Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BoogieBurns

New Girl

Great thread! We're moving away from "general discussion" type of threads because they overlap too much with "all episodes talk," so I made this into the all episodes talk thread.

I liked this moment from "Parking Spot," and I've been known to post this video on other forums when people try to make me leave a debate (usually because they know they can't win, haha):

Just discovered the show on Netflix and I'm on S3. JJ and ZD really have great chemistry together. Their first kiss actually feels like a great weird first kiss instead of a posed TV kiss.

• Like 1

I'm just getting into this show and, like FozzyBear, I'm really liking it and happily surprised by how much of a connection I see between Nick and Zoe. 

Which seasons and episodes were your favorites so far? Least favorites?! 

I started this show a week ago. I'm in Season 3 now. I don't know how to explain the fact that I do NOT like this show but I keep watching.

Like: Nick, Schmidt

Dislike: Anything Jess except Jess/Nick (WTF? I KNOW, right?!!)

I agree that their kiss in the hall was pure awesomeness. It felt passionate and awkward and real; not tv staged.

• Like 1

^I laughed so hard the first time I saw this scene. I rewatched it a bunch of times immediately, and when I came to it on a recent rewatch, it made me laugh all over again.

• Like 1

I'm rematch I got from the beginning and I forgot how great this show was at the beginning.  Season 2 might be my favorite season of a comedy ever.  I just loved all the Nick.and Jess stuff that season.  I'm on season 3 now and they just really screwed it up.  I hated the whole break up thing.   It was pointless.  The alligators have such great chemistry and there was no reason for them to break them up.

• Like 3

I just started watching last week and am into season 3 now. I'm hooked! The humor is right up my alley and I find myself laughing out loud, which is a very rare experience for me when watching sitcoms.

• Like 4

Sorry to double-post but my last post was over a month ago, so I think it's safe...

This show has taken the place of Friends as my go-to feel good show to watch while cooking dinner and doing household chores. I'm on my third viewing now. It is such a comfy, cozy show.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, RainbowBrite said:

Sorry to double-post but my last post was over a month ago, so I think it's safe...

This show has taken the place of Friends as my go-to feel good show to watch while cooking dinner and doing household chores. I'm on my third viewing now. It is such a comfy, cozy show.

Same, people kept saying HIMYM was the best replacement for Friends, but I think the whiteness of the Friends era didn't sustain through the aughts. So New Girl takes the throne from Friends. 

Have you seen Happy Endings? It's on Hulu and is a really great accompaniment to New Girl. Plenty of shared actors too.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, BoogieBurns said:

Same, people kept saying HIMYM was the best replacement for Friends, but I think the whiteness of the Friends era didn't sustain through the aughts. So New Girl takes the throne from Friends. 

Have you seen Happy Endings? It's on Hulu and is a really great accompaniment to New Girl. Plenty of shared actors too.

I have seen Happy Endings once, all the way through, back when it was on Canadian Netflix. Unfortunately I don't think I can get Hulu here. I'd love to watch it again. While I did enjoy it (it is HILARIOUS), it didn't also give me the warm fuzzies I get from New Girl.

49 minutes ago, RainbowBrite said:

I have seen Happy Endings once, all the way through, back when it was on Canadian Netflix. Unfortunately I don't think I can get Hulu here. I'd love to watch it again. While I did enjoy it (it is HILARIOUS), it didn't also give me the warm fuzzies I get from New Girl.

Agreed. The warmth matches Parks and Rec. The hangout and humor matched Happy Endings. Hulu shows need to find their way to Canada!

For some reason , I ended up watching the last season of this show today and absolutely loved it. I have only watched the pilot in the past. Is it worth it to go back and watch the whole series? It seems like there were some pretty uneven seasons and Jess is by far my least favorite character followed by Cece's husband who I can't stand. 

It's definitely better than HIMYM. I think only 2 episodes of that show ever made me laugh and I finally gave up 2 seasons before it ended. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pivot said:

For some reason , I ended up watching the last season of this show today and absolutely loved it. I have only watched the pilot in the past. Is it worth it to go back and watch the whole series? It seems like there were some pretty uneven seasons and Jess is by far my least favorite character followed by Cece's husband who I can't stand. 

It's definitely better than HIMYM. I think only 2 episodes of that show ever made me laugh and I finally gave up 2 seasons before it ended. 

Absolutely go back and watch. I will tell you, seasons 1, 2 & 4 are really worth your time. 5 and 6 are complicated because they involve a lot of hiding of pregnant bellies. Three has hits and misses, but it's a bit of a letdown after 2 (which is the best by a mile).

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 2:45 AM, pivot said:

The show is well worth watching from the beginning! I've binged it three times already, and it's always on my list for another viewing, lol. I love Jess and I hope that she grows on you, as well as Schmidt (Cece's husband!) because I find him hilarious. I love the whole cast and find the characters are much more likable than the ones on HIMYM. And they have many side characters that are funny as well. 

• Like 2