Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: The Assanti Brothers

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, pdlinda said:

I keep wondering if the intense aversion Justin has for Steven may stem from sexual abuse as well as physical and emotional abuse experienced by him growing up.  Steven is such a psychopath that whole textbooks could be written about his various mental abnormalities.  Obviously, Justin was an easy target for Steven to act out his most powerful perversions (EECHHH).

They say the "mother" left the home.  My interest is in who this woman was?  How did Sr. meet her and what was HER genetic footprint?  Education? Background? Medical? Mental?

To give birth to 2 children and then be unable/unwilling to care for them is bad enough; however, for Sr. to have married a woman with easily identifiable mental/emotional/physical issues (if that as the case) and have 2 children with her is even worse.  This family is a textbook case of dysfunctional; however, my hackles really went up at the thought of Steven's new "wife" subjecting her 13 y.o. daughter to such a disgusting pervert.  That really is child abuse!!

All I remember of Mama Assanti was that she was an alcoholic. I’m speculating that Steven and Justin both have FASD along with the million other things they have going on.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

All I remember of Mama Assanti was that she was an alcoholic. I’m speculating that Steven and Justin both have FASD along with the million other things they have going on.

Agreed.  It's obvious her genetic footprint was lethal in the lives of both of these men.  i hold Sr. as culpable as she is as he chose to marry her and have 2 children with her.  The collateral damage of his decision making (or lack thereof) is staggering.

• Love 1
(edited)

Actually, Steven Sr, and Mother of the year, never married.     She apparently moved away with the boys, at least for a while at some time in their childhood.    I don't think we're seeing a fetal alcohol syndrome with either one.   

In my opinion Steven is seriously mentally disturbed, exacerbated by his massive drug use, and Justin is what happens when a child is abused for years by his older brother.   

The father never did anything to stop Steven from abusing Justin, and still is enabling Steven, and trying to get the boys (ridiculous to call them that at their ages) together as siblings.   

Justin better figure out how to stay independent of the the father, and out of the house.  My guess is when Daddy goes to his final rest, Steven will get everything, and own dad's half of the house (just my opinion). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Just saw Steven on an old episode of Ridiculousness featuring Preston & Wee Man.  There was a segment of fat people dancing half-naked and sure enough the last one was our beloved Steven.  Probably from at least 10-12 years ago.