Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They have better wedding dresses and nicer venues in this one. These look like real weddings and not quickie ceremonies in Vegas like the American ones do. The last couple Melissa and Dino seemed mismatched but you never know. My biggest thing is matching a farmer who spends his day with animals with someone who lives in a city and models part time. How is that going to work? Not everyone wants to live on a farm or tend animals, it would be a nightmare for me.

True and we are already seeing how that dynamic doesn’t work on 90 Day Fiancé. 
They really don’t show us a lot about their process. I wonder what really goes in to choosing people. They might have a very limited number from which to choose and they need 6 couples to make the show. A few might just have to be Crap shoots. 

4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They have better wedding dresses and nicer venues in this one. These look like real weddings and not quickie ceremonies in Vegas like the American ones do. The last couple Melissa and Dino seemed mismatched but you never know. My biggest thing is matching a farmer who spends his day with animals with someone who lives in a city and models part time. How is that going to work? Not everyone wants to live on a farm or tend animals, it would be a nightmare for me.

I agree that these do seem like real weddings and not just staged for tv, which is strange considering I heard they actually were just staged and not "legally binding marriages" like the American counterpart. But maybe I'm crazy and this is false? Maybe someone can enlighten me....

I wonder how close the farm is to the city? Like, is he really out in the boonies or is it adjacent to the city? It seems like a waste of everyone's time to match people that live in completely different places unless they expressed a willingness to move.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:10 PM, Ilovepie said:

Oof.....but then he rolled up on a horse and he’s a total weirdo so maybe they might be ok?

The groom coming in on a horse is a common Indian tradition, and there's a lot more to it than just the horse (music, dancing, welcoming of the groom and his family by the bride's family). (Google "baraat".)

Still a weirdo, just not because of the horse.

• LOL 1
24 minutes ago, TVGlow said:

The groom coming in on a horse is a common Indian tradition, and there's a lot more to it than just the horse (music, dancing, welcoming of the groom and his family by the bride's family). (Google "baraat".)

Still a weirdo, just not because of the horse.

The only thing that makes it strange is that it wasn't a traditional Indian wedding. He married a white girl. At that point it just looked like a groom upstaging the bride which isn't really ok in a western style ceremony where the bride is normally the center of attention. In actuality, it stressed Mel out thinking the groom jilted her because it's standard for the groom to be waiting at the altar.....I guess he's allowed to infuse his own wedding ceremony with his own culture, but someone should have clued in the bride first.

But I agree, the horse thing is the least weird thing about this guy. She's no prize either from what we've seen so far.......

• Love 3

😂 I loved that Paige called out Chris for not saying Grace before tucking in to his scrambled eggs. Then he drops a bombshell. Or chooses not to. I dislike him more and more. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well it’s been 40 minutes and nobody else is posting.  Gone are the days of yore when we all met on a site and discussed an episode. 

did you mean to get on the MAFS American show and not the Australia version?

N/M. I had forgotten  (already!) about Meditation Man!

Plus, I'm watching Episode #3 now, but my TV Guide (on the TV) says next week's  episode is #5. 

I guess we're  getting double episodes, which reduces the pain, haha!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Okay, so our first couple  tonight, Muscular Mike and Hair! Heidi, will be fighting over mirror and Selfie time. Can you say "Instagram"? I thought  you could!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2

Wow, Australia  cuts right to the chase! Weddings are imminent! 

WTH kind of girdle-dress has Hair! Heidi got on?! Jeez Louise! Not to mention TMI, show! 

Good shoes on the beach? Yikes. 

So far, Heidi and Mike seem a great match! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe

Previews of Chris for next week? [Chandler Bing voice] Can we hate him even more?!

Ha! Mark made it clear when Ning sat down  that he's not having her attitude. 

If this couple  makes it, it will be because  she provided an instant family for Mark, and he gave her the mother she's always missed. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Okay, we've got:

--Ginger Jules and Cricketer Cameron. Awesome match!

--Mole Melissa and Meditation Dino. She's  dense in mind, and he's  dense in words.

--Needy Ning and Mature Mark. Jury's still out, as she tries to make amends. Kiss, or "pash," was...not so fab for her. Keep your pants on, Marky Mark.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

--Hair! Heidi and Muscular Mike. I think their yacht cabin door had that sign about "Don't  come knockin' if the boat is rockin'"! They look fiiine  togetha!

--Jessika With a "K" and Farmer Mick. She seems not to know what she has in him, and just finds him an old embarrassment. 

---Melissa, get that damn witchy mole removed! Even Enrique finally  did!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

- - Exotic Cyrell and Nic With No "K". Fun in the snow! But Nic might be hinting to us that maybe not so much fun in bed, because....cancer. 😟

--Ning and the Thai Floating Flowers.  Yeah, yeah, but when she kissed Mark, her hand on his chest effectively pushed him away. 

• Love 2

--Jules and Cam kayaking at the waterfalls. Nope, not for me!

--Heidi and Mike. Uh-oh, he's tuning her out as she's telling about her tough past. She is repetitive, though! Read the room, Heidi! You, too, Mike. "I can only listen for a couple minutes"?! ADHD much? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

--Jules and Cam. What about kids, eh? Awwww, it's a go, mate!

--Lips Jessika and The Farmer. She doesn't want a goofy and slovenly guy. If Mick can't even change his shirt---over a sloppy tee-shirt, no less---for dinner....Then he asks about her motives (he is correct, but shouldn't have  asked). Shepherd Boy is in a baaad  marriage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

--Cyrell and Nic. Time for Roses and the Big Reveal. He is one brave soul. As is she.

~~~~~~~~~

Noooooo!!

Not Lizzie a-freakin'-gain!!! 

WTH, show?!

Oh wow, I thought my eyes were deceiving me.  I know these are not legally binding marriages, but she's making a mockery of the whole "experiment."

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

--Jules and Cam kayaking at the waterfalls. Nope, not for me!

--Heidi and Mike. Uh-oh, he's tuning her out as she's telling about her tough past. She is repetitive, though! Read the room, Heidi! You, too, Mike. "I can only listen for a couple minutes"?! ADHD much? 

Well, that was pretty rude of Mike.  WTF .. she can’t talk about her past?  He’s supposed to be her sounding board .. no?

That waterfall.  Just NO!  She could have drowned.

Why weren’t these people told beforehand about who had cancer and who had three kids, etc.?  They have a right to know.

The young one with the selfies, with the napkin of a dress .. getting all huffy.  He was right.  I don’t even remember their names yet.  I’ll leave that up to you @lenny.  Like I said before, these people are sooo different than Americans.  It takes awhile.  I’ll still watch tho.  Just keep reminding me of their names.  Lol.  You probably have them written all down.  Oh, and Mole Lissa.  She needs to go to dermatologist.  My eyes go straight to that mole every time she comes on.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

WTH, show?!

I was thinking that this was the original season Lizzie was on when the groom made the comment about never having dated women her size.  Wasn't that the issue of her first marriage that she described in the last season we saw?  The one with Seb as her husband.  Maybe they are just playing seasons out order after seeing how much we liked the first (their second) season.  My theory.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TVJunkee said:

I was thinking that this was the original season Lizzie was on when the groom made the comment about never having dated women her size.  Wasn't that the issue of her first marriage that she described in the last season we saw?  The one with Seb as her husband.  Maybe they are just playing seasons out order after seeing how much we liked the first (their second) season.  My theory.  

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is what's happening because Lizzie had that awful blond hair and makeup at her first wedding as I recall.  Otherwise, no, would not want to see her getting experiment #3.

• Love 2

True story (and TMI): dated a guy for about a year who had the same non-ejaculating issue for the same reason. The lack of worry about getting pregnant and the relative neatness post-coitally were amazing perks. I was in my 20s and had no kids but wanted them at some point waaaay off in the future. He told me his story mater of factly; it was never a big deal and at times a bonus. We broke up for other reasons, but I'm just gonna say I found the lack of ejaculating thing not only a non-issue, but possibly an enhancement. 

I am not finding much about a lot of these people to like. "I have trouble listening to you" is a huge red flag if he can't even scare up a modicum of interest when she talks. I'm not someone who typically feels strongly one way or another about reality TV show participants, but I hate the gal married to the meditation dude - her mannerisms and twitchiness would drive me crazy. Standoffish mom with three kids is so not into her spouse - she's a prickly one. I'm pretty sure this is Lizzie's first season and we're watching them out of order. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TVJunkee said:

Yes, I'm almost positive this is her first season.  We know how well that went, yikes!

I really like the redhead and the cricket player (don't know names yet) and the guy who had cancer.  Everyone else seems like a mess so far.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Where is tonight’s episode?

I am sooooo pissed! My DVR for some reason didn't pick up this episode and it's not on Demand! Lifetime is not repeating it anytime soon, either! How may couples have I missed? 

30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I am sooooo pissed! My DVR for some reason didn't pick up this episode and it's not on Demand! Lifetime is not repeating it anytime soon, either! How may couples have I missed? 

Two new ones ..very interesting.  Then they showed all the others from last week.  It’s not on demand?  How could that be?  I’m gonna check.  Get back to you.

2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

True story (and TMI): dated a guy for about a year who had the same non-ejaculating issue for the same reason. The lack of worry about getting pregnant and the relative neatness post-coitally were amazing perks. I was in my 20s and had no kids but wanted them at some point waaaay off in the future. He told me his story mater of factly; it was never a big deal and at times a bonus. We broke up for other reasons, but I'm just gonna say I found the lack of ejaculating thing not only a non-issue, but possibly an enhancement. 

I am not finding much about a lot of these people to like. "I have trouble listening to you" is a huge red flag if he can't even scare up a modicum of interest when she talks. I'm not someone who typically feels strongly one way or another about reality TV show participants, but I hate the gal married to the meditation dude - her mannerisms and twitchiness would drive me crazy. Standoffish mom with three kids is so not into her spouse - she's a prickly one. I'm pretty sure this is Lizzie's first season and we're watching them out of order. 

Like I said before, they are very different people in many ways.  Louder,aggressive, meaner, .. you name it.

24 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

wo new ones ..very interesting.  Then they showed all the others from last week.  It’s not on demand?  How could that be?  I’m gonna check.  Get back to you.

Mine only has the Australia episodes from 2019. Uggggh. All the USA eps are current. 

17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Noooooo!!

WTH, show?!

She's still with Seb - for some reason they're airing the season before last as "new" (air dates are 2019). Lizzie has the same blonde dye job as last season's flashbacks, as well as the groom who scoffs that she's "big." We already know how that ended, so I'll be FFing their scenes. I don't know why Lifetime picked S7 to air first before S6...maybe they couldn't film a new season with COVID?

Ning is an actual 14-year-old. Really, kicking water at him and sneering that they won't kiss anymore after she initiated that awkward makeout? She needs to learn the difference between snark and cruelty. I don't find her groom attractive either, but she sends mixed signals and then mocks him for trying to follow her lead. She's a bully.

Kudos to Nick for being willing to discuss side effects on TV - Cyrell handled it ok, although I thought the weeping was kind of OTT and making it about herself. Lots of folks handle fertility issues.

Jessika...oh boy, I retract my last post. She's turning into Taylor from MAFS US. It made me laugh that she said she wasn't attracted to Mick because he was "older" (tell that to Ning!!) when she's 27 and he's 31. A whopping 4 year gap!! He acts much older than 31 though - and she acts like she's 16. Her sobbing and storming off at dinner in that frilly pink dress felt like she was having a tantrum that her dad threatened to take her phone. The fact that she immediately got so defensive at the mere mention of Instagram is obvious evidence that it will be a huge problem...again, hello Taylor.

Bald guy has some nerve complaining about his wife "rambling" about her foster care childhood!!! Didn't know your attention was so valuable, douchelord. And he basically just shrugged it off when she walked away. That and his smarmy intro line about "being tired of leaving a trail of broken hearts" from women half his age (of course) suggests he's a serial dater who wanted a sex vacation.

Watching Mel and Dino is very weird. I guess...they like...each other? Or she's just horny? That makeout was uhhh...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

She's still with Seb - for some reason they're airing the season before last as "new" (air dates are 2019). 

Actually, she posted back on January 10 that they decided to break up.  But, yes, this was the season before she met Seb, her first season on the show. 

And Ning is the oldest looking 32 year old I’ve seen in a long time. I know it doesn’t help that her groom is older but when they first showed the previews to this last episode, I thought they were the token older couple (like Mishelle and Steve from last season...well our last season). I don’t think the permi-scowl helps either. 

• Love 5

Yes, after Googling, I agree that the producers must have figured that Lizzie and Seb were popular with US viewers, so why not show us her unfortunate "Before" season, even though we obviously  know the result?!

I can see Mike's POV as well as Heidi's, I think. I mean, if someone keeps saying the same things over and over, the listener might want to scream---but wouldn't!---"Enough already!" Then again, if the speaker is relating intense personal information, he or she might simply want to be listened to.

So maybe Mike could have interjected some empathic words to let Heidi know he cared. And then maybe Heidi would feel that she didn't need to repeat so much. IDK. 

But it is for sure that Mike chose the worst option: bluntly stating that he just couldn't listen any more!

How do they recover? Wouldn't Heidi wonder every day henceforth if Mike was silently hoping she would STFU?!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Yes, after Googling, I agree that the producers must have figured that Lizzie and Seb were popular with US viewers, so why not show us her unfortunate "Before" season, even though we obviously  know the result?!

I can see Mike's POV as well as Heidi's, I think. I mean, if someone keeps saying the same things over and over, the listener might want to scream---but wouldn't!---"Enough already!" Then again, if the speaker is relating intense personal information, he or she might simply want to be listened to.

So maybe Mike could have interjected some empathic words to let Heidi know he cared. And then maybe Heidi would feel that she didn't need to repeat so much. IDK. 

But it is for sure that Mike chose the worst option: bluntly stating that he just couldn't listen any more!

How do they recover? Wouldn't Heidi wonder every day henceforth if Mike was silently hoping she would STFU?!

And, if it's too much to ask of him to listen to her for 2 minutes, when he is supposed to be wanting to get to know her, then how will she ever feel safe talking to him in the future about any of her feelings? 

I think he's too narcissistic and not a good fit for her, maybe not for anybody. 

• Love 8
On 2/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

She's still with Seb - for some reason they're airing the season before last as "new" (air dates are 2019). Lizzie has the same blonde dye job as last season's flashbacks, as well as the groom who scoffs that she's "big." We already know how that ended, so I'll be FFing their scenes. I don't know why Lifetime picked S7 to air first before S6...maybe they couldn't film a new season with COVID?

Ning is an actual 14-year-old. Really, kicking water at him and sneering that they won't kiss anymore after she initiated that awkward makeout? She needs to learn the difference between snark and cruelty. I don't find her groom attractive either, but she sends mixed signals and then mocks him for trying to follow her lead. She's a bully.

Kudos to Nick for being willing to discuss side effects on TV - Cyrell handled it ok, although I thought the weeping was kind of OTT and making it about herself. Lots of folks handle fertility issues.

Jessika...oh boy, I retract my last post. She's turning into Taylor from MAFS US. It made me laugh that she said she wasn't attracted to Mick because he was "older" (tell that to Ning!!) when she's 27 and he's 31. A whopping 4 year gap!! He acts much older than 31 though - and she acts like she's 16. Her sobbing and storming off at dinner in that frilly pink dress felt like she was having a tantrum that her dad threatened to take her phone. The fact that she immediately got so defensive at the mere mention of Instagram is obvious evidence that it will be a huge problem...again, hello Taylor.

Bald guy has some nerve complaining about his wife "rambling" about her foster care childhood!!! Didn't know your attention was so valuable, douchelord. And he basically just shrugged it off when she walked away. That and his smarmy intro line about "being tired of leaving a trail of broken hearts" from women half his age (of course) suggests he's a serial dater who wanted a sex vacation.

Watching Mel and Dino is very weird. I guess...they like...each other? Or she's just horny? That makeout was uhhh...

Yes to all of this! It’s like you read my mind! Baldy and Hair seemed like a perfect match until they actually had to have a real conversation. Geez what a tool!

Ditto for Lips (or is it Boobs). I feel sorry for her farmer groom. She is such a phony and that was actually the correct question he asked. When she got up from the table she should have changed her dress - it was the perfect opportunity before one or both of her breasts escaped that top.

Dino and Mel are so awkward but I am loving the comic relief. Her getting horny rubbing mud on him and the awkward make out session was hilarious! I’m trying to remember what she said after- “I feel fresh and fine!” What??? 😂😂😂

Ning needs a therapist not a husband. She’s a mess. Her groom looks waaaayy older than 40. That was one uncomfortable make out session, and not in a fun way like Mel and Dino. I am kind of horrified they allow people with kids on this version. I don’t like that at all. I hate it on 90DF and I don’t like it here.

The red head and the cricket player are the winners so far. 

I love the travel porn this show is giving me. I want to go to Australia now. Also learning new slang like pash = kissing? I’m going to try that out on Mr. Ilovepie - “hey - let’s have a pash!” 😜

• Love 5

In regards to the out of order seasons, I personally think the answer is simple. No one thought covid-19 would span this far and wide. Now stations have airtime to fill. They probably thought last years airing was a one time deal. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

In regards to the out of order seasons, I personally think the answer is simple. No one thought covid-19 would span this far and wide. Now stations have airtime to fill. They probably thought last years airing was a one time deal. 

Yeah, i'm thinking the producers think that the viewers of the previous season really liked Lizzie and would be interested in seeing her previous "journey to love", since a lot of people probably googled it.  I know I did.

i'd rather watch more about her than Ming or the social media obsessed gal who was falling out of her skimpy pink child's dress this episode.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

His reaction was precisely correct when he said I guess that's why I'm still single at 41.  It absolutely is the foundational reason.

• Love 4