Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

If she can't watch her partner talk to a woman without thinking the worst of him, she shouldn't be in a relationship and should deal with her issues first.  This is the turning point for Josh.  And who could blame him?  I would not want to date someone who gets jealous that easily.  I wouldn't give a fuck what their baggage was.  More people in this life have been cheated on than not.  Suck it up, deal with your insecurity.  Because you will doom every relationship you get into if you are gutted when a flirtatious woman is talking to your man.  Pretend to be secure.  It's a lot sexier

But Haley, as we learned, wasn't merely "flirtatious"; she was all about physical contact, and worse, later telling. Plus, Cathy learned that sex didn't lead to love on Josh's part. 

Josh is behaving like a guy in an expendable dating relationship, not a man with a marriage to nourish and sustain and a wife to cherish and support. He runs to his protective Mommy to keep his grievances alive and well. "You shut him out for THREE DAYS!" Oh, my. The horror. The horror. 

Maybe Josh should learn what makes a man sexy. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But Haley, as we learned, wasn't merely "flirtatious"; she was all about physical contact, and worse, later telling. Plus, Cathy learned that sex didn't lead to love on Josh's part. 

Josh is behaving like a guy in an expendable dating relationship, not a man with a marriage to nourish and sustain and a wife to cherish and support. He runs to his protective Mommy to keep his grievances alive and well. "You shut him out for THREE DAYS!" Oh, my. The horror. The horror. 

Maybe Josh should learn what makes a man sexy. 

But Haley fucking another cast member wasn't an issue at that time.  And Haley being about physical contact doesn't mean Josh was.  He seemed rather shocked by Cathy being upset.   

And if Cathy is just learning that sex doesn't necessarily lead to love, than she's even more of an idiot.  Usually women learn that lesson a lot earlier in life.    

Josh is not legally married.  None of them are unlike the American MAFS.  So it's an expendable dating relationship.    

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
On 5/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Well, gee, thanks.

But I don't remember asking to know all this, so I could, you know, maybe ENJOY the show. 

Well, I love it.  It takes awhile to understand what they are saying, but you have to give it a chance to get rolling.  I just found this thread today and am thrilled.

Michele and the barber are the oldest couple and he doesn’t seem to like her.  She’s 47,a teacher, and very attractive, but I think he wanted younger and skinnier.  Then there’s one with big lips who has two little boys, and her husband cheated with another girl on the show right away.  She was nuts anyway and got booted off.  Once you get to know them, you will be hooked.  Give it a chance.  It’s on demand.  I’m so happy I found this thread as I’m disgusted with the Housewives shows.  They are all pretentious and drunk.

• Love 2

I hated Josh this episode. What a gleeful shit stirrer. He purposefully lied and told Cathy he wouldn't bring up their issues so he could get off on whining to Mommy to defend his honor in front of the whole family. He and Mama deserve each other. He's a spoiled 15-year-old. Fuck him. I felt for Cathy when she said that she was hoping he had feelings again when he said he liked her dress. As soon as she got jealous over Haley, he checked out permanently. Cathy is too needy, but Josh fucking sucks.

I don't get Johnny. "I'm starting to like her and see her as more than a friend again!" to "I shouldn't have told her there was hope, now she likes me too much!" So...do you or don't you want it to work? Is this another lack of attraction thing where you save face by claiming vague emotional attachment and sending mixed signals until your partner gives up out of frustration? He and Steve could save themselves a lot of time by just admitting it won't work because they don't want to have sex with them. Aleks too. None of this fake"But I adore you still!" bullshit. Platonic love is totally valid, but not when you both know it's built on one of you pining for more. You want to dump them because they want sex and you're romantically repulsed by them. Done!

I was surprised by the sudden turn with Aleks and Ivan, who we've barely seen prior to the homestay. I thought they were the most solid couple the whole time but just not into on camera PDA. (Although his desperate efforts to impress her with the cars were incredibly cringey) Now it turns out he's just following her around hoping for scraps too? And she's banging someone else who's a possible former husband (because who else would she be sleeping with who would also be telling Michael and Josh)?

I actually felt bad for Mishel, even if storming out was childish. I think she was saying that she understood Steve's perspective, but just wanted someone to acknowledge how shitty it feels for your partner to say he's not attracted to you. Instead, everyone just piles on defending Steve and laying out how irrational her reaction was, which rubs salt in the wound. Steve is dragging this out to look like a better guy, but if he really cared about Mishel he'd realize how humiliating this is for her and end it.

KC must be a real piece of work if she's already dictating her man's every hobby and style decision after 2-3 weeks together.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
typos
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Cathy is too needy, but Josh fucking sucks.

I think Josh could have handled it better, but I get where he's coming from.  Who wants a needy partner?  Who wants someone with more issues than Vogue?

I think their problem was they had sex way too soon.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I actually felt bad for Mishel, even if storming out was childish. I think she was saying that she understood Steve's perspective, but just wanted someone to acknowledge how shitty it feels for your partner to say he's not attracted to you. Instead, everyone just piles on defending Steve and laying out how irrational her reaction was, which rubs salt in the wound. Steve is dragging this out to look like a better guy, but if he really cared about Mishel he'd realize how humiliating this is for her and end it.

I don’t know what the rules are on this show, but if a guy told me he wasn’t attracted to me, I’d be out in a flash.  He’s had enough time to decide if he wants to go ahead.  Steve is physically fit and probably wants a younger slimmer girl, and Michel is not.  If I were her, I’d go to a hotel and forget about it all.  Three of these guys have had it already and they started out great.  I thought for sure Kathy was set with him, but no.  Also, the pony tail guy looks like he’s finished too.  WTF?  How big lips went back with Michael is beyond me after he had sex with Miss Tatoo.  She said she loves him?  Yeah, right.  What happened with the Ukrainian guy?  They all got matched and are already finished?  They didn’t even get to the hard part of marriage yet and they are finished?  It’s a joke.  But I still love to watch.  Being they talk differently, I wish they would speak slower and closer to the camera.  Half the time, I can’t understand them.  P.s.  The women sure wear much more makeup than the Americans, or they can’t put it on properly.  Too much mascara.  The clothes aren’t too stylish either.  I feel bad for Cathy.  He reports everything to Mama.  Who does that?

• Love 6
On 8/7/2020 at 7:11 PM, ECM1231 said:

Idk what to think about Johnny. I had a lot of promise for those two. I don't find Connie particularly insecure but he hasn't seemed to make a move, sexually. Perhaps that's feeding into her insecurities? I guess

Why does Connie giggle after everything Jonny says?  It’s really getting annoying.  Is it nerves or what?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t know what the rules are on this show, but if a guy told me he wasn’t attracted to me, I’d be out in a flash.  He’s had enough time to decide if he wants to go ahead.  Steve is physically fit and probably wants a younger slimmer girl, and Michel is not.  If I were her, I’d go to a hotel and forget about it all.  Three of these guys have had it already and they started out great.  I thought for sure Kathy was set with him, but no.  Also, the pony tail guy looks like he’s finished too.  WTF?  How big lips went back with Michael is beyond me after he had sex with Miss Tatoo.  She said she loves him?  Yeah, right.  What happened with the Ukrainian guy?  They all got matched and are already finished?  They didn’t even get to the hard part of marriage yet and they are finished?  It’s a joke.  But I still love to watch.  Being they talk differently, I wish they would speak slower and closer to the camera.  Half the time, I can’t understand them.  P.s.  The women sure wear much more makeup than the Americans, or they can’t put it on properly.  Too much mascara.  The clothes aren’t too stylish either.  I feel bad for Cathy.  He reports everything to Mama.  Who does that?

Michel wants more screen time.  That's all it is.  It's laughable that she stayed because her daughter, who seems to hate Steve and his prior cheating, wants her to "do the opposite."

• Love 2

I always laugh whenever someone says that so and so had sex too fast on these shows. These people are getting married sight unseen. Why delay sex but not actually getting to know someone?

Cathy has unresolved issues she needs to work out and Josh needs to grow up. These two things would be true regardless of when they had sex.

It's crazy how many couples they've had this season and I don't believe that any of them will make it.

• Love 4

Cathy and Josh were my favorite couple, so I am bummed the way things turned out. I can’t get over the fact that they agreed to put the past behind them, and then the first opportunity he got, he threw her under the bus, again. Mama Josh needs to mind her damn business. If I were Cathy, I would have been out of there.

I suspected that Alecks and Ivan were putting up a front. I never got the feeling they were as happy as they would have others believe. Alecks strikes me as a snob, who is all about appearances.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

suspected that Alecks and Ivan were putting up a front. I never got the feeling they were as happy as they would have others believe. Alecks strikes me as a snob, who is all about appearances.

Yep.. they seem like a team who got together on a whim to maybe promote their Realty companies?  There’s no emotion there.  They are just void.  He’s very prissy.  He needs a couple of Big Macs and some fries, or maybe he’s a model too?  Who knows.

• Love 4

Michael is such a chatty Cathy. It's crazy.

The experts were right to go at Ivan and Aleks. They are both fake as hell and trying to hide behind modesty.

They haven't had one calm dinner so far. Usually because of Michael.

• Love 4

I don’t believe Aleks was all that into Ivan; so when she saw his little shitty apartment, she was done. If he had a place like Michael she would still be with him.  Someone should probably tell her that she isn’t as hot as she thinks she is.  Wonder if she is still with the Ferrari guy.

What Jonny is doing to Connie is wrong on so many different levels. I am glad they called him out for giving her false hope. He should just sit her down and tell her how he really feels. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Michael is such a chatty Cathy. It's crazy.

The experts were right to go at Ivan and Aleks. They are both fake as hell and trying to hide behind modesty.

They haven't had one calm dinner so far. Usually because of Michael.

I was surprised to come here and see pretty much nobody else talking about this dreadful show. 

I really don't see why anyone was surprised and offended that Ivan and Aleks chose to skip the commitment ceremony. After being attacked by everyone at the dinner, why would they want to face those people again.  Why did they owe them more time to get picked apart. They decided it just wasn't a good fit and didn't want to continue and I think they had the right to do that.

Why Michael thinks he's in charge and qualified to judge them is something I don't understand. He's a shit-stirrer and not anyone I would ever want to know.  If Stacy likes him (and his money), fine, she can have him.

I really don't like any of the couples together for a long term relationship, but guess time will tell.  I like Cathy but Josh is so not the kind of man she needs. If she works on herself, and she probably needs some counseling to do that, she will find someone who will love her and not promise her one thing and then do just the opposite.

The gal tossing her mate's stuff still doesn't see that she did anything wrong when she's clearly violating his right to have what he wants, though, yeah, having all those stuffed animals is kind of strange.  Wait 'til she meets the roommate.

• Love 1

Ivan Aleks = GRIFTERS.  I don't believe anything regarding those two.  Though I think everything shifted when Aleks saw Ivan's apartment and saw his friends all talking about their cars.  She was out right then.

Poor Connie, Jonny was WRONG.  If he felt hopeful, he could have said exactly what he said and then wrote STAY.  Mishel was right to call him out.  I hate it when people say this but Connie does deserve better.  

Josh and Cathy had sex WAY too early.  I laughed when they both looked at each other and said, "you don't know me"  "you don't know me."  Of course not, they'd been boffing like bunnies.  Their relationship went south when Josh was sitting next to what's her name (the recovered drug addict) and Cathy felt insecure.  When she told that to Josh, he got pissed off that she would think he'd cheat and it went downhill from there.  Anyway, they both need to grow the fuck up before getting involved with anybody again.

KC's problem is that she stayed in LA too long.  She does come across superficial/Instagram model type.  Who goes to someone's home and starts throwing shit away?  What a dork.

Steve and Mishel are cool because, when Mishel walked out of that lunch, last week, Steve went after her.  The opposite of what happened with Josh and Cathy.  Cathy walked off and Josh was like, "whatever."  Not good.

• Love 4

Yeah, the cars and business-on-the-honeymoon put paid to any attraction Aleks felt for Ivan. 

Speaking of Boys and Their Toys: KC was in the wrong, quite clearly. However, what man gets married when he has a female roommate and a treasured plush Made in China bear that he named and introduced as Cornelius?! Not the most seductive, or even mature, of environs.

Speaking of seductive environs: Michael's house! Aaanyway.... I believe Michael and Josh about Ivan's kiss-and-tell. 

Cathy and Josh. Man, from volcanic to the Ice Age in a trice! I think she was heartbroken, but he was over her. He knows he can easily get a new girl....of whom Mama approves.

I don't like Jonny. Now, looking back when he took his sweet time to kiss Connie, we and she understand it was lack of attraction. 

Could Steve call  Mishel "beautiful" any more often? (Chandler Bing voice)

• Love 2

What's with Steve and Mishel? I'm not understanding these two. Steve clearly not attracted, she continually crying about being betrayed and lied to. Next episode he loves her, she's the best woman he's ever met, she's beautiful and she's got a shit eating grin on her face like all is well with the world. Huh? 

I thought the American version of this show was bad but the Australian version sucks even worse. The commitment ceremonies are a waste of time. The experts never ask any hard core questions about anything. No matter what the couples are complaining about all they ask is "so what is your decision"? Never getting to the bottom of any issues the couples are having. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What's with Steve and Mishel? I'm not understanding these two. Steve clearly not attracted, she continually crying about being betrayed and lied to. Next episode he loves her, she's the best woman he's ever met, she's beautiful and she's got a shit eating grin on her face like all is well with the world. Huh? 

I thought the American version of this show was bad but the Australian version sucks even worse. The commitment ceremonies are a waste of time. The experts never ask any hard core questions about anything. No matter what the couples are complaining about all they ask is "so what is your decision"? Never getting to the bottom of any issues the couples are having. 

I agree, quite surprising after the homestay we saw. So did Steve finally understand her view or did she decide to just decide that was not important?

And, yeah, seems like the only thing that happens at the commitment ceremonies is we get to see how they look and not what they think.  It's only a couple more episodes I guess, so will watch 'til the end but a year from now, wonder if any of them will have survived.

I doubt it.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

The commitment ceremonies are a waste of time. The experts never ask any hard core questions about anything. No matter what the couples are complaining about all they ask is "so what is your decision"? Never getting to the bottom of any issues the couples are having. 

Yep, totally agree. It's maddening, but then again I have to keep reminding myself that this is an experiment, and not a legally binding marriage. Any and all crackpots/ fame whores may apply. 

*** Connie does seem rather normal, though, and a bit brainy, so idk why she applied.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Steve realized he could placate Mishel (or maybe convince himself) with empty, gushy compliments "You're so beautiful! I love you! You're the best!" to ease his own guilt about not being attracted to her. The problem is Mishel is obviously going to take it as a green light, hence her giddy "should we have sex?!" after their couch time. She assumes something is building when I think he's just biding his time to make the gentlest exit possible. I think Steve thinks Mishel is a nice person and feels bad about not being into her, but at the end of the day he's already decided he'll never be attracted to her and has just trapped herself into an endless cycle of giving her false hope.

Alexs and Ivan are both phony weenies. Alexs is a loser for drooling over some douche with a car, Ivan is a loser for asking Josh/Michael to fight his battles (call out your own wife, you spineless dweeb) and throwing them under the bus by denying the whole thing (the ONE time I was rooting for Michael!), and they both suck for bowing out to avoid the heat when they probably would've written leave anyway.

Good for Cathy. Josh and his mom would've been a constant tag-teaming nightmare.

Johnny seems to get off on being as vague and ambiguous as possible solely for the purpose of frustrating Connie. But it doesn't even seem like an ego thing because he looked visibly uncomfortable while she was describing her feelings for him, so I don't get his endgame, other than enjoying the power of wasting her time.

KC is way too image-obsessed to ever work with Sean. Seb/Lizzie will probably make it, but they're in the smug newlywed phase that annoys me, lol. They're always funny together though.

• Love 4
On 8/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, Racj82 said:

I always laugh whenever someone says that so and so had sex too fast on these shows. These people are getting married sight unseen. Why delay sex but not actually getting to know someone?

Cathy has unresolved issues she needs to work out and Josh needs to grow up. These two things would be true regardless of when they had sex.

It's crazy how many couples they've had this season and I don't believe that any of them will make it.

The conclusion was drawn (at least by me) from the result: Early sex didn't keep Josh in the relationship. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The conclusion was drawn (at least by me) from the result: Early sex didn't keep Josh in the relationship. 

It's not supposed to keep him in. 

And he didn't lose interest because he got laid. He lost interest because Cathy has jealousy and trust issues she has yet to resolve. Things that would have been an issue anyway. Maybe having sex early pushed Cathy's attachment and insecurities to the forefront but she always had these issues and Josh was always a Mama's boy.

At least they both got laid before things went to shit.

Edited by Racj82
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It's supposed to keep him in. 

And he didn't lose interest because got laid. He lost interest because Cathy has jealousy and trust issues she has yet to resolve. Things that would have been an issue anyway. Maybe having sex early pushed Cathy's attachment and insecurities to the forefront but she always had these issues and Josh was always a Mama's boy.

At least they both got laid before things went to shit.

I agree.  The relationship went to hell in a handbasket because Cathy is extremely insecure.  Insecurity isn't healthy.  It isn't sexy.  They barely know each other and she's that jealous?  Weird.

And my God, the anger during this past episode.  You'd think they'd been in a 10 year relationship that broke up.  I mean, good she finally has some balls to write "leave" but still.  That's a whole lot of anger and hurt for such little time together and an "experiment."

• Love 5
On 8/14/2020 at 2:01 PM, bichonblitz said:

What IS it with the glam fashion extravaganza going on weekly in both the Dinner & the Commitment Ceremonies.  Were these women told to "THINK RED CARPET!"  I keep expecting Joan Rivers to step up to them and ask:  "Who are you wearing?"

Their fashion sense seems a wee bit scary.' Almost as scary as the toddler-size jackets many of the males wear.  (If this is what is trending in Australia, then my apologies - but puleeze don't head over to the States.)  ;->

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

From the 'Things That Aren't Sexy" Dept:

---Mama's Boys.

---Grown Men Who Have a Stuffed Animal Collection.

---Old Men Who Tell Women That They, the Men, Aren't Attracted to Them.

---Passive-Aggressive Men. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

---Mama's Boys.

LOL I don't disagree.

42 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

---Mama's Boys.

Huh?  if someone isn't attracted to you, then they're not. 

Insecurity and desperation aren't attractive either.

Neither are cheaters.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Huh?  if someone isn't attracted to you, then they're not. 

Insecurity and desperation aren't attractive either.

Neither are cheaters.

Feel free to post your own list. Mine wasn't intended to be the end-all. 

BTW, the operative words in the specific point you responded to are "Old" and "tell." Context. 

And FWIW, I believe we all got the drift of "insecurity isn't sexy" the first dozen mentions.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Feel free to post your own list. Mine wasn't intended to be the end-all. 

BTW, the operative words in the specific point you responded to are "Old" and "tell." Context. 

And FWIW, I believe we all got the drift of "insecurity isn't sexy" the first dozen mentions.  

Nevermind.  I did drop "insecurity isn't sexy" multiple times, making me rethink my original comment.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 1

I sense that Lizzie's mom is training her daughter to be a gold digger....like Stacey.  

Lizzie's mom was wearing the same dress she wore to her daughter's wedding...strange.

Drew looks like a young Jim Caviezel.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I find it so strange how many women are basically upset that their stranger "husband" isn't making the move to have sex.  Is it they are taking that as an insult of their attractiveness level?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

I find it so strange how many women are basically upset that their stranger "husband" isn't making the move to have sex.  Is it they are taking that as an insult of their attractiveness level?

I agree.  These people all seem silly to me.  They equate having sex with "he thinks I'm attractive."  

Josh and Cathy had sex early.  Look where they are now.  

To me, the men are saying, "I don't want to have sex with you just to fuck someone.  I want to feel something for you first."  

And the women hear:  "You don't really care for me, because you don't want to fuck me."

Weird.  And Mishel is old enough to know that a guy wanting to rip your clothes off doesn't mean jack shit.  KC's been in LA too long, I guess that's where she got her breast job.

This show seems sad to me.  It proves how Rom Coms have distorted how people view love and romance.  They're all talking sex and faux romance.  But a relationship is about who takes out the garbage, who changes the diaper at 3am, how are we with money?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I agree.  These people all seem silly to me.  They equate having sex with "he thinks I'm attractive."  

Josh and Cathy had sex early.  Look where they are now.  

To me, the men are saying, "I don't want to have sex with you just to fuck someone.  I want to feel something for you first."  

And the women hear:  "You don't really care for me, because you don't want to fuck me."

Weird.  And Mishel is old enough to know that a guy wanting to rip your clothes off doesn't mean jack shit.  KC's been in LA too long, I guess that's where she got her breast job.

This show seems sad to me.  It proves how Rom Coms have distorted how people view love and romance.  They're all talking sex and faux romance.  But a relationship is about who takes out the garbage, who changes the diaper at 3am, how are we with money?

Totally agree.

Not to mention, how would they feel if they weren't ready and the guy was hounding them for sex?  

• Love 3

I have yet to watch the 2nd hour, so I may change my mind at that point but I will forget my thoughts if I don't put them down now.

I am not finding any of these couples to be suited to each other unless maybe Michael is actually ok with Stacey taking him to the poorhouse.  She's already asking him for a credit card and she just wants to stay home and cook and enjoy the life of luxury? I don't much like him but he seemed to be not thrilled with her ideas for the future and her feeling of entitlement to spend, spend, spend.

Those friends and families that were interrogating the 2 guys were awfully judgmental and ugly. If Connie really thought they were out of line why didn't she go rescue the guy?  And apparently the gal with stuffed animal guy was ok with the harpies' nasty behavior. What facial expressions of dislike.

I can't see Steve ever really loving Michel the way she wants, he's not interested in sharing her bed and she's just constantly frustrated. How much fun is that?  I think she's a lovely person and she deserves more affection and consistency.

Not sure I buy Seb's interest in Lizzie long-term, but hope she doesn't get hurt if it ends because she seems so fragile. On a superficial note, I worry about her physically - the bones in her back were so prominent that I suspect an eating disorder.

I probably have the names wrong, 

• Love 1

thoughts on KC and Stuffed Animal Guy (SAG)

KC and her posse keep harping on SAG being so judgmental ... but I think this is a projection on her part. She is the one who walked in and started choosing which of his belongings to throw away.  I think the comments SAG has made which KC interprets as judgmental are him expressing his values. These values clash with hers, and instead of being open and understanding about the possibility that they have different values, she reverts to calling him judgmental.

I think SAG is physically attracted to KC, and I think she is just wearing him down, and he eventually just gave in to the lust he feels for her physically.  

Based on everything I've seen, these two do not share mutual values, and I would be shocked if they actually made it long-term.

• Love 5

Who are the 6 couples that the experts( in a voiceover) said have had sex? Josh/Cathy, Mikey/ Natasha, Stacie/Michael, Drew/KC and who else? Have Lizzie and Seb? I can't remember if Haley and Dave did the deed or not.

1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

Who are the 6 couples that the experts( in a voiceover) said have had sex? Josh/Cathy, Mikey/ Natasha, Stacie/Michael, Drew/KC and who else? Have Lizzie and Seb? I can't remember if Haley and Dave did the deed or not.

I forgot all about Mikey/Natasha!  And the other couple where the girl had bad skin and was insecure about her looks.

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Lizzie's mom was wearing the same dress she wore to her daughter's wedding...strange.

With so many Reality Show Production shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if Lizzie, Seb & family were rushed straight from the "Wedding" to the 'Home Visits' episode to keep up with low-budget filming schedules.  ;->  Just kidding...bwahaha!  BUT, like you, Neurochick, I kinda shuddered at that dinner display.  Lizzie's mom was either: A) playing to the camera; or B) rude, rude, RUDE!  It's pretty unlikely that anyone who truly HAS a "nice lifestyle & upbringing" would be bragging about it!  I think Seb did a good job dealing with mom's uncouth rantings....and I was pleased to see that Lizzie was similarly a bit startled at her mom's behavior.

• Love 3

Stacey made it pretty clear that she plans on staying home and spending Michael's money.  "I need a credit card". Whoa, slow your roll, gold digger. Michael, welcome to the real Stacey. Wasn't she an attorney or something? What happened to her big career? This is never going to work for Michael. Ever. 

I thought the mothers and friends were all extremely obnoxious. Where were the dad's?  Having said that, Lizzies mom did get right down to it with important questions. Don't these couples talk about anything other than sex and who's having it and who isn't and why don't you want to do me yet? It seems that Seb has no plans for his future or ideas on savings and investing, home purchasing or much of anything except having a good time. He's not 22, he's 30. Time to get your head out of your ass. Lizzie's mom made her point now Lizzie needs to run for the hills. 

Steve needs to lighten up. Does he ever smile or laugh? Such a downer all the time. 

What's Connie's deal, does she not have her own place? She lives with her mom and mom didn't want to be filmed? I'm missing something here. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stacey made it pretty clear that she plans on staying home and spending Michael's money.  "I need a credit card". Whoa, slow your roll, gold digger. Michael, welcome to the real Stacey. Wasn't she an attorney or something? What happened to her big career? This is never going to work for Michael. Ever.

She just graduated with her law degree and in Australia it's an LLB, not a JD. It a bachelor's not a graduate degree. She hasn't practiced to my understanding.

Which makes me wonder, where did the money come from for the 20k of shoes and bags and clothes? How was she earning money? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Welp, I apparently don't have majority opinions for this episode, but here we go nonetheless, lol.

Obviously sex doesn't guarantee long-term potential, but for Connie and Mishel, I don't interpret their sadness and frustration as a delusion that sex will magically save the relationship or a juvenile "they're not horny for me, so they don't like me!!!" attitude. I was actually really proud of both of them for standing up for themselves. It's more of a shit or get off the pot, put your money where you mouth is ultimatum - and good for them. Johnny and Steve have been circle talking and spewing word salad for weeks about how Connie and Mishel are great people and they like them a lot and they have all the traits they asked for and blah blah but bristle at even the tiniest hint of romance. Whatever their reasoning may be - feeling guilty, wanting to save face, not wanting to look like the bad guy on camera, or just enjoying toying with her - they've both had multiple chances to be honest with their wives, only to immediately ruin the moment of clarity with more word vomit about holding out hope that a spark could grow, maybe, possibly, someday. Then they recoil when their wives actually try and blame them for being upset. Repeat. Connie and Mishel are saying: If you really like me that much and we're truly just "in a rut" you would be at least open to the concept of sex to build intimacy. Of course, they won't because of lack of attraction, and I was cheering that this episode forced them to finally acknowledge that instead of their stale false hope monologues.

I get that it's awkward, but if they sincerely cared about them as **FRIENDS** and valued their supposedly magical platonic connection formed through months of bonding and growing as people, they'd fucking tell them!!!! But they're perfectly content with humiliating them for the sake of their image and comfort. Johnny and Steve are shitbags not for withholding sex or not being attracted to Connie and Mishel, but because they've been lying to them and stringing them along and labeling it as some super special friendship (Steve in particular). 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Welp, I apparently don't have majority opinions for this episode, but here we go nonetheless, lol.

Obviously sex doesn't guarantee long-term potential, but for Connie and Mishel, I don't interpret their sadness and frustration as a delusion that sex will magically save the relationship or a juvenile "they're not horny for me, so they don't like me!!!" attitude. I was actually really proud of both of them for standing up for themselves. It's more of a shit or get off the pot, put your money where you mouth is ultimatum - and good for them. Johnny and Steve have been circle talking and spewing word salad for weeks about how Connie and Mishel are great people and they like them a lot and they have all the traits they asked for and blah blah but bristle at even the tiniest hint of romance. Whatever their reasoning may be - feeling guilty, wanting to save face, not wanting to look like the bad guy on camera, or just enjoying toying with her - they've both had multiple chances to be honest with their wives, only to immediately ruin the moment of clarity with more word vomit about holding out hope that a spark could grow, maybe, possibly, someday. Then they recoil when their wives actually try and blame them for being upset. Repeat. Connie and Mishel are saying: If you really like me that much and we're truly just "in a rut" you would be at least open to the concept of sex to build intimacy. Of course, they won't because of lack of attraction, and I was cheering that this episode forced them to finally acknowledge that instead of their stale false hope monologues.

I get that it's awkward, but if they sincerely cared about them as **FRIENDS** and valued their supposedly magical platonic connection formed through months of bonding and growing as people, they'd fucking tell them!!!! But they're perfectly content with humiliating them for the sake of their image and comfort. Johnny and Steve are shitbags not for withholding sex or not being attracted to Connie and Mishel, but because they've been lying to them and stringing them along and labeling it as some super special friendship (Steve in particular). 

Steve hasn't talked in circles.  He flat out said he wasn't attracted to her.  Both he and Johnny have voted to "leave."   Having sex with them would indeed give mixed signals.  In my view, it's admirable they haven't had sex with women they don't want to have a future with.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4

My thing with the no sex is that I think it's both sweet and bullshit at the same time.

I think the guys not having sex with their wives or not making moves, by and large, are because they just aren't actually interested in being with their spouse. That's sweet in that they aren't taking the opportunity to get laid because they could while knowing they are out of there as soon as the show is over.

But, I also feel like it's a bit of bullshit because they keep tap dancing around facts while also stringing the wife along. 

It's not true in every case. Like I get the couple that haven't been together as long in the process moving slower. But, come on, if Jonethen and Steve actually wanted to be with their spouses they would have had sex by now. Taking it slow or not.

I'm also of the mind that I couldn't see myself progressing pass the filiming of the show if I don't know that we are sexually compatible with each other. Sex isn't the most important thing in a relationship but it's is important. If I'm going to be with someone forever, my needs emotionally and physically need to be met at a certain level.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

My thing with the no sex is that I think it's both sweet and bullshit at the same time.

I think the guys not having sex with their wives or not making moves, by and large, are because they just aren't actually interested in being with their spouse. That's sweet in that they aren't taking the opportunity to get laid because they could while knowing they are out of there as soon as the show is over.

But, I also feel like it's a bit of bullshit because they keep tap dancing around facts while also stringing the wife along. 

It's not true in every case. Like I get the couple that haven't been together as long in the process moving slower. But, come on, if Jonethen and Steve actually wanted to be with their spouses they would have had sex by now. Taking it slow or not.

I'm also of the mind that I couldn't see myself progressing pass the filiming of the show if I don't know that we are sexually compatible with each other. Sex isn't the most important thing in a relationship but it's is important. If I'm going to be with someone forever, my needs emotionally and physically need to be met at a certain level.

I still don't see "stringing the wife along."  Both have flat out said they aren't ready for sex.  They aren't teasing them with a heavy makeout session and then stop.  I don't hear them saying things that suggest these relationships are going anywhere after the show ends.

This is essentially an 8 week blind date where both Johnny and Steve have voted to leave.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I still don't see "stringing the wife along."  Both have flat out said they aren't ready for sex.  They aren't teasing them with a heavy makeout session and then stop.  I don't hear them saying things that suggest these relationships are going anywhere after the show ends.

This is essentially an 8 week blind date where both Johnny and Steve have voted to leave.  

I am not talking about stringing them along about sex.

I am saying that I think Jonethen and Steve are not interested in their wives in that way at all nor do I think they believe it will change. But, they keep saying things that imply over time their feelings will change. I don't think they believe that. I think they are saying that to be kind. Which is sweet and kind of them but at the same time is tiresome. 

They gave their spouses an out so at this point it's kind of on the wives. But, you just have to be careful you are not giving false hope. Some people will keep dialing in on the hope.

• Love 6

A very telling moment Connie should have paid much more attention to than she did was when they were seated on the couch talking, then Johnny leans forward for a hug. Then Connie pushes herself toward him in a huge bear hug, to the point where she is in on his lap. At that moment, rather than wrap his arms around her, he stands up so that she is hanging on him and then she finally drops back to the couch. 

Then he says "If you give her an inch she will take a mile" 

I don't think there could be a more clear indication that he doesn't want to pursue a physical relationship with her (in terms of body language).

Yes, of course he should overtly say I am not attracted to you... which he finally did when pressed at the dinner. 

I wonder why the men feel pressure to stay in the experiment when they know they are not attracted.  Can't they choose to leave at any time in between the commitment ceremonies? 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

A very telling moment Connie should have paid much more attention to than she did was when they were seated on the couch talking, then Steve leans forward for a hug. Then Connie pushes herself toward him in a huge bear hug, to the point where she is in on his lap. At that moment, rather than wrap his arms around her, he stands up so that she is hanging on him and then she finally drops back to the couch. 

Then he says "If you give her an inch she will take a mile" 

I don't think there could be a more clear indication that he doesn't want to pursue a physical relationship with her (in terms of body language).

Yes, of course he should overtly say I am not attracted to you... which he finally did when pressed at the dinner. 

I wonder why the men feel pressure to stay in the experiment when they know they are not attracted.  Can't they choose to leave at any time in between the commitment ceremonies? 

Did you mean Johnny?

But Connie does seem to miss social cues and she really seems immature.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Did you mean Johnny?

But Connie does seem to miss social cues and she really seems immature.

Yes, I just changed it.

But ...again... why do the men feel a need to stay?  After a few weeks and they know they never want to have sex with the woman... why not drop out?  I have to assume its for the financial compensation of staying in the experiment longer.  Johny and Steve don't seem like the types who do this for the "fame".

• Love 3