Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: The Gang Discovers Who Killed Jeffrey Epstein

• Start Topic

That wasn't suppose to be the finale of the season, they had to stop production mid-season because of the pandemia.

I bet they were going to continue with this story line, specially about the lay-offs and memo 618.

I liked it, I look forward to the next season.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nameless slob said:

That wasn't suppose to be the finale of the season, they had to stop production mid-season because of the pandemia.

I bet they were going to continue with this story line, specially about the lay-offs and memo 618.

I liked it, I look forward to the next season.

I liked it too. I can't wait until next season. 

haha, I loved the inclusion of the snow sled in the temple of stuff.  Here I was thinking "BUD" was a dog, and then they showed the sled and of course I go to "Rosebud!"  But then that final scene, hahah, omg.  so typical.

• Love 1

GREAT season! But I wish they would finish it with at least Zoom readings of the remaining scripts. Or an animated version. I know that would be massively expensive and slow, but I can dream . . .  I'd be very happy to see cartoon versions of Diane and Adrian and The Gang!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2020 at 8:35 AM, Hanahope said:

haha, I loved the inclusion of the snow sled in the temple of stuff.  Here I was thinking "BUD" was a dog, and then they showed the sled and of course I go to "Rosebud!" 

I found an article that described how they patched together this episode, using a few scenes already filmed for Episode 8.  Robert King made a clear connection with Citizen Kane and "Rosebud" and the sled in the final scene.  They also said all of the scenes with Julius were supposed to be in Episode 8, but they wanted to continue that thread in the quick wrap-up they had to do.  (link below)

But one thing that made me crazy was that they made NO attempt to contact the friend/girlfriend who was supposed to pick up the envelope.  Clearly, the notes were written to be understandable by her, so why not even try to get her to help crack the codes?   

And these are supposed to be smart attorneys -- how could they not be aware how crucial it was to keep up their billable hours in that first year of the alliance?  Plus, the $20 million was the amount they had been *paid* for the purchase of their firm -- where did that money go?  If they had already overspent their budget by $20 million in one year, there was no way they would be able to pay off a $10 million loan from the bank.  

Anyway, here is the link to the article I mentioned above.  I had to try a few different browsers to get it to work:  https://variety.com/2020/tv/features/the-good-fight-season-4-finale-jeffrey-epstein-memo-618-spoilers-1234617882/  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, rejnel said:

GREAT season! But I wish they would finish it with at least Zoom readings of the remaining scripts. Or an animated version. I know that would be massively expensive and slow, but I can dream . . .  I'd be very happy to see cartoon versions of Diane and Adrian and The Gang!

The Judy Garland A Star Is Born has sections where they have audio but no video, so they show still images. I could see the Kings making something like that work, especially on the theme of paranoia. 

I was surprised Adrian's run for president wasn't discussed when they decided to try to buy back the firm.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, freddi said:

And these are supposed to be smart attorneys -- how could they not be aware how crucial it was to keep up their billable hours in that first year of the alliance? 

Exactly. Is there enough time left in the year that Diane could make up lost ground? 

The mystery felt too rushed and there were too many people involved. I like both Jay and Marissa but it feels wrong that both investigators are working in tandem. 

On 6/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, freddi said:

But one thing that made me crazy was that they made NO attempt to contact the friend/girlfriend who was supposed to pick up the envelope.  Clearly, the notes were written to be understandable by her, so why not even try to get her to help crack the codes? 

From what we know about Ghislaine Maxwell, helping would be the last thing she would do even if she hadn't gone into hiding.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

From what we know about Ghislaine Maxwell, helping would be the last thing she would do even if she hadn't gone into hiding.

Yes, I/we know more about her now than when I wrote that back in June!  It could have made a great subplot, though.  

• Love 1
On 6/21/2020 at 12:41 AM, freddi said:

I found an article that described how they patched together this episode, using a few scenes already filmed for Episode 8.  Robert King made a clear connection with Citizen Kane and "Rosebud" and the sled in the final scene.

We watched last night. All caught up now, for the time being! I look forward to reading the article.

Yes, as that final sequence was playing out, my mind said: "I couldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure they're lifting entire swatches of Citizen Kane dialogue verbatim! (Along with the camera angles, camera movement, etc.) They basically did everything but use the original Bernard Herrmann soundtrack music. Obviously they changed a few details in the dialogue (like calling each other Jay and Marissa, when the original dialogue was between the reporter and the butler, who weren't named Jay and Marissa!). I point out that minor difference to emphasize how alike everything else in the dialogue was.

I love the audacity.

• Love 1