Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Alyssa is clearly not intelligent. I say this because she is incapable of understanding English-language words as they are intended and in their commonly-accepted meanings. That is, she doesn't  know enough even to twist Duncan's  words. 

No matter what Duncan says, and he could be reading the proverbial phone book,  Alyssa hears only, and I do mean only, "You don't understand. Try to put yourself in my place. I have a child. I am a mother. Rinse, lather, repeat ad infinitum." 

TL; DR: Alyssa is bizarrely stupid. 

Cameron seems from the 19th C. when ranchers wanted a wife to take care of the house chores and have some hot vittles at the ready. His obdurate "I am who I am" is what should have precluded his being part of this show. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Let's play a game, called guess who.

I have a child. You do not understand because you do not have a child. My child, mine, I have it. You do not so will never understand. The child is mine. I have one. A child, mine. It is my child.

• Wink 1

Episode 33, up now, was very interesting. Alyssa and Duncan plus Melinda and Layton make their final decisions. 

Some wedding day flashbacks/filler. Last-chance meetings with a relative (Duncan's sister looks just like him!). Alyssa mentions her father in a way I don't recall hearing before. 

Man, I forgot how loaded Layton must be, with his sweeeet car! 🚘

And on an even more superficial note: I'd  like to know what lipstick Alyssa is wearing! 💋

Episode 34 (can you believe it?!):

The "Final Vows" of the remaining 3 couples--- Evelyn and Rupert; Tahnee and Ollie; Lyndall and Cameron. Included are the Usual Suspects of long-distance, compatibility, effort, and, of course, love. 

We are also reminded vividly of Lyndall's life-long battle with Cystic Fibrosis, which I admit having forgotten. 

Episode 35 in previews looks to be a drama-filled Final Dinner Party, with Stupid Alyssa in tears yet again. Nobody cares, Dear. 

• LOL 1

So glad that Duncan and Lyndall came to their respective senses, what a relief for them both, talk about dodging a proverbial bullet! Alyssa & Cam both deserved the blindsides they got, haha!

All the rest worked out as expected.

Final reunion dinner party previews look chaotic; Harrison being his usual douchebag self - check, Alyssa (I have a chiiiild!) playing the victim and being a nasty piece of work to Duncan - check, Cam being a prick - check, Dan being a self-centred prat - check. As it happens over two nights, I'm going to wait until Monday and watch them both back to back.

• Like 1

Duncan was AWESOME! I had my doubts, but he did indeed come to his senses and stayed steadfast! Alyssa had harped so much on how Duncan just didn't understand, but he understood, all right! He understood he'd  be buying a ticket for a World-Class Emotional Roller Coaster, and he decided he just didn't meet the height requirement! 😅 🎢 🤣 

And wasn't Lindall just Little Miss Steel Spine giving Cameron the boot?! "Nope, don't need to hear your words. Put 'em away." Now he can kiss his fish in peace. 😗 🐟 🤪

Evelyn kind of surprised me, because she had been so patient and pleasant with the idiot Rupert, who actually seems to think he deserved "better" than Evelyn! Ah, well, at least they were compatible at the end, haha! 💔👍

Come on, Ollie, move for Tahnee! You didn't find love in your Perth! 💳 + ✈ = 💘 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Fire 1
On 3/27/2023 at 5:53 PM, SilverStormm said:

So glad that Duncan and Lyndall came to their respective senses, what a relief for them both, talk about dodging a proverbial bullet! Alyssa & Cam both deserved the blindsides they got, haha!

All the rest worked out as expected.

Final reunion dinner party previews look chaotic; Harrison being his usual douchebag self - check, Alyssa (I have a chiiiild!) playing the victim and being a nasty piece of work to Duncan - check, Cam being a prick - check, Dan being a self-centred prat - check. As it happens over two nights, I'm going to wait until Monday and watch them both back to back.

Your comment re: Cam is truer than you know! 😵 😳

MAFS "BTS" stories up to this point (e.g., Cam's unspoken Final Vows revealed):

au.lifestyle.yahoo.com

Not sure why the link isn't working here, but copy and paste might succeed!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tayllor said:

Try this 

https://southhemitv.com/2023/04/02/episode-10-45/

I know it says episode 45 but it's not, it's 35.

Thank you! It does say "35" at your link, though!

Loved how people just laughed right in Harrison's face! 

And how the Invisible Thought Bubble 💭 above Duncan said, "Dodged a bullet from the Crazy Gun, Baby!" 

Of course, now I want #36! 🦘 😄

Aaaaand...it's  up! "The Final Reunion."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1

Thanks to LennieBriscoe for the viewing link! Such an interesting season.

Love the beautiful wedding locations and that the wedding dresses appear to be much nicer than the trashy ones we’ve been seeing on the US version the last few seasons. Although I’m curious about the rest of the season’s attire. Do they contractually ask the women to show as much skin as possible? 

I ended up adoring Jessie. As much as I was hoping to see he and Claire stay together, he was right not to. Not because of the kiss, but for her vicious bullying of him to cover up her lie. 

The truth came out about Cam, who has turned me off from the very beginning. 

Toxic Harrison was a sociopath. He consistently accused others of doing bad things that he was actually doing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"MAFS: NZ," Season 3, is worth watching.

Season 2, definitely NOT. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, round and round, same relationship issues each discussion. Plus, the brides refuse to tell the truth: They do not care for the physical appearance of their respective husbands. Old, overly tattooed, bland, whatever. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1

The only person I found interesting from MAFS AU Season 10 was Jesse so I googled him and found out he is apparently dating Janelle, they bonded over their partners' cheating. I found it pretty weird because Janelle seemed like this strong minded, opinionated woman who only wanted men with money and Jesse seems everything but that. I guess what they ask from a partner to do the show and what they really want are two different things.

Also, the only successful couple from the season, Ollie and Tahnie, broke up.

Dan was the one who disappointed me the most because he has a 16 years old daughter. I hope nobody behaves like he treated poor Sandy towards his own daughter.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2023 at 3:04 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

"MAFS: NZ" SEASONS 2 & 3 are available, southhemitv!

So we see Auckland, not Sydney! 😁

I adored MAFS Aussie season 10 so much. I watched it on lifetime. How are you viewing these others? Do you have a VPN network?

1 minute ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I adored MAFS Aussie season 10 so much. I watched it on lifetime. How are you viewing these others? Do you have a VPN network?

Probably here, https://southhemitv.com/ 

I watch the NZ highway patrol show, it's quite interesting hearing the different laws they have.

On 1/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

They're baaaack!

Season 10, Episode 1, is now available  on southhemitv! On my Smart TV, I go to the Internet and then Google that term. 

Starting with 10 couples! 

Thanks so much for this, LennieBriscoe! I had no idea there's a way to watch MAFS AU in the U.S.

I was able to open SouthHemiTV and watch MAFS AU on my Samsung tablet no problem. 

Happy, happy, joy, joy! 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I watched this all day yesterday (literally ALL day...a sloth would have been embarrassed by me) and I have SO many thoughts but suffice to say, I agree that Collins is horrible; Lucinda's voice drives me nuts, but I think she's a caring human who was robbed of a good experience the moment they chose her "husband"; Tristan makes me so sad and he needs actual experts to help him with this mental health, not these pseudo TV experts; Jack may be one of the most repulsive people I've seen on this show, ever...and that incudes Harrison from last year.

• Like 2
(edited)

I  HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING REALITY SHOW (4 SEASONS TO DATE):

So my being impatient in waiting for more Season 11 episodes (#25 & #26 up!), I've meanwhile been watching the AUS Reality series "Space Invaders"---similar to our "Hoarders," but with normal things; NO spoiled food, roaches, garbage, etc. Just overwhelming "stuff"---dolls, shoes, clothing, store inventory, books, plastic containers---one woman had 113 water bottles!---all piled or tossed or stacked absolutely everywhere! 

A team of 3---to guide through the deleting; to assess for "treasures"; and to remodel and renovate---helps the homeowner achieve at least organization and at best a new lease on life. 

Since I literally am in the exact same process of de-cluttering, working between these episodes, with haulers coming on 3/22, I have found this show to be inspiring, motivating, enlightening*, and entertaining! 

* Many homeowners spiraled out of control with purchases after the death of a loved one, acquiring both unnecessary objects and body weight. This is me. 😔

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really dislike Richie's Andrea/Andy! She harbors grudges; thinks she is articulate when she's nonsensical; believes only she has feelings and the right to speak; accuses Richie of not understanding or listening while evidencing that exact behavior (aka, projection). 

She refuses to see---or is too dumb to grasp---that yes, Richie was initially crude in his description of their sex life, but he was an ADULT AMONG ADULTS in what was to him a wondrous, amazing, invigorating new relationship, and as the Old Guy there, couldn't stop himself from boasting! Andrea got upset and angry because  he destroyed (in her eyes) her prim, proper, and ladylike veneer. 

~~~~~

Timothy should never have come on this show. What were the odds of his meeting someone as absolutely perfect for him as Lucinda? He hit the Lottery, and he'd better take that prize and run with it!

~~~~~

Tori is an idiot, and Jack is a player. He tried mightily to seduce Ridge's wife when she quizzed him.  

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Lucinda (Timothy) and Richard (Andrea) should get together. 

"Richie" has the energy (sexual and otherwise), emotional maturity, and self-knowledge to be compatible with Lucinda, whose similar traits stupid stubborn Timothy refused to value. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tori (Jack) is still a blind fool. And Jack's female clients/"mates" are jealous and want Jack for themselves, so they aren't  going to say anything positive  about Tori. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 2
On 3/21/2024 at 8:45 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Lucinda (Timothy) and Richard (Andrea) should get together. 

"Richie" has the energy (sexual and otherwise), emotional maturity, and self-knowledge to be compatible with Lucinda, whose similar traits stupid stubborn Timothy refused to value. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tori (Jack) is still a blind fool. And Jack's female clients/"mates" are jealous and want Jack for themselves, so they aren't  going to say anything positive  about Tori. 

With regard to Timothy, I am confused as to why someone like him would put himself on a reality "dating" show, if he was not ready to commit and do the work.  I love Lucinda and agree she would have half a chance with Richard.

Jack's "friend" was a true mean girl.  Birds of a feather, eh???

• Like 1
(edited)

Well! I had the right couple, wrong switcheroo!

Word on the Aussie street is that Andrea (Richie) and Timothy ("Yeah") (Lucinda) are dating, being seen in coffeeshops, e.g.!

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a60395604/married-at-first-sight-australia-andrea-and-timothy-dating/

Same Street: Jayden (with the better-looking brother from a previous MAFS!) ditched Eden to go bar-hopping with  Lauren!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Mind Blown 2