Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Death Is Not The End

Bloody fantastic episode. Now this felt like the True Blood I fell in love with.

Brilliant character moments and I absolutely loved the 80s/90s flashbacks with Eric, Pam and Ginger. Getting the origins on Fangtasia was brilliantly done.

All of Eric and Pam's scenes in general were brilliant and I loved Willa giving her maker what for when they finally met again.

Nice to see Vince getting killed off as well during the rescue mission. Nice that whole plot has generally been resolved as well.

Great appearances from Hoyt, Terry and Jackson in this one as well. Nicely handled, all three of them.

Arlene's kids have really grown up as well.

Nice scenes with Sookie and everyone in this episode. A great one with her.

I like the reveal behind Jessica's predicament and it was great to see Sookie and Lafayette get through to her.

Overall, brilliant, 9/10

(edited)

Add me to the list of those who were bothered by Eric and Pam being such assholes in this episode. I was particularly upset about Eric having no qualms about costing a person their job especially after he'd just enjoyed her services! Did not like that at all. I'm just basically pretending that it didn't happen.

I hope we at least get one last Ginger update before the season is over. I thought her line about the chair being a throne if Eric is sitting in it was great. I too always enjoyed her character and while it does suck that Pam stole her idea, I appreciate that Pam at least owned up to her bad behavior. (Something Eric certainly wouldn't do wrt the flight attendant/ supplier.)

Arlene's daughter will always have a place in my heart for the laugh she gave me when she dressed up as pregnant Janelle (sp?) from Teen Mom 2 for Halloween, so I was glad to see her put in an appearance for the final season.

ETA

Eric's line about Bill writing a book in which he claims he is no longer an asshole would have been better for me if it hadn't come after I'd just seen Eric being an asshole to a person who hadn't done anything to him.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

I enjoyed this episode - yes mostly because they wrapped up the idiotic storyline and put Eric back in the action.  He was fantastic and gives the show a lift when he's actually doing something.  As for him being an asshole LOL, well duh!  He's a little bit of everything and always has been.  I don't have to like everything a character does to just adore the character.  Lafayette, the pusher, is another one that I love.  I wish Eric and Lafayette could just spin off to their own show somehow.  They kept me watching when I wanted to give up.  I hope they don't kill off Eric. I want a "cure."  I always love the Bill/Eric scenes. They really spark.  Pam and Eric should just ride off into the sunset at the end.  LOL at how they came to be in Shreveport and their video store.  Loved how Pam kept that from Eric.  Gotta love kooky Ginger.  Glad she had a flashback scene. Her reaction to Eric is just classic.  

Ahhh Willow. I really like her. Hope she and Eric can mend fences. 

Sookie was good in this episode.  Hope they can keep it up as I had really come to hate her.  Her Alcide grief is a little eye rolling so hopefully they just pretend it never happened.

Arlene... looks like she may have a new partner LOL.

And THIS James has way more chemistry with Lafayette. 

• Love 1

Minor plot quibble:  Pam and Eric have a video store in 1996, and the shelves are stocked with DVDs?  DVDs didn't replace VHS in stores until about 2000 or 2001.  Maybe the True Blood prop people couldn't find VHS tape boxes?

• Love 1
(edited)

"And THIS James has way more chemistry with Lafayette."

When did the original James actor (Luke Grimes) ever have a scene with Lafayette? 

I thought the new guy was terrible with Jessica.

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 1

Yes, but if the new James had MORE chemistry with Lafayette, it would imply the old James had a scene with Lafayette with LESS chemistry.

Hence sjohnson's question: When did old James have a scene with Lafayette to know that the new James had more chemistry?

This post was fun to write.

• Love 1

Yes, but if the new James had MORE chemistry with Lafayette, it would imply the old James had a scene with Lafayette with LESS chemistry.

Hence sjohnson's question: When did old James have a scene with Lafayette to know that the new James had more chemistry?

This post was fun to write.

I took the comment that New James has more chemistry with Lafayette than Jessica.  Which I think may have to do with both the fact that James has shared far more screen time with Lafayette this season than Jessica and thus NP has had more time as an actor, and James has had more time as a character, to develop and show chemistry with Lafayette and also Lala has chemistry with everyone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kudos to Willa for putting Eric on blast. Had Eric not been so selfish, he wouldn't have abandoned Willa, Pam wouldn't have abandoned Tara and he might not be infected in the first place. I don't normally blame the terminally ill for being sick unless they deliberately do so, which Eric did, because of Sylvie. Not Godric or Nora. Sylvie. I don't always like everything that my favorite characters do either, but they have to inspire more love than hate from me, which Lafayette does and Sookie, Eric and Pam currently don't. As for the Sookie/Eric scenes, I've never thought that Sookie/Eric was a good idea, especially after the infamous "snow-globe sex" and the less memories of it, the better.

Wow let's spend ten minutes on the saga of Rosie and Kevin!!

Are we supposed to give a shit about people we never heard of??

As someone who has heard of them, I gave a shit about them and have since Season Four, when Kevin was attacked/almost killed by a werepanther and Rosie said that he was "the only man [she] ever loved."

Sookie was good in this episode. Hope they keep it up as I had come to hate her. Her Alcide grief is a little eye rolling so hopefully they pretend it never happened.

What "grief?" From what I saw of Sookie, she was way too busy running around cooking up yet another one of her hare-brained schemes, which only succeeded because of dumb luck than anything else IMO, to be bothered to mourn for Alcide in any meaningful way. After all Alcide has done or tried to do for Sookie, if she doesn't shed more tears than she did at the end of this episode for him, it would disrespectful to his memory, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes