Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

If I were experts, I would have told Stacey and Michael they were exempt from the Stay/Leave UNLESS Michael gets help for his drinking... and if they didn't want to say it, they could have suggested it to Stacey. I am not sure how it works on MAFSAU and how much production can step in, but three weeks together and three weeks of Michael drinking so much he "can't remember"; seems like an issue. 

Agreed!  I know that 'drinking' is a 'sport' in Australia ☺️, but Michael appears to be the perennial Frat Boy who will gradually be left behind as his mates grow up and assume adult responsibilities.  "Blackouts' are bad enough, but that doesn't explain how he GOT INTO THE SITUATION in the first place.   Stacey remains an enigma to me.  I can't quite understand why a woman who wants (&, of course, deserves) respect and a 'good man,' would puff her face up with fillers & then wonder WHY she attracts the 'wrong sort of men.'  It's a puzzlement...and sad!

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

Stacey remains an enigma to me. 

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's only 26, has two young children (am assuming they are under age 5) AND is a law school graduate.  When did she have the time?  Have they said if she is divorced or a widow? I can't seem to remember.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Agreed!  I know that 'drinking' is a 'sport' in Australia ☺️, but Michael appears to be the perennial Frat Boy who will gradually be left behind as his mates grow up and assume adult responsibilities.  "Blackouts' are bad enough, but that doesn't explain how he GOT INTO THE SITUATION in the first place.   Stacey remains an enigma to me.  I can't quite understand why a woman who wants (&, of course, deserves) respect and a 'good man,' would puff her face up with fillers & then wonder WHY she attracts the 'wrong sort of men.'  It's a puzzlement...and sad!

Yes, despite what she did to ruin her face, I think Stacey is a lovely and smart and ambitious woman and it is a shame if Michael's money is what's keeping her. It is just not worth it. She will be subjected to the constant drinking and blackouts and not remembering (so it's ok?) for as long as she stays with him. She deserves so much more.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

Michel says she loves the outdoors and she loves adventure but I don't buy it.

I don't buy it, either. I remember in the beginning of the honeymoons Michel and Steve had a big fight because they went skiing and Steve was pretty good at it, having a good time and Michel said she hated it and was a sulking bitch face because she was terrible, kept falling, was too cold, blah blah. So no, I don't think she's an adventurer at all unless sitting on the beach drinking margueritas is her idea of adventure. Something is not adding up there. 

I don't understand why Michael wanted to be on a show about getting married when he clearly is not ready for that kind of commitment. He doesn't want to settle down yet, he wants to go out and party with his buddies and cheat on (apparently) his wife. He is not serious about a monogamous relationship so again I wonder why he wanted to get married in the first place. Just to be on TV and look like a jerk? Well, then, mission accomplished, asshole. Makes no sense. 

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yes, despite what she did to ruin her face, I think Stacey is a lovely and smart and ambitious woman and it is a shame if Michael's money is what's keeping her. It is just not worth it. She will be subjected to the constant drinking and blackouts and not remembering (so it's ok?) for as long as she stays with him. She deserves so much more.

I don't get "she deserves so much more."  She wants Michael because of his business and his money.  At first she thought Michael was a jerk, and as soon as she found out about his business her opinion about him changed. 

Michael needs help.  I wonder if he can go out and have only one or two drinks.  If he can't do that, he might have a problem.  If he drinks so much that he blacks out, he has a problem.  One day he could go into a blackout and do something crazy without even knowing it.  What if he blacked out and found himself in Vegas? (I knew someone that happened to...very scary.)

I don't understand why Michael wanted to be on a show about getting married when he clearly is not ready for that kind of commitment. He doesn't want to settle down yet, he wants to go out and party with his buddies and cheat on (apparently) his wife. He is not serious about a monogamous relationship so again I wonder why he wanted to get married in the first place. Just to be on TV and look like a jerk? Well, then, mission accomplished, asshole. Makes no sense. 

Some people think they're ready for marriage, think it in their head, but in reality they aren't.  Maybe people in his family have been pressuring him to find a nice girl and he's like, "I'll just go on this show." 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't get "she deserves so much more."  She wants Michael because of his business and his money.  At first she thought Michael was a jerk, and as soon as she found out about his business her opinion about him changed. 

Michael needs help.  I wonder if he can go out and have only one or two drinks.  If he can't do that, he might have a problem.  If he drinks so much that he blacks out, he has a problem.  One day he could go into a blackout and do something crazy without even knowing it.  What if he blacked out and found himself in Vegas? (I knew someone that happened to...very scary.)

I  agree.  What's so great about Stacey?  I have to side-eye any person who is a single parent and does this show.  Too much risk to marry someone you don't know WELL when you have kids at home.  Also, yeah, she basically hated him until she found out he had money, then her tune changed!  Think that makes her materialistic at best, a gold-digger at worst.  And I was very unimpressed with her when she didn't say anything to Michael when he was  being such a pot-stirrer at the dinner party where he was giving everyone crap.  She was enjoying it way too much.  She should've been completely embarrassed by his behavior. She's not a great person in my eyes.

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 6

Don't think I saw this mentioned but it appears that while all that shit between Michael and Haley was going down Stacey was away visiting her children. Why couldn't the woman who left a few episodes ago due to missing her child, also leave to visit?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Didn't Michael get wasted on their honeymoon?  That should have been enough for her to walk away. Its a sign that someone doesn't have control over their drinking habits given his age and the setting (honeymoon with new spouse).

• Love 3

Steve is 52?   I’m 49 and thought he was 60+.  He seems very set in his ways. 
oh, Michael (is that his name? With Stacy) remembers.  He planned his amnesia speech.  

1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Didn't Michael get wasted on their honeymoon?  That should have been enough for her to walk away. Its a sign that someone doesn't have control over their drinking habits given his age and the setting (honeymoon with new spouse).

To be fair, hubby and I got wasted on our honeymoon, me more than him.  10 years later, we are going strong. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

oh, Michael (is that his name? With Stacy) remembers.  He planned his amnesia speech.  

To be fair, hubby and I got wasted on our honeymoon, me more than him.  10 years later, we are going strong. 

nevermind

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 1

More than half of these couples aren't even ready for the work of a relationship, at best. It's clear the common denominator of the couples that aren't working out is the lack of attraction. 

Stacey's behavior is alarming. She's more concerned about Haley than she is the person that's "committed" to her. And Michael knows it - every time he has that stupid smug look on his face when Stacey defends him I go crazy!! They are truly meant for one another - good luck with that future. Why are the pretty ones always so jealous & stupid?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I'm sure you a your hubby knew each other longer than a few hours. 

20 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Don't think I saw this mentioned but it appears that while all that shit between Michael and Haley was going down Stacey was away visiting her children. Why couldn't the woman who left a few episodes ago due to missing her child, also leave to visit?

They mentioned she was with her kids more than once.

• Love 2

I'm on the episode where Stacey gets a make-under by her husband...and really, the only difference is her hair is in braids and no lipstick on those awful inflated lips. She's got the fake eyelashes.

The lips in this series.  Men can't really like that do they?  

• Love 6
On 6/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, ECM1231 said:

I'm sorry I can't remember names yet, but the gal with the bad complexion really had such poor self-esteem. I felt so sorry for her. She totally misread the situation as I do think her groom was attracted to her and she kept thinking he wasn't. Why in the world would she ask him if she was the type he normally went for? That's only asking for disappointment. I do think it was wrong, however, for the experts to pair her with someone who had 2 children as not everyone wants to become a stepparent.  In the case of Poppy and Paul Bunyon, they both are parents but yikes, Paul Bunyon's kids are teens and Poppy has 2 year-old twins! I wonder how he feels about that?

The former boxer turned truck driver who lives on a farm with lots of acreage and the extrovert brunette former addict seemed to have loads of chemistry. Mom and Dad were sour pusses. Yeah, I get that the bride wasn't all that demure, but lighten up and give her a chance. She seemed to be happy to be welcomed into an 'intact' family but boy did she misread that one. Coming attractions have me worried. I wonder what could have happened to have everything implode?

That's funny people think the parents were sourpusses b/c I thought she was way too extra during the wedding.  I wouldn't have liked her.  

• Love 2
On 7/2/2020 at 2:58 PM, Neurochick said:

I watched this last night.   Now I get why there are so many couples.  How many of them will be left standing at the end?

I don't like Amanda, she reminds me of Michael on the last US season, not about the lying but that he pushed Meeka for sex during the honeymoon.  However, I think Tash should have left last week.

Speaking of left.  I don't think Poppy should have even been chosen.  Her children are WAY too young.  Luke had kids, but I think his are older. I felt bad for her just leaving him like that.  BUT, Luke made a strange comment to her about "this is it for us" and I think that might have put too much pressure on Poppy who didn't want to be there in the first place.

One thing I really like about this series as opposed to the US one is that these couples have fights and SURPRISE, they repair them, for how long, I don't know, but at least they try to repair them.  Too many of the US couples are like, "I'm DONE" every five minutes. 

Maybe we Americans watch too many romcoms and believe that there's this "perfect person" out here.  I always hear this "s/he can do better."  Hey, maybe they can't.  Maybe this is better.  I'm not talking about abuse, I'm talking about disagreements, communication issues, dealing with someone else's human-ness.  

I think it seems they try to repair them but it's because in the Aussie version, there are opportunities to get out a lot earlier.  And they stay bc camera time.  In the US, they only are out if they pull a Brandon otherwise you're waiting til the last episode to figure out if they are going to call it quits or not.  Meaning, the Aussies stay longer bc it means more camera time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm on the episode where Stacey gets a make-under by her husband...and really, the only difference is her hair is in braids and no lipstick on those awful inflated lips. She's got the fake eyelashes.

The lips in this series.  Men can't really like that do they?  

When Michael first saw Stacey, he approvingly called them "busty lips." Tonight's two new brides both have the same inflation. 

So I'm thinking "busty lips" are a normal beauty enhancement in Australia. 

Speaking of the new couples:

Big Red and Re-Tread: They look to me like the poor man's Prince Harry and Meghan. So...after her previous MAFS groom essentially called her fat ("I'd never dated anyone as big as Liz"), Lizzie decided to go for the "Olive Oyl as played by Shelley Duvall" look. Well, she must have lived right since then, because she seems to have got quite the sincere bloke in Sebastian ("Seb").

The Musician and the Dancer: KC is cute-beautiful and Drew is good-looking, but his living situation feeds directly into her one fear, that of being cheated on. And Drew's taking that little cutesie touch of the "Remember me" doll from the roomie on his honeymoon was definitely bad form.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

When Michael first saw Stacey, he approvingly called them "busty lips." Tonight's two new brides both have the same inflation. 

So I'm thinking "busty lips" are a normal beauty enhancement in Australia. 

Speaking of the new couples:

Big Red and Re-Tread: They look to me like the poor man's Prince Harry and Meghan. So...after her previous MAFS groom essentially called her fat ("I'd never dated anyone as big as Liz"), Lizzie decided to go for the "Olive Oyl as played by Shelley Duvall" look. Well, she must have lived right since then, because she seems to have got quite the sincere bloke in Sebastian ("Seb").

The Musician and the Dancer: KC is cute-beautiful and Drew is good-looking, but his living situation feeds directly into her one fear, that of being cheated on. And Drew's taking that little cutesie touch of the "Remember me" doll from the roomie on his honeymoon was definitely bad form.

You are so right about the lip inflation.  Although the new girls don't look quite as ridiculous as Stacey.  

And yes, Olive Oyl.   I can't get over her doing this a second time. I feel like this isn't so much about marriage but to show off her new anorexia.  She looked much better previously -- it's just a shame her other husband thought she was big.  

I can't wait to see the roommate.  I'm hoping she's super hot.  

I'm also not sure I understand the fear of the roommate.  If he was digging the roommate, he wouldn't be marrying someone else.  Although this show makes him famous, so maybe it isn't an irrational fear.  Nevertheless, the dancer is beautiful. On the fence about her new husband's hot ness.

• Love 5

Wow! I am just barely getting to the point of telling these people apart and now they throw in 2 more couples. Oh vey!

Lizzie previous MAFS "husband" makes Michael look like the ideal mate. What an asshole!! He gaslit her, fat shamed her, outright lied to her, ghosted her on the honeymoon and to top off the shit sundae cheated on her. That season must have been a mess!

I think Lizzie's make-under of getting rid of the platinum blond, less harsh cakey makeup and toned down fashion and accessories are great. The extreme weight loss is concerning and not particularly flattering.

Lizzie must be pretty tall herself since the height difference between her and 6'6" Seb didn't look that big.

KC is quite pretty. She reminds me of Kate Beckinsale. Loved her dress. Her grilling a 31 year old man about why he wasn't married was weird since she herself is a 31 year old unmarried woman. 

Drew just did too much hemming and hawing when asked about his roommate situation. I wonder who put the Rick doll in his suitcase. Him or the roomie. 

I expected to dislike Ivan, but he is fast becoming a fave. Loved the way he shut down Jonnie's question about intimacy.  That being said it is hard to gauge how his marriage is doing. Seems they get on and he is enamored with her but I have no idea if she is into him or if they are hot for each other's bod.

Jonnie saying he has been walking on pins and needles and unhappy all week while Connie stated that it has been the best week ever just shows that they need to throw this whole marriage away. 

Not at all surprised old man Steve isn't attracted to Mishel.  I don't think she is all that attracted to him either, given all her 'we are like an old married couple" statements but I get having your ego bruised on tv. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Wow! I am just barely getting to the point of telling these people apart and now they throw in 2 more couples. Oh vey!

Lizzie previous MAFS "husband" makes Michael look like the ideal mate. What an asshole!! He gaslit her, fat shamed her, outright lied to her, ghosted her on the honeymoon and to top off the shit sundae cheated on her. That season must have been a mess!

I think Lizzie's make-under of getting rid of the platinum blond, less harsh cakey makeup and toned down fashion and accessories are great. The extreme weight loss is concerning and not particularly flattering.

Lizzie must be pretty tall herself since the height difference between her and 6'6" Seb didn't look that big.

KC is quite pretty. She reminds me of Kate Beckinsale. Loved her dress. Her grilling a 31 year old man about why he wasn't married was weird since she herself is a 31 year old unmarried woman. 

Drew just did too much hemming and hawing when asked about his roommate situation. I wonder who put the Rick doll in his suitcase. Him or the roomie. 

I expected to dislike Ivan, but he is fast becoming a fave. Loved the way he shut down Jonnie's question about intimacy.  That being said it is hard to gauge how his marriage is doing. Seems they get on and he is enamored with her but I have no idea if she is into him or if they are hot for each other's bod.

Jonnie saying he has been walking on pins and needles and unhappy all week while Connie stated that it has been the best week ever just shows that they need to throw this whole marriage away. 

Not at all surprised old man Steve isn't attracted to Mishel.  I don't think she is all that attracted to him either, given all her 'we are like an old married couple" statements but I get having your ego bruised on tv. 

Yeah, I wish they had waited a week more to add more couples, maybe after a couple more left, because this is just too many. I wanted an update on all the couples we've been seeing, not just a few.

Lizzie looks much better without the blond hair and all that garish makeup, but she looked healthier back then.  Very skinny.

Yeah, the roommate thing is bad enough but the stupid little doll? Hopefully the roommate or the production crew snuck that into his suitcase, because otherwise that is just creepy.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I think it seems they try to repair them but it's because in the Aussie version, there are opportunities to get out a lot earlier.  And they stay bc camera time.  In the US, they only are out if they pull a Brandon otherwise you're waiting til the last episode to figure out if they are going to call it quits or not.  Meaning, the Aussies stay longer bc it means more camera time.

But if one person wants to leave (this is before the commitment ceremonies) the other person has to leave.  I think the US version should be like this version.  If you want to leave before the commitment ceremony your spouse leaves too.  Why should people have to stay until the end?  

If you want more camera time, the US version is for you.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But if one person wants to leave (this is before the commitment ceremonies) the other person has to leave.  I think the US version should be like this version.  If you want to leave before the commitment ceremony your spouse leaves too.  Why should people have to stay until the end?  

If you want more camera time, the US version is for you.  

I love the Aussie version.  I think it's much better!  

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, Meowwww said:

But if you BOTH got wasted on your honeymoon, then it's all good.  The problem was Stacey went to bed and Michael was the one who got wasted, without Stacey, then came back to the room and was abusive to her.  And it happened more than once.

Oh Mishel:

giphy.gif

Once a cheetah. 

BTW, I thought she wasn't into Steve...because...he was a cheater.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, bichonblitz said:

I don't buy it, either. I remember in the beginning of the honeymoons Michel and Steve had a big fight because they went skiing and Steve was pretty good at it, having a good time and Michel said she hated it and was a sulking bitch face because she was terrible, kept falling, was too cold, blah blah. So no, I don't think she's an adventurer at all unless sitting on the beach drinking margueritas is her idea of adventure. Something is not adding up there. 

I totally agree.  I think she's one of those people that want people to think she's so adventurous.  And she's just tacky AF.

Steve def. looks older than he is, but he's so stylish. I would think he could do better in the wild than Mishel.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2

I just watched again:

Steve and Mishel:  In the late 80's I went to hear John Bradshaw speak.  He said something I've never forgotten, that people who hear and see things aren't insane, that we all do it.  Steve said, "I'm not physically attracted to you YET" Mishel heard, "I don't like you and I'm not attracted to you."  But Mishel, that's not what he said.  A case of not being able to enjoy the moment because you're so busy trying to find the hidden meaning in what the other person said.

KC and Drew:  I would laugh hysterically if Drew's housemate turned out to be a 70 year old woman.  Did KC ask how old the housemate was?  She's drawing a lot of conclusions and has come to the relationship not only with baggage but with a few trunks as well.

Ivan and Alex(?):  I think they work because they are both from the same culture.  They also seem to have agreed not to talk about their sex life to others, even though, I believe they said did say, to the producer, that they have had sex?  Maybe I'm wrong but it seems they have agreed on how to proceed.  

Jonnie and Connie:  This shows why the saying "happy wife/happy life" makes zero sense.  If you try to please another person and not yourself, ever, it won't work.  The "experts" basically told Jonnie to be careful with Connie because she's sensitive, or something like that.  Jonnie was screwed from the get go.  He told Connie he couldn't go bowling, Connie sends him a thumbs up text, which means to most sane people that it's all good, and then when Jonnie gets home, Connie's pissed.  Girl needs to have a few boyfriends first before she even thinks about marriage.

Lizzie was right to get rid of the "Anna Nicole Smith" make up and hair.  She looks too thin to me though.  She was nowhere near big when she was on the show before.  

• Love 5

Felt bad for Discount Prince Harry aka Seb, who seems like the sweetest guy in the cast. I hate when people punish new partners for things their exes did. It is not Seb's job to recondition Lizzie to resist shutting down or hold her hand through her baggage - it's on her to make sure she's healed and emotionally available before signing up for this shitshow again, which she clearly isn't as evidenced by her whinging every 5 seconds that every activity "brings back bad memories." Seb seems like a lovely guy who won't mind waiting on her, but this matching was unfair. Seb did not sign up to relive last season and Lizzie is a wishy-washy mess who is in no way ready for a serious relationship.

KC seems very high maintenance and still in the LA mindset. Freaking out about female friends feels very controlling, although the doll was odd. Men and women can be friends and even roommates - the horror! - without wanting to bone. Women like her assume that men and women can't interact without being attracted. I also hope the roommate is super hot.

Connie/Johnnie were both unintentionally hilarious. "This past week, you suppressing your entire personality has really made me see a future with you!" "I see that you've never been happier or more hopeful, and that makes me miserable." It was difficult to see what either of them were talking about, given that we saw no footage. Everything is always me, me, me.

You could see Steve's lack of attraction a mile away, but I'm surprised Mishel was so broken up by it. Based on their interactions, I thought she'd be relieved and admit she wasn't into him either. Their kayak argument was so uncomfortable. Since Steve was in love with a much younger women, his preferences are probably always geared towards recreating that relationship. I'm guessing his ideal partner would be in her 30s, as Steve seems like the kind of guy who would really enjoy a May/December dynamic - although to be fair he seems to loathe Mishel's manic pixie dream girl, youthful energy. Someone younger would be easier for him to control.

• Love 5
(edited)

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I just watched again:

Steve and Mishel:  In the late 80's I went to hear John Bradshaw speak.  He said something I've never forgotten, that people who hear and see things aren't insane, that we all do it.  Steve said, "I'm not physically attracted to you YET" Mishel heard, "I don't like you and I'm not attracted to you."  But Mishel, that's not what he said.  A case of not being able to enjoy the moment because you're so busy trying to find the hidden meaning in what the other person said.

KC and Drew:  I would laugh hysterically if Drew's housemate turned out to be a 70 year old woman.  Did KC ask how old the housemate was?  She's drawing a lot of conclusions and has come to the relationship not only with baggage but with a few trunks as well.

Ivan and Alex(?):  I think they work because they are both from the same culture.  They also seem to have agreed not to talk about their sex life to others, even though, I believe they said did say, to the producer, that they have had sex?  Maybe I'm wrong but it seems they have agreed on how to proceed.  

Jonnie and Connie:  This shows why the saying "happy wife/happy life" makes zero sense.  If you try to please another person and not yourself, ever, it won't work.  The "experts" basically told Jonnie to be careful with Connie because she's sensitive, or something like that.  Jonnie was screwed from the get go.  He told Connie he couldn't go bowling, Connie sends him a thumbs up text, which means to most sane people that it's all good, and then when Jonnie gets home, Connie's pissed.  Girl needs to have a few boyfriends first before she even thinks about marriage.

Lizzie was right to get rid of the "Anna Nicole Smith" make up and hair.  She looks too thin to me though.  She was nowhere near big when she was on the show before.  

I think Steve was attracted to Mishel before initially.  I think he lost his attraction because she's crass and a brat.  

I'm hoping that Drew's roommate is his mother.  I also don't understand why she was trying to figure out why Drew isn't married.  You aren't married, dipshit.  And you're a beautiful woman.  Maybe he's wondering what the fuck is wrong with you?

Lizzie looks better w/o the heavy make-up and the blonde hair, but she also has plastic surgery face to me.  The stupid lips.

23761288-7919527-image-a-1_1579762594513

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 6

This is the first season I have watched of the Australia version and don't come at me with a bunch of tomatoes but gee, this is one of the least telegenic groups of people I have seen. Very, very unattractive people. Not that the US version is full of beauties, either, but the men especially are not attractive in the least, to me. And the tattoos! I think that is what turns me off the most. They are everywhere. I admit my bias against them. I hate them. It pains me that my two kids have a few.

I'm not sure what Steve gained by telling Mishel he wasn't attracted to her as of YET, unless he feels that with time the attraction will grow and perhaps he wanted to clear the air b/c the experts wanted him to try to become more intimate with Mishel from last week's commitment ceremony.  They are still sleeping in separate beds and separate bedrooms.  I think Mishel is certainly attractive enough at least for Steve.  He really is an odd duck, that one. He's got phobias and issues.  Did we ever find out why he is unable to see his son in London? Are they estranged? He got so emotional that time opening up about it to Mishel.  He seems to appreciate her getting him out of his comfort zone and I think he does truly like her, but I am afraid if the attraction has not grown by now, it never will.

Drew having a female roommate was not strange but the way he was acting about her was a bit odd. I also found it odd that when KC asked if he would put his wife before his female roommate, he couldn't really answer or at least he hesitated. Of course I don't believe that should be the case from the get go, as they are essentially strangers, but if they make a go of it, then most definitely his wife should be top priority over the roommate. I think that's all that KC wanted to know...that he'd put her first. He seemed unable to say that.  And I don't think it's odd that he has female friends but why does Drew have so many?  Has he no male friends? I did find that a bit odd.

Lizzie looks so much better as a brunette and without all that garish makeup.  I did notice she was super thin but wasn't paying too much attention in the into so I hadn't noticed she had lost a bit of weight.  Did her former 'spouse' really call her fat? Who was he cheating with?  I can understand why she feels the need to be guarded, but if she's that much of a mountain of insecurities and lacking trust, she hasn't healed yet, and shouldn't be on the show.  Seb seems like a sweetheart. He's going to need a lot of patience. Also, I agree with whomever said she must be tall.  He's 6'6" and when standing next to him, there didn't seem to be a huge height disparity.

• Love 6

I'm going to bell the cat: Steve isn't attracted because he thinks Mishel is fat, and that is why the "yet"---she can lose weight! If she had said one more time "try" about kayaking, my TV was going to be a hurtin' dude, I tells ya! 

KC is feeling there's something untoward about The Roommate because: the doll (WTH?); Drew's hesitancy in discussing her; KC's past experiences; and real-life isn't a "Three's Company" sitcom. What I can believe is that Drew rooms with his good friend, but that friend rooms with her unrequited love. 😉

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm going to bell the cat: Steve isn't attracted because he thinks Mishel is fat, and that is why the "yet"---she can lose weight! If she had said one more time "try" about kayaking, my TV was going to be a hurtin' dude, I tells ya! 

KC is feeling there's something untoward about The Roommate because: the doll (WTH?); Drew's hesitancy in discussing her; KC's past experiences; and real-life isn't a "Three's Company" sitcom. What I can believe is that Drew rooms with his good friend, but that friend rooms with her unrequited love. 😉

I got the impression he was very attracted to her at the wedding but lost it when he saw her oddly competitive nature and he isn't a fan of her bad language.  I think he was also turned off by her comments about sex -- being the married couple not having it and then suggesting they just fuck w/o kissing.  I think he views her as vulgar.  Not saying he's right, I just think that's how he views her.  I think his "yet" comment is basically him putting her off on any thought of romance.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I got the impression he was very attracted to her at the wedding but lost it when he saw her oddly competitive nature and he isn't a fan of her bad language.  I think he was also turned off by her comments about sex -- being the married couple not having it and then suggesting they just fuck w/o kissing.  I think he views her as vulgar.  Not saying he's right, I just think that's how he views her.  I think his "yet" comment is basically him putting her off on any thought of romance.

Possibly. But I really think he would have been happier being put together with Mishel's daughter. I don't think he actually wants a woman his age. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Possibly. But I really think he would have been happier being put together with Mishel's daughter. I don't think he actually wants a woman his age. 

I don't mean to slander Steve because he's been nothing but sweet to Mishel's daughter, but my joke going into the reception was that he'd be more into her daughter than her. Again, the much younger fiancee who broke his heart has always stuck in the back of my mind. Unless they receive a lot of judgement from friends and family, once someone (particularly a man) dates someone much younger it's hard to go back to dating age appropriate people because it's an ego rush. Steve also seems like someone who would get off on the power disparity.

• Love 4

Awww poor Seb. he just wants a sweet, pretty woman that genuinely loves him and to live happily ever after with and he will treat her like a queen in return. Instead he gets the mess that is Lizzie. He's going to have his hands full with her and not in a good way. She's a mess. I did not see her season, only the flashbacks. She is skin and bones now which is alarming. Nothing wrong with wanting to lose a little bit of weight but looks like she took it to extremes. Is everything in her life done to extreme? Including going too far with the blow up lips? 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

And the tattoos! I think that is what turns me off the most. They are everywhere. I admit my bias against them. I hate them.

I think the like/dislike of tattoos has a bit to do with age.  My friends in their 50's, 60's and older, hate tattoos.  When I was growing up, tattoos weren't normalized, you only saw them on sailors or people who'd been in prison.  I have older friends who have never had their ears pierced because that was thought of to be "dirty."

• Love 3

Mishell's daughter is flat out gorgeous! 

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think the like/dislike of tattoos has a bit to do with age.  My friends in their 50's, 60's and older, hate tattoos.  When I was growing up, tattoos weren't normalized, you only saw them on sailors or people who'd been in prison.  I have older friends who have never had their ears pierced because that was thought of to be "dirty."

That's me!  I don't have one.  But I recently found out my 18 year old rebelled and got one in a place she can cover.  But it still really irked me. Manly b/c she knows I didn't want those and told her if she wants them, she can get it when she lives independently from me.

That said, there's so few non-tattooed kids her age it's unreal.  Even the cleanest cut boyfriend she had had one.  

There seem to be more people with than without.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Seb strikes me as having dead hookers in his basement.  Something not right about him to me.

Interesting. 

The problem with so many of these people is that on one hand, they say they want love; but when they meet someone, instead of enjoying the moment, the spend all their time looking for red flags and trouble.  No person is perfect, and if you look for problems, you will find them.

• Love 3
(edited)

I read that the MAFs in Australian couples aren't legally wed.  That makes the stakes a lot less on this show than the US version.  And makes it more sense why Lizzie did it a second time.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
On 7/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, Boo Boo said:

I read that the MAFs in Australian couples aren't legally wed.  That makes the stakes a lot less on this show than the US version.  And makes it more sense why Lizzie did it a second time.  

I think they have a month wait time before the wedding.

• Useful 1
(edited)

And Michel is vulgar.  She is also insane.  Who was Steve telling he wasn’t attracted to her?  The invisible man?

Did he tell it to the camera?  When?  Dumb tacky idiot.

Mishel doesn’t need marriage, she needs a psychiatrist.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I hate Michael and Stacey is not much better.  When they were laughing tonight at KC and her husband (name?) during the commitment ceremony I was pissed.  Stacey's insecurity is palpable when it comes to KC.  One, because she knows KC is prettier than she is and two, because she knows she can't trust her husband and KC is a threat.

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And Michel is vulgar.  She is also insane.  Who was Steve telling he wasn’t attracted to her?  The invisible man?

Did he tell it to the camera?  When?  Dumb tacky idiot.

Mishel doesn’t need marriage, she needs a psychiatrist.

Yeah, I honestly don't remember him saying that in a TH.  I think they would've aired it if he had.  I think they're both difficult people.  

• Love 7

You lied to me. Didn't he lie to me? I know you lied to me. You lied. Am I the only one who thinks he lied? I don't care that you're not attracted to me, I care that you lied! 

STFU Mishel !!  I can't stand the sound of her voice. 

• Love 7

It's like when someone says "it" isn't about the money---it's about the money. So no, Mishel; it isn't about any "betrayal"; it's about the "I'm not attracted to you." I don't think she's going to like any more realness from Steverino on that topic. But neither would he, from me! 

Oh, for sure Stacey is feeling threatened by KC! So she went all in with the "in love " declaration.  She's decided that full public support of Michael is the way to his fidelity. Plus spilling out of her dress, heh. 

KC? Dump Drew. Plushies and a female roommate? Yeah, no.

For all her notoriety, Lizzie was---how shall I put this?---normal at the dinner and commitment. I think Seb is good influence!

Jonny, we hardly knew ye! Or so you say. I don't get him.

Ivan is a typical Nosey Parker, wanting to know but not to reveal. Oh, well. At least he and Aleks seem to be on the same page in the marriage book. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Ivan is a typical Nosey Parker, wanting to know but not to reveal. Oh, well. At least he and Aleks seem to be on the same page in the marriage book. 

I think they should have thrown Ivan and Aleks off the show.

• Love 2

Stacey and Michael are full of it. Last week she said leave and this week she is madly in love. FOH!!! And they were pure AH to KC and Drew. They are new into this thing and are trying to have their first serious conversation with the experts and these trash boxes are laughing.

i don’t know where Mishel got the impression Steve was telling the cameras he was not attracted to her. Maybe a camera person?? But if that is true, I can see it as a betrayal. Don’t talk to someone else about your wife; talk to your wife. Period. Do I think Steve is that type of guy? No. But that is not my call. That is between them.

the rear of them....sigh

• Love 2

I feel like Lizzie has an odd shape -- noticed this in her pants.  Even when she was heavier, she was thin on top.

9401450-6668109-image-a-34_1549339891240

As anorexic looking as she is, the pants on her looked weird.  Her top half has never matched her bottom half.

• Love 1
On 7/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, ECM1231 said:

This is the first season I have watched of the Australia version and don't come at me with a bunch of tomatoes but gee, this is one of the least telegenic groups of people I have seen. Very, very unattractive people. Not that the US version is full of beauties, either, but the men especially are not attractive in the least, to me. And the tattoos! I think that is what turns me off the most. They are everywhere. I admit my bias against them. I hate them. It pains me that my two kids have a few.

I'm not sure what Steve gained by telling Mishel he wasn't attracted to her as of YET, unless he feels that with time the attraction will grow and perhaps he wanted to clear the air b/c the experts wanted him to try to become more intimate with Mishel from last week's commitment ceremony.  They are still sleeping in separate beds and separate bedrooms.  I think Mishel is certainly attractive enough at least for Steve.  He really is an odd duck, that one. He's got phobias and issues.  Did we ever find out why he is unable to see his son in London? Are they estranged? He got so emotional that time opening up about it to Mishel.  He seems to appreciate her getting him out of his comfort zone and I think he does truly like her, but I am afraid if the attraction has not grown by now, it never will.

Drew having a female roommate was not strange but the way he was acting about her was a bit odd. I also found it odd that when KC asked if he would put his wife before his female roommate, he couldn't really answer or at least he hesitated. Of course I don't believe that should be the case from the get go, as they are essentially strangers, but if they make a go of it, then most definitely his wife should be top priority over the roommate. I think that's all that KC wanted to know...that he'd put her first. He seemed unable to say that.  And I don't think it's odd that he has female friends but why does Drew have so many?  Has he no male friends? I did find that a bit odd.

Lizzie looks so much better as a brunette and without all that garish makeup.  I did notice she was super thin but wasn't paying too much attention in the into so I hadn't noticed she had lost a bit of weight.  Did her former 'spouse' really call her fat? Who was he cheating with?  I can understand why she feels the need to be guarded, but if she's that much of a mountain of insecurities and lacking trust, she hasn't healed yet, and shouldn't be on the show.  Seb seems like a sweetheart. He's going to need a lot of patience. Also, I agree with whomever said she must be tall.  He's 6'6" and when standing next to him, there didn't seem to be a huge height disparity.

Mishel:  There's nothing to gain by telling someone you aren't attracted to them...but, Mishel also was suggesting they fuck, so if you're rooming someone who said they want to fuck, maybe you drop that line to let them know you aren't interest.  

Drew:  I think the roommate question was odd.  If they truly marry, there's no roommate unless he's so broke they can't live without a 3rd.  Secondly, if he wanted to get it on with the roommate and he's already playing house with her, he's not going on this show unless he's a total famewhore (and if she's on it, she is one too).  If I had a total stranger ask me if I'd put them before my friend/roommate, I'd probably be hesitant too.  She's got some major insecurities and I'd be thinking:  bitch, I don't know you yet but you're already striking me as insecure.

Seb:  I think he's weird. And creepy.  Lizzie is also odd. I don't buy that she's never been in love.  I think she's one of those people that think "complicated" = interesting.  

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Lots of people's top half doesn't math their bottoms, I'm one of those people; it's more common than you think.  

Oh I know.  But her half is way different than the bottom half. She's got a very long torso that even when she was heavier, the bottom half is way big.  I feel like she got that skinny to shrink her legs.

• Love 2