Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
MarkHB

S02.E09: Bachelorette

Recommended Posts

Something to do with Ivy causing roses to grow everywhere.*

 

 

 

* - Provisional synopsis

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't like the King Shark subplot. 

And once again the characterization of Harley really doesn't make sense. Harley is a co-dependent submissive personality who latches on obsessively to people who give her affection, explaining her entire relationship with the Joker. She doesn't "run from one thing to the next." If anything she'd be Ivy's for life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I didn't like the King Shark subplot. 

Best Little Mermaid song ever.

Edited by paigow
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I suppose it was. 

Somehow remembered this one as being longer and more intricate:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Best Little Mermaid song ever.

I can't believe they did that to Under The Sea 😂

I'm gonna hold off on commentating about the whole Harley/Ivy thing. I want to see how they play it out before forming an opinion on it.

Share this post


Link to post

Does Springfield have a sushi place? Homer never seemed to be a raw seafood eater...but I have missed a lot of episodes....

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, there was an old one where he sued an all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant for running out of food. Lionel Hutz said it was the worst case of misleading advertising since "The Never-Ending Story."

I'm curious what the shark-people's relationship is to Aqua-Man. Is Atlantis like the capitol of the undersea world? Or is it just one of the more powerful city-states?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, paigow said:

Does Springfield have a sushi place? Homer never seemed to be a raw seafood eater...but I have missed a lot of episodes....

Yeah in a very early episode the Simpsons go for sushi and Homer eats a possibly poisonous fish and told he may only have 24 hours to live. The rest of the episode is him living his bucket list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So Eris brainwashed Hippolyta and the Amazons so that Lex Luthor can have what's essentially Fyre Festival on Themyscira? Those bastards!

On 5/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, ruby24 said:

And once again the characterization of Harley really doesn't make sense. Harley is a co-dependent submissive personality who latches on obsessively to people who give her affection, explaining her entire relationship with the Joker. She doesn't "run from one thing to the next." If anything she'd be Ivy's for life.

True, she is extremely ride-or-die for people she's madly in love with, but I think Ivy was talking about how Harley generally lives her life. Hell, earlier in this episode she noted how Harley isn't usually much of a planner, and she does have a tendency to be rather reckless and short-sighted, going from indulging in anarchy, to unionizing the goons, to taking over New New Gotham, and then world domination with an army of parademons and back. That combined with Ivy's fear of being abandoned by Harley affecting her judgement, it makes sense why she would want to play it safe with Kiteman, frustrating as it is (plus there's four episodes left in the season). I kinda want somebody to say, "Well if you think you're that secure with Kiteman, why don't you fess up about cheating with Harley all weekend long and see what happens?" Even now he's beginning to suspect that maybe their relationship isn't as perfect as he thought.

Cobb Squad forever! Catwoman does not give a single fuck, I love it. And are we sure Jennifer isn't an Amazon?? As for Nora...look, I can understand wanting to get railed by some rando after being frozen for how many years, but Maxie Zues?!? EW!! Get tested! Also ew to the "Under the Sea" pastiche. Remind me to never go deep sea diving. 😆

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, CletusMusashi said:

 

I'm curious what the shark-people's relationship is to Aqua-Man. Is Atlantis like the capitol of the undersea world? Or is it just one of the more powerful city-states?

The sharks could capture Atlantis by using Clayface to order its surrender.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, paigow said:

The sharks could capture Atlantis by using Clayface to order its surrender.

Friends, Atlanteans, crustaceans, lend me your ears!

Jennifer had to be a ripoff of someone real. I don't think she even had a voice credit.

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Jennifer had to be a ripoff of someone real. I don't think she even had a voice credit.

She did. Mary Holland

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Apathy said:

Also ew to the "Under the Sea" pastiche. Remind me to never go deep sea diving. 😆

to paraphrase WC Fields "Water? I never touch the stuff, fish fuck in it"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size