Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

However, I found Ali Wentworth a trifle cringe-worthy. I don't know if she really was that drunk but the way she was crawling all over him and pawing him made me uncomfortable. 

Yeah, there were a few moments this episode that were a little bit much.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

However, I found Ali Wentworth a trifle cringe-worthy. I don't know if she really was that drunk but the way she was crawling all over him and pawing him made me uncomfortable. 

I did not find Ali to be funny or attractive. She kept acting like she's so hot. I was shaking my head the whole time just embarrassed for her. What is she known for besides who she married?  

And which Marvel show is Mike on, because I need to see more of him!

36 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I did not find Ali to be funny or attractive. She kept acting like she's so hot. I was shaking my head the whole time just embarrassed for her. What is she known for besides who she married?  

And which Marvel show is Mike on, because I need to see more of him!

He's on Luke Cage, which I think is on Netflix.

• Love 1
On 7/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, sugarbaker design said:

He should get a new agent.

I know you're joking, but he kinda...should. He was a pretty busy star for a while there in comedies, but I haven't seen him in anything in years. 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, sugarbaker design said:

He should get a new agent.

5 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

I know you're joking, but he kinda...should. He was a pretty busy star for a while there in comedies, but I haven't seen him in anything in years. 

6 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

It was kind of weird to hear them talk about Mike Colter as being Luke Cage. That show ended in 2018.
I know these episodes were taped a while back, but damn. 

I mostly remember Mike Colter as the slightly scary character, LeMond Bishop, from The Good Wife, but IMDb shows that he recently starred in Evil (not my kind of show) and has 2 more projects in the works, so IMO, he's doing just fine: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1591496/ especially considering the effect of the pandemic on the industry. 

But I'm not familiar with his comedy work, so I don't know what I'm missing.

(edited)
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I mostly remember Mike Colter as the slightly scary character, LeMond Bishop, from The Good Wife, but IMDb shows that he recently starred in Evil (not my kind of show) and has 2 more projects in the works, so IMO, he's doing just fine: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1591496/ especially considering the effect of the pandemic on the industry. 

But I'm not familiar with his comedy work, so I don't know what I'm missing.

The first two posts you quoted, one of which was mine, was about Justin Long.  I should've used the proper name and not a personal pronoun.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The first two posts you quoted, one of which was mine, was about Justin Long.  I should've used the proper name and not a personal pronoun.

Ah! That makes much more sense!

Here's Justin Long's IMDb page, which looks like he's got plenty of projects ongoing: imdb.com/name/nm0519043/
I think he (Justin Long) is quite capable of being cast in more high profile comedic roles, but maybe he's just doing what he likes? IDK. 

• Love 2

Justin Long has been in so many projects over the past 20 years. It's crazy to me to only know him from those old commercials. He's done some great stuff and not so great stuff over the years. Now, he seems to just do what he wants. He was with Drew Barrymore for a while and he took their break up hard. Around that time, I stopped seeing him in as much stuff. But, he's always been active.

Mike Coulter is the lead on CBS's Evil. It seems to be a good size hit for them. If anyone has hbo max, he has a very sizeable role in the movie Fatale which came out last year. 

Drea is the career that needs help. Not that she doesn't work but it feels like her career stalled after Sopranos and the Joey spinoff failing. She deserves better.

• Useful 3

I found Wentworth to be incredibly annoying. I hope they never have her back.

That is, if the show continues. The network clearly doesn't give a damn about it. I mean, snow falling and happy holiday wishes at the end, in July? Given Covid, that had to be Xmas '19 or earlier. I find this show an enjoyable trifle, but it's really insulting how it's treated. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DXD526 said:

...if the show continues.

Alec Baldwin is a great host. His quick comedic wit stays focused and relevant without going off into the truly offensive. 
IMO.
But maybe the Network Execs have other issues to consider beyond the value of the host.
Like ratings and sponsors and lineups.

• Love 2