Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Legendary

Just discovered this show and finally up to date with both seasons.  I've heard of Ballroom but beyond knowing just a tiny bit of the history, I'm honestly not familiar with the culture/structure/etc.  So it's been fun learning more about Ballroom culture and the technical aspects of voguing through this show.

Can someone tell me if it is typical in Ballroom for the contestants to talk back to the judges?  On one hand, it's cool for the judges to called out once in a while (because we've all seen some BS judging) but on the other hand, I kinda cringe for the contestants when they do this.  This show has gotten some decent guest judges who I could absolutely see hiring one or more of the contestants for future projects.  Maybe it's a long shot but not something unheard of (I think JLo has used a bunch of World of Dance contestants on her tour).  So I don't want any of the contestants to lose out on an opportunity because they're perceived as having an "attitude" or not capable of taking critical feedback.

On a side note: is it me or has Jameela seemed less engaged these past couple of episodes?  Is she not seeing eye to eye with the other judges (i.e. the fight with Leiomy)?  Is she annoyed that Megan is now sitting in the middle seat?

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Listen, I loves the Balenciagas, but they are so sloppy; sloppy to the point that my ballroom virgin eyes can see. 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:09 PM, DearEvette said:

Balenciaga, imo, is being very much carried by Shannon.  Without her the rest fade for me.  She is all their charisma and focus.  It is a shame because I think they get overpraised because of it.  And I thought their Barbie thing was probably the least creative of the houses.

I think they definitely get too much love. I think they are sloppy and not very creative or dynamic. 

I did appreciate that when Honey was trying to snatch the mike to reply to Law that Mother Shannon kept a tight grip and actually chastised Honey. Honey came off as very immature and self-centered, and Shannon struck the right motherly tone of, "Child, you better listen to your elders." 

• Like 5

Something struck me as odd, so I rewatched the shows.  What is it with Balenciaga and the inability to keep shoes on their feet?  Kalik lost his shoes in one performance, Honey complained about her shoes, Mother Shannon fell on the Grand March performance and lost her shoe during the 3 Fab Mice runway. I would love to know the BTS tea on that!  

• Like 2

Do the judges see a completely different or longer performance than we do? No shade, real question.

Semi final episode told me what I already knew - Balenciaga is a bunch of assholes. 

Dashaun is one of the sexiest men humans ever. 

Edited by Kroliosis
  • Like 3

Well, that ended in the way I could accept.  I had to get off of Instagram because Mother Shannon was posting a lot that led me to believe that House Balenciaga didn't win.  I didn't want to spoil myself!

I guess Honey was still smarting after the dustup with Law; she didn't vogue with the power or charm that I am used to seeing from her.

We should have had Leiomy vogue down with Deshaun instead of Bebe Rexha.  I did like that Deshaun debuted his House.

Diego has himself a fan club! (I'm in it, too!)  Mother Shannon will have to cut all of us. Heh.

Congratulations to the House of Miyake-Mugler!  I'll be ready for Season 3 in a few months.

Adding to the Leiomy Stan Brigade. I forgot that she was in Willow's "Whip My Hair" video! 

Edited by Stardancer Supreme · Reason: Added more stuff.
  • Like 4

I really enjoyed these last 2 episodes. The energy and creativity were at such high levels. 

Loved Tiffany's energy and cutthroat judging. I appreciated how Law and Leiomy firmly yet gently schooled her about certain aspects of ballroom. 

Honey, count me in for Club Diego! Watching all the judges get hot and bothered about him was so much fun! Loved Dashaun teasing them about it. Even his competitor was like: "Yeah. Yes, THAT." 

I was pulling for Miyake-Mugler, so YAY that they won. Balenciaga did very well, and I appreciated how engaged and together they were for the final. 

One thing that concerned me: that the judges seemed to be almost pushing the competitors to push their physical limits to harmful levels. I'm all for passion, but, damn, they still gotta use these bodies the next day, lol. 

Overall, I feel this season was much more polished, and I loved the themes. 

Can't wait for next season!!! 

• Like 1

Next season I would love to see a different icon feature the vogue move of the episode. That finale performance of Deshaun’s highlighted all 5 cleanly & perfectly. Let’s see what it should be then how each house interprets it. 

• Like 1

More Dashaun! Like Kroliosis said, his style is so CLEAN. 

Edited by rollacoaster · Reason: checking to make sure the video link worked
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

More Dashaun! Like Kroliosis said, his style is so CLEAN. 

And his face is never strained. Everything is just so beautiful and stunning. 

• Like 2

Congrats to the House of Miyake-Mugler!  Though to be fair, it was their competition to lose.  The judges clearly fell out of favor with Honey and no matter how much they loved Mother Shannon, Balenciaga probably needed to move a mountain to win.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, rollacoaster said:

Loved Tiffany's energy and cutthroat judging. I appreciated how Law and Leiomy firmly yet gently schooled her about certain aspects of ballroom. 

Tiffany was a harsh judge!  And she seemed really pissed after the Law/Leiomy/Megan flare up.  But I noticed that she gave a similar criticism as Demi - that the contestants weren't spending enough time performing in front of her.  It makes me wonder if the contestants were taking the guest judge for granted in general (which unless they are Tyson Beckford is probably not a good idea).

• Like 4

10 hours ago, zenithwit said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7549395

I was kinda pissed that they burned off the last 4 episodes in 2 weeks instead of giving us the full last month, but this news makes me happy. Legendary is definitely my favorite new show from 2020 and I hope it has lots more seasons to come!

• Like 1

House of Balmain was featured in Iggy Azelea's latest music video: 

• Like 1