding of HYDRA would inevitably fail because the timeline would catch up eventually because timie whimey wibbly wobbly and if HYDRA didn't ever exist then SHIELD would never exist and so therefore they wouldn't even be in the past in the first place because SHIELD never existed to have recruited them so none of this show would ever even happened but that doesn't fully account for the bad Kree future or any other possible timelines that might spin off so how could they have and oh no I've gone cross eyed...

Multiverse Theory is a bitch you guys. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8

I had assumed they were going to be stuck in the 30s all season... so are they going to be periodically jumping around fixing "anomalies" in the timeline?  Like how they used to do in Legends of Tomorrow?

Enoch gets left behind, not surprising at all.

Is this show starting to suffer the same fate as Legends?  Where powers don't get used much because of production budget constraints?  That was my first thought as to why Yo Yo is having power issues.  I don't think Daisy used her powers at all this episode, did she?  When the Chronicons were attacking, why didn't she just quake them immediately?  That would have saved a lot of time, and perhaps Enoch would have had time to get on the ship.

Not sure what's going on with May but I just want her to get back to normal.  I don't care for even colder, even more emotionless May.  I want May back in the early days of this show, when she was the legend known as The Cavalry.

• Love 5

Yeah, May is stone-cold and mopey enough normally.  Extra-strength May is just downright depressing.  Kinda like Sarge was last season.  He had Coulson's wit but none of the fun.  I don't know if May was ever really "fun" but she is even less fun now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Orbert said:

Yeah, May is stone-cold and mopey enough normally.  Extra-strength May is just downright depressing.  Kinda like Sarge was last season.  He had Coulson's wit but none of the fun.  I don't know if May was ever really "fun" but she is even less fun now.

I liked May best when she was sneaking around and sleeping with a then still decent Grant Ward.  I don't know how old May is supposed to be on the show but I'd say she's supposed to be a contemporary of Coulson.  Coulson looks like he's in his mid 50s so I'd say May is probably early 50s.  She was perhaps mid 40s and she was shacking up with a guy who was early 30s.  Good for her.

She was downright hostile to LMD Coulson.  He has all the memories of real Coulson, so I would have thought LMD Coulson is better than Sarge or no Coulson at all.

• Love 6

Chronicoms can be knocked unconscious? I guess we saw that in the first episode as well but it stood out here with both Enoch and one of the bad ones getting taken down by impact to the head. Scrambles their wiring I guess.

Mandatory comic book style good guy vs good guy (or gal in this case) fight. I feel like Enoch should have won decisively although I guess he was deliberately holding back. He said he didn't want to hurt May... and then he kicked her in the face.

This season so far has had some elements of my favorite Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles episode ("Self Made Man") where a Terminator gets stuck in the 1920's and kills someone by mistake leading to him having to fix things himself.

• Love 1

The serum was in a HYDRA branded container..It was stolen from HYDRA and given to Schmidt in the USA so he could go back to Germany as Red Skull...but Schmidt already works for HYDRA???? HYDRA needs to improve internal communication.

Not the serum itself. Something which is needed to create the serum. And it wasn't stolen from Hydra, Freddy was supposed to smuggle it out of the US with the booze. I guess it would be difficult to explain why you would want to send strange material to Germany, which at this point might not have been lead by Hitler but could be considered an unstable country at this point.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

Not sure what's going on with May but I just want her to get back to normal.  I don't care for even colder, even more emotionless May. 

Agreed. Especially since they already did almost exact storyline last season with Sarge.

Much better episode than the first one, I thought, but the central conflict wasn't exactly compelling. There wasn't a chance in hell our guys were going to make such a big change to the past, plus the rationale was a bit weird - this Mallick wasn't the big boss of Hydra, was he? It existed long before him too. Killing him wasn't going to prevent all of Hydra's crimes. Deke deciding to listen to Daisy's orders than those of his actual boss could be an interesting development but I think we all know by now that it's very easy to be forgiven for such acts of insubordination in SHIELD.

And yes, special effects avoidance to cut costs is becoming really noticeable. Daisy hiding behind some boxes and mentioning quaking the enemies as some desperate last chance plan was rather silly. Also, I have no idea why SHIELD hid from the two "cops" back in the bar when Daisy and Coulson alone managed to defeat them in the last episode.

Are they going to stick to the present mostly from now on? The 1931 costumes were pretty but other than that I really wouldn't miss the time-travel, especially with all the weird lines like "run in high heels". I am pretty sure there were plenty of women not wearing high heels in the thirties, you could have easily worn more sensible shoes, Yo-yo. Unless she did and was merely joking?

Another nitpick - being shot in the shoulder like Koenig is nothing to laugh at, he should have ended at a hospital or bled to to death even, if the show was even remotely realistic. Then again it's a show that had Jemma take out a bullet on a dirty bar plot and then the patient looking quite fine an hour later, so at least they are consistent about it. 🙂

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Much better episode than the first one, I thought, but the central conflict wasn't exactly compelling. There wasn't a chance in hell our guys were going to make such a big change to the past, plus the rationale was a bit weird - this Mallick wasn't the big boss of Hydra, was he? It existed long before him too. Killing him wasn't going to prevent all of Hydra's crimes.

And yes, special effects avoidance to cut costs is becoming really noticeable. Daisy hiding behind some boxes and mentioning quaking the enemies as some desperate last chance plan was rather silly. Also, I have no idea why SHIELD hid from the two "cops" back in the bar when Daisy and Coulson alone managed to defeat them in the last episode.

I think the way they explained it was that Wilfred Malick gave this compound to Johann Schmidt who then used it to synthesize the Super Soldier Serum, leading to the rise of Hydra.  So without Freddy delivering the vial, apparently Hydra would never have formed.  And that if Freddy had died, then he wouldn't have fathered Gideon, who rose to lead Hydra.  Or at least that's what was claimed.  I would have thought that if Freddy didn't do it, someone else would.  I don't get why that lady didn't do it herself?  And if Gideon hadn't been around to be leader, surely someone else would have done the job.

This isn't the first time they have cheaped out on Daisy not using her powers... one of the seasons I distinctly remember them having her use her powers offscreen.  We'd hear the sound and then see people flinging themselves to the ground onscreen.  But so stupid that she wouldn't even use them.  She's acting like she was Scarlet Witch in her early years, when she had a three hex limit before getting physically drained, and choosing not to use them.

With her powers, she should have just walked into that area quaking them immediately.  And Coulson is super strong and invulnerable so he should just walk in the area as a hunter instead of cowering behind a box.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I think the way they explained it was that Wilfred Malick gave this compound to Johann Schmidt who then used it to synthesize the Super Soldier Serum, leading to the rise of Hydra.  So without Freddy delivering the vial, apparently Hydra would never have formed.  And that if Freddy had died, then he wouldn't have fathered Gideon, who rose to lead Hydra.  Or at least that's what was claimed.  I would have thought that if Freddy didn't do it, someone else would.  I don't get why that lady didn't do it herself?  And if Gideon hadn't been around to be leader, surely someone else would have done the job.

The team assumed that Freddy was the thread because his family becomes important to Hydra but the reveal is that it was because he had the serum. Freddy helps transport the serum where it eventually ends up with Dr. Erskine who is forced to make the first super soldier serum turning Schmidt into Red Skull. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

This isn't the first time they have cheaped out on Daisy not using her powers... one of the seasons I distinctly remember them having her use her powers offscreen.  We'd hear the sound and then see people flinging themselves to the ground onscreen.  But so stupid that she wouldn't even use them.  She's acting like she was Scarlet Witch in her early years, when she had a three hex limit before getting physically drained, and choosing not to use them.

With her powers, she should have just walked into that area quaking them immediately.  And Coulson is super strong and invulnerable so he should just walk in the area as a hunter instead of cowering behind a box.

No Hydra was always been in the background globally waiting for Hive. They came forward during WWII in Germany and everywhere in The Winter Soldier.

Coming forward causes the S.S.R. and eventually S.H.I.E.L.D to form.

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Note to Koenig: A speakeasy without an alternative exit isn't worthy of the name speakeasy.

What really felt off was them trying to explain their walkies as telephones you don't have to plug in. Just call them two-way radios. Radios were definitely an established thing by 1931.

Simmons needs to track down a gang of thieving dwarves and steal their map so as not to be caught off-guard by the next time hole.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

What really felt off was them trying to explain their walkies as telephones you don't have to plug in. Just call them two-way radios. Radios were definitely an established thing by 1931.

I didn’t think that it was that off. To me a phone is a closer comparison to a walkie than a radio.  Besides two-way radios weren’t used in the US until 1933 and even then they were used by police and much larger than a walkie. 

I saw the stinger coming but it was still my favorite part of the episode.

Making the green goo an ingredient instead of the fully constructed serum was a good way to sidestep the serum development timeline problem. 

I'm not so sure about the timeline for Gideon Malik to be born and become important.  Based on this he can't be older than 13 when WWWII ends.  Also odd was the moment when Mac dumped the vial out onto the concrete as though it wasn't glass.

I was waiting for the Tommy guns to come out since they showed up on the wall of the Zephyr early last episode.  Coulson swinging one while wearing a fedora was a box that needed to be ticked.

• Love 2

I don't think that Yoyo's problem is about budget restrains, they most likely mostly wrote it in to explain why she didn't run out, grab Enoch and bounced back to the ship. That is always the problem with speedsters, they are so powerful that they are difficult to write around.

Maybe Fitz is travelling with Flint? With all the extra-time they had, he might have had the time to pick him up.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Dani said:

The team assumed that Freddy was the thread because his family becomes important to Hydra but the reveal is that it was because he had the serum. Freddy helps transport the serum where it eventually ends up with Dr. Erskine who is forced to make the first super soldier serum turning Schmidt into Red Skull. 

Also it doesn't seem as if they can focus exactly where the critical time windows open so they are riding the waves as they come so to speak. Sort of like Destiny in Stargate Universe went through super Stargate jumps on its on schedule. It was if the Hunters landed in 1931, followed by Simmons team, and asked where is the best place to stop a S.H.I.E.L.D. from forming and somehow had knowledge  of the super soldier serum's base component  being smuggled to Hydra in Germany through Malick.

What I don't get given their virtual immortality is why didn't the Hunters stay like a Terminator and continue the mission and go home the hold fashion way like Enoch did and is doing?  I guess even if they were just reassigned Hunters they crave the company of other Chronicoms which an anthropologist, Enoch has not.

8 hours ago, swanpride said:

I don't think that Yoyo's problem is about budget restrains, they most likely mostly wrote it in to explain why she didn't run out, grab Enoch and bounced back to the ship. That is always the problem with speedsters, they are so powerful that they are difficult to write around.

I didn't think about that at the time. Her ability would be very useful then as she could have grabbed him. Obviously they wanted him to stay in the 1930's for some reason. Because if not her grabbing him at the last second would have made for a great scene.

• Love 1

Mutant Enemy and Marvel really screwed up.  Johann Schmidt's HYDRA had nothing to do with the old HYDRA organization that the Malicks belonged to.  In 1935, he had learned about it and named the Nazis' science division after the organization.  It was Schmidt's HYDRA branch that was responsible for Erskine creating the Super Soldier serum before the latter had escaped to the U.S.  It was Schmidt who had recruited Zola, who had re-created this branch of HYDRA after the war.  The HYDRA organization that the Malicks belonged to, had nothing to do with Schmidt, Zola or the Super Soldier serum.  Mutant Enemy and Marvel have just created a major plot blooper and no one realizes this.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LJones41 said:

Mutant Enemy and Marvel really screwed up.  Johann Schmidt's HYDRA had nothing to do with the old HYDRA organization that the Malicks belonged to.  In 1935, he had learned about it and named the Nazis' science division after the organization.  It was Schmidt's HYDRA branch that was responsible for Erskine creating the Super Soldier serum before the latter had escaped to the U.S.  It was Schmidt who had recruited Zola, who had re-created this branch of HYDRA after the war.  The HYDRA organization that the Malicks belonged to, had nothing to do with Schmidt, Zola or the Super Soldier serum.  Mutant Enemy and Marvel have just created a major plot blooper and no one realizes this.

I don’t see it as a plot hole because eventually the two organizations end up being the same.  In my mind them being separate in 1931 makes the plot work better. If Schmidt’s Hydra steals that part of the serum from Malick’s Hydra it better explains why destroying the serum would stop Shield. Otherwise they could just replace what was lost. 

(edited)

Yo-Yo's Inhuman ability is her super speed, but that doesn't come with super strength built-in.  Because if she was going to dash out and grab Enoch and bring him back, it had to be done within a single heartbeat (that's the rule she gave), and she'd have to be able to pick Enoch up and run back to the Zephyr with him within that heartbeat.  How heavy is a Chronicom?  How much would carrying one slow you down?  Yo-Yo seems pretty fit, but I don't know if she could pick up Enoch and run with him, super speed or not.

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Dani said:

I don’t see it as a plot hole because eventually the two organizations end up being the same.  In my mind them being separate in 1931 makes the plot work better. If Schmidt’s Hydra steals that part of the serum from Malick’s Hydra it better explains why destroying the serum would stop Shield. Otherwise they could just replace what was lost. 

Johann Schmidt's HYDRA organization did not exist in 1931.  In fact, it was founded by Schmidt in Germany 1935.  He had learned about the organization after being assigned as head of the Nazis' science organization by Hitler.  And he named that organization after the old HYDRA.  But the Schmidt/Zola HYDRA did not have anything to do with the older HYDRA organization (the one that the Malicks belonged to) until sometime between the mid 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century.  Oh wait.  What I meant was that Gideon Malick had befriended Wolfgang von Strucker near the end of the 20th century or in the early 21st century.  That is why when Coulson and Talbot thought they had destroyed HYDRA near the end of Season Two, they never even touched the HYDRA organization that Malick had served as one of the leaders.  Don't you see?  Mutant Enemy had screwed the pooch.  They had created a major blooper.

Edited by LJones41
  • Love 1

Maybe. Flint was (is?) human, though, and only a teenager. I'm just saying that we don't really know how much Enoch weighs, or what Chronicoms weigh in general. I would suspect that they're heavier than humans per equivalent volume, but maybe not due to being made out of efficient, lightweight materials. Like many things in the Marvel universe, it's been left vague or unanswered.

10 hours ago, LJones41 said:

Johann Schmidt's HYDRA organization did not exist in 1931.  In fact, it was founded by Schmidt in Germany 1935.  He had learned about the organization after being assigned as head of the Nazis' science organization by Hitler.  And he named that organization after the old HYDRA.  But the Schmidt/Zola HYDRA did not have anything to do with the older HYDRA organization (the one that the Malicks belonged to) until sometime between the mid 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century.  Oh wait.  What I meant was that Gideon Malick had befriended Wolfgang von Strucker near the end of the 20th century or in the early 21st century.  That is why when Coulson and Talbot thought they had destroyed HYDRA near the end of Season Two, they never even touched the HYDRA organization that Malick had served as one of the leaders.  Don't you see?  Mutant Enemy had screwed the pooch.  They had created a major blooper.

I didn’t say anything that disagrees with what you wrote and neither did the show. All we know is that in 1931 Malick’s Hydra had a key part of a serum that will eventually end up being used by Dr. Erskine to turn Schmidt into Red Skull. 

As I said the fact that they are two separate organizations makes the plot work better. The idea that stopping Freddy would prevent Shield from forming only works if the serum he was carrying was one of a kind. That’s less realistic if the two Hydra’s are the same organization. 

14 hours ago, Orbert said:

Yo-Yo's Inhuman ability is her super speed, but that doesn't come with super strength built-in.  Because if she was going to dash out and grab Enoch and bring him back, it had to be done within a single heartbeat (that's the rule she gave), and she'd have to be able to pick Enoch up and run back to the Zephyr with him within that heartbeat.  How heavy is a Chronicom?  How much would carrying one slow you down?  Yo-Yo seems pretty fit, but I don't know if she could pick up Enoch and run with him, super speed or not.

Didn’t the show give Yo-Yo super strength when they gave her robotic arms? I remember a scene where she picks up something very heavy without making any effort. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dani said:

Didn’t the show give Yo-Yo super strength when they gave her robotic arms? I remember a scene where she picks up something very heavy without making any effort. 

Sounds like my memories of the Six Million Dollar Man when we all used to argue how could his back withstand what his arms and legs could do. If the Yo-Yo super strength thing was done previously then the post shrike nerfing of her powers for this episode makes sense,

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

Ha ha, I thought the exact same thing!  Steve Austin could lift a car with his bionic arm, but how in the heck could his back support it?

Yo-Yo's arms may be super-strong, but the ability to lift isn't just in the arms; it's throughout the entire body.

I'm sure we're just not supposed to think about it that much.

• Love 1

Does Yo-Yo even need super-strength for that? Her power isn't just that she has super-speed, she also automatically returns to her starting point regardless. If Enoch is within heartbeat range just rush to him, grab hold tight, then let nature take its course.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

Does Yo-Yo even need super-strength for that? Her power isn't just that she has super-speed, she also automatically returns to her starting point regardless. If Enoch is within heartbeat range just rush to him, grab hold tight, then let nature take its course.

Interesting.  I like that theory. 

I think we're all putting more thought into it than the writers actually did, but that's what discussion forums are for.

I just re-watched the episode, and the rear hatch of the Zephyr is already going up by the time Enoch comes running around the corner and sees it, and they see him.  At that point, Yo-Yo would have to take a running jump off the end of the aircraft, and get to Enoch.  Once again, it's undefined exactly how her powers are limited by things like her actual physical strength or how far she can normally run or jump.  But if your theory holds, then she'd just need to get to him and grab hold.  She would then "yo-yo" back up onto the rear deck of the Zephyr.

But this way, Ernest Hazard Koenig has a new bartender.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Orbert said:

Interesting.  I like that theory. 

I think we're all putting more thought into it than the writers actually did, but that's what discussion forums are for.

I just re-watched the episode, and the rear hatch of the Zephyr is already going up by the time Enoch comes running around the corner and sees it, and they see him.  At that point, Yo-Yo would have to take a running jump off the end of the aircraft, and get to Enoch.  Once again, it's undefined exactly how her powers are limited by things like her actual physical strength or how far she can normally run or jump.  But if your theory holds, then she'd just need to get to him and grab hold.  She would then "yo-yo" back up onto the rear deck of the Zephyr.

But this way, Ernest Hazard Koenig has a new bartender.

Or like her initial robot arms gave her great pain the stress of acceleration towards light speed kills Enoch. I know on The Flash they played with that possibility along with igniting clothing due to atmospheric friction and  then dropped it when the plot called for him to use his speed without killing or burning the clothes off of Iris.

I didn’t say anything that disagrees with what you wrote and neither did the show. All we know is that in 1931 Malick’s Hydra had a key part of a serum that will eventually end up being used by Dr. Erskine to turn Schmidt into Red Skull. 

How?  The Schmidt/Zola branch of HYDRA was never in contact with the old HYDRA until sometime during the post-World War II era.  Listen, it's just a writing mistake on Mutant Enemy's part.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LJones41 said:

How?  The Schmidt/Zola branch of HYDRA was never in contact with the old HYDRA until sometime during the post-World War II era.  Listen, it's just a writing mistake on Mutant Enemy's part.

I am curious what is the source of all this Hydra information, it seems way to detailed from the limited information in The First Avenger, Agent Carter and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes dealing with the history of Hydra combined.  In any case who's to say that the agent passing the serum to Freddy for him to take the smugglers risk and be the possible dupe wasn't part of the Hydra group taken over by the Red Skull?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LJones41 said:

I disagree because there are not enough details to know if it messes with the continuity. How do you know that there was never any contact between anyone involved in the two organizations? And the story set up of these last two episodes establishes nothing about how the serum goes from Freddy to Schmidt. Schmidt had to have heard about old Hydra somewhere in order to name his organization after them. Maybe he heard about them, stole the serum and named his organization after them just to rub it in. Maybe a member defected. Maybe a old Hydra member got captured in Germany and was forced to work with Schmidt or had the serum confiscated. Or somehow Erskine got mixed up with old Hydra and that influenced his work putting him on Hitler’s radar. There are many possibilities to move the serum from one Hydra to the other without the two working together. 

Enoch might deserve spin-off once AoS ends. The voice is something like Spock mixed with Leonard Snart (Captain Cold) from Arrowverse. "I cannot allow you to leave the-" (kicked in face) "I appreciate your vigor, but I have or-" (punch punch kick) "Agent May, you must cease. This is a futil-" (table to the face) "My endoskeleton skull is now exposed. If I were vain, that would be a problem for me."

Fun that this is now the official time-traveling geekfest show on the air. I'd take the Legends over the Agents, but it's good that they're probably not sticking to one time anytime soon.

• Love 3