Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I am loving these virtual reunions. I feel like the atmosphere is just way more casual and Andy can mute people when they're being stupid. 

I have a feeling Katie started watching this season and didn't like what she saw and went on a major diet. But I liked that she was embracing the curves this season. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Aim123 said:

I think she is pissed because Kristen did this to HER with Jax, and she forgave Kristen...and now she sees that Kristen never did change (in her eyes) and she is trying to justify her feelings toward Kristen (She is a "bad person").

Stassi definitely used it to pretend to have another reason to hate Kristin.  She is wearing herself out trying to make her look bad.

• Love 7

She didn’t fuck him like every other girl at Sur, so his ego is probably still grappling with that.

i know this was filmed a few weeks ago, but I just can’t, with everything that’s going on in 2020, believe some of these people are still so hung up on petty privileged shit (‘shit’ autocorrected to ‘white’ on my phone 😆).

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I would like to see both her and Ariana together gang up on Jax since he doesn't like either one of them because he can't compete with their jabs. So I guess Jax's new excuse for himself is that he doesn't think before he speaks and he's harmless cause you know he doesn't really mean what comes out of his mouth when he's mad. Oh, ok Jax. All is forgiven. 

And two weeks ago his reason was that he's a handicapped person 😄   The funny thing about Charli and Ariana is that I was thinking Charli's trying to take over the DGAF attitude of Ariana.  And thus far doing it better!  Them ganging up on Jax would give me a reason to like Ariana.

• Love 2

No real surprises in Part 1. Everyone's outfits looked dumb.

Jax is still a perpetual asshole.

Good for Kristin for gettin' it on regularly, but she's still a mopey drip.

Glad some of the gals called Schwartz out on his awful behavior toward Katie (and I don't even like Katie that much, and I like Lala even less).

The allure of Max is a continued mystery to me. I DO NOT GET IT. He's not great looking, and no, Dayna, he does not have charisma. There is literally no there, there. The tweets that he and Brett had sent were awful. So much about this show seems awful, considering the context of the immediate present.

Unpopular opinion: I can't stand Charli. And as someone who loathes Jax, it pains me to say so. I think she is a perfect example of scripted elements at play, because there's no way she came up with those little quips in the restaurant scenes by herself. Listen to her dim-bulb dissertation on pasta, and compare and contrast with the snappy SUR comebacks - someone was writing them for her. She's simply not that bright. The best she could do in the online reunion format was call Jax old. Real clever. I doubt there's actually a rapier wit there. She's just snotty and immensely pleased with herself at all times, which offsets the enjoyment of seeing Jax being needled.

That's all I got for Part 1.

• Love 13

Loved how Jax got all up in Sandoval's snout for bringing up his mother.  This would be the mother you have trashed over the last two seasons, Jax?  THAT mother?  What a hypocritical self-righteous asshole.  If I heard it correctly, Sandoval told Jax that he was under some delusion that his mother was going to show up at his wedding or something?  I didn't hear anything untoward in Sandoval's remarks, but if I'm wrong I hope someone here will set me straight.

And is there anyone less relevant than Lala?  "I've got to get my mojo back."  Yeah, honey, because if you don't start providing the BJ's, not only will you get no more PJ's and Randall the D-List Producer will send you packing.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And is there anyone less relevant than Lala?  "I've got to get my mojo back."  Yeah, honey, because if you don't start providing the BJ's, not only will you get no more PJ's and Randall the D-List Producer will send you packing. 

Seriously, she had NO storyline this season! She was fairly pointless and had even less of a storyline than Kristen. She needs to go.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

God Jax is an asshole. He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore. WTF did Ariana ever do to him to warrant that vitriol?

Ariana probably saw behind his mask too easily.

This format works well with this group - except maybe for LVP, who resorted to flashing the audience in lieu of scenes where employees smelled her bra, talked about making out with her, and fantisized about shaving her legs. 

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Loved how Jax got all up in Sandoval's snout for bringing up his mother.  This would be the mother you have trashed over the last two seasons, Jax?  THAT mother?  What a hypocritical self-righteous asshole.  If I heard it correctly, Sandoval told Jax that he was under some delusion that his mother was going to show up at his wedding or something?  I didn't hear anything untoward in Sandoval's remarks, but if I'm wrong I hope someone here will set me straight.

My impression of this remark was that after refusing to invite her and trashing her on tv, Jax was offended that she didn't fly in and surprise him anyway.  It being his big day (month?) and all 😄 

13 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Ariana probably saw behind his mask too easily.

This format works well with this group - except maybe for LVP, who resorted to flashing the audience in lieu of scenes where employees smelled her bra, talked about making out with her, and fantisized about shaving her lips. 

This typo is hilarious - I'm sure the "dainty" and "feminine" LVP gets her lips waxed in the utmost privacy - just like how she farts 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, princelina said:

My impression of this remark was that after refusing to invite her and trashing her on tv, Jax was offended that she didn't fly in and surprise him anyway.  It being his big day (month?) and all 😄 

This typo is hilarious - I'm sure the "dainty" and "feminine" LVP gets her lips waxed in the utmost privacy - just like how she farts 😄 

Oh-oh, you saw that before I could edit. Lips is actually funnier but, alas, didn’t happen.

• LOL 2

Was that Danica in the ugly green dress? I'm concerned the Geico gecko was killed so Danica could have something unique to wear. . And who knew padded shoulders were in style again?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Was that Danica in the ugly green dress? I'm concerned the Geico gecko was killed so Danica could have something unique to wear. . And who knew padded shoulders were in style again?

I'm reminded of that line by Maggie Smith in Gosford Park, commenting on one of the "less wealthy" guests wearing the same "dinner" dress two nights in a role."

"Difficult colour, green.  So hard to pull off."  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

That was actually Dayna in the lime/pistachio number with the mega shoulder pads. Danica looked like she was wearing some sort of blue stretch nylon thingy with a slash through the upper part of the bodice. It is kind of hard to differentiate - too many names starting with 'D' and all equally irrelevant. Hopefully no geckos or Solid Gold dancers were harmed in the costuming process.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I've only started watching this again after many seasons, so I've missed a lot of filler.

What's the deal with Jax's Mom? Has their relationship always been rocky? Was she ever shown on prior seasons? 

4 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I've only started watching this again after many seasons, so I've missed a lot of filler.

What's the deal with Jax's Mom? Has their relationship always been rocky? Was she ever shown on prior seasons? 

She was shown a couple times I think.

Jax basically blames his mom for his dad dying. Well not for dying but something about how she didn’t tell them he was sick soon enough. I 100% believe Jax was a total asshole to her because he’s Jax. Altho the sister seems to have a problem with her too so who knows.

I can’t get over Jax’s beard it looks like such shit. All that jaw jacking while high as a kite must’ve somehow made his jaw bigger lol because his jaw looks huge. Maybe it’s the way the beard sticks out.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Jax basically blames his mom for his dad dying. Well not for dying but something about how she didn’t tell them he was sick soon enough. I 100% believe Jax was a total asshole to her because he’s Jax.

Ah I see. Well I can't really imagine how it must feel to have spawned a roid-monkey sociopath like Jax, so maybe it's best for his mom not to have contact.

Jax's lower jaw seems to get bigger every time he appears on camera. Soon his giant noggin will have its own weather system (TM So I Married An Axe Murderer).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Ah I see. Well I can't really imagine how it must feel to have spawned a roid-monkey sociopath like Jax, so maybe it's best for his mom not to have contact.

Jax's lower jaw seems to get bigger every time he appears on camera. Soon his giant noggin will have its own weather system (TM So I Married An Axe Murderer).

3f2df45745d93b0226901f7e03781dd1.jpg

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Marley said:

Jax basically blames his mom for his dad dying. Well not for dying but something about how she didn’t tell them he was sick soon enough. I 100% believe Jax was a total asshole to her because he’s Jax. Altho the sister seems to have a problem with her too so who knows.

I seem to recall that Jax was pissed that his mother didn't tell him and his sister that his father was THAT sick until it was too late.  But it would not surprise me to learn that it was his father's decision not to tell his kids he was terminal - it's not that unusual.  And his mother respected his father's wishes.  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my father.  My mom called me at work and told me he was dying (I worked in SF and they lived 50 miles to the north).  I broke my land-speed record getting home to find that he had already passed away.  He had actually already died when my mother called me.  

I was heartbroken, but I was glad that my last memory of him was him saying that once the weather was nice, he was going to make me let him drive my new convertible.  I did not castigate my mother for "lying" to me.  It changed nothing.

If you want to treat your mother like garbage, Jax, that's on you.  But there's an old saying that you're going to find is true.  "No matter how strained you relationship with your mother, you will miss her terribly when she is gone."  You used yours for a storyline.  

• Love 12

What is going to surprise these chucklefucks is that within two years after VPR finally goes off the air, their biggest touch with fame will to be as the source of a question in Final Jeopardy.*  Which every one of the contestants will answer with "Who is?" and lose their money.

*..including Lala and her D-List producer.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

i’m not a fan of kristen, but why did everyone gang up in her and leave max just sitting there enjoying the show? he’s the shitty one.  

who cares if kristen was sorta friends with dayna? max is the one who slept with both of them. he is a disgusting little twerp

charli isn’t funny, and i’m sure she ate plenty of macaroni and cheese growing up in BARSTOW and attending barstow community college. the  mcdonald’s on the way to vegas is an unfortunate pitstop....get back on the freeway and get out of there  as quickly as possible and lock your doors   

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, politichick said:

People are now contacting Brittany's sponsors (she made quite the... unfortunate comment about Faith) and I believe Lisa's as well, since she keeps standing up for these people and pooh-poohing their comments as we saw with both Brett and Max in the first part of the reunion. I would've said that she employs Stassi and Kristen but that's on the show and, ultimately, on Bravo. It couldn't happen to nicer people who think captioning a photo with "nazi chic" is a good idea. 

2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

charli isn’t funny, and i’m sure she ate plenty of macaroni and cheese growing up in BARSTOW and attending barstow community college.

Charli's been pretty open about it in a podcast that she was sexually assaulted at gun point when she was younger and the trauma manifested itself as control issues with food - pasta, specifically, was one of the things that she had trouble with. She also said that it was hard for her to eat in front of other people because they just assumed she was picky and would push her to try things like that, causing her to shut down emotionally. She filmed a scene for the show about it with Scheana and I believe Danica (Scheana also confirmed it) but like everything else, it was shunted to the cutting room floor to make room for eight episodes of the Kentucky Fried Redneck Castle wedding, brought to us by Hooters, followed by the Longest Proposal Build-Up AF, brought to us by Hidden Valley Ranch. (I honestly don't know if Vanderpump Rules is the right venue for a story like that to begin with, this show doesn't do deep very well, but I'm sure they could have cut a few minutes of Jax's cheating gym adventures and no one would have complained. Except Jax.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

Wtf to that Stassi and Kristen thing calling the cops on Faith. I did not know that. So fucked up and disgusting.

What did Brittany say about Faith. I wouldn’t be shocked about anything that comes out of the stupid hillbilly bitches mouth tho.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Charli's been pretty open about it in a podcast that she was sexually assaulted at gun point when she was younger and the trauma manifested itself as control issues with food - pasta, specifically, was one of the things that she had trouble with. She also said that it was hard for her to eat in front of other people because they just assumed she was picky and would push her to try things like that, causing her to shut down emotionally.

sadly, I'm not surprised she suffered a violent assault living in that town. I think the connection to the pasta comment is somewhat of a reach...but if that's her story, she can have it.   I somewhat forgive her horrible personality, because she grew up in the creepy desert/truckstop/armpit/meth capital of CA...I shudder to think what it was like to live and actually be forced to attend the public schools there.  I wouldn't let my teenage daughter be unattended in that place for a minute. I think the state releases child moleters to live out there.

Edited by 2dogmom
11 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I think the connection to the pasta comment is somewhat of a reach...but if that's her story, she can have it. 

Unfortunately, in an act like she lived through, it's more than just the assault. Your choice, your bodily autonomy, is taken away. And a child doesn't have that much in their life that they themselves can control to take back the power but food is one of those things. I think the pasta thing was played for laughs on the show because they were never going to show an emotional and deep scene on a frothy, dumb show where the back half of the season was about competing pool parties and Charli leaned into it - she's shown that she has a pretty good sense of humour even if it's not to everyone's taste and humour is a great coping mechanism - but she has taken some serious heat from people over the pasta thing. I don't blame her for wanting to get her story out there and show that there's more behind a throwaway joke. 

But then I was a fan since "I don't even listen to podcasts this long."/"Go write it in your diary." and officially became Team Charli when she took on three OGs at once in part one of the finale, was completely unruffled, and then told Old Man Jax that it was past his bedtime. Dragging Jax seems to be her new favourite hobby and I'm here for it. IMO, she's the fun, young, DGAF energy that the show has been missing the past few seasons. 

• Love 8
On 6/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, Cheezwiz said:

Imagine if you birthed the greasy, roid-ragey narcissistic monster that is Jax. And imagine if you didn't play into his bullshit and maybe even called him on it. I wonder if that's what's going on, because I canNOT even fathom having to cop to being his mother.

Also, do we really need to see a Part 2 reunion? I dont. I mean, I dont need to see vapid, moronic Scheana petting her hair for another hour. Just, no.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

ill pass on the new cast entirely.  none of them have shown anything worthwhile. Dayna acts like a cool girl but is really a desperate for some kind of love, and is willing to demean herself to both max and the other guy to get it.  max...gross, but must have some kind of unseen skill to be managing a bar at his age.  Danica (?) really unpleasant and for some reason I wouldn't trust her with money (maybe its her eyes)...just a gut feeling, and not sure she has the communication skills to manage a restaurant. Brett, sorta cute and dumb but doesn't seem to have much else to offer.  Charli...mean spirited and too young to be that kind of hostile, but I already cut down where she is from...so the best I can say for her is congrats for getting the hell outta Barstow. 

they remind me of (decades ago) going to a random high school party in a neighborhood you don't know, and just wanting to get out of there because the guests are strange, and you are afraid to drink the punch.

I hope Lisa starts from scratch with another less abrasive group.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Also, do we really need to see a Part 2 reunion?

It's only 2 parts and not the usual 3 part reunion? That's a good thing. 

Bravo needs to come up with some fresh, original new "reality" series. And I'm not referring to "Camp whatever the phuck" or "summer boring house". I'm very surprised Bravo/Andy haven't seen the "writing on the wall".

Hey Andy, you little bitch, nobody gives a fuck about the "real" anybody's of anywhere anymore. It's over, you arrogant rich little asshole. Whatever happened to your "oh so creative mind"?

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 8:59 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Max could’ve positioned the camera lens anywhere, and he chooses to face it across from that stupid pink, turquoise, black and white bird painting.

I could not stop staring at that damned painting. It was so distracting.

Am I the only one driven mad by Brett's constantly tilting his head? He even walks around with it cocked to one side...

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2020 at 3:39 PM, IslandGirl said:

Am I the only one driven mad by Brett's constantly tilting his head? He even walks around with it cocked to one side...

No.  And then he sort of gives himself buck teeth whenever he smiles 😖

• LOL 2
  • Love 1