Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: How It Is With Brothers

AIRING MAY 31, 2020

Tiago and Lewis interrogate Diego; Adelaide warns Molly about her personal desires; Townsend learns of Kurt's surprising past; Peter Craft makes a decision about his marriage with Linda; Maria tracks down Mateo and pleads with him to come home.

Diego admits to 5 murders in exchange for what??? Not getting raped and killed before execution??

That surfing scene was extraneous...Kurt is a racist...shocking!

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, paigow said:

Diego admits to 5 murders in exchange for what??? Not getting raped and killed before execution??

That surfing scene was extraneous...Kurt is a racist...shocking!

I he confesses he:

Doesn't get the death penalty.

Would be going to jail anyway since he was part of the group that killed the cop so he either goes in as a snitch or as a multiple killer (better rep).

His community is in the middle of a race war so at least they will think better of him because he took the heat off of them from the rich family murder and the murder of the cop.

I think it is a given that all early Nazis were racists and or anti communists, why else join? After Hitler came to power it was useful to be a Nazi to get ahead but not before that since he was never that popular. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

I he confesses he:

Doesn't get the death penalty.

Which D.A. is going to waive the Death Penalty for 5 murder counts? Confessing WITHOUT naming co-conspirators / accomplices provides no incentive for the State to keep Diego alive.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, paigow said:

Which D.A. is going to waive the Death Penalty for 5 murder counts? Confessing WITHOUT naming co-conspirators / accomplices provides no incentive for the State to keep Diego alive.

You mean besides confessing to a major case the state has 0 leads on and other rich people want solved yesterday?

The only witness to the cop killing (saying more then 1 person was involved) is an unreliable mexican sex worker that would not work well in court. So when the guy confesses and says he did it by himself there is no need to take the case to court and need an airtight case to get the chamber.

• Love 1

When did Diego get beat up by Reilly? Was it when the police raided the club? I'm drawing a blank on this.

I'm still finding Molly the least interesting character on the show. I wanted to fast forward through her singing too, but I was watching live. 

Not enough Natalie Dormer in this one.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

When did Diego get beat up by Reilly? Was it when the police raided the club? 

In the first 10 minutes of the following episode. Tiago walks into an interrogation room and stops Reilly.

• Love 2

If I was Rio and her boys, I would be worried about Maria, that lady is seriously steely as hell. That look she gave them when she opened the door could have peeled wallpaper. 

As much as I liked that scene, I kind of wish they had just stayed in the police department the whole episode, that was where all of the good stuff was happening. Who knew Nathan Lane could run such an intense police interrogation?! The next time Tiego and Mateo see each other, things are gonna be really awkward, even if Mateo acts like he he apparently cut things off with his family for now. Tiego and Lewis pretty much just covered a murder up to keep Mateo out of trouble, but if Rio/Magda has her way, that will just be a temporary fix and he will get into even more trouble soon. Even though he should be very concerned by how his new friends not only disrespects his mother, but are also so quick to cut lose their own friends. 

It is so insanely obvious that Kurt is playing Townsend to get blackmail material, its almost giving me secondhand embarrassment. Yeah, this hot young surfer Nazi is so totally into your middle aged pudgy middle management self. 

Lewis was so annoyed with Diegos story, he is just so stressed about everything going on. "What is that, some kind of parable!?" I get that Tiego is really upset and freaking out, but that crack about how Lewis doesn't have anybody was a low blow. Its like the two of them switched good cop and bad cop like five times throughout! 

I feel really bad for Peters sons and his wife. She didn't seem to be mother of the year and really does seem to be an alcoholic, but its horrible how easy it is for her husband to just lock her up and keep her from her children all so her husband can move his mistress in. The poor kids now are losing their mom, and their loser Nazi dad is going to make them hang out with his new girlfriend and her creepy as fuck son who tortures them with ghost kids. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, UnknownK said:

So when the guy confesses and says he did it by himself there is no need to take the case to court and need an airtight case to get the chamber.

Diego is a flyweight, Reilly is a heavyweight. Even the most corrupt judge would fall off the bench laughing when Diego makes his allocution.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

If I was Rio and her boys, I would be worried about Maria, that lady is seriously steely as hell.

How did she find the safehouse? How many people did she bribe with home baked cakes for the address?  L.A. has really good bus service to get her there and back. She has met 2 versions of Magda but does not seem to sense any extraordinary darkness.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I feel really bad for Peters sons and his wife. She didn't seem to be mother of the year and really does seem to be an alcoholic, but its horrible how easy it is for her husband to just lock her up and keep her from her children all so her husband can move his mistress in. The poor kids now are losing their mom, and their loser Nazi dad is going to make them hang out with his new girlfriend and her creepy as fuck son who tortures them with ghost kids. 

Alcoholics can be very mean. I just figured the father just had enough of her and the second he found somebody who is from the old country and sexy he wanted her gone. You can tell how the wife said he suddenly felt strong like she thought he was a weakling and a pushover.

I get the feeling that the Mexican housekeeper is raising the kids anyway, and they probably like playing with the new "kid".

5 minutes ago, paigow said:

L.A. has really good bus service to get her there

The poor servants need a way to get to the rich peoples houses and businesses to do their job. I would think inside the bad parts of town (where they live) the service isn't as good and they had to do a lot of walking.

3 hours ago, paigow said:

She has met 2 versions of Magda but does not seem to sense any extraordinary darkness.

It seemed to me that she did recognize Magda just before leaving, or at least sensed that something was very wrong. The shaky way she walked and her look of fear plus determination all lead me to believe she is forming a plan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Tiego and Lewis pretty much just covered a murder up to keep Mateo out of trouble, but if Rio/Magda has her way, that will just be a temporary fix and he will get into even more trouble soon.

I don't know how much advanced planning Magda is doing, but covering it up certainly would seem to serve her interests in getting her hooks into their family. I'm going to lose a little respect for the show if Tiago doesn't find out why Mateo killed Reilly. I suppose Tiago thinks it's about him so he didn't think to ask, but it's still a little bs Mateo didn't say anything when he cornered him last episode. 

13 hours ago, UnknownK said:

You mean besides confessing to a major case the state has 0 leads on and other rich people want solved yesterday?

The only witness to the cop killing (saying more then 1 person was involved) is an unreliable mexican sex worker that would not work well in court. So when the guy confesses and says he did it by himself there is no need to take the case to court and need an airtight case to get the chamber.

And Captain Data isn't really concerned about finding the culprit, just an arrest to close the case. 

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm still finding Molly the least interesting character on the show. I wanted to fast forward through her singing too, but I was watching live. 

I'll give the mother credit for pointing out the soup kitchen, etc. 'Sister Molly' is certainly a brand/influencer before there was such a thing. I'm not sure I find that particularly interesting, so I'm hoping she folds into the main story sooner than later. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
(edited)
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Lewis was so annoyed with Diegos story, he is just so stressed about everything going on. "What is that, some kind of parable!?"

I taught my fucking poodle how to play dead. 

I do like how Lewis had no hesitation that Diego didn't do it. AND he knew it was Mateo! 

So does Mateo only have the one scowly expression now? 

48 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

It seemed to me that she did recognize Magda just before leaving, or at least sensed that something was very wrong.

I'm watching now, and when Rio opened the door, it didn't look like she recognized her. The second time she looked at her, Rio actually looked a little concerned. The last time, she just glared at the both of them. I couldn't tell that she "recognized" her, and I was looking for it. 

Unless, Rio was looking concerned because she know Maria has seen Santa Muerte.

Credit the main three actors in this one for handling a lot of dialogue. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1