Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: All Star Variety Extravaganza

• Start Topic

(edited)
58 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Since season 9 it is the deciding factor. You always have this dance battles, during which queens who are particularly limber have a clear advantage. Beforehand the top queens put on some sort of show and then Ru announced the decision, which was more "honest" because it was pretty clear that the decision was not just based on this last performance. And before that, there was a variety of "final challenges". You can't go back to this time, because some kind of show is expected at this point, but I don't see why the show has to always boil down to a lyp sync battle.

This is your final chance to impress me and save yourself....... ru has always had the final say .... if you can show up and show out at the final then great it makes her notice you.. I don't think this show has ever been "fair" with who stays and goes because there is no way of knowing why people get booted really no one really knows what goes into her final decision because they don't keep a score card  ......maybe they do need a point system in this at some point and that would make it more fair but from the beginning Ru has always had final say

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1

I think having Ru making the final decision is more honest than a lot of shows which usually have some behind the scenes producer shenanigans but pretend otherwise.   

15 hours ago, swanpride said:

Oh please...the winner this week was just shenanigans.

You miss my point.   The winners are not producer shenanigans passed off as fair judging.   Ru makes his decision he sees fit for whatever reason he chooses.  No pretence at impartiality.   

• Useful 1

Oh there’s plenty of shenanigans that Ru and the producers are more than willing to play out for ratings, in the face of objective judgement. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the future lip sync assassins turns out to be Silky Nutmeg Ganache. 🤮

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Oh there’s plenty of shenanigans that Ru and the producers are more than willing to play out for ratings, in the face of objective judgement. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the future lip sync assassins turns out to be Silky Nutmeg Ganache. 🤮

If that happens, we will know that Ru is straight trolling us.

(But Silky is a lip sync assassin! She told us so herself all season!)

• LOL 4

I doubt that we will see Silky again anytime soon. I think she is the queen who did the most damage to her own career since Phi Phi. Except that this time around, it is not just the editing for sure.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, swanpride said:

I doubt that we will see Silky again anytime soon. I think she is the queen who did the most damage to her own career since Phi Phi. Except that this time around, it is not just the editing for sure.

Dont forget Tyra ....

• LOL 1

Don't forget that Ru is an executive producer. I do think the decisions are hers, but sometimes she has the producer hat on - what will make the best teevee, vs what the challenge or lip sync actually showed. Maybe even more than sometimes. I do think this was one of those times, and hope that now that we have that over with (one enemy has the fate of the other in her hands! What will happen!) we can proceed with more realistic decisions.

• Love 1

Re: whether Ru has gained weight, I don't think she has, HOWEVER it is clear that her silhouette has changed in the last few seasons and I think I finally figured it out. She is probably not cinching her waist as tightly anymore when in drag, perhaps for health or comfort reasons, so she's been padding her hips more than she did in earlier seasons (to proportionize properly). The effect makes her look larger but it seems like that's the reason for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Not4Me said:

OMG please let this happen! I have rarely laughed as hard in my life as I did when I saw her interpretation of "No Scrubs". It was one of the funniest things I have ever had the good fortune to witness. I thank RuPaul daily for creating this show which allows such magical things to take place. What a time to be alive!

Edited by Victim Noises
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1