Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Those men are logical? No, Ines was logical in thinking he had sex with the ex. 

Those experts couldn’t expert themselves out of a paper bag. It didn’t occur to them that he had a schtup or ten two with his ex? Epic fail.

• Love 3

Matthew blinks an awful lot. 

Why doesn't he turn the intrusive questions back on the interrogators? Does Matt know he's a grown-up?

Jessika was being weird with both bald Mike and her Mick.

Still haven't seen or heard from Ning and Mark, other than one brief observation.

And zero time for ginger Jules and Cam. 

Oh, I think we can see which husband Ines might have eyes for. *coughSamcough*

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

So Sam doesn't have a voicemail and he can PROVE it?

WTF was that voice over BS??

Sam can get off my TV any time now. Lying and terminally disrespecting your wife puts you high on the shit list. He deserve Ines.

Not that I blame him for being turned off by Elizabeth, between the eye makeup, the nails and the affected speech. All you wanted was an apology? Yikes.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

Ines reminds me so much of the women who come from Eastern Europe on 90 Day Fiancé....  Very much into beauty, entitled-acting, and unpleasant when they don't get what they want.  Anfisa, Lara, Natalie

So you think Ines is beautiful? i know the unlucky guy she got matched with said she was gorgeous, but I think she's pretty plain and, with her ugly personality, not at all appealing.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, cinsays said:

So you think Ines is beautiful? i know the unlucky guy she got matched with said she was gorgeous, but I think she's pretty plain and, with her ugly personality, not at all appealing.

She's a bland version of Katy Perry to me. Not ugly but far from the stunner she thinks she is.

• Love 6

Good lord, Ines couldn’t get past the fact that Bronson was a “strippah” but she suggests turning the reunión into a sex, wife swapping party? Okay, bitch. 
Matthew looked so happy.  It’s amazing what a little sex will do for you. I think they are sweet. 
Jules and Cam make me smile. They both seem like really good hearted people. 
Mike will never give up his playboy ways and I’m still smarting at how dismissive he was of heidi. 
Jessika looks like Caroline Stanbury of from Ladies of London if anyone remembers that. 

• Love 9

Jessika freaking out on her husband because he wasn't fighting for her in her battle with Mike. 😮😳

Poor guy, he was dumbfounded.  Had no clue as to what was said, or what he was supposed to do in her eyes.  I have a feeling though, that if he had stepped in, she would've railed on him because, "I'm a strong independent woman!!  I don't need a man sticking up for me!!!"  Mike going on and on afterward about how men are so logical and women aren't--🤮

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/19/2021 at 12:37 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

This is only my second season of watching the Australian version.  Dumb question:  Is this the season that was filmed before last season, which explains why Lizzie is a blonde???  I know this should be obvious to me but I'm currently on several medications... 😵   Thanks in advance! 😎

My second also.  Very confused still.  Did we see all these couples get married?  Lizzie was on last year as a brunette .. now a blonde?  So, she got divorced?  I find them very weird.  Very outspoken .. too much, too much makeup on mostly all the girls, provocative dresses, nails so long and sharp that could kill someone, too loud, too forward, too everything.  The guys are more handsome tho.  What happened to the skinny blonde gold digger with the 2boys from lady year.  Everything messed up and hard to follow.  What happened last week?  Was there a new episode that wasn’t shown in all states?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

My second also.  Very confused still.  Did we see all these couples get married?  Lizzie was on last year as a brunette .. now a blonde?  So, she got divorced?  I find them very weird.  Very outspoken .. too much, too much makeup on mostly all the girls, provocative dresses, nails so long and sharp that could kill someone, too loud, too forward, too everything.  The guys are more handsome tho.  What happened to the skinny blonde gold digger with the 2boys from lady year.  Everything messed up and hard to follow.  What happened last week?  Was there a new episode that wasn’t shown in all states?

We've said before, the seasons are airing in reverse. The season that aired last year was the season after this one. This season triggered her dramatic weight loss.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, jennyf said:

Was anyone else expecting to see Asuelu when Martha and Michael arrived in Samoa?

One of those guys legitimately looked just like him in the face. I started looking at my screen harder for a second.

• Love 1

Want to be even more confused? 

"Australia: Season 6: Episode 9" airs at the expected date and time of:

Thursday, March 4, 9:00 p.m.--11:03 p.m.

~~~~~~~

BUT!

"Australia: Season 6: Episode 10" airs at:

Friday, March 5, 2:04 a.m.--3:04 a.m. 

This episode will probably be repeated and expanded to 2 hours on Thursday, March 11!

~~~~~~

And somewhere  in all that is a time change of EST!

• Love 1

I have to say, as a fellow 29-year-old virgin (not by choice, lol) with severe anxiety, I felt for Matthew. At least the show didn't constantly mock him for it - actually, everyone has been remarkably supportive, even blowhards like Mike. Still, I feel like him having anxiety attacks over the idea of even kissing her suggests he needs real therapy and I'm actually shocked he had sex so early in the relationship. Hopefully his anxiety will subside now. And I think it's cute that he calls Lauren Loz. I think he's genuinely flabbergasted someone is being kind to him, which is sad.

Jessika is a lot of work. No one even knew what her meltdown was about and then she turned it into some dramatic monologue about partnership as though she's been with Mick 6 months+. Mick looks and acts 20 years older. Not sure why they thought a mellow farmer and an Instagram model would be compatible.

Given the intense focus on Ines' interpretation of the Sam drama and the fact that she was drooling over him in all her TH, looks like my assumption that she's the one who hooks up with him is correct! Also, how weird and ironic that she's disgusted by Bronson's stripping, but immediately starts musing that she'd have "as much sex as possible" with Sam even though she knows he's a player? Talk about hypocrisy - apparently her moral pearl-clutching flies out the window when she's actually attracted to someone

• Love 7
6 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I have to say, as a fellow 29-year-old virgin (not by choice, lol) with severe anxiety, I felt for Matthew. At least the show didn't constantly mock him for it - actually, everyone has been remarkably supportive, even blowhards like Mike. Still, I feel like him having anxiety attacks over the idea of even kissing her suggests he needs real therapy and I'm actually shocked he had sex so early in the relationship. Hopefully his anxiety will subside now. And I think it's cute that he calls Lauren Loz. I think he's genuinely flabbergasted someone is being kind to him, which is sad.

Jessika is a lot of work. No one even knew what her meltdown was about and then she turned it into some dramatic monologue about partnership as though she's been with Mick 6 months+. Mick looks and acts 20 years older. Not sure why they thought a mellow farmer and an Instagram model would be compatible.

Given the intense focus on Ines' interpretation of the Sam drama and the fact that she was drooling over him in all her TH, looks like my assumption that she's the one who hooks up with him is correct! Also, how weird and ironic that she's disgusted by Bronson's stripping, but immediately starts musing that she'd have "as much sex as possible" with Sam even though she knows he's a player? Talk about hypocrisy - apparently her moral pearl-clutching flies out the window when she's actually attracted to someone

I realize my questions can be PITAs, but again I missed stuff even while watching! So I must ask: Ines during this episode was shown separately in one or more THe speaking lustfully about Sam? 

Also, I think "she's the one who hooks up with him" reads suspiciously as a SPOILER 😕 that Sam has a fling with one of the wives outside his marriage. Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I realize my questions can be PITAs, but again I missed stuff even while watching! So I must ask: Ines during this episode was shown separately in one or more THe speaking lustfully about Sam? 

Also, I think "she's the one who hooks up with him" reads suspiciously as a SPOILER 😕 that Sam has a fling with one of the wives outside his marriage. Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly?

Ines repeatedly called Sam hot, basically said it's inevitable that someone that attractive would be a womanizer, and scoffed that Lizzie was wasting her time trying to shame Sam into monogamy when she should be banging him as much as possible before he leaves her. Ines specifically clarified that that's what she would do if she were Lizzie. So, all roads point to Ines being incredibly horny for Sam.

Re: Ines possibly (definitely) hooking up with Sam, I remember that during Lizzie's flashback montage last year (so footage from S6), we saw Sam making out with a dark-haired woman at what presumably was a dinner party. I didn't think it was a spoiler because we were shown it last season (my apologies!), but in any case, between Sam's general douchery and dealbereaking brunette fetish and Ines' instant obsession with him, it's a reasonable outcome to speculate.

Is it me, or are these people as a group just kind of awful?  All these women with twenty pounds of make up (Lizzie alone accounts for half of it) and ridiculous Botox lips. I can’t even look at Jessica - she is a pretty girl but what she has done to her lips should be a crime. It’s horrid looking.

And then the drama! Jessica and Lizzie were too much. And Ines is terrible. I guess we should be glad Ning did not revert to verbal diarrhea again on top of the rest.

The bald guy is good looking but what a dick. Calling all the women “sweetheart” like it’s 1955 or something and basically bullying poor Mathew into honeymoon details that are none of his business! Stfu dude. I bet he did say something about Jessica.

I’m disappointed that we didn’t hear from Dino and Mel. This show could have used some weirdness.

And although they didn’t show it, it seems that like the American version, the girls and guys interact with each other prior to the weddings because they all knew each other going off the way they all greeted one another when they walked into the dinner. I wonder why they don’t show that? Maybe because it takes so many episodes just to get through the weddings because of the amount of couples?

• Love 1

Ines makes me stabby!!! The tongue thing she does grosses me out. And her laugh is terrible. I don’t like anything about her.

I like Matthew and Lauren. 

Martha and Husband (name?) look good together.

poor Lizzie. Sam is an ass.

Ning is unattractive. That was my initial impression and then how she behaved was even more unattractive.

I don’t remember anyone else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 2/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, cinsays said:

I actually said that she was into beauty,  not that I thought she was beautiful.  I agree with you that she is not beautiful in any way.

Edited by azprimadonna
  • Love 4

I just got into MAFS Australia for the first time.

I have watched all the MAFS USA versions.

My question is that if I wonder if Australians think Americans on our MAFS look as weird as I think they do?!

WTHeck is it with the huge inflated lips, and way overdone makeup?

And the fingernails! 😱

yuck!

Just me?😁

• Love 9
(edited)
On 3/2/2021 at 12:33 AM, ChiCricket said:

I just got into MAFS Australia for the first time.

I have watched all the MAFS USA versions.

My question is that if I wonder if Australians think Americans on our MAFS look as weird as I think they do?!

WTHeck is it with the huge inflated lips, and way overdone makeup?

And the fingernails! 😱

yuck!

Just me?😁

Last season Moneyed Michael mentioned his bride's puffed-up lips as an attraction. And other brides shared the look.

It's  a popular "enhancement" in Australia.  

https://www.onyamagazine.com/australian-affairs/lip-augmentation-now-the-fastest-growing-form-of-cosmetic-enhancement/

Now we are getting the commercials, pushing the look in the US. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Ines is the most vile person I’ve seen on one of these shows yet (and that’s including Chris on the current American season of MAFS). And that’s before whatever (or whoever) she does next.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, rlc said:

Ines is the most vile person I’ve seen on one of these shows yet (and that’s including Chris on the current American season of MAFS). And that’s before whatever (or whoever) she does next.

Oh my goodness you are right! They suck bad! And she is hitting up Sam on the gram? Disgusting!

• Love 2
On 2/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, Silver Bells said:

"The skinny blonde gold digger with the 2 boys" and Moneyed Michael broke up. Shocking, I know!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lizzie and Bronson are dopes. Should have written "Leave."

Love Jules/Cam and Heidi/Mike. 

Previews:

Apparently we're entering the Drama Queens phase: Ines and Sam; Lizzie finding out; Cyrelle being "snappy"; and Lauren being a "former" lesbian. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I feel like I can't even comment on Ines because she's a parody of herself. She's every high school mean girl and millennial caricature rolled into one. I don't want to acknowledge her by criticizing her behavior because I don't want to validate a) her decision to be Like That and b) the show's obvious glee at exploiting Lizzie's obliviousness and documenting the infidelity in real time. She brought Ines apology chocolate, ffs! With that said, I'll admit that watching Ines coo about how "being with Sam would make her softer and happier" while scrolling through thirst traps of his bulge made me laugh. Who posts disembodied crotch shots on their public IG feed? 

I was taken aback by Lauren's sudden impatience this week. I understand constantly feeling like you have to mother or handhold your partner would be a turnoff, but she knows he has no relationship experience and is clearly an awkward dude, so she should tell him what she wants instead of pouting at his infantile questions. I think she's discovering there's a difference between lovable nerds and total arrested development. The "former lesbian" thing isn't that uncommon - people re-identify themselves all the time - but tossing it out there for shock value when they've just had sex is neither the right nor considerate move. It just felt weirdly passive aggressive.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 10

LOL! I've never liked Bronson as much as when he revealed that stay card. Paybacks are a bitch. 

I have no doubt that Ines decided she can be a huge personality after this debacle and is behaving for nothing but notoriety. She'll be toxic to any brand, but perhaps thinks she can cash in with some sort of exposure. Otherwise, she's just a sociopath. Well, clearly, both could be accurate.

• Love 4

I do think Ines is putting on a show, at least to some extent.

Why was everyone all up in Bronson's grill for calling her the c-word? She rips him to shreds every chance she gets. He wasn't wrong.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gabs66 said:

So, I am assuming Ines doesn't know about the 6 boats yet.

No, because she hasn't stopped berating him about his eyebrow ring, his strippah past, his pajamas and his mere existence long enough for him to get a word in.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bref said:

Why was everyone all up in Bronson's grill for calling her the c-word? She rips him to shreds every chance she gets. He wasn't wrong.

Well, there's that "being filmed for television" thing. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, bref said:

Well, that word is definitely something that should not have come out of his mouth, especially at this event.

I never really saw Bronson doing anything that was unkind towards horrible Innes before this dinner party, but the way he talked at the event made everyone there think that this is how he has been acting toward her the whole time.  Or maybe I missed those parts of the episodes because I so detest her and feel bad that he was stuck with her.

• Love 3

I know this is an old season and Ines is probably selling skinny tea on Instagram by the case now, but my GOD what an uninteresting and one-note villain. Even Ning switches it up sometimes! If Ines ever returns to reality TV, can we require her to take lessons from New York from Flavor of Love?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, Gabs66 said:

So, I am assuming Ines doesn't know about the 6 boats yet.

Exactly what we were saying watching this.  

She really is awful.  To Bronson and Elizabeth (I think that's her name, so many to keep track of!).  She and Sam deserve each other. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

I feel like Australia is the shit show version of the show but I’m here for it. Are these people as awful as they seem? Ines is a bitch but she has a good point about the eyebrow ring, it’s distracting and unattractive but then I didn’t like her tattoos either. He should have told her to get her ugly tats lasered off. 
Lizzie trying to make it work with Douchey McDouchebag seems like a stretch to me as well.

Theres so many couples it’s hard to weigh in on all of them.

The one with cancer guy seems like a bitch with an annoying voice.

Virgins lady seemed nice but the whole ex lesbian thing doesn’t make sense. It’s not something you convert to and then back to straight again.

Red head seems fun.

Not a fan of Baldy and Frizzy.

Not a fan of Mick and the drama Queen.

I forgot Kardashian and Man Bun. They seem likable.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I feel like Australia is the shit show version of the show but I’m here for it. Are these people as awful as they seem? Ines is a bitch but she has a good point about the eyebrow ring, it’s distracting and unattractive but then I didn’t like her tattoos either. He should have told her to get her ugly tats lasered off. 
Lizzie trying to make it work with Douchey McDouchebag seems like a stretch to me as well.

Theres so many couples it’s hard to weigh in on all of them.

The one with cancer guy seems like a bitch with an annoying voice.

Virgins lady seemed nice but the whole ex lesbian thing doesn’t make sense. It’s not something you convert to and then back to straight again.

Red head seems fun.

Not a fan of Baldy and Frizzy.

Not a fan of Mick and the drama Queen.

I forgot Kardashian and Man Bun. They seem likable.

I agree with all of this. Cam and Jules and Martha and Man Bun are the only ones I think have any chance of surviving. I know Lauren and Mathew seem nice, but he's just so awkward (and not just because of the virgin thing) I don't think she has the patience for that long term.

I have no words for Ines. She is so awful she must be an actress hired to play this part, right? She is acting like Bronson did something horrible to her but he has been shown only being calm until he finally went off at that meeting. I don't understand where all the vitriol comes from. She seems psychotic. Oh, and so does Cyrell. Where did they find these unhinged lunatics?

No way does the farmer and duck lips blonde chick make it. They have absolutely zero in common. And I cannot stand looking at her because those lips look ridiculous. She could be a total knock out beauty but those lips are insane. And on that note, what is with all of these girls pushing their tongue out between their teeth and lips? Is this some kind of Australian affectation that girls do because they think it's sexy? It looks so stupid!

I didn't watch last season so this is my first time seeing Lizzy, so I don't know if she toned down her schtick between this season and the next. Based on what I've seen this season, I don't blame Sam for not being into her. The hair and makeup is nightmarish and she is manic. The over-apologizing to both Ines and Sam was so weird and over the top, especially considering both completely deserved what Lizzy had said to them.

Did the show producers pressure Lizzy and Bronson into writing "Stay" to mine more drama from the situation, or did each chose on their own to write that to punish the assholes they were matched with? Because neither should have done that based on anything rooted in common sense. This strategy of the show of forcing people to stay just because their partner wants them to is kind of sick and twisted.

Still waiting for more of Dino and Mel, my comic relief weirdos........

• Love 5

Mark at the gym with Ning. She's  dressed... um...not for the gym. Unless there's  a pole. I don't  care for Mark, either. He's  simply too old and slovenly.

Melissa and Dino seemed both to have fun on the whatever they were (curtains?!).

Of course, Ines is going after Sam. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

Trouble in Matthew's and Lauren's Paradise. Matt is not suited to Loz from Oz.

He is nice, a sweetheart, but seems extremely  immature not just sexually or romantically, but also socially. The nature of his queries, last week and this, makes Matt appear a simpleton! Lauren is decidedly not enchanted.

Cyrelle's payback for Nic's "French Maid" outfit for her is Chicken Feet Curry and raw goose egg yolk! Bleagh! At least Nic said she looked sexy!

Mick's Revenge of the Hirsute backfires, as Jessika likes his new look! (I don't.)

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Wow, talk about Mars and Venus! Mark simply cannot (more than will not, IMO) grasp that Ning could be totally his were he to offer sympathy, acceptance of her "drama," and, yes, an apology whether he believes it is warranted or not. Guaranteed  there would  be LESS Drama Queen from that point.

It's  sad watching Lizzie  try, while we the audience  know Sam cannot truly stand her or her motormouth. She has little  self-awareness. Well, basically, on a fundamental  level, she is not Sam's physical  type.

Bronson needs a hired taster, haha!

The machinations of Ines and Sam are unpleasant to observe. And she's not as all that as she thinks! I can't see Sam staying with Ines more than one night, if you catch my drift (assuming someone's  reading this!).

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7

Matthew is gay, NTTAWWT. That's why the 29-year virginity. J/S. 

He can't even bring his uncomfortable-in-his-own-skin constant-blinking self to talk to the guys. It goes deeper than being a social introvert. 

2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Matthew is gay, NTTAWWT. That's why the 29-year virginity. J/S. 

He can't even bring his uncomfortable-in-his-own-skin constant-blinking self to talk to the guys. It goes deeper than being a social introvert. 

And now Lauren overhears him. Matthew might have made sure. 

Sorry I hit the quote instead of edit yet again!

• Love 2

I'm an hour in and really tired of the Ines show. We haven't seen Ginger and Cam and only a second of Heidi and Mike, Marta and Michael. I'd like to see more of quirky Dino and Mel, who we have hardly seen at all. I kind of agreed with Ning about the argument. She is not used to working out, was goofing around,  and Mark was being a hard ass and too serious. Plus, whether or not he felt Ning was wrong, he really did appear to be a cold fish,not trying to console her at all while she cried. Perhaps she was right and he had been a bachelor too long.

• Love 6

I believe Lauren scared the bejesus out of Matt when she confessed to being a former lesbian, and is into threesomes. The poor guy seemed traumatized. The experts were shocked, because she failed to include those tidbits on her questionnaire. Had she done so, I don’t believe they would have been matched. 

• Love 14

I believe you hit the nail on the head, @Adeejay. Matt DID seem into Lauren very much on their honeymoon and I do believe he was attracted to her. Revealing what she did to someone so inexperienced both sexually and just relationship-wise really traumatized him. He appeared shell shocked.

• Love 5

It strikes me that each of these women wants, to varying degrees but in general, a man who is cool and self-assured. IMHO:

Bronson, Sam, Cricket Cam, Bald Mike, Man-Bun Michael, and even Dino in his Namaste way fit the bill. 

Farmer Mick (Jessika) and Cancer Nic (Raw Goose Egg Cyrelle) are Second Team.

But Old Needs a Shave Tee-Shirt Mark and Blinky Frightened Just No Urge There Matthew are right out. 

In fairness to Mark and Matthew, however:

Mark probably didn't sign up for THREE (!) children.

And for dang sure Virgin Matthew didn't expect a wife who was a "former" (?) lesbian with a current interest in swinging!

Even the Cool Kids might have second thoughts about these brides!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5