Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

In the explosive first hour of the "Vanderpump Rules" reunion, Andy Cohen and the cast connect from home to get to the bottom of everything from Jax and Sandoval's friendship-ending feud to the biggest fight of Katie and Schwartz’s married life. Stassi and Beau grill Sandoval about his outburst over her book event, Charli and Scheana accuse Jax of bullying the new SUR employees, and Max drops a major bombshell about a secret hookup with yet another woman in the "Vanderpump Rules" universe that no one saw coming.

Airs June 2, 2020.

• Love 1

Katie looks great!  Somehow, unlike most of America, she lost weight during the Coronavirus. 

Andddddd of course Kristen slept with Max. I'm still kind of surprised though.

It's been a season and I still am bored by Dayna.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Katie looks great!  Somehow, unlike most of America, she lost weight during the Coronavirus. 

Andddddd of course Kristen slept with Max. I'm still kind of surprised though.

It's been a season and I still am bored by Dayna.

Yes Katie looks great. I read that she lost 20 lbs and it really shows. Good for her! 

• Love 11

I like this reunion format over the other one.  It seems like they are able to slice through the bullshit more easily.

I don’t know if Scheana and this Brock are going to last.  How has it been going?  “It’s been good, but we argue” is not the most ringing endorsement.  Plus, Scheana.  

That unseen footage of Sandoval planning a “Basic Bitch” drink with Beau when they “literally“ had a happy hour the day before Stassi’s event was kind of damning for FI.  At least he admitted he was completely scared to host Stassi. 

Max is such a loser.  He backed off of being exclusive because people were asking him about it at work?  Does he know how this show started?  With a bunch of people who were exclusive.  I agree with Lala that Max doesn’t deserve any pussy.  Just by virtue of the fact that Max answers a question beginning with, “Soooo...” makes him seem really girly.  

Count me in as someone who doesn’t see what the issue is for Kristen and Max to hook up in November if all the Dayna stuff happened over the summer.  I loved Scheana trying to get her two cents in as someone who had a right to be aggrieved, as someone who once dated Max.  This was Stassi’s hill to die on...why?  Because she had to jump in to be relevant?  She looked like a pig, like Miss Piggy, yelling at Kristen.  

D11B2C3B-822D-4953-B3C9-BAEF81A563CD.jpeg.860ef76403fd2407c97223f0f075bbb7.jpeg

What business is it of Stassi’s?  Also, it’s not a rite of passage to have people be mean to you at Sur.  That’s gross.

James and Kristen continue to make each other look horrible and bring out the worst in each other.  This is literally the fifth season she’s letting James set her off.  Get a grip on it, both of you.  

I love Charli as the truth cannon.  I was surprised the rest of the cast circled the wagons against her.  The devil(s) you know, I guess...

• Love 11

Boy, those tweets and the arrest prank sure are aging well for this show. 

I hope they release an unedited feed of Charli just dragging Jax here, there, and everywhere. I really do feel like she would be reality TV gold and we got so little of her because they couldn't show up the OGs like that. 

• Love 20

Wait did i miss something- what controversial things did Max or Brett say?

Also, did NOT need to see LVP in her bra with her bits jiggling all about.

13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Boy, those tweets and the arrest prank sure are aging well for this show. 

I hope they release an unedited feed of Charli just dragging Jax here, there, and everywhere. I really do feel like she would be reality TV gold and we got so little of her because they couldn't show up the OGs like that

Ditto on Charli - I bet deep down (ok not so deep down) Jax would totally want to hook up with Charli and it bugs him that she considers him an old man.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Wow, the reunion was everything the season wasn't, like interesting. The format is perfect for this crew. 

Hate both Jax & Sandoval so it's hard to pick a side in that argument. I admit, Charli's quick witted, too bad she's so dull otherwise. Kristen banging Max didn't shock me although i really don't see a magnetic personality everyone mentions.  He seem smarmy to me. 

What the hell was Brittany thinking with that dress?

• Love 12

Katie and Schwartz are always lying about money.  They’ve been doing it since season five, when they went to the lawyer for the prenup and they estimated that they have about $4,000 each.  A few episodes later, Tom wrote a $50-something thousand dollar check to the wedding venue.  Way to stay consistent.  I see that they’re continuing their lies and bulllshit with Tom saying the prenup is “somewhere.”  Either you have one or you don’t.  Stop jerking the viewers around.  If you don’t want to talk about it, just don’t talk about it.  

Ariana has flip-flopped on being bisexual.  Or at the very least, she flipped.  At the season six reunion, she said that she felt privilege as a “straight, cis-gender woman.”  I just re-watched it.  She’s just as full of it as everyone else.  And she looks dead in the eyes, like a shark.  Too much filler.  

Wow, so much for the Lala-Ariana showdown that I was hoping for, that was so richly deserved.  Those two have been sniping about each other for two seasons now, but for some reason they persevere in kissing each others’ asses.  What a disappointment.  What do they have on each other?

I’m so glad Andy asked Sandoval why he didn’t bring up the pastor sooner.  That is the $64,000 question.  They thought it would be “taken care of”?  By whom?  According to Sandoval, when the episodes first aired, Tom was fretting that people kept tweeting and re-tweeting him and he was uncomfortable.  He never spoke to why he didn’t say anything.   The pivot to “racial equality” was a good attempt to not answer the question, I guess, as he did get out of answering.  

That was such an inelegant segue into Max and Brett’s racially insensitive comments.  Why wasn’t that on the show?  Why did they have to defend themselves on something that wasn’t presented to them directly or the viewer?  That’s downright un-American and stupid at the same time.  Why should we care about Max’s apology if we don’t know what he said?  I don’t accept his apology.  I would have no idea what to accept. And as far as Brett goes, “it’s” something Brett regrets?  What the hell is “it”?  This either should have been on the show or it shouldn’t have come up at the reunion.  Such a sloppy job of virtue signaling, Andy.  As long as that money keeps rolling in, he doesn’t give a shit.  

Just because Tom is a 5% owner doesn’t mean that he can’t go to Lisa and say he has a real problem with an employee and I guess what were public racist remarks.  He could have resigned in protest, or at least chosen against expanding the garden bar with her if this was his problem.  Also, why did he film with Max and Brett socially?  He can do things; he just chooses not to, so he can bite me.  I loved Ariana’s grateful little hand gesture when Lisa went on her little tirade about “firstly, as a five percent shareholder, [Sandoval] wouldn’t have the right to terminate [Max’s] employment.”  So, it’s cool to just tolerate racism because Lisa says it is?  

Lisa is such a jerk covering up for whatever inappropriate racial remarks Brett and Max made, but telling Ken earlier in the season that Brittany and Jax weren’t going to have the pastor of their choice at their wedding because of tweets he made in 2015, as per the show.  She can bite me too with her inconsistent standards.  

Schwartz made no sense trying to cover up for Jax and Brittany with the pastor.  Jax then blamed Sandoval for the pastor’s tweets.  I can’t believe these people.  Brittany and Lisa are thick as thieves with their fake story that Brittany had no idea what was going on, she texted the pastor once, he said he wasn’t homophobic, and Lisa called Brittany and Brittany was blind sighted and Jax texted Andy that they were in “a situation”?  What the fuck?  Why couldn’t they just..break their contract with the pastor?  Every person who got involved in this conversation, starting with Schwartz, acted like such an ass.  

What is not disputed is that every single person involved with this pastor knew or should have known about it at least since January 2019.  Andy brought up the controversy on film.  Who am I going to believe, them or my lying eyes?  No one did diddly squat.  They waited for Lisa to swoop in and clean up their messes because VanderPump Rules.  I feel like I am going to vomit. 

And as soon as all the fun was sucked out of the room and the topic was sufficiently dark and obfuscated, and everyone was supremely uncomfortable, Andy said he was going “to put a pin in” these really gross exchanges.  Oh, but next week Schwartzie is going to wear a nightgown with an ice cream cone on it and sing into a microphone, so...I guess all is good?  

Similar to last year, but much worse, I feel dirty having watched this reunion.  I feel like I need to go take a shower.  I’ll watch next week, I guess, but I’m no longer enthusiastic.  That was a snow job on decency everywhere.  It’s very hard for me to put that genie back in the bottle and go back to laughing at Lance Bass officiating this farce of a wedding or whatever we’re supposed to enjoy.  

The form it took was just awful TV too.  We are going to talk all about racism without saying what was said.  Andy and Lisa are the most duplicitous people on TV.  This was such bullshit that I am excited to cleanse my palate with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills tomorrow night...and that’s about the most damning thing I can say.  😒

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Steph J said:

What's important to note about both of these cases is that the tweets themselves were years old when dug up but Brett has since apologized yet defended his tweets as shit guys say to each other when they're friends and teasing each other and Max has apologized yet both he and his mommy have gone around on social media pointing out that he has black ancestors so, like, it's cool. 

The non-apology apology is so 2019. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 11

Charlie is full bitch and I love her snarky comments. She isn’t afraid to get down and dirty. However, the pasta tweets were pretty trivial. Like to see her go at it with Stasi or Lala 😂

Jax and Sandoval are both dicks to each other. I was surprised how much the other Tom took up for Jax. Sandoval probably cried a river. 

Stassi is such a bitch to Kristin. Is she over the Jax hook-up or what? I thought that was water under the bridge. Is it me or has Stassi become more preachy? It’s her way or she is taking all her toys and friends then going home. 

Kristin is being squashed out and I don’t like it all. Going to tweet at Andy to keep Kristin♥️🙏

• Love 18
(edited)

Who cares if Kristen banged Max? Was he ever really with Dayna exclusively? These ppl seem offended with Kristen’s sex life lol. James needs to shut the fuck up about it too.

Another try hard move by LVP at the beginning with her just in her bra. Surprised Schwartz didn’t talk about it.

Not a Charli fan and she is trying too hard and age jokes are so unoriginal usually but Jax is such a POS I didn’t mind them and I did laugh a bit lol.

Jax is such a douche. He tries to call other ppl miserable but he’s a miserable prick. Jax trying to call someone else a bad person is hilarious.

LaLa needs to stop thinking she’s so above everyone else. Her whole act is annoying and fake.

Sandoval kind of looks hot with the facial hair.

Brittany yelling made me laugh for some reason. I think it’s all bs about the pastor tho. There’s no way she had him as a pastor forever and didn’t know his true feelings.

Still not a fan of any of the newbies.

Max and Brett should’ve been fired from the show. 

Edited by Marley
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I love Charli as the truth cannon.  I was surprised the rest of the cast circled the wagons against her.  The devil(s) you know, I guess...

Charli definitely brings the witty insults.  I think the reason the rest circled the wagons is that 

A.  Charli wouldn't be on this show if the original cast hadn't entertained us for so many seasons.  The new people just dont have whatever the old people had, that made them appointment tv.  Would any of us watch this show if all the old people left?  Jax is awful.  But he is an "OG" amongst several "OG's" and they could be next on Charli's snark list.  She was a little to "on" and most definitely pointed.

B.  Her remarks hit close to vanity. They're all old in Charli's eyes too.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Marley said:

Who cares if Kristen banged Max?

My theory is that Max was the one who took the blowjob video of Kristen that Jax was all up in arms about at her t-shirt event. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Brittany is looking very... full. Pregnancy announcement forthcoming?

I was thinking she was trying to emulate Daisy Mae from L'il Abner (if anyone else here is old enough to remember that play/movie/comic strip)!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Max could’ve positioned the camera lens anywhere, and he chooses to face it across from that stupid pink, turquoise, black and white bird painting.

That was one background I didn't notice - maybe because I just don't care that much about Max.  

I really found myself getting distracted by all their backgrounds and homes.  I had to rewind several times, so I could pay attention to what they were all saying instead of the furniture and decor in their houses.

And to that point, someone needs to tell Britany that one or two faux topiary is enough.  She must have bought out her local Home Goods entire faux greenery aisle - just for that built-in, alone!  

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This was Stassi’s hill to die on...why?  Because she had to jump in to be relevant?  She looked like a pig, like Miss Piggy, yelling at Kristen.  

She did!!  She looked just like that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I do not like Charli at all.  I think she is a little too try-hard, and most of her one-liners or jabs seem very well-rehearsed and practiced.  I guess she had a lot of time to practice in front of the mirror, being unemployed and stuck in her apartment.  

I think the age jokes are stupid, especially since she knows how old Jax actually is.  

The only slightly redeeming thing I can say about Charli is that she does know how to get under Jax's skin.  Jax could never verbally spar with Charli, because she is smart and quick - two attributes that could never be used to describe Jax.  

BTW - is Jax going to become an Elvis impersonator once things are back to normal?  He looked ridiculous.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)

I generally like Kristen and hated Katie and Stassi for ganging up on her, but I think she was shitty to sleep with Max. Not because they weren’t each single, but because I don’t think it’s cool to sleep with people your friends have dated/have feelings for unless they’ve given their blessing. And I don’t even like Dayna.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 11
(edited)

I don't understand what the problem was with Kristen and Max hooking up when they were both single. I especially don't get why Stassi would even care. She was so desperate to make Kristen look bad she jumped on something that was none of her business and doesn't even sound like a big deal and made herself look like an ass. If Dayna is upset about the hookup and/or the fact that Kristen didn't tell her about it let her say she's upset (which Stassi wouldn't let her do with all her bloviating) and let her explain why it's upsetting so maybe we can understand. 

James continues to show how he is not a changed man. Again, he may have stopped drinking but he's still an asshole. His comments about Kristen were vicious and uncalled for. No one asked him for his opinion (nor should they) and seeing as how he and Kristen have been broken up for how many years he should have nothing to say about her sex life. Kristen needs to learn to take the high road though. She has a pattern of snapping back viciously at people when attacked, which is not okay. Two wrongs don't make a right and all and it makes her look bad.

I agree with all of the comments above regarding Charli. I think she is definitely trying too hard and yet I love that she can get under Jax's skin, and her burns toward Brett all season were amazing. I am looking forward to the segment about Lala's rabid dog attack on Raquel because I'm hoping Charli's comment about Lala being jealous or having feelings for James will be addressed, although something tells me Charli will roll over for Lala.

Sandoval was definitely shady when confronting Jax about the pastor AFTER Jax and Brittany had already fired him, but Jax was definitely the bigger asshole in that friendship. There was no way he and Brittany hadn't seen all of the pastor's comments when it had been brought up to them before. Jax has no right to expect his friend, even his best man, to show up to his "pre-bachelor party", which is not a thing. He was also caught lying (surprise surprise) about Sandoval not responding to his texts. And aside from the pastor thing (and the passive aggressive lame toilet papering prank that I almost forgot about), Sandoval really was on his best behavior regarding Jax until his totally justified (IMO) competing pool party. He went above and beyond at Jax's wedding, he took Jax's pettiness in stride, and he was also a good sport about the prank Jax and Randall pulled on him. With regard to Stassi, Sandoval was definitely in the wrong and nothing he says is going to convince me his behavior wasn't motivated by jealousy.

I debated commenting on the blink and you'll miss it totally inadequate racist tweet segment because I am so emotional due to current events but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't say fuck Bravo, Lisa, and Andy for excusing and brushing off the blatant racism both Max and Brett tweeted. I don't care if it was ten years ago. They should have been fired. No one is owed a spot on a fairly successful reality show, and with a zillion other people who would gladly take their places, the network and producers (including Lisa) can and should choose to showcase the lives of those who have not made blatantly racist comments at any point in their lives (that we know of, of course). And Lisa can go fuck herself with her flippant remark about how if she fired everyone who made mistakes she wouldn't have any staff. Tweeting racist comments isn't a "mistake". I have never been more disgusted by this show and that's saying something.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 12

Also, major eye rolls at Brittany's "wahhhh, poor me, I'm an ignorant hick who's too obtuse to know my pastor's a homophobic prick! my life is hard y'allllllll". 

Really precious of Jax to rag on other people being disrespectful. 

I am feeling Kristin's mood about this whole cast. 

Now that we know Brett lives in a studio, I'm going to guess he definitely doesn't have his own in-unit laundry. Also his eyebrows looked like they were trying to crawl off his face (while Brittany's and Lala's like they're trying to climb up to their hairline). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Also, did NOT need to see LVP in her bra with her bits jiggling all about.

"You know what I want to see on a Tuesday night? Lisa's jiggly bits!", says no one except for all the manbabies on VPR.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I was thinking she was trying to emulate Daisy Mae from L'il Abner (if anyone else here is old enough to remember that play/movie/comic strip)!  

Um, like, we must be SOOOOOOOOO OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD. LOL!
I’m totally with you on Charli’s ageism. (Do people who age shame really never reflect that they, too, will become, like, OLD?) Personally I find it an unfunny bid for relevance and camera time. Did she bring anything to the table besides her snide comments and fear of pasta? I did find it ridiculous that Britney said she’d never met someone so disrespectful. Um, take a look to your right and who you’re married to…

I think the “incestuousness” on this show is gross. But WHY is the Kristen/Max thing any of Stassi or James’ business? And why is it cool that Max sleeps with anything that moves but for Kristen it’s like KrISteN YoU R teRRibLe? The double standards, they kill me.

Raquel is really cute without 59 pounds of makeup and fake lashes. 

• Love 14

For once I actually do not mind the age-shaming.  Yes, she too will be 40 in the blink of an eye, but she knows exactly how to get under Jax’s skin and I rather enjoy seeing him lose his shit over her little comments.  He is very insecure about being edged out and the only regular on the show older than him is LVP.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

For once I actually do not mind the age-shaming.  Yes, she too will be 40 in the blink of an eye, but she knows exactly how to get under Jax’s skin and I rather enjoy seeing him lose his shit over her little comments.  He is very insecure about being edged out and the only regular on the show older than him is LVP.

It doesn’t bother me either, but it never really does. When I was younger, I thought my mom and anyone around her age or older, was old. Now that I’m around that age, I know younger people are going to think I’m old. Hell, I still call my aunts old lol. It is what it is. 
Like you said, I just appreciate the fact that she gathered Jax right on up to a point where he knew he should shut up. I’m glad that Charli let it be known that they don’t have to like her and she gives 0 f$@ks about it.

• Love 10

Told you they are jealous of Kristin.  They are in “relationships” with men who are bored with them.  K gets it on the regular, without a single qualm.  You go, girl!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

For the life of me, I still cannot understand why anyone would ever side with Jax and Brittany over Sandoval and Ariana when it comes to Homophobic PastorGate. The idea that Sandoval committed some kind of cardinal sin by calling Jax out on it is so beyond my understanding.  Holding your friends accountable for bad behavior is not, in fact, bad behavior, no matter how much Jax rages, Brittany enables, and the rest of them find Sandoval irritating.

I think I get Stassi's irritation with Kristin and Dayna.  From interviews and such, it's clear that what Stassi and Katie are annoyed by with the Kristin/Carter situation is not that Kristin was with Carter, but that she authorized them to talk about how bad Carter was on the show. They thought they were doing her a favor to help get her out of a bad situation. But instead, what happened was that Kristin kept siding with Carter, so it just made Stassi and Katie look like they were sniping at their friend's boyfriend. 

And I think it ties into many people's frustration with Kristin overall. For one thing, it does seem like Kristin is the type of woman who will always side with a guy over her friends, or always choose a guy over a friend.  So Kristin sleeps with Jax, despite his relationship with Stassi; she takes Carter's side, even though she told Stassi and Katie to mention how awful he is; she sleeps with Max, despite knowing there is some relationship with Dayna. Even last night, she was siding with Jax over Charli, even though Jax was acting as much of a a-hole as Charli was. 

At this point, I think Stassi and Katie are seeing a pattern of behavior that means Kristin will always choose a guy over them. And that also means she'll act in incredibly shady, hurtful, and ultimately self-destructive ways.  I can understand their frustration and why they are over it. That doesn't mean that I think that everything they do or say is right, but I understand their discontent with the overall pattern. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Charli was funny...Brittany was even laughing at her jokes about Jax lol. I’m so shocked about Max’s old tweets....so horrible. But his mom is biracial so he’s kind of black himself. Stassi probably thinks Kristen slept with Beau and maybe that’s why she’s so angry still. Dayna gets on my nerves being mean to Scheana. Bitch you just got here lol know your place tm La La lol. I’m glad Kristen slept with Max just to see Dayna and everyone else’s reaction. Katie really should maybe divorce Schwartz if he’s so verbally abusive. I’m sick of their relationship but I still love you Schwartz lol. Jax wants to totally sleep with Charli. Brittany better watch those two lol. Jax probably gets off on Charli’s smart ass comments lol. James was back to ranting angrily again,even Raquel had to look at him lol. Jax threw Brittany under the bus lol. All Ariana could do was smile lol. “It’s my wife’s pastor” lol. Yeah give me a Beau type of husband anytime lol. 

• Love 4

I tried to watch, although reunion shows mostly make me nervous.  So much confrontation.  Then when Stassi’s face got close to the camera and she was yelling about something to Kristin (they are all yelling over each other), I had to click away.  The world has enough stress and conflict in it already; don’t need to watch these folks go at it.

But I am glad to hear that someone (Charli) got under Jax’s skin.

• Love 5

i really don't see a magnetic personality everyone mentions.  He seem smarmy to me. 

I fail to see the lure of this Max. He's not ugly or anything, IMO--just not notably attractive either, in personality or appearance (in fact, I think Andy Cohen is better looking than Max, haha!). And while Brett is not my kind of thing, I can at least understand why someone (or even many someones) would find him physically appealing. But Max, no--I don't see.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

"You know what I want to see on a Tuesday night? Lisa's jiggly bits!", says no one except for all the manbabies on VPR.

And then only when it's in the script 😄 

• LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Charli rules! I can’t wait to see what she does to Jax next season.

I would like to see both her and Ariana together gang up on Jax since he doesn't like either one of them because he can't compete with their jabs. So I guess Jax's new excuse for himself is that he doesn't think before he speaks and he's harmless cause you know he doesn't really mean what comes out of his mouth when he's mad. Oh, ok Jax. All is forgiven. 

I agree Katie does look great with her weight loss. Her skin was glowing and her makeup looked so much softer, too. Schwartz is a sweet douche. Sweet with his friends and a douche to Katie.  

Lala better up her sex game before Rand starts looking for a younger BJ and PJ queen. Now is no time to rest on your laurels, girl. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, glowbug said:

I especially don't get why Stassi would even care.

I think she is pissed because Kristen did this to HER with Jax, and she forgave Kristen...and now she sees that Kristen never did change (in her eyes) and she is trying to justify her feelings toward Kristen (She is a "bad person").

• Love 3