Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Reunion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Watching this reunion, all I cough think about is how much of a sociopath Adam appears to be. The reason Jenna won’t answer any of these questions is because Adam makes all the decisions in that relationship and Jenna just tries not to piss him off. Jenna, these are red flags and red flags are bad, mmm kay?

Sure, Adam has his issues, but Jenna is no angel.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Also, why was Sandy there?  That wasted time too.

Probably because BDM premiered and Bravo made her. If you sneezed, you would have missed her entire segment 🙂 

And in addition ...did anyone need to see more of Parker’s “I was so smart to quit” denial dance?

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Well that was underwhelming...just like on charter, too much time spent on Jenna & Adam's relationship. He's a gaslighter and she suffers from low self-esteem, we get it.

Glen & Byron were non-entities, why even invite them?  Also, why was Sandy there?  That wasted time too.

If anything was learned it's that Georgia loves to stare her own reflection while pursuing her lips to define her cheekbones.  Oh, and she's a waffler too.  

I hope that Madison comes back in some fashion.  Pagat & Ciera too, just not together. 

Georgia is overrated and annoying. Her crush on Paget and her non-stop open mic performances kept her from being invisible. 

14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

What is behind Adam?  Looks to me like an indoor swimming pool.  So much for living in your van.

Looked like the inside of a barn to me, which would make sense for Adam.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Georgia is overrated and annoying. Her crush on Paget and her non-stop open mic performances kept her from being invisible. 

And she said she wrote a lot more songs (probably for future shows). Oy ve!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, aqusdealer said:

And in addition ...did anyone need to see more of Parker’s “I was so smart to quit” denial dance?

I thought, for the most part, that Parker handled himself well. He admitted he has a hot temper and that he's hard to work with.   I expected him to go on about how great his life is, whether it's actually that great or not. 

And I actually DO think he was smart to quit because he knew that if he hadn't quit, he would have gotten fired, and quitting a job versus getting fired from a job just looks different to some employers.   That being said, it's pretty well documented that he was going to get fired, so it's not like he really helped himself out by quitting.

• Love 4

And the entire yachting world breathes a sigh of relief when Adam states the obvious that yachting is not for him. 

The winners of this reunion was Adam's dog, who, other than lifting his paw at one point and being ignored, slept thru the whole mess, and Chris, who popped on long enough to update us on his back and then leave.

Too much time spent on Paget and Ciara's relationship and wine drinking and Georgia trying to pose for Zoom.   

Andy is a dipshit for not asking Captain Glenn his thoughts on Jenna's rage over him calling her out for her nonstop PDA.  And I don't care what she says now, I don't believe for a second that the PDA was only going on when she was off duty.  

• Love 20

Thanks, Glen, for weighing in that you never fart.  That was the stirring and insightful leadership I'd hoped for from you all along.

I almost didn't recognize Paget with those glasses--and I thought they made him much better looking (not that he's ugly, just not my cup of tea during the actual show).

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I felt like Georgia was either drunk or trying to look like she was drunk.  Perhaps she was drinking in solidarity with Ciara and Paget?  Too much Parker and too little Chris (who apparently has not opted for surgery - hope that doesn't come back and bite him in the future).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Adam just could NOT look at the camera. It was very telling. Also telling- Jenna clearly afraid to answer a question about their relationship, lest it not be the right answer to Adam. Glenn might as well have not shown up. I won’t miss any of them. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think Madison's problem is that she doesn't express herself well. She had legitimate gripes about the way Jenna conducted herself as the chielf stew. Instead of addressing the issue of Jenna being totaly unprofessional and spending her time literally hanging all over Adam in the galley she whined about Jenna being mean to her

Your entire post was right on the money.  It's what I would've posted as well. 

I thought the reunion made Madison look quite immature. Only accentuated by Jenna's "can I talk now?" multiple times. 

I quite liked Ciara & Paget on the reunion.  

Byron was useless. 

Georgia looked bad.  

Jenna looked like a 60 yr old woman trying to look 50 again (no offense to my 50 + ladies).

• Love 9
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

And the entire yachting world breathes a sigh of relief when Adam states the obvious that yachting is not for him. 

The winners of this reunion was Adam's dog, who, other than lifting his paw at one point and being ignored, slept thru the whole mess, and Chris, who popped on long enough to update us on his back and then leave.

I think Chris should have been on longer. He was on quite a few episodes.

The only bright spot of this reunion, is that Georgia did not sing one of the new songs she said she wrote. And what's up with Jenna and Parker both having guitars in the background?  Were they going to be back up music if Georgia sang?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

And what's up with Jenna and Parker both having guitars in the background?

I had forgotten about that. Georgia also had one. But what struck me as weird is that they were all displaying expensive electric guitars. Jenna had a Fender Stratocaster hanging dead center behind her, which is a) not cheap, and b) not typically used by amateur singers. Parker had several, including a Gibson Les Paul which is, again, normally seen in the hands of a lead guitarist in a band. Maybe there's a slight chance Parker is in a garage band for fun, though I don't think he mentioned it. But Jenna? Not likely.

So I guess they hang them on the wall and whip them out to impress friends during sing-alongs or something. It's not wrong to have fine instruments but for people of their <cough>abilities<cough> it's a bit unusual.

And what's the likelihood of three crew members all being aspiring singers? Why, one would almost think they were using a reality TV show as a stepping stone to...

Sorry. That was a ridiculous thought. It would never happen. I'm sure they're all devoted yachties. 😜

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 6/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Parker knew he couldn’t give Madison any affection because she would just roll her eyes and complain while they were making out. 

I feel like the only person that watches the show that hates Madison. I think she's a bitch. She is constantly angry about something. I read somebody tweeted that they hoped she would be chief still, if she is, I'll never watch it. I didn't think Georgia was a whole lot better. I feel like the younger ones don't like to be told anything. 

On 6/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, LaLaLaLa said:

Looked like the inside of a barn to me, which would make sense for Adam.

I didn't like the way Georgia in Madison kept sniping about Jenna. She is in perfect, but they seem to hate being told what to do.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Your entire post was right on the money.  It's what I would've posted as well. 

I thought the reunion made Madison look quite immature. Only accentuated by Jenna's "can I talk now?" multiple times. 

I quite liked Ciara & Paget on the reunion.  

Byron was useless. 

Georgia looked bad.  

Jenna looked like a 60 yr old woman trying to look 50 again (no offense to my 50 + ladies).

That seems to sum up how I feel, that all nadison can do is complain about the how she's treated. 

• Love 2

She could have been fake and say how bygones are bygones.

That's typically how reality shows end, with the cast going out on a high note, even if they'd been at each other's throats all season.

She could have hugged it out with Jenna when departing and then say she's fine with Jenna now.

Would that be better?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

I feel like the only person that watches the show that hates Madison. I think she's a bitch. She is constantly angry about something. I read somebody tweeted that they hoped she would be chief still, if she is, I'll never watch it. I didn't think Georgia was a whole lot better. I feel like the younger ones don't like to be told anything. 

I didn't agree with all of Madison's choices but I supported her while watching the show. However, the reunion definitely lowered my opinion of her. She acted immaturely and the eye rolling was beyond extreme. I don't think she is cut out to be a chief stew at all, at least right now. She's had a hard life and she needs to spend time working on herself before she takes on any type of leadership role.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, antfitz said:

I didn't like the way Georgia in Madison kept sniping about Jenna. She is in perfect, but they seem to hate being told what to do.

Madison definitely has a LOT of growing up to do (no wonder she got along well with Parker). She loves to play the victim...even if she has some legit gripes w/Jenna...don't play victim...she looks pathetic.

The only crew from this season that I'd like to see again...Paget & Ciara (and I didn't like her for most of the season but she ended well) as well as the newbie, Chris. 

Edited by LaLaLaLa
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, dsteele said:

I had forgotten about that. Georgia also had one. But what struck me as weird is that they were all displaying expensive electric guitars. Jenna had a Fender Stratocaster hanging dead center behind her, which is a) not cheap, and b) not typically used by amateur singers. Parker had several, including a Gibson Les Paul which is, again, normally seen in the hands of a lead guitarist in a band. Maybe there's a slight chance Parker is in a garage band for fun, though I don't think he mentioned it. But Jenna? Not likely.

So I guess they hang them on the wall and whip them out to impress friends during sing-alongs or something. It's not wrong to have fine instruments but for people of their <cough>abilities<cough> it's a bit unusual.

And what's the likelihood of three crew members all being aspiring singers? Why, one would almost think they were using a reality TV show as a stepping stone to...

Sorry. That was a ridiculous thought. It would never happen. I'm sure they're all devoted yachties. 😜

I love your eye for guitars! Good call on them being high-end and seemingly out of place with this crowd. Lol, even Paget tried to get in on getting his big break singing. He was always accompanying Georgia. 

He looked good in his glasses, I think he is cute. I like how mature and confident he is too.  I don’t know how he & Ciara work so closely 24/7 though and don’t get tired of each other. A little mystery is a good thing....

Did Byron get asked anything? 

If they do another season, please no Jenna as Chief Stew again. And no Madison. She’s too belligerent. 

• Love 3

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I REALLY liked Jenna, and I hope she comes back.  I think she shows that you can be a good chief stew and not be a "B" in the process (in contrast to many, I don't think she was mean to Madison in the slightest).

In fact, I like the entire cast except for Madison and Parker - but especially Madison.

Tantrums and eyerolls are all we saw the entire season.  I think she is very young and has a lot of growing up to do.  

I also feel Madison still needs to mature some, but from what I watched this season, Jenna loaded her down with job after job while she flirted with Adam in the kitchen.  When Madison complained she was dismissed by Jenna (who was egged on by Adam) and that would be infuriating.  Also confusing when Jenna punishes her for complaining by letting Georgia go swimming which would also add fire to the flames of resentment.  Then there's Georgia sometimes taking her side and yet at the reunion seeming to take Jennas... What a situation to be in on national tv! I'd be rolling my eyes a few times,too.  Especially when my captain rolls over for the bad guys.  It's like he's in on the pile on. 

I won't miss anyone of this show-- not a one of them.  And I have no respect for Glen.  He's a very poor captain, it's like he's secretly terrified of them all. If any of them are back on next year I'll skip it and I've watched all the Housewives and Below Deck shows from the beginning.  Something about this group was disgusting. 

• Love 11
On 6/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, Jsage said:

The bright spot of the reunion for me was Paget and Ciara (and their wine, of course). Paget definitely deserved to squirm for the whole Georgia thing. And I loved how Ciara was able to respond to questions so perfectly just by smiling and taking a sip of her wine. 

I wasn't really a fan of either of them during the show, especially Ciara,, but I started to like them both a bit more toward the end.  And I thought they were very cute together at the reunion.  They really seemed very connected and happy.  In the midst of the others arguing and yelling and blaming each other, Paget smiling and Ciara laughing really stood out.   It was lovely to see,

On 6/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, snarts said:

I couldn't disagree more.  Madison's lack of action did not cause Jenna's utter disdain for her staff.  Jenna did not support her team.  She ridiculed them when they dared ask questions and talked derisively behind their backs to entertain Adam.  Finally, she left them to do all the work while she dried glasses and flirted/fondled/made out/cried over the chef.  

I disagree too.  Jenna was a horrible chief stew.  She was 100% focused on Adam, and was not respectful to her staff.   She proudly acted like a mean girl, clearly in an attempt to impress/entertain/amuse Adam.  Several times she and Adam talked about them in demeaning ways, laughing at them.   She was a terrible supervisor in every way.   I don't know if she's usually like this, or if her desperation to have Adam like her made her act that way, but it's inexcusable.   Not the way a supervisor should act, and certainly not the way a grown woman should act.  She came across as pathetic and needy and mean.

On 6/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, psychoticstate said:

Andy is a dipshit for not asking Captain Glenn his thoughts on Jenna's rage over him calling her out for her nonstop PDA.  And I don't care what she says now, I don't believe for a second that the PDA was only going on when she was off duty.  

I agree!  That definitely should have been brought up.  She was completely unprofessional, and once he spoke to her, she acted like a brat, running to Adam to complain about how angry she was.   Glenn should have been much harder on them, IMO.  A lot of what they did was clearly not okay, and he witnessed some of it with his own eyes.  I really wanted him to grow a pair and be more forceful.  She's an entitled bitch.   Instead of saying to Adam, "Hey, babe, the Captain spoke to me.  I think we need to tone it down", she went on a rant about how angry she was.  Poor Jenna!  Everyone was getting in the way of her Adam time!  It didn't seem to matter to her that she was there to work.  I don't know how she can watch this season and not want to crawl under a rock.  

• Love 17
On 6/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, esco1822 said:

Watching this reunion, all I cough think about is how much of a sociopath Adam appears to be. The reason Jenna won’t answer any of these questions is because Adam makes all the decisions in that relationship and Jenna just tries not to piss him off. Jenna, these are red flags and red flags are bad, mmm kay?

And the smirking! It is the least attractive facial expression a human can muster and every single person who does it deserves a punch in the throat. Adam does it constantly. His defence of himself to Georgia who (correctly) pointed out that he was trying to make Jenna ashamed of her past was typical- "She's probably slept with 100 men! Don't you dare rub it in my face at work. Everyone on earth would feel the same!" He's an incel/misogynist/serialkiller hybrid. 

• Love 5

It’s true that Madison sometimes came off as immature during the season, and she did not present herself well at the reunion. I wonder if she may be suffering from some arrested development as a result of her sisters tragic and untimely death? In any case, I do wish she could have aired her grievances with Jenna (and Adam) in a more articulate and less reactive way, but alas. Still, I GET her frustration and anger, I really do. I had a manager who bullied and gaslit me and I still get angry when I think about him—and that was 10 years ago! 

Furthermore that should not detract from the fact that Jenna was an absolute nightmare of a superior—rude, condescending, arrogant. Her constant obsessing over Adam, obnoxious public displays of affection, and her freak outs when people DARED to confront her about it prove she’s just as immature as Madison, if not moreso. And at least Madison seems to be, at her core, a kind person. Jenna is one of those people who insist (INSIST!) that they’re “such a nice person” when in reality, they’re a huge asshole. Those tears at the end has nothing to do with regretting how she treated her staff, and everything to do with 1) the negative reaction she’s been getting on social media and 2) the demise of her and Adams “relationship” (barf).

• Love 20
12 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I don’t know how he & Ciara work so closely 24/7 though and don’t get tired of each other.

I agree, but I thought Ciara said that they were both on deck only for this show.  Usually she is interior so they don’t see each other much while working and then Paget chimed in with the gross shower talk.

This reunion needed more Chris!!!!  I hope his back improves and he is able to do one of the BD versions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The difference in the way Jenna handled guests flirting with Adam and the way Ciara handled Georgia flirting  with Padget was striking.  Ciara evidently felt secure enough in her relationship with Padget that she pretty much ignored the flirting. While Jenna felt the need to put a stop to the flirting by informing the guests that Adam was HER BOYFRIEND. Yes siree indeedy she was having none of that. She seemed to be afraid that Adam might flirt back. I'm sure she is holding out hope that he will come to his senses and sweep her off her feet. 

• Love 9

I’m guessing Chris only appeared briefly because he was really not involved in any of the drama at all.

The reunion seemed to magnify the personality of many of the crew members.  Madison seemed extra reactive and defensive, Georgia seemed extra two-faced and ready to pimp her music, Adam was extra too-cool-for-school, Jenna was extra woe is me and trying to justify her unjustifiable behavior (though at least she did acknowledge that she had some things to work on, but I’m guessing that was more her means of damage control, and of appearing to be the rational one as Madison aired her grievances, vs actually believing it).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, reallyjustjen said:

I’m guessing Chris only appeared briefly because he was really not involved in any of the drama at all.

And in 5 episodes to Parker’s 12.

I agree!  That definitely should have been brought up.  She was completely unprofessional, and once he spoke to her, she acted like a brat, running to Adam to complain about how angry she was.   Glenn should have been much harder on them, IMO.  A lot of what they did was clearly not okay, and he witnessed some of it with his own eyes.  I really wanted him to grow a pair and be more forceful.  She's an entitled bitch.   Instead of saying to Adam, "Hey, babe, the Captain spoke to me.  I think we need to tone it down", she went on a rant about how angry she was.  Poor Jenna!  Everyone was getting in the way of her Adam time!  It didn't seem to matter to her that she was there to work.  

I agree and the atmosphere Jenna and Adam created for Madison was extremely hostel. Capital Glen should have shut that shit down the moment he saw it.  Adam and Jenna fed off each other in the whole mean girl scenario and knew how emotional /sensitive Madison was and did it anyway.  Having your boss telling you that  you are not doing your job well while laying across her boyfriends lap is not professional at all.  

Capitan Glenn did right by Madison when he called Jenna back in with Madison, to tell Jenna Madison was not the person who told him of Jenna and Adam taking a nap together while on charter.  But he totally lost me when he added that he could tell it bother Madison even though Madison said it didn't.  That just validated it in Jenna's head that Madison was at fault.  I felt bad for Madison because they all "teased" her knowing it bothered her and wasn't taking it as teasing and they all did it anyway. Parker may have been a pain to the crew but he was nice to Madison so he's ok in my book.

• Love 12
On 6/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, dsteele said:

I have several ex-boyfriends that would disagree.  It's not like a basic Strat is a $50k guitar.  As for our yachties, for people making $1500 in tips for 3 days, dropping $1-2k on a guitar isn't a big deal. 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:32 AM, antfitz said:

Madison is a fucking martyr.  I haven't posted anything because it's hard to care about this shitty show and I'm always weeks behind.  I don't doubt Jenna was right about Madison running around like the busiest person ever and never getting anything done because she was inefficient and too busy complaining.  I recognize it.  I feel kind of bad talking shit about her though because as others have pointed out, at least some of it is unresolved issues from her sister's murder bubbling up.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I have several ex-boyfriends that would disagree.  It's not like a basic Strat is a $50k guitar.  As for our yachties, for people making $1500 in tips for 3 days, dropping $1-2k on a guitar isn't a big deal. 

My point was that a solo singer using an expensive electric guitar to accompany oneself is strictly for show. It adds nothing if you're just strumming chords behind your vocals unless you're in a group or are an instrumental soloist. And TBH I didn't detect any great instrumental chops from any of these folks.

Edited by dsteele
Grammar are a good thing.
  • Love 2

At the reunion I think that Madison just wanted To.Be.Heard!!! Jenna never "heard" Madison's experiences so Madison kept trying to be heard and validated. It got annoying, give it up Madison.
In time I hope she gets past that need to be heard and validated, especially by the likes of Jenna. 
While I was a fan of Madison during most of the show (as much as I was a fan of anyone), there is no way in hell she's ready to be Chief Stew.
By the end of the show I thought Georgia had the hardest job. She has her work and then trying to juggle Jenna and Madison as they throw darts at each other, trying do right by both of them and stay out of the line of fire. 
She was rather crafty how she flirted with Paget and made friends with Cierra at the same timel. I think she looked a little silly at the reunion as she held her duck face to fake good bone structure.

While I didn't recognize the guitars as high end but I did think it was strange that Jenna has so many behind her when we didn't hear a word about her interest in guitars/music all season.

I think Georgia had hoped (expected?) to play a song.  

• Love 2

Madison is what, in her early-mid-20s, and it seems like (understandably), her sister's violent murder weighs heavy on her mind and investing in some therapy would help (especially in more 'eloquently' voicing her frustrations).

Jenna, who's apparently a seasoned old fart of a yachtie with years of managing experience and is what, in her 20s/30s but with the self-awareness of a worm and the sexual maturity of a 16-year-old boy (and because it just can't be mentioned enough, the MOST.OBNOXIOUS.VOICE/ACCENT), and is still hung up on a sociopathic nomad and can't display any ounce of leadership or genuine humility if her life depended on it. She doesn't know how to show respect to her own superior, so why does she expect anyone to kiss her ass and stroke her ego?

• Love 11
On 6/4/2020 at 12:43 PM, 65mickey said:

The difference in the way Jenna handled guests flirting with Adam and the way Ciara handled Georgia flirting  with Padget was striking.  Ciara evidently felt secure enough in her relationship with Padget that she pretty much ignored the flirting. While Jenna felt the need to put a stop to the flirting by informing the guests that Adam was HER BOYFRIEND. Yes siree indeedy she was having none of that. She seemed to be afraid that Adam might flirt back. I'm sure she is holding out hope that he will come to his senses and sweep her off her feet. 

Yes, like a 14-year old middle school student being possessive of a first boyfriend.  Her level of immaturity was truly astounding (in this way and others).

On 6/4/2020 at 4:07 AM, Duke2801 said:

It’s true that Madison sometimes came off as immature during the season, and she did not present herself well at the reunion. I wonder if she may be suffering from some arrested development as a result of her sisters tragic and untimely death? In any case, I do wish she could have aired her grievances with Jenna (and Adam) in a more articulate and less reactive way, but alas. Still, I GET her frustration and anger, I really do. I had a manager who bullied and gaslit me and I still get angry when I think about him—and that was 10 years ago! 

Furthermore that should not detract from the fact that Jenna was an absolute nightmare of a superior—rude, condescending, arrogant. Her constant obsessing over Adam, obnoxious public displays of affection, and her freak outs when people DARED to confront her about it prove she’s just as immature as Madison, if not moreso. And at least Madison seems to be, at her core, a kind person. Jenna is one of those people who insist (INSIST!) that they’re “such a nice person” when in reality, they’re a huge asshole. Those tears at the end has nothing to do with regretting how she treated her staff, and everything to do with 1) the negative reaction she’s been getting on social media and 2) the demise of her and Adams “relationship” (barf).

Yes, I wish Madison had been more articulate and less emotional at the reunion, but I really did feel her pain and frustration.

I also agree that she seems to be a kind person, and Jenna does not.  Another big difference between them is that, despite what was going on, Madison was pretty focused on doing her job and getting done what needed to be done.  She didn't lose sight of why she was there, even when she was clearly being over-worked, disrespected, and demeaned.  As opposed to Jenna, who thought her new romance with Adam meant she could focus just on him and over-burden her staff with the actual work.

• Love 11
On 6/5/2020 at 1:30 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Fender also makes Strats in Japan, Mexico, and the US...with three different pricing levels. 

• Love 1