Type keyword(s) to search

Quiz - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I enjoyed it as well. I had never heard of this scandal, but someone told me about it and you can watch Ingram's actual game on Youtube.

I always used to wonder if the "phone a friend" call was going into a room full of people.

• Love 5
On 6/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, Rickster said:

I enjoyed it as well. I had never heard of this scandal, but someone told me about it and you can watch Ingram's actual game on Youtube.

Just a heads up - if you don't remember/know the outcome of the trial, and you don't want to be spoiled if you haven't seen the 3rd episode, you might want to wait to watch the game on Youtube (or actually, just stop before the last minute or two).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Just a heads up - if you don't remember/know the outcome of the trial, and you don't want to be spoiled if you haven't seen the 3rd episode, you might want to wait to watch the game on Youtube (or actually, just stop before the last minute or two).

Actually, despite having suggested watching the Youtube show, I found Sunday night that having watched it detracted from the suspense of the episode.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Rickster said:

Actually, despite having suggested watching the Youtube show, I found Sunday night that having watched it detracted from the suspense of the episode.

I watched it after Sunday night's episode (#2), and in a way I'd agree that it would have detracted from the suspense if I'd seen the Youtube version first, but on the other hand it might have been interesting to see the AMC show fill in some of the behind-the-scenes parts.

But I do stand by my suggestion to turn it off before the end if you don't want to be spoiled.  (I say that without having actually looked up any details on the case.  Maybe episode 3 still has some surprises to come.)

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Love 1

I binged the first two episodes tonight and I wish I had waited until closer to the airing of the final part. This is as good as advertised. The cast is uniformly terrific, the musical cues are great,  the (what I assume to be) liberties taken add humor and I'm trying not to spoil myself. 

(edited)

Is practicing timing considered cheating?  Or analyzing the best time to call?  Seems like mental card counting, another gray area to me, but apparently considered cheating.

Love the cast, it's a great show.  Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 1

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good story, good cast. And it was true.

The Who Wants to be a Millionaire franchise posted what's essentially the real life "G Tape". The one the edited to make the case for the prosecution with isolated audio and selective editing.

Setting aside the obvious bias of the video, a couple of things stood out to me. Charles actually wore that shirt on the show. The show used the real life dialog almost verbatim and the whipsaw reasoning Charles used when answering certain questions like the pop song one actually happened.

And his wife is a terrible fake cougher.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just finished the three episodes and was left confused about whether or not the couple were really cheating.  I was convinced by what was shown during eps 1-2 of people definitely doing things to help get a leg up while playing WWTBAM because the brother needed money and other reasons, but the trial and their lawyers evidence totally made it seem that all the actions shown in 1-2 was folks who were innocent and manipulated by the producers to be the scapegoats for their unfounded(?) finger pointing.  So confused.   

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
On 6/14/2020 at 7:12 AM, backgroundnoise said:

Is practicing timing considered cheating?  Or analyzing the best time to call? 

No. I think practicing timing and cramming isn't considered cheating.  Planning the callback to happen during a time when you can get a group of people to assist you with the qualifying question probably is cheating but that only gets the person to the show. It doesn't make them any money

32 minutes ago, patty1h said:

So confused.   

Until one of the three confesses,, we'll likely never know for sure.  I have to say that I was surprised at the verdict.  The tape makes him seem so guilty but the lawyer was pretty great in the TV show. 

I want to know if this third guy did it for free?  Maybe their case would have been stronger if they let them cash the check to see if some money went that other guy's way.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the final episode the most of the three. In fact I wish they had been able to show more of the trial. I liked that they put you in the jury seat without indicating guilt or innocence.

I thought it interesting that the co-conspirator with the uncontrollable cough was never seen to cough in the courtroom scenes....

I thought Michael Sheen did an amazing impersonation of the real host.